PDA

View Full Version : Recent Vintage SW Purchases?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

evenflow
01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Kind of to go along with my "what do you still need" thread, what are your recent purchases.

I just bought this morning, a Luke Jedi Green Saber with a Snap Cloak.

LusiferSam
01-08-2005, 11:33 AM
What's recent? My most recent vintage purchase was a few months back. I bought some instructions that included the TIE Interceptor and Split Belly Tauntaun.

Slicker
01-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Now this one I can post in. I just recently started buying vintage figs off ebay and my first one was a Rebel Commando unpunched and I just got my Klattu unpunched. Both are from the ROTJ line and in pretty good shape.

Kidhuman
01-08-2005, 09:07 PM
The last vintage purchase I made was The Ewok Village. I got that, 3 Ewoks and 3PO removeable limbs all for 28 bucks including shipping on Ebay about 6 months ago.

Ji'dai
01-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Not exactly recent, but in the early to mid 90s I bought DROIDS' Thall Joben and Jord Dusat MOC from the fan club for $20 each. The cards were unpunched and near mint but the bubbles were yellow. Still, that purchase made me DROIDS complete (except for Vlix). I'm still debating on whether to open 'em since the rest of my DROIDS figs are loose too.

megaprime33
01-09-2005, 02:53 PM
I have purchased anything vintage in awhile, but Ive been eyeing vader's tie fighter for a little while now. Trying to find one thats in good condition and a fair price.

akcuda
01-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Here are some goodies I've picked up within the last few months (all loose):
Sonic Land Speeder
Tri-logo Boba Fetts (both)
Imperial Cruiser
Takara C-3PO (was carded, but I opened it)
Some POTF/Droids/Ewoks coins
Ewoks Logray
Cloud City Playset
POTF Skiff
some minor variations, army builders and accessories
RHPOT Battle Wagon

Fluke Skywalker
01-11-2005, 07:58 AM
I just got a Vintage Boba Fett and Luke X-Wing Pilot 3 3/4. Slowly chipping away!

evenflow
01-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Very nice, I am working on some more stuff. Basically my problem is my collection is complete so now I am searching for variations and foreign figures to just buy something.

Fluke Skywalker
01-17-2005, 07:33 AM
Got a Vintage Han Solo (Small head variant). With the down time between the OTC and RotS, I have a chance to work on my vintage collection for a while.

jjreason
01-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I've only recently begun to rebuild my vintage figure collection (which I sold the summer before I got married - money was talking pretty loud at that point). The VOTC relreases made up my mind - I wanted at least those 12 vintage figures (loose) to display with those versions and the retro look cards.

My first deal wasn't bad - 3 loose figures (all of which were c9 or better) for $50 CDN shipped: Darth Vader (saber tip intact), C3PO, and Chewie.

My second deal was a good one - 9 loose figures (all of which arrived c9 except for Lando) for $92 including shipping:

ANH Leia
Han Solo (small head)
Obi Wan Kenobi (saber tip intact)
Boba Fett
Power Droid
FX7
Lando Calrissean
Yoda (orange snake)
R2D2 (no scope, very white sticker)

My latest deal (I haven't received the figures yet, but the same seller as deal #2) isn't too bad either:

B-Wing Pilot (which I'm going to repackage on a POTF card I have complete with bubble and coin)
Lando Calrissean (again, in better shape than last time)
Tusken Raider
Greedo
Hammerhead
Snaggletooth
Walrusman
Luke X-Wing Pilot
Star Destroyer Commander

all for $100 shipped. In my opinion I've done alright so far!

My old collection was 72 figures, most of which were in near-mint shape (the first 20 were a little more worn due to the age I was when I got them). The B-Wing Pilot will be the one of the figures I didn't have, so that's exciting for me.

My hope is to finish my first 21 in c9 or better, then take a break while the EpIII rush is on. After that, I'll go back and work on the rest of the figures from ESB. Not sure what my final goal is - completism or just getting back to what I had as a kid.

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 06:50 PM
I just got a Vintage Jabba playset for 14.50 plus 6 bucks shipping. Not a bad deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5952199509

darthCDitty
02-05-2005, 10:29 PM
My last vintage purchase was an Unpunched 20-back Power Droid AFA 85, the toughest by far for me to find....

Fluke Skywalker
02-26-2005, 10:55 PM
I recently bought a carded Han Bespin on an ESB card (41 back). It's the first carded vintage figure I've bought.

Slicker
03-04-2005, 08:00 PM
A couple weeks back I won an auction for a carded Bib Fortuna and Lobot. Neither were in super condition but they looked decent and I only paid $25 or something like that.

sith_killer_99
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I just bought a vintage sealed Speeder bike here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5958638181&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Kidhuman
03-04-2005, 08:33 PM
nice pick up SK, I got one a few years back for 25 I believe...

sith_killer_99
03-04-2005, 08:58 PM
I've been on something of a Biker Scout/Scout Trooper kick lately. I also recently purchased a MOMC unpunched 77 back Biker Scout and a loose Biker Scout with short mouth piece.

I'm not sure what set it off, maybe it was the exclusive Scout Troopers from Battle Fronts that I bought or the cool new Kotobukiya Scout Trooper I put on pre-order. :D

BTW, in case anyone was wondering both the guns on the exclusive Scout Trooper are glued in place. I bought one that got damaged in shipping and ended up opening him and buying another MOMC. ;)

Slicker
03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Great pick up on the Speeder Bike SK. Hell for $15 you could never go wrong.

Kidhuman
03-05-2005, 02:59 PM
SK99, I have been on that kick for sometime now. I have amassed about 10 scouts, new and old, a speeder bike over the last few years in some down time during collecting. I just need a few more bikes. Biker Scouts are just plain old sweet.

Slicker
03-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Just bought a ROTJ AT-ST driver off Ebay. Unpunched and looks pretty decent. Yay me!!!!

General_Grievous
03-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Just bought 5 loose vintage figures that I realized I needed.

AT-ST Driver
Hoth Luke
Hoth Rebel Commander
Hoth Rebel Soldier
White Bespin Guard

Luke's my favorite. I was also surprised at how good the detail is on the AT-ST Driver's outfit. For a figure made in 1984, that's pretty good.

Dialogus
03-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Most recent vintage acquisitions would be Yoda w/Brown Snake ($15.50) & Barada ($22.50), both loose complete, C8.5 to C9.

vader121
03-24-2005, 07:56 AM
have been buying up stuff on ebay which includes a Rebel Command Center (still on it's way) & tank mini-rig with bubble intact. Ebay is my drug of choice. :D

Picked up a brown-hair Luke in good shape at Toy Show for about $3.

evenflow
03-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Picked up a brown-hair Luke in good shape at Toy Show for about $3.

Nice find! I am working on asome variants, but they keep going a little too high for me right now.

bobafrett
03-24-2005, 12:51 PM
My first post in this thread. I won a 1977 Tusken Raider last night on eBay. I think it will be one of the oldest figures in my collection. It was open, with no weapon, but the cape was in good condition from what I could tell in the photo.

LusiferSam
03-24-2005, 02:00 PM
Most recent vintage acquisitions would be Yoda w/Brown Snake ($15.50) & Barada ($22.50), both loose complete, C8.5 to C9.
Dang, that's a good deal on Barada. I paid nearly $10 more mine, which was also complete and C8.5 to C9.

I almost picked up a red ROTJ the "Force" lightsaber the other day. Got out bid in the last seconds. :(

Slicker
03-24-2005, 03:11 PM
I almost picked up a red ROTJ the "Force" lightsaber the other day. Got out bid in the last seconds. :(Doesn't that just burn you when people do that. For every 1 item that I win I think I get outbid in the final seconds on at least 4. Whenever I win/lose an auction I check the bid history and 90% of the time a bid was put in in the final minutes or seconds. People wait like hawks to steal your prey.

LusiferSam
03-24-2005, 10:34 PM
It doesn't burn that bad, I do it all the time. 90% of the time its only way to win.

vader121
03-25-2005, 07:42 AM
I also picked up a kenner bagged Snowtrooper for $20 at a Toy Show recently.
Slowly I am getting all the figures loose, bagged, and carded.

evenflow
03-25-2005, 10:07 PM
Well the other day I went to a friends house and noticed he had a green and red ROTJ lightsaber just sitting in the closet so I basically just took them :) He was nice enough to just give them to me. Great condition, better than green one I already had.

I also picked up a Red Cape Lili Ledy Squid Head! One more step closer, just a few more to go.

LusiferSam
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
Ending a than 6 month drought of vintage purchases, I recent picked out two new items off eBay. The first item arrived today. Its a green Droids (shutters) lightsaber. I'm not a hugh fan of Droids stuff, but this looked pretty good. Its tiny, only about 16 inches when fully extended.

The second item is something really cool and an item I've been looking for on and off for several years now. But I not going to say what it is until it arrives and I have held it in my hands. The guy should be shipping it today and with any luck I get before the end of the week.

evenflow
05-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Ending a than 6 month drought of vintage purchases, I recent picked out two new items off eBay. The first item arrived today. Its a green Droids (shutters) lightsaber. I'm not a hugh fan of Droids stuff, but this looked pretty good. Its tiny, only about 16 inches when fully extended.

The second item is something really cool and an item I've been looking for on and off for several years now. But I not going to say what it is until it arrives and I have held it in my hands. The guy should be shipping it today and with any luck I get before the end of the week.

Thats cool man, the Droids saber is a nice item.

As fo rthe other one, you cant leave us in suspense like that.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-31-2005, 09:40 PM
As for the other one, you can't leave us in suspense like that.I know what it is... the rare Bespin Luke with double telescoping saber, right? :p

Fluke Skywalker
05-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Won a Kenner Stormtrooper 3 position rifle from eBay the other day. That give me two of the classic roleplay weapons, along with the ANH version Han Solo blaster.

Jayspawn
06-04-2005, 08:47 AM
I recently picked up Han Solo (large head) and the Bespin Security Guard (White) from Ebay. They arrived yesterday. Both in great shape!

"Almost there..."

Hellboy
06-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I recently added a figure to my carded vintage collection. Princess Leia Boushh Disguise on an unpunched ROTJ card. Condition is probably C-8.5 to C-9.

Fluke Skywalker
06-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Won a vintage Leia Bespin (Turtleneck variant). First vintage Leia I've
gotten so far in my quest to complete my vintage collection.

LusiferSam
06-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Nearly three weeks later I finally received my mystery item today. I've been wait on the edge on my sit for this thing. What is it? Its the Palitoy Death Star. I've wanted one for a long time, but they've always gone for more than I've wanted to pay. But than there was this one on eBay last month. A good, complete set with the box (which is in really bad shape) and instructions from a reputable seller. And no body bid on the thing, including me! I just spaced the auction all together. But I contacted seller about an hour after the end and explained this to him. The guy was pretty cool about it and said yes he'd sell it to me. The reason it took so long in getting to me is the guy was getting married, so that just might have been a big priority ;) .

Fluke Skywalker
06-21-2005, 03:35 AM
^ Nice! I've always wanted a Palitoy DS myself, but they usually gp for big buck$.

evenflow
06-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Thats awesome man, great find. Without telling us the price, it sounds liek you got a good deal though. Congrats!

doo
06-24-2005, 06:29 PM
I only need about 5 more of these figures in Kenner baggies for a complete set. So...

I just picked up these...

http://members.shaw.ca/doo1/NewJun05.jpg

Slicker
07-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, even the best of us make mistakes. I just bought an unpunched ROTJ Klaatu Skiff Guard but didn't pay the $13.51 I thought I was paying. It turns out I didn't pay enough attention to the little squiggly thing and the location. It's in British pounds and the location isn't Norfolk, VA which is 20 minutes away, it's Norwich, Norfolk. Anyways, my total was about $30. Here's what I bought. My bad (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5985910564&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1).

Edit: All of the conversion prices weren't on the auction when I bid. Just so you don't think I'm a complete tard.

Kidhuman
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Dont feel bad Slicker, I made that mistake once as well. I bought a lot of Robotech figures for 17 dollars and didnt check location. It was England. The shipping was as much as the figures. Be damn straight the first thing I check is location, then shipping after that.

Hellboy
07-10-2005, 02:17 AM
slicker1138 huh? Thats funny you chose that as your ebay name Slick and rather ironic because mine is hellboy1138. :D

Couple of terribly original cats aren't we? ;)

Slicker
07-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Couple of terribly original cats aren't we? ;)Well, for this one I'm gonna fall back on the rusty but trusty great minds line.

CaptainSolo1138
07-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Care to guess what my ebay username is? :D

A few terribly original cats, aren't we?

Fluke Skywalker
07-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Vintage Luke, ANH, Blonde version. Been chasing this one a long time.

DarkArtist
07-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Recently just picked up the last three figures I needed to complete my vintage set, Anakin Skywalker, Amanaman, and Barada. Now I have the full set of vintage. Only need a decent split belly tauntaun and the rancor to have a complete beast set. :)

bigbarada
07-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Over the last two months I have been heavily into filling out my vintage collection. So far, since May, I have bought an Imperial Gunner, Romba, Han Carbonite, an A-Wing Pilot and I actually got ahold of a really nice vintage A-Wing off of ebay (only $140).

Jayspawn
09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
I recieved Endor Leia in the mail today. 1 more figure closer!

Jayspawn
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Woohoo! A buddy of mine unloaded a shoebox FULL of Vintage figures. I paid him $75 for the lot. But theres a TON of figures crammed in there. Its gonna take a while to sort through them.

Hellboy
09-08-2005, 04:15 PM
Nice haul Jayspawn. :thumbsup:

Someday I'd like to go back and put together a full set of loose Vintage figures. I've just had a hard time getting past the fact that I had most of them already as a kid in excellent condition and had to sell my entire collection due to storage issues when I graduated from high school and went to college. :cry: Paying basically ten times more than what I sold them for just makes me sick but I'm sure many collectors have experienced similar situations. For now I'll probably just stick to adding a new carded figure to my Vintage collection from time to time.

Jayspawn
09-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks Hellboy!

I've gone through my haul and found some great figures complete! Most of them are in great shape including the white Leia -not even a mark and her plastic cape is flawless! But I've greatly learned that going through Vintage figures is time consuming -I spent HOURS yesterday Haha. Apparently there is going to be extras as I already have several and I'm gonna have a bunch of accessories too. I might hold onto those until I complete my set.

Slicker
09-09-2005, 10:47 AM
That is one heck of a steal Jay. Have you gotten any count on the number of complete figs yet?

I know when I bought my first mass loose vintage collection I just looked at 'em for a while. It's strange holding 20 year old toys that look impeccable.

Jayspawn
09-09-2005, 12:24 PM
I've pieced together about a dozen complete figures so far with another bunch just a weapon away from being complete.

Jayspawn
09-15-2005, 04:59 PM
After sorting through that shoebox, I pieced together 13 complete figures! I just ordered some accessories and they ar eon the way, that should complete 4 more figures. I still have some harder pieces to track down though.

Hellboy
09-16-2005, 04:33 PM
17 complete figures when all is said and done isn't bad at all.

Sorting through a shoebox of Vintage figures sure sounds like fun. Many great memories are attached to those little plastic guys. :)

LusiferSam
10-15-2005, 07:37 PM
It just picked up the rare backdrop for Darth Vader's TIE. The top part has separated from the bottom and one of the sides is starting to come off also. It's made of pretty thin stock, more like a manilla folder. But it would look good for display, so I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

niktom
10-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Picked up a Cantina Adventure (no figs) complete with all pegs and in awsome shape. It is even in the box which is mostly there. Best of all, I got it cheap!

Slicker
12-08-2005, 02:17 PM
I just got in the mail a ROTJ carded Palitoy Klaatu. The card is almost perfect but the bubble is yellow and has a ding and a crack.

timmae
12-10-2005, 12:01 AM
i just got a esb carded yoda(clear, dinged bubble...bent card...upc removed...for 24= shipn. looks good in a starcase!):thumbsup:

LusiferSam
12-15-2005, 06:33 PM
I've just done the impossible. A feat in vintage collecting on par with finding a DT saber figure or rocket firing Fett. I have successfully taken an incomplete Tatooine Skiff and completed it. Back in the summer of 2000 I bought a Tatooine Skiff. It turned out that this Skiff had three missing parts, both rear legs and part of one of the fins. For the past five years I've search eBay everyday in a never ending hunt for those parts. That hunt ended today. I've received the final piece, the right rear leg, today. I will say it took less time than I thought it might have to do this. :D

Slicker
12-15-2005, 06:54 PM
A big congratulations Lusifer. I haven't gotten the nerve to spend that much money yet on a vintage item but I've seen how much them things have gone for on Ebay and you've got quite a piece there.

vader121
12-20-2005, 07:41 AM
I have recently picked up the following ...

Imperial Shuttle = love it! Always wanted one. It's complete and has good color. Not yellowed.

Mail-away display stand = these are the L shaped ones that, for some reason, I had trouble getting. In great shape. Got it at a Toy Show for like $10.

Jayspawn
12-24-2005, 10:34 AM
A friend of mine for an early Christmas gift gave me a Vintage ROTJ X-Wing Fighter STILL in the original Box!! HOLY CRAP!!! I was floored. I didnt expect that at all! Wow!

Kidhuman
12-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Thats a pretty sweet gift Ji'dai. I just picked this up on Ebay as I lost the helmet to my original one.

My ebay win (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6023523019&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1)

LusiferSam
01-08-2006, 11:45 AM
This purchase is about a month old now, but there has been some problems with this it and was hoping to resolve them before posting. Any how, I finally got a red the "Force" lightsaber. The problem is that the seller said it had the ROTJ logo on the handle. What I got was an ESB version. I'd rather have the ROTJ version because I have memories of these. It's a minor thing, but is the major reason I hadn't bought until now. The seller has ignored all my communications and forced me to leave neutral feedback.

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 12:07 AM
Tonight I won a slew of Vintage accessories and a complete C10 Imperial Gunner. Another hard to find POTF figure I can scratch off my lest. Got him for $38. The weapons should complete a bunch of figures I have. Still struggling on a few accessories though.

I have a Black Bespin Guard and a Pruneface cape on the way now.

ecl
01-19-2006, 02:36 PM
I just won a complete tusken raider figure, been looking for a good one for awhile!

jjreason
01-20-2006, 03:03 PM
I just won Hoth Han and Chief Chirpa from rebelscum vintage - apparently they're figures that were used in the making of their photo archives. Total cost, including shipping: $11. My total is now at 40, though 2 of mine don't have their weapons.

Jayspawn
01-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Woohoo! I just got a slew of original accessories and was able to complete: Jedi Luke (w/ green saber and sewen robe), Logray, Trenchcoat Han, and the Hoth Rebel Soldier. I got the Imperial Gunner with the accessories. he's in great shape, his decals are perfect! I'm now at 65/97 Vintage figures!

Jayspawn
01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
I updated my accessory haves/needs in the Vintage Trading section...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=452273#post452273

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Score! I have General Lando and the A-Wing Pilot on the way now!

ecl
01-27-2006, 10:21 PM
I just ordered a boba fett with weapon and chewbacca with bowcaster

ecl
01-29-2006, 03:53 PM
not really a recent purchase, but I just found in a box in my closet today a blaster for my vintage Hammerhead that I had lost a long time ago!

Jayspawn
01-29-2006, 11:33 PM
Its like something welcome poping up to say Have a nice day!

And now it turns out that I have Barada on the way to me now.

I'm runing out of plastic snap-cases for my figures. Need to order some more.

Jayspawn
01-31-2006, 12:44 AM
Hey! I recieved General Lando and the A-Wing Pilot in the mail today! Both arrived in perfect condition. Almost like they were never played with. Lando's cape is in excellent shape.

jjreason
01-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, nice score on those POTFs Jayspawn, you must be getting close.

I just made a deal for 10 more figures, supposedly all in C9 or better with original weapons. Total cost was 11.35 (CDN) per figure, shipping included, which is close enough to my "guideline" of $10/figure. That will bring my collection to 50!

EDITED: I adjusted my entry in the weapons trading thread (and also snuck in there my EXTREMELY TINY list of complete figures up for trade).

Jayspawn
01-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Thanks jjreason! I'm at the stange of my journey where I can see the end but not there yet.

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Barada arrived in the mail today! Yeeaaahh!

ecl
02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
awesome!

I got a blaster for my AT-AT commander today in the mail, another completed figure!

jjreason
02-08-2006, 02:37 AM
My ten figures haven't shown up yet, but that's a bit of a mixed blessing/curse anyhow - the longer they take to get here, the longer I can avoid the wrath of my wife....... :whip: :D

EDITED: Ask and ye shall receive - they were in the mail today! So far, this was the BEST deal I've gotten on vintage. Period. They're wicked - and to top it all off, I now have 5 of the 8 figures I was missing when I was kid (not including the POTF figures, which I don't have any of yet - and didn't have any of back then either). I still need Leia Poncho, Klaatu Skiff Guard and whichever one of the Ewoks came out just before the POTF line.

DarkArtist
02-16-2006, 08:34 PM
just won a Bespin Han Solo, Imperial Commander, and a complete Max Rebo Band including the flute and microphone.

LusiferSam
02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
just won a Bespin Han Solo, Imperial Commander, and a complete Max Rebo Band including the flute and microphone.
Cool. What colors are the flute and mic?

I just got something I said wasn't going to get. The POTF version of the Jabba the Hutt Dungeon. Basically I it was a good deal and I just couldn't pass it up. Next I'll probability get the Imperial Cruser or figure variations, other stuff I'm not planning on buying. :rolleyes:

DarkArtist
02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I believ the instruments are the common silver ones, but hey I'm not complaining. I got all three for only 12.00. the bespin han and imp commander were only 1.00 each.

LusiferSam
02-18-2006, 07:50 PM
The silver flute is the rare one. Black flute with silver mics are common versions. But cool, sounds like you got a good deal all around.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2006, 09:51 AM
It seems that the recent purchases have been via online auctions (obviously the fastest, easiest, and most effective method), but I'd be curious if anyone finds anything new in collectible or antique shops or from sellersw in person (garage sales, newspaper ads, friends, etc.). There are more stories there, I'd think.

But the important aspect is finding what you want or are looking for, of course.

Jayspawn
02-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I think online purchasing is the way to go. I picked up my Hammerhead and Ben Kenobi at an antique shop. Got a good deal -they were in great shape.

But I've gone into an antique shop before and found Chief Chirpa, loose, with NO accessories and the merchant wanted $18 for him. I laughed. Their pitch was"Thats an Original Star Wars toy, he's very rare. And I only have that one". HA!

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2006, 10:11 AM
I think online purchasing is the way to go. I picked up my Hammerhead and Ben Kenobi at an antique shop. Got a good deal -they were in great shape.

But I've gone into an antique shop before and found Chief Chirpa, loose, with NO accessories and the merchant wanted $18 for him. I laughed. Their pitch was"Thats an Original Star Wars toy, he's very rare. And I only have that one". HA!See? That's the "story" aspect I love to hear. There was a shop that had figures IN PLASTIC WRAP, not even bags, loose, accessory-less, in fair to poor condition, and wanted FIFTY DOLLARS EACH for them. I, too, laughed at that. C'mon, people are stupid but not that dull. :rolleyes:

Can't get that fun from a website, unless it has humorous spelling errors or outrageous demands and claims.

jjreason
02-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I would LOVE to find stuff "in real life" and be able to discuss the items with the seller, to see if they actually know what they've got, where it came from etc. I see that as being less and less likely though, with uninformed people turning to ebay almost immediately to peddle stuff like this in hopes of striking it rich.

The days of the garage sale score are behind us, methinks. :(

LusiferSam
03-24-2006, 12:41 PM
I just picked up another cool vintage from the post office about an hour ago. It the Takara wind-up walking R2. I bought from a guy in Japan, not Canada. It's pretty cool. It still walks, but there some rust on the winding mechanism so I'm not sure I'll wind too many more times. And the stickers on the body are still there, dirty and yellowed but there. Does any know if there were any stickers or paint on the head? Or was it just left silver?

Bel-Cam Jos
03-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I just picked up another cool vintage from the post office about an hour ago. It the Takara wind-up walking R2. I bought from a guy in Japan, not Canada. It's pretty cool. It still walks, but there some rust on the winding mechanism so I'm not sure I'll wind too many more times. And the stickers on the body are still there, dirty and yellowed but there. Does any know if there were any stickers or paint on the head? Or was it just left silver?This was a figure I always wanted but never found, so I can't tell you what it was supposed to have... only that I don't have it... :cry:

LusiferSam
05-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Well I just added five more sets instructions to my folder. I was finally able to find a seller who was selling instruction that I wanted at a reasonable opening bid and had reasonable shipping. Sorry but $5 or $6 to mail me a piece of paper is a joke. The instruction were: the Falcon, Snowspeeder, Imperial Attack Base, Dagobah and the Land of the Jawas.

jjreason
06-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Interesting collection, LusiferSam. Do you have them posted online for people to look at anywhere?

I'd like to be able to see them... I'm sure if I poked around with google or whatever there'd be some place that has them posted up to look at. :thumbsup:

LusiferSam
06-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Interesting collection, LusiferSam. Do you have them posted online for people to look at anywhere?
No I don't have any of them posted online. :(

I'd like to be able to see them... I'm sure if I poked around with google or whatever there'd be some place that has them posted up to look at. :thumbsup:
I'll save you the trouble. 12Back.com (http://www.12back.com/) has a number of instructions and SW Inserts (http://www.swinserts.com/) has a lot, maybe most. I think 12Back.com (http://www.12back.com/) is easy navigate, but SW Inserts (http://www.swinserts.com/) more stuff.

jjreason
06-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Cool. Thanks for the links!

jjreason
06-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Just made the deal today for another bunch of figures from the same seller as I've had good luck with:

$145 for the following:

ANH Luke
ESB TIE Pilot, R2 (Scope), Blk Bespin Guard, IG88
ROTJ Lando Skiff, Ree Yees, Bib, Luke Jedi (blue saber), Ackbar, Madine, Nien Nunb

That's $12.08 per figure - CDN - including shipping - which is less than $1 more per figure than I pay for new ones at TRU. :pleased:

This is going to have me within about 12 figures of what I wanted when I started this whole thing again. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
06-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Congrats jjreason! Thats a good deal for those figures -I hope they are complete.

I've been trying to track down a good R2 w/ saber. Thats tough.

jjreason
06-22-2006, 02:25 PM
They're all supposed to be complete. The fella that I'm dealing with is the one I got my last 5 figures from, with which I was very, very happy. I'm going to stick with him until he can't help me out any more - but he seems to ALWAYS be posting sales of new collections he's bought up. Unbelievable how some people have a steady stream of good stuff coming to them.

R2 with Saber is going to be tough - the days of finding him in good shape for a decent price are long behind us, methinks. I'm still not sure what my mindset is going to be when I get to needing only the POTF figs - but I'm sure I'll pick away at them as money permits. Anakin and the Imperial Dignitary tickle my fancy for some reason - I guess I'm the last remaining fan of the salt shaker style figure. :D

Kidhuman
06-22-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm still not sure what my mindset is going to be when I get to needing only the POTF figs - but I'm sure I'll pick away at them as money permits. Anakin and the Imperial Dignitary tickle my fancy for some reason - I guess I'm the last remaining fan of the salt shaker style figure. :D

Thats where I am at, I need the POTF figs and the price tag is hefty on those. Money has to be good to get some of those.

evenflow
06-22-2006, 09:06 PM
I picked up a MIB ROTJ Tri-pod laser cannon for 7.00

JON9000
06-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Man, there were some beautiful examples of the Large-Sized line up on ebay recently, MIB, never opened. They actually went at attainable prices. I would have loved to have gotten them...

jjreason
07-19-2006, 01:11 AM
Well I got my latest package today, and everything looks ship shape (except for a slight kink in Luke's saber tip, which I can live with).

I've now got 68 figures, only 2 of which need accessories. :thumbsup:

Of the remaining figures, I still need 10 that I had as a kid - but have 6 now that I didn't have then.

JON9000
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I took some of the money made with my recent ebay sales and purchased an ungraded, carded POTJ Lando General with what looks to be a beautiful, clear bubble and a nice card for $150. If it looks as nice in person, I'll probably send it off for a grade. I hesitate to drop cash like that, some hopefully my first experience will be a good one!

Lazer Brain
08-16-2006, 02:24 PM
well, i do not think i am ready to go for a carded vintage collection. but, i did get a harpoon for my snow speeder that is now complete, and it looks great. i also bought a colletion of die cast micros the hoth base sets (3),complete with boxes and insrtuctions sheets and some 5 minirigs complete, it also had a falcon with everything but the ball. so these made some nice additions , i paid 200 for the whole collection of about 12 pieces. everything was in great condition and like i metioned above had the boxes and sheets so i think it works out ok.
later

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 06:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290020166239

Thats for me

JON9000
08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&Item=110024051486

Ain't she a beauty?! I can't wait to have her in my greedy little hands!!!!

:love:

Slicker
08-21-2006, 03:03 PM
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Holy carp!! That is one of the best looking vintage 12 inchers I've ever seen!! Wow...

JON9000
08-21-2006, 03:58 PM
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Holy carp!! That is one of the best looking vintage 12 inchers I've ever seen!! Wow...

With all of this silliness, people demeaning the good name of the Slickmeister's mom, it seems thou hast set her up for another unfortunate comment! :D

I am hoping and praying she's in as good a shape as she looked on the auction!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2006, 04:11 PM
With all of this silliness, people demeaning the good name of the Slickmeister's mom, it seems thou hast set her up for another unfortunate comment! :D

I am hoping and praying she's in as good a shape as she looked on the auction!

:love:You won Slicker's mom in an auction? Wow... I thought eBay stopped live online sales... ;)

Slicker
08-21-2006, 04:12 PM
You won Slicker's mom in an auction? Wow... I thought eBay stopped live online sales... ;)Who said anything about eBay? He bought her at a cattle auction.:yes:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Who said anything about eBay? He bought her at a cattle auction.:yes:Well, I just thought... he was talking about an eBay sale... but, uh, I... that would mean, uh... I, ur... um...

:confused: :whip:

I try not to get involved in family issues. Best of luck to you, JON9000 and your "purchase." :rolleyes:

"... rawhide... " :p

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 05:02 PM
Awesome pick up Jon.

JON9000
08-21-2006, 05:20 PM
and the Yankees won. It's my day!

DarthQuack
08-21-2006, 05:21 PM
I was looking at what you've recently bought Jon, cause I'm nosy that way, lol, and I thought you had a nice score with the Detention Block Rescue and Death Star Escape! Nice!

JON9000
08-21-2006, 05:38 PM
I was looking at what you've recently bought Jon, cause I'm nosy that way, lol, and I thought you had a nice score with the Detention Block Rescue and Death Star Escape! Nice!

I actually sold that particular set. I didn't get much for it, but I recoved a bit on the shipping. I've done pretty well on some other collectibles. I've been downsizing a lot lately. One thing I'm finding out about ebay is you just never know what you are going to come away with. My experience has taught me that Christmas is really the only time of year that premium prices are supported!

LusiferSam
08-21-2006, 06:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&Item=110024051486

Ain't she a beauty?! I can't wait to have her in my greedy little hands!!!!

Congrats on buying your first Barbie doll. Looks like she stepped right out of Sansweet's book. You'll have to let us know how good she really is.

Slicker
08-21-2006, 06:53 PM
I know. I'm not being a downer in any sort JON9K but I really, really, really hope that you didn't get duped somehow. I'm sure it's fine but that looks completely perfect without many if ANY flaws.

JON9000
08-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, its a tightrope, but the upside seemed to outweigh the risks here. My primary fear is that someone was able to open and then reseal the box. But when the box is this good looking (but obviously not perfect, perfection is a red flag) it is a pretty good sign. I bought this with money from my sales, so it's not like I'll die. Besides, I've blown $300 in Vegas without thinking twice.

No risks, no rewards!!!

jjreason
08-23-2006, 11:55 PM
My most recent vintage acquisition was not a purchase, rather a gift: a pipe-stem for my Jabba set, sent to me at no cost by a friend in another part of Canada. God Bless the collectorhood!!!! :love:

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 05:14 AM
I got my Dewback in the mail and it was in great condition. One more piece I never had as a child.

JON9000
08-24-2006, 08:04 AM
My most recent vintage acquisition was not a purchase, rather a gift: a pipe-stem for my Jabba set, sent to me at no cost by a friend in another part of Canada. God Bless the collectorhood!!!! :love:

Ha, one of the first things I resolved to do upon getting on ebay was to complete my Jabba the Hutt set. All I had was Jabba and his pedestal. The pedestal had all of the knobs, but was missing the pipe, bowl, and gray stand. Fixing it up with all its parts got me into the fun of completing my toys rather than buying them new...

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
I got lucky and found a complete Jabba set for 20 bucks on ebay. I had the Jabba already, but finding one thta cheap was easy enough to purchase.

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Found the 3PO carry case at a local antique store. It was the first time Ive ever seen it in person so I had to get it.:razz:

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 09:13 PM
What did ya pay for it if ya dont mind me asking.

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-25-2006, 07:06 AM
20 clams:love:

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 07:09 AM
Would have been all over that like white on rice too.

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Have I just been missing out or are these not that common?

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 07:27 AM
The Vader one was more common, the 3PO, I have only seen once as a vintage toy. They were released during ROTJ, I guess most people had 2 vaders and didnt need this one.

Jayspawn
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Good score Rebos Guitarist!

$20 is a great price. I would have bought it. Love it when antique stores have awesome stuff!

JON9000
08-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Do the things that are supposed to hold the figures in place actually stay where they are supposed to? the Vader one I had as a kid didn't and was all over the place.

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 01:20 PM
My Vader one, the bars across the figs stay there, but the figs fall out of them.

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-27-2006, 02:37 PM
My Vader one, the bars across the figs stay there, but the figs fall out of them.

Same here

Im lookin for all the cards that show the figures that came with the cases if anyone knows anyone lookin to sell them. :thumbsup:

Also found the Fett pin and Vader pendant with the ESB logos that dangle from them for 5 each, just need to somehow find the boxes they came in.

LusiferSam
08-27-2006, 05:39 PM
Do the things that are supposed to hold the figures in place actually stay where they are supposed to? the Vader one I had as a kid didn't and was all over the place.
Yes, they really do. The catch is you need to know how to use them. The Vader case works fine as long you don't jostle it around too much and keep it up right. How many kids are going to do that? :rolleyes: My C-3PO case (my childhood case) also works fine. The biggest problem I've had with it is accessories flopping around. In that case I have always kept the insert in the case which helps keep the figures in place. I'm guessing the Vader case would also do better if you kept the insert in the case.

figrin bran
08-27-2006, 09:06 PM
i picked up a loose weequay for $3 yesterday.

TheRealDubya
08-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Picked up a power droid (C-8), R5-D4 (C-7), Luke X-wing and Lando w/teeth (both C-9) and an AFA graded loose Wicket (U-85) over the weekend. Next up are a C-9 Boba and C-3P0, and I should be content for awhile.

JON9000
08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
R5-D4 is pretty tough to come by in good shape. So is R2 for that matter. 20 years tends to do things to white stickers, I guess.

TheRealDubya
08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
20 years tends to do things to white stickers, I guess.

So very true -- I have an R2 that was really bleached out and dirty, and I bought a repro label off some dude on eBay for it, and it actually looks great -- for display purposes only, of course.

I've also noticed frequent yellowing of the white plastic figures (Leia, Stormtroopers) and deterioration in many of the softgoods -- particularly Yoda's cloak. The old AFA protective cases with the UV protection are seeming like an increasingly good idea to me, but they're still pricey.

Kidhuman
08-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Jon, did you get that Leia yet? Wondering if it was as good as the pic on Ebay.

JON9000
09-02-2006, 12:01 PM
:cry: Got Leia on Friday. The tape was missing across the top leaving only the residue. I asked the seller and he said saw that the tape was discolored on top so he removed it before shipping. He told a friend he did it and the guy told him he had basically destroyed the value of it, so he is going to refund my money.

:cry:

Oh, well, the quest continues...

But man, she is a really beautiful piece.

Kidhuman
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Sorry to hear that, it look like a real nice figure&

LusiferSam
09-02-2006, 08:25 PM
That bits. But a lest the seller was honest and you're getting a refund. There are too many sellers out there these day who wouldn't to do that.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2006, 09:21 AM
:cry: He told a friend he did it and the guy told him he had basically destroyed the value of it, so he is going to refund my money.

But man, she is a really beautiful piece.Was it a complete refund and a return of the figure? Or did you negotiate a partial refund and get to keep it? If the condition of the figure itself is as beautiful as you say, I'd have tried to "take just a little off the top." Might be too late for that advice, though, sorry.

JON9000
09-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Was it a complete refund and a return of the figure? Or did you negotiate a partial refund and get to keep it? If the condition of the figure itself is as beautiful as you say, I'd have tried to "take just a little off the top." Might be too late for that advice, though, sorry.

I thought about doing that, but I would really like a sealed example, and I only have so many dollars!

Jayspawn
09-13-2006, 09:35 PM
I've been going through a Vintage dry spell latley. I've has my $ tied elsewhere and there hasnt been very many authentic vintage stuff online to get.

JON9000
09-21-2006, 02:49 PM
He refunded my shipping as well, which was very good of him. Alas, I had to buy the new Gentle Giant statue instead!

TheRealDubya
09-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Picked up 4-LOM ( or so he was 1980; now he's Zuckuss), Hoth Luke, HothLeia, Squid Head, Jedi Luke, all complete and an AFA graded Han Hoth, loose.

Boy, I started out just trying to complete the original 12...now I find myself saying, "Well, maybe just a few more." Addictive little hobby we got here.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Picked up 4-LOM ( or so he was 1980; now he's Zuckuss),

Boy, I started out just trying to complete the original 12...now I find myself saying, "Well, maybe just a few more." Addictive little hobby we got here.Nah, he's 4LOM 4ever. In fact, as Billy Joel sang: "He's always a 4LOM to me." :D
Star Wars addiction should be called plastic meth... but it's oh so good! :pleased:

TheRealDubya
09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Nah, he's 4LOM 4ever. In fact, as Billy Joel sang: "He's always a 4LOM to me." :D
Star Wars addiction should be called plastic meth... but it's oh so good! :pleased:

Hear hear -- 4-LOM to the end. Picked up four more yesterday: Rebel Commander (Hoth), Rebel Soldier (Hoth), IG-88 and a nicer C-3PO (old one was thrashed and loose.)

Anyone know an online dealer who has a robust selection of weapons and accessories? Or do you all just use ebay?

JON9000
09-26-2006, 11:58 AM
You should try the "vintage weapons only" thread in the trading section. A number of members have listed their spare weapons that they have for trade there, but you could probably cut a deal to buy weapons if you wish.

LusiferSam
09-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Anyone know an online dealer who has a robust selection of weapons and accessories? Or do you all just use ebay?

I mostly used eBay to get a complete set of original accessories. It took searching eBay every day for five and half years to win everything (finding is the easy part). The bad part of eBay are the repros.

If you don't want to deal with eBay, Brain's Toys has a pretty good selection of accessories, both real and repro. TheEarth (http://www.theearthtoymall.com/index.html) is suppose to have a very good selections and only sells original accessories. I think the price is high on both sites. Or like JON9000 try the trading here.

Lazer Brain
09-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey guys,
I reciently just bought someones whole star wars vintage collection, the first time i've done that. but the reson i did it ,is because he had kept all of the weapons, it was 84 complete figures with weapons, and 4 vehicles. so i have finished the inventory, now i am swapping out his better more cleaner figures for my old ones, i am sure i will have plenty of original weapons when this is done... the only thing is ,is i want to recope some of the money i spent, it was not cheap , but i think worth it. when i am done with that i will post here.
later

JON9000
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
PM sent! :yes:

LusiferSam
10-03-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm really psyched! I just won the Takara transforming X-Wing. I doesn't have the stickers for the front of the craft and one of the laser's looks a bit bent but other that it would appear to be in good shape. I guess I'm find out once I get it.

LusiferSam
10-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Ok my Takara X-Wing arrived in the mail this afternoon. It's a tad dusty (but that's easy to take care of) and other than no stickers it's in good shape. I was worried that one or more of the lasers were bent, but the plastic their made is so soft I could bend them right back. I decided to clean up the parts that came off the spur frames, as most of them were pretty messy.

Size wise the body is smaller than the Kenner version, but has the same wing span. The engines are totally different. The front half is the same size, but the back half is fatter and shorter. The cockpit is much smaller. The canopy doesn't open well. I've clearly strested the plastic just opening and closeing it to get the pilot out. So I think am doing that. The pilot figure is down right lame. The R2 figure on the hand is pretty cool. It has three legs. The two main legs move together. All four spring loaded lasers still work.

But I think the coolest part of the this is the transforming aspect. You can't make just any transformtion thou. The location of pegs and hole might limit you. The engines in particular can be hard to make fit. But it's tons of fun.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Awaiting my first bootlegs in the mail:thumbsup:

Wpg_Lwr
10-10-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi, newbie here.

The other day, I was going through my mom's house (she died last month) and I came across a bag of Kenner figures that my younger brother (previously deceased) had collected.

I know nothing at all about Star Wars figures, although I recall that there were several variations and some are worth more than others. I have not been able to find any kind of listing anywhere of how many were in the set, what variations are worth more, etc.

Anyway, all are still on card, unopened:

STAR WARS
C-3PO
Walrus Man
Luke (X-Wing)
Hammer Head
Death Star Droid
Boba Fett
R5D4
Greedo
Snaggletooth

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)
Ugnaught
Han (Hoth Outfit) -- two of these
2-1B
Bespin Security Guard
Sand People
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
Cloud Car Pilot
Leia (Hoth Outfit)
At-At Commander
Lobot
Bespin Security Guard (Black)
IG88
Lando
Dengan
Rebel Commander
Luke (Bespin Fatigues)
Bosk
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battlegear)
Yoda
Han (Bespin Outfit)
Jawa
FX-7
At-At Driver
Obi Wan Kenobi
Imperial Commander

RETURN OF THE JEDI
Nikto
Weequay

So, can anyone help a newbie out with any info?

Thanks!

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Sorry for your losses.

The best place would probably try to find some sort of online data base, but I use the Super Collectors Wishbook (B&N, $30) for all of the variation references as they have photos of most of them, excluding most foriegn and card offer variations. With vintage carded figures it mostly depends on the condition. A really good example would be your SW Boba Fett as its probably worth the most. Creases, yellowing bubble, bent corners, punched holes are all taken into consideration.

There is a place called AFA grading that carefully inspects whatever you send to themn and they give the figure an overall grade and is sealed in a plastic case to presevre the figure which will also increase the value/better protect it. I have never used them, as I dont have anything sweet enough to send them and even if I did I would think twice about sending something so great through the mail.

Or, whatever you feel its worth to you. Being that these used to belong to your brother might make the above mean nothing, or maybe not.

Any way you look at it you have a GREAT collection. If you dont mind, could you post some pics? People finding this stuff on accident is always the best story.

Hope I was able to help a little, Im sure more knowledgable members will chime in eventually.

*EDIT* Also, with the earlier figures, the less pictures of figures on the back, the better : )

Nate

Wpg_Lwr
10-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks, Nate.

I'll see what I can do about getting some pictures up, and in the meantime will keep an eye on this thread.

Lazer Brain
10-10-2006, 11:52 AM
wpg, where are you located? I am near San antonio texas, and part of a local collecting group, they have some great resorces and losts of knowege about SW, but it sounds like a great collection research and alittle studing will go a long way.
good luck
later

JON9000
10-11-2006, 10:35 AM
You are 50% done already- you already know the names of the figures you have and what movie card they are on. To really nail it down, you first need to know more about the cards your figures appear on. Here is a primer on the subject:

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/cardbacks/cardback-intro.htm

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/cardbacks/

As a general rule, debut, offerless (having no offer for a mailaway) cardbacks are the most valuable. Once you know what you really have, you need to learn a little more about condition and how it relates to value. There are three concerns for the carded collector:

Bubble: are there any dents, dings, creases, holes, or cracks? Is the bubble crystal clear of yellowed? is it sealed completely to the card?
Cardback: Is the the cardback free of creases, veins, stickers, sticker residue, marks? Does it lie perfectly flat? Still have a glossy finish? Is it punched or unpunched (the hanger hole)?
Figure: Is the figure inside still in great shape, or has it deteriorated or frosted?

CAVEAT: do not not not "touch up" "reseal" or do anything to these items. You will destroy the value of the item. I recently had a transaction where a doofus sold me an item sealed, but removed some "yellowed" tape before shipping it because he didn't know what he was doing. I had to get a refund and inform him he just destroyed the value of the item.

Once you know what you have and have a rough idea of their condition, you need to go to ebay, go to the vintage star wars action figures section, and see what similar items are going for. Then you need to decide whether you want to ship some items off to AFA for professional grading and "slabbing". If a toy is potentially worth more than $300 or so, I'd send it off. Without knowing anymore than I do, if you have a Boba Fett on an SW card, unless it is in pretty bad condition, you need to send it in because it is potentially worth thousands.

Pictures would be great. Be careful!

Lazer Brain
10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
HEY guys,
I have posted my extras weapons and stuff in the trade section vintage weapons.
thanks
later

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Just grabbed this, should be able to make it work........I did get my Playskool Ewok telephone to work......:laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120040283265&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D12 0040283265%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

LusiferSam
10-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Just grabbed this, should be able to make it work........I did get my Playskool Ewok telephone to work......:laugh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120040283265&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D12 0040283265%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Nice. I've been thinking about getting the blasters. If you need or want any advice getting working again, I'd be happy to help. I've got a good track record went it comes to repairing my vintage toys.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-16-2006, 07:33 AM
Right on, Ill let you know!

Lazer Brain
10-16-2006, 11:16 AM
The only problem i have found with old blasters is the motor is frozen, just open it up and move the motor around a few times , maybe a drop of sewing machine oil or any real light oil and you should be in buisness.
later

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-17-2006, 08:59 PM
meh, my motor is dead:upset:

LusiferSam
10-18-2006, 08:51 AM
meh, my motor is dead:upset:
In my experience very rarely is a motor dead, just frozen. First check the battery contacts. From the photos on eBay those look pretty clean. If their not I would clean them with a white vinegar. Next you need to open the blaster up and have a look inside. Try spinning the motor by hand with batteries in place and buttons pressed. A lot of times this help free the motor. If that doesn't work try Lazer Brain's suggestion of sewing machine oil. I've not try this before but sounds like it should work.

Once the motor starts running let it run for a few minutes. Then set it a side for a couple hours or more and run it again. That help keep the motor again freezing back in place again.

If none of those suggestions worked I've got a few more tricks.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-18-2006, 09:16 PM
I did all that good stuff last night. Its not a big deal if it doesnt work, I know I have a few extras around here somewhere.........

*Problem fixed*

Why do old electronic toys always have to have motors? I guess they wouldnt be cool if they didnt take size C batteries

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Heres another good buy, at least I feel so. Except the shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120042224803&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fse arch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.co m%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D12 0042224803%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

Now if anyone can help me out with the missing piece or any paperwork or packaging that would be great......:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
10-20-2006, 03:06 PM
What is missing though?

&Isobars

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Derr.............its missing the fake microphone, like on the Falcon

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Just received complete Dewback, Taun Taun, and a decent remote control R2 in the mail.

Awaiting a rifle carry case, still zip tied in the package. I think that completes my vintage case collection. American anyways. Im excited for this one.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Got this gem in the mail the other day

Kidhuman
11-11-2006, 08:53 PM
nice pick up RG

LusiferSam
11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
That's great. I've been looking to get on of the inflatable lightsabers, but the vinyl always looks deteriorated. Your's looks like it's in great shape.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-13-2006, 08:32 PM
After 3 weeks it finally arrived, and aside from a lil dust, it is pristine.

sjd9299
11-18-2006, 12:07 AM
After 3 weeks it finally arrived, and aside from a lil dust, it is pristine.
Very nice. What did it cost you?

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-18-2006, 07:39 AM
:d :d :d $12

Slicker
11-18-2006, 09:45 AM
:d :d :d $12Wow, helluva pick up RG!

Old Fossil
12-02-2006, 09:12 PM
With the recent dearth of new figures at retail, I've been fleshing out my vintage collection a little... mainly loose figures, but I did get a loose Cloud Car last month, too. I've gotten into a buying habit with a particular seller who accurately grades his figures, although the $3 shipping he charges per loose figure seems a little steep.

With only 10 vintage figures in my collection, I'm a little unsure which direction I should go. I recently added Chewie, Hoth Han, and a Hoth Rebel Commander, so I was thinking about going along the lines of a Hoth theme for a while: adding Hoth Luke, Hoth Rebel Soldier, AT-AT Driver, and Hoth Stormtrooper. Maybe a boxed laser cannon, too, since they seem to go pretty cheap still.

I did decide not to purchase anything the seller graded less than "C9", admittedly a very subjective rating but one it seems he and I agree on, more often than not. I also decided not to buy any figures with repro weapons, although I may have to go back on that, and acquire the originals later.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Any chance you would want to share the sellers ID? If not I totally understand:thumbsup:

I too have been picking up quite a few vintage and selling off a lot of my modern. I had a lot of oldies to start with but most are from my childhood so nicer, complete figures are being added. Heres what Ive picked up in the last month

4-LOM
Endor Han
Big Head Han
IG-88
Death Star Gunner
Lando General
Lando Skiff
Luke Hoth
Luke Stormtrooper (so white your head would spin)
Leia Bespin
Leia Boushh
Leia Hoth
Leia Endor
Pruneface
R2D2
R5D4
Rebel Commander
Rebel Soldier
Ree-Yees
Ugnaught

.....thats a lot more than I thought.......

Next up is Pop up R2

Old Fossil
12-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Any chance you would want to share the sellers ID? If not I totally understand:thumbsup:

Not at all... I'd be glad to throw some business their way. It's 'utjazzie.' They're pretty good about getting stuff mailed out quickly, too. Hope you have a good experience with 'em!

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks, I was actually looking at this persons items today:D

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
All I need is:

Paploo
Romba
Warok
EV-9D9
Dignitary
Yak Face

Picked up this supposed prototype POTF display transparency. Well see what it looks like when it gets here.

If anyone has any of the above for sale give me a PM!!:thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Hey Vader121 is your PM box full? Wont let me send.

General_Grievous
12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Just bought loose Vintage C-3PO (Removable Limbs), Cloud Car Pilot, and Sensorscope R2-D2. I now have all the loose SW, ESB, and ROTJ Vintage figures, plus the Jabba the Hutt playset. I may decide to get the Rebo band loose, but for now, I'm done with my vintage collection. If I win the lottery I'll buy a loose POTF collection.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Recieved a few over the week. Luke Bespin, R2 sensorscope, Chewie, Squidhead, Bib, Klatuu, Amanaman. Working on a deal for Paploo & Romba, and another for a Dignitary. Waiting for CC Pilot, Luke Poncho and Gamorrean.

This leaves me with 9D9, Warok, and Yak Face for a complete set, and 42 to go for a complete c8-9 set.

Also picked up ATAT Commander, 21-B, Luke Jedi, Biker Scout, and white Bespin Gaurd.

Jayspawn
12-31-2006, 11:54 AM
I just got Hoth Han and the guns to complete TIE Pilot and Bespin Han. 3 completed figures in 1 shot! :pleased:

This next year I'm gonna have to crack down on some of the harder to get figures ie: Stormtrooper Luke, Blue Snaggletooth, last Ewoks, Yakface and them.

Old Fossil
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
Today I got a mini-rig, the MTV-7, complete with ROTJ box and instructions (although not MIB). What a wonderful little vehicle! Hasbro should really look into releasing low-cost, smaller vehicles like these for the market today.

I also got a Hoth Rebel Soldier w/tight joints and great paint apps.

Waiting on a Hoth Stormtrooper and a Vader w/unbroken lightsaber tip.:love:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Mini Rigs rock(ed)! :thumbsup: As long as they're not like those lame-o Deluxe figures from the Hasbro POTF2 wave, I also think this current buying public would consider them, especially with no more films due out anymore. Except for the rare Kenner POTF Mini-Rigs, I have all the other ones, and I like them all.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Poncho Luke, Gammorrean, and CC pilot came today.

Old Fossil
01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Got my Snowtrooper yesterday. Beautiful! I noticed there seems to be a paint variation on vintage Snowtroopers... some have separate black eyepieces, while on others the black bleeds into the area between the eyes.

Jayspawn
01-07-2007, 10:40 AM
A friend recently sold me R2 w/ scope, Chief Chirpa and Romba for cheap. They dont include their weapons but I mainly wanted them just to get Romba. Shouldnt be too hard to track down his spear.

LusiferSam
01-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Actually finding Romba's spear might be very difficult. Romba and Wicket don't share the same spear. The colors are slightly different, as are the details. Wicket's spear has sharper details, where as Romba's spear less sharp. The color differences don't show up real well in this photo (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/vintwicketspears.jpg) but the details do. Side by side it pretty clear. By most people assume they're the same and don't look.

Jayspawn
01-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I've heard about that. I'm still doing research on it.

Dialogus
01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Gee, been quite a while since I've posted here at SSG......

Recently won Warok ($38) & Han Carbonite ($44) on eBay. Both loose & complete, in great condition altough Warok didn't come with his coin. Fair enough deal I believe.....

Happy New Year to all here:thumbsup: !!!

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Picked up EV 9D9 last night. 3 to go.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Picked up EV 9D9 last night. 3 to go.If it's a loose figure, check out the cool mouth opening feature, one of my disappointments in the POTF2 version. :o

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Yeah I didnt even know about that until recently........I actually bought another one today......I dont know why.....:confused:

Oh well, maybe I can trade one of em.

*****Im starting to work on my collection room tonight, Im sooo excited*****

Kidhuman
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Won the following (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:31&Item=330070889453) for 95 cents plus shipping. Mostly bid on it for the turret set. I have a complete attack base already, but for less than a buck, who gives a s**t.

LusiferSam
01-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Wow! What a great score. Congrads.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Nice!

Just got another Lando General in a lot of vintage figure for 9 bucks.

vader121
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I was able to finally score a Carbonite block and coin for my POTF Han recently. Just waiting now to get it in the mail.

This pretty much completes my vintage figure collection. :laugh:
All except a real vinyl cape Jawa (not including the Droids & Ewoks figures either even though I have some).

Old Fossil
01-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Today I got a 2nd Snowtrooper, to pilot my MTV-7.

I also got a blue blaster for my Hoth Han, who was blaster-less.

sjd9299
01-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Nice!

Just got another Lando General in a lot of vintage figure for 9 bucks.

Does he have a cape? If so would you be willing to part with it?

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately the Lando I have right now has a repro cape........but if you need a nice looking copy..:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Started my mini rig collection

Picked up the CAP2, MTV7, MLC3, and a tripod laser cannon.

Old Fossil
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Finally got Vader today. I already had a carded ROTJ Vader, but I needed a loose one to complement my growing loose Vintage collection. Vader really dominates my small collection, looming over the snowtroopers. I can almost hear the Imperial March...

Waiting on a complete Luke Bespin, R5-D4, white hair Ben Kenobi (missing tip of lightsaber), and Bespin Lando (smiling teeth) & Lobot.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-14-2007, 08:38 PM
You going for variants as well?

Happy 500 to me!!

Old Fossil
01-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Happy 500th, dude!:pleased:

No, no variants, really. I just like the look of the white hair Ben and smiling Lando better than the others.

Enjoying your mini-rigs?

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Sure will when they get here!

JON9000
01-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I just won Endor Leia, 8D8, and AT-ST Driver for $20, all in really nice condition. I have been losing out a lot on Hoth Leia. For some reason she is really popular.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I have been losing out a lot on Hoth Leia. For some reason she is really popular.Well, just get lost in a snowstorm (brothers are okay, too), you get a kiss. :kiss: Who wouldn't want that? :rolleyes:

The one figure that I didn't think would be tough to find but was for me was brown hair original Luke. Took my over 3 years once I resumed collecting.

Old Fossil
01-15-2007, 09:07 PM
I have been losing out a lot on Hoth Leia. For some reason she is really popular.

Not good news... I'd been considering trying to add one to my collection later.

Congrats on your other winnings, though!

vader121
01-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Received a nice unpunched ROTJ Weequay yesterday. For some reason it took me a while to get one of these. I know they are very common (as well as are most of the ROTJ). Weequay was one of my favorites. Had 6 as a kid. Bought 5 of them at a KB sale for $1.29 each. How's that for a good memory?

Still waiting on the Carbonite block.

Btw, if any of you need nice vintage figures email me. I have tons and about 95% are complete with original weapons. We'll work out a nice deal.

Jayspawn
01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Actually finding Romba's spear might be very difficult. Romba and Wicket don't share the same spear. The colors are slightly different, as are the details. Wicket's spear has sharper details, where as Romba's spear less sharp. The color differences don't show up real well in this photo (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/vintwicketspears.jpg) but the details do. Side by side it pretty clear. By most people assume they're the same and don't look.

Its looking like the Romba spear head is smoother than the spear that comes with Wicket. So thats the major, notible difference.

LusiferSam
01-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Its looking like the Romba spear head is smoother than the spear that comes with Wicket. So thats the major, notible difference.

Yup. The shaft is also smoother. And the detail on the rope/thread (the part where the spear head meets the shaft) is also smoother. And as I said the color is different. It's very hard to tell the difference in that photo, but all of the examples that I have it's very easy to that they aren't the same color.

This is in one area of vintage collecting that really gets under my skin. The devil is the details. Whether you collect MOC or loose items you need to pay attention to the details. Here is a detail that is clearly noticeable and yet is frequently overlooked. Just read what is said at RS.

JON9000
01-16-2007, 03:33 PM
This is in one area of vintage collecting that really gets under my skin.

I still love my all time favorite... the blacker than black Han blaster that comes with Trench Coat Han, and the super-black Stormie blaster that comes with Luke Stormtrooper. There is really no way to be sure you are getting the proper item on ebay unless you buy them sealed. most dealers don't even have a clue.

Also, I won a Walrusman and a Tie Pilot today, both in outstanding condition. As soon as I receive them, i'll tack them onto my total in my little thread.

Jayspawn
01-16-2007, 08:49 PM
I broke down today and placed an order with Brian's Toys. I dont normally order from them but I needed some Protech snap cases for loose figures. I have a bunch of figures ready to be forever perserved with their original weapons. I got a Pipe for Jabba because it was cheap and he needed one.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Waiting on Klatuu skiff, Emperor, Han Hoth, Dengar, ATST driver, and Lobot. Nothing exciting, but still needed. Also awaiting a complete ATAT walker, electronics dont work, but I got a spare, incomplete w/ working elecs., at a garage sale for a quarter:thumbsup:

JON9000
01-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Waiting on Klatuu skiff, Emperor, Han Hoth, Dengar, ATST driver, and Lobot. Nothing exciting, but still needed.

Not every purchase is gonna be Carbonite Han!

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh i know, I think this is the final bit of the "eh" lot I need. Now, on to Yak Face:D

LusiferSam
01-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Waiting on Klatuu skiff, Emperor, Han Hoth, Dengar, ATST driver, and Lobot. Nothing exciting, but still needed. Also awaiting a complete ATAT walker, electronics dont work, but I got a spare, incomplete w/ working elecs., at a garage sale for a quarter:thumbsup:

Good luck on repairing your AT-AT when it arrives. The AT-AT is the second worst vehicle to try and repair it's electronics. It's bulk, difficult access and the fact that you have moving parts (guns, not the motor) all add up in my book.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Well Im certainly up for it, I guess it would pay to have small mouse like hands huh? "Grab my strong hand!" "My germs!"

vader121
01-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Got the Carbonite block yesterday so I am almost there in vintage line completion. Just need real vinyl cape Jawa but I may never get that. I one now but it's fake.

I posted some pics of my collection last night on the site in case you are interested in taking a look. Will post more later.

Old Fossil
01-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Nice collection, Vader121. I like those cases. Good use of the vintage playsets for your displays.:yes:

JON9000
01-17-2007, 06:26 PM
nice baggie collection!

Kidhuman
01-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Got the Carbonite block yesterday so I am almost there in vintage line completion. Just need real vinyl cape Jawa but I may never get that. I one now but it's fake.

I posted some pics of my collection last night on the site in case you are interested in taking a look. Will post more later.

Didnt see a link for your collection and too lazy to go search for it. In the general disc. forum there is a thread for links to your photos

vader121
01-18-2007, 06:49 AM
Just go to Photo Gallery-Collections and click on vader121.
I posted 5 more last night. :yes:

I have so much more stuff but I simply have no room to display.

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 07:14 AM
Very nice vintage collection. Just a quick question, how much of the collection is saved from childhood?

vader121
01-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Although I did save most of my Star Wars stuff from my childhood most of the items you see in the pics are not from my childhood. I played with my stuff extensively so most were in used condition. The only thing that I can think of that is from my childhood is the Remote control Landspeeder.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
I have an idea for a new thread...

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
Although I did save most of my Star Wars stuff from my childhood most of the items you see in the pics are not from my childhood. I played with my stuff extensively so most were in used condition. The only thing that I can think of that is from my childhood is the Remote control Landspeeder.

I love the SW Vans you have. I never saw those as a kid. You can see some of my vintage displays I set up at work for a SW decoration day.

vader121
01-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Thanks KidHuman. The vans don't have the big wheels in them and I don't have the rip cords but I like them better this way as I can display them. I got them off ebay several years ago.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Just won an ATST Scout Walker. Super excited to get this and the ATAT in the mail!

Old Fossil
01-19-2007, 10:11 PM
This week I got a Bespin Luke, yellow hair, complete with orignal blaster and lightsaber. Pretty good shape, tight joints.

Also got white hair Ben Kenobi (broken tip saber) and R5-D4. Man, R5 sure brings back good memories. I never had R2 as a kid, only R5, so that little droid has special meaning for me. Its label is a little off white but I'm not complaining.

Kidhuman
01-19-2007, 10:20 PM
It will be hard to find any droid with a nice all white sticker after 30 years or so right now.

Old Fossil
01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Well, today I received a Bespin Lando (Smiling teeth version) w/weapon, and Lobot. Lobot is sans weapon, but he was a package deal with Lando.

Lando Calrissian is one of the coolest of the human character figures, I think. Old smoothie. Mine is nearly like new, though as I said in another thread, that's not a big deal for me. He will fly my vintage Twin Pod Cloud Car, as my old Lando did in Days of Yore.

Lobot is possibly the most boring vintage figure, ever. Of course, one can't welll have Lando in his Bespin duds without Lobot, right?

jjreason
01-21-2007, 08:05 AM
I have a few ebay bids pending right now, which would give me my first "new" vintage figures in nearly 6 months. I'd really like to finish off my ESB run, and this group would give me 60% of what I need toward that end. :fingerscrossed:

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Just won Large Head Han and Turtleneck Leia. Now I have both variants of those. Yippee.:thumbsup:

BTW how the heck do you post photos in the collection area? Maybe Im blind but I couldnt a way................

Jayspawn
01-21-2007, 11:06 PM
I recieved my supplies from Brian's Toys. I reunited several figures with their original weapons and cataloged them. Always makes me happy!

vader121
01-22-2007, 08:20 AM
I just won a Rebel Transport for $31 off ebay. It's all there except a gas mask but I have a ton of those. Pretty happy as this is one of the few items I don't have. Now just have to wait for it to arrive.

JON9000
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
This weekend I won a Hoth Leia and a Death Squad Commander, both in really great shape. I also picked up a vinyl ESB case with the Yoda art. I like the Wampa case better, but the price was right. $24 bucks with shipping and it looks almost new.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Picked up the following:

Complete speeder bike
Vehicle Maint. Energizer complete with tools
Brown hair Luke Bespin
Bespin Han

Old Fossil
01-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Today I received a loose Bespin Guard (white) with his original cardback included. Now Smiling Lando can relax a little more.

The 41-back card has numerous checkmarks where the kid who had it originally marked off what figures he had, I assume. Kind of neat.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Heres the small amount of vehicles I got these last few days.

Kidhuman
01-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Very nice AT-AT, seems to be in good condition.

JON9000
01-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, nice looking items!!