PDA

View Full Version : Dorme Error.

Slicker
01-08-2005, 05:14 PM
My brother just picked up the POTC Celebration Padme with the Dorme printing error on the back of it for me. I don't collect variations but it's neat when you get one. Does anyone know how rare this is. I don't care about value I just want to know how much "Ha, ha I've got it and you don't" factor this has.;)

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Dorme error? I dont follow...........

Slicker
01-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Ah. Maybe I should have elaborated more. On the back of the Padme Celebration figure it has pictures of the other POTC figs. Underneath the Rabe figure it list's her name as Dorme instead of Rabe. It looks like this.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Ahhhhhh, thanks. Very cool, didnt know about this one.

Slicker
01-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Like I said I have very few if any variations other than this one so it's not like I collect them I just haven't heard much about this one and this is a legit variation, IMO. It's not like the ones that have the black paint a shade lighter than on this one or his beard doesn't come ALL the way up to his nose or we've decided NOT to give him shoulder emblems for the umteenth million time.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kidhuman
01-10-2005, 10:02 PM
I think they are all like that. I dont know if it was corrected or not.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Mine is correct............

Slicker
01-10-2005, 11:10 PM
I've also got the corrected version at home and haven't seen any of the Dorme ones on my own. Only the correct Rabe ones.

Kidhuman
01-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Guess I was wrong. I thought I read it somewhere that it wasnt corrected.

bobafett07728
01-11-2005, 10:40 AM
I've only seen two of the Dorme's myself. All of the other's have been corrected. I preordered the case, so I figured I'd get the early Dorme version. . . but no. Luckily I found the two Dormes at a Target amongst a sea of the corrected versions. Another interesting note is that all versions I have seen (corrected, or not) have the warning sticker on the top right of the card. I wonder if this will eventually be printed on, making a third version. Depending on the case breakdown at the time of the printed warning. . . that may be the better of the three. Right now I would say the Dorme version is pretty tough, but that is purely from what I have found in the wild. I picked up an extra for future trade bait, but I doubt I'll be able to get anything too great. Not many people know about the error, and a lot of variation hunting has died down. I think its neat to have either way!

Ji'dai
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Spotted three of the Dorme error cards today at Target along side the more numerous correct "Rabe" versions. Not really that exciting though.