PDA

View Full Version : mabudon, you were right: 2-1B IS in Episode 3 ! ! !

2-1B
01-11-2005, 05:56 AM
The new Insider said that they had to decide if ol' Twobers "rolls or walks" so how cool is THAT ? :D

I heard rumors of this but I was delighted to see it in written form.
I'm sure he'll be CG this time but it will just be great to see him back on the silver screen (where he belongs).

"Take care, sir" INDEED !

El Chuxter
01-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay, I had to make a foray into the land of spoilers to read this!

Awesome! Now the circle is complete. A full 99% of OT characters now appear in the prequels at some point or another. ;)

Hopefully he will have a mohawk and gold earrings to reflect his more youthful nature.

"Take care, fool!"

tagmac
01-12-2005, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=El Chuxter]Awesome! Now the circle is complete. A full 99% of OT characters now appear in the prequels at some point or another. ;)QUOTE]

I'm still waiting to see if a young General Dodonna appears in ROTS, but at this rate, I wonder if we are gonna get a scene of Lando and Han as youngsters in some throwaway scene (wouldn't surprise me, although I can't see why it would be neccessary).

mabudonicus
01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Ah- Sorry it took so long to respond, Caesar... I've been busy blasting FX-7's in Battlefront and shovelling snow.....

of course I was right, I wouldn't fool around about such important matters as the return of the 'Deuce, brother, you know that :beard:

I hope with all my being that he gets off at least one line, I think a tear will roll down my cheek if that happens...... and what with him having a direct hand in the creation of Vader makes him a medical robot that is truly more than meets the eye

And finally, to be a fly on the wall at the "rolls/walks" discussion ;)

Turbowars
01-16-2005, 06:47 PM
I guess that means Hasbro will pump out a new version of him will " Super Knife stabbing action".

JEDIpartner
01-17-2005, 09:19 AM
We need a new 2-1B figure... :)

Turbowars
01-17-2005, 07:16 PM
We need a new 2-1B figure... :)I don't think so. What more could be done with the POTF2 figure? Maybe arm and knee joints, but Kenner nailed it back in the day.

2-1B
01-18-2005, 02:36 AM
Turby, if you ever talk against a 2-1B remake again, I'll run you off these boards forever ! :mad:
:D

Seriously, to answer the question though, well if indeed he DOES roll, then they need to redo those hooves they gave him.

I agree with you that they nailed him back in the day but come on, I just bought the newest Dengar on clearance for $2 USD and we surely didn't need another cut of the Danger Man. ;)

Mabudon, it never even clicked for me until right now. Of course he will be in it to help with Vader since he works on Vad's kid later on. I'm so dumb, I couldn't see the "G-Lu rhyme" coming. :Ogre:
I agree with your comments regarding The Deuce and I gotta say, I know I risk disappointment in hoping for it but maybe if he comes across well in ROTS, Hasbro will go back to the 12 inch line and finally greenlight your idea for an Electronic 12inch 2-1B with light up belly and "Take Care, Sir" voice feature.

For crying out loud, we DID get an electronic TC-14. :rolleyes:

mabudonicus
01-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Caesar, your new signature etc. nearly killed me Bro, that is some funny stuff.... now I gotta think of something good......

And since we're on the subject of The Deuce....
I was trying to think what his name might mean... JediElf came up with a good one that neither of us can remember :beard: but my first thought was a Sherlock Holmes reference, as in 21-B Baker Street...... If I remember the other one I'll post it, natch.....

One thought, too- in the "cut" pieces from ESB there were shots of the Deuce with his legs retracted, studying the dead tauntaun from the deleted Wampa attack scene.... (you can see it in the widescreen but it's really not focussed on)
If his legs telescope like they look like they would, he wouldn't have any flex in them.... Rolling- dunno why they wouldn't build his lower half like a treadwell droid....
So, what I'm thinking is that the Deuce actually has pogo-stick like legs and springs about making nice wet "BOIIINNNGGGG" sounds... think about that for a sec, it'd be totally AWESOME

The 'Xir
01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Sounds like some f'ed up android concoction out of Speilbergs' AI! :alien:

Uh-HUH HUH!!! He said Deuce! :stupid:

2-1B
01-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks Mabs, after thinking more about the connection between 2-1B to Luke and now Vader, I figure the best thing to do would be to wish the new Sith Lord to take care as well. Deuce is a gentleman afterall.

I like the Holmes reference, you should try to photoshop a Sherlock hat onto a 2-1B pic for an avatar.

The 'Xir
01-18-2005, 09:11 PM
While your at it, don't forget the Pipe! Maybe even a monocle!!! :smoker:

2-1B
01-20-2005, 03:59 AM
Very good ideas, Xir. :)

You know, for him to drag on a pipe though, he'd have to remove that 1950s Era microphone from his face ! ! ! ! !

The 'Xir
01-20-2005, 12:44 PM
Actually isn't there a hose attached to that thing anyways? Maybe we don't know as much about The Deuce as we thought! ;) Looks like he's already hittin' the Meds! Possible even stealing 'em from the rebels in some wicked meds trafficing scheme! :D

2-1B
01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Twobers as a drug addict ? Why I think not ! :mad:

Nah, that's just his mic wire. :D

CaptainSolo1138
01-21-2005, 02:05 PM
I've never laughed more at a single thread. "Deuce". That's freakin' hilarious.

The 'Xir
01-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Drug addict?!!! Of course not!!! :dis:

Laid back, easy-goin', never bothers anyone and always a perfect gentleman Stoner?.. HELL YEAH!!!! :classic: I so need a "stoner" smiley right now!
That definitely should be the next smiley added to these boards! Here that JT? we need a stoner smiley!!! I mean... Duuuuuuuuude,it would so rock!

Anyone got a Taun-Taun burrito? Maybe a Goober fish Sandwich? Thanks, Take Care Sir!

Slicker
01-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Laid back, easy-goin', never bothers anyone and always a perfect gentleman Stoner?.. HELL YEAH!!!! :classic: I so need a "stoner" smiley right now!
Duh! They already have one.:smoker::smoker::smoker::smoker::smoker: He wears the glasses to hide his bloodshot eyes. Or he could be spaced out.:alien::alien::alien::alien::alien::alien: Man I slay myself.:p

mabudonicus
01-22-2005, 06:07 AM
AHEM
Not a whole lotta 2-1B in those last few posts ;)..........

To respond to an earlier set of posts, we really, honestly DO need another Deuce, the talking light-up one like Caesar (I think) said..... if the electronics wouldn't fit in the figure, they could go in a base sorta like the Simpsons figures are done, that way he could even have more phrases built in, and how cool would the lightup belly be????

Man, I am getting more and more excited about "The Deuce is loose" all the time..... neither of the first 2 films had any element in them that got me this jazzed :beard:

Oh, and I always wondered about that goofy hose too.... why does he need to breathe, in the first place, and why would he breathe air from inside his abdominal cavity??? If it were attached to something external, you might have something, but as it is it just doesn't make any sense.... anyone got the technical drawings of our friend the 'Deuce???

The 'Xir
01-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh what the hell, I'll try my hand at an explanation..:

Well, seeing as our old friend Deuce is a Robot after all, that has gears and circuts and probably needs a good oil bath once in a while; and because he is a medical droid, I'd assume that hose isn't so much an apparatus to breath air from the outside in; but rather to keep any harmful gases or emmisions that our Fav med droid might emit out! :sur: No I don't mean that the Deuce is gonna rip one off while performing surgery! :stupid: But how can you have a steril environment to work in if your dripping oil everywhere or emitting some type of robot gas(you know what I mean) out onto the patient! Who knows maybe like we humans who release 80% of our body heat out through our heads, maybe droids release most of whatever, through their pie holes! :ermm: Sorry, best I can come up with on such short notice! ;) Either that or maybe his belly contains anasthesia(sp?) and he knocks people out by breathing it on them! DEUUUUUUUUCCCE!!! :smoker:

Kidhuman
01-22-2005, 09:34 PM
It doesnt matter why he has a hose, he would be :beard: with out it too.

2-1B
03-11-2005, 01:45 PM
:cry:

Almost every forumite is posting away about how cool the ROTS trailer was so am I the only one who is sad that we didn't get to see the Spelling Bee in the trailer ? :(

I can only hope they are saving the best for last ?

Dooku's execution - check
Padme dying - check
Anakin going into a KFC fryer and coming out extra crispy - check
2-1B helping to resurrect Ani ? Hell, I hope so. :(

Jargo
03-11-2005, 03:43 PM
given that most of the stuff used by the rebels to fight the empire with and to keep themselves healthy and fortified with vim and vigour came from sympathisers like the Mon Calamari, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma. It's likely that 2-1B came through one of those sources and looking at designs he would seem to fit in best with the Mon Calamari or Ishi Tib seeing as he is on the medical frigate at the end of Empire strikes back.

erm and the figure of the tri droid that rebuilds Anakin made by Hasbro would seem to suggest a non showing there for twobers. Best bet is in the medical chamber where Padders gives birth but we've seen that floating Jedi droid and that weird faceless alien Polis Massan is takin care of business there.

Maybe Twobers shows up on Alderaan. Or as a clonetrooper medic. coz we know they use medic droids in the field.

As for the hose, that'll be filled with soapy solution so he can blow bubbles through the mic attachment when he's kickin back between hack and sew jobs.

2-1B
03-12-2005, 05:36 AM
See Jargo, this is why you need to post more often. On one hand you're telling me that The Bee is not a likely candidate for inclusion in the film at this point but you do so in a way that lets me down easy and still gives me hope. And a smile, of course.

Okay, so you mentioned the Mon Cals. Well if I have to see Palps watching a ballet performed by Mon Calamari, well then what if one of them falls out of that bubble ? Who would be there to pick up the pieces ? Why, one of their own medical droids of course ! :)

Keep hackin' and sewin' !

mabudonicus
03-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Man, 3 pages in and Jargo lets the air outta the balloon with one post :beard:
You still got it man....

But dammit, the 'Deuce has to be in the film, HAS to!!!!!
AND he HAS to have a SPEAKING part, this is our last chance.....
And yes, Caesar, I too scanned the thing several times looking for anything, even just a suggestive glint slightly off-camera, anything, but so far it's been fruitless

I was also kinda sad that JarJar wasn't featured more prominently, but that is for another thread.......

Jargo
03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Oops. Sowwy :nerv:

Bosskman
03-13-2005, 10:34 AM
The Deuce is just an intern in ROTS. He messes up on the Binks and accidentally gives him breast implants. Binks then becomes the new queen of Naboo (appointed by Palpy as both a reward to Binks and punishment to the people of Naboo) and promptly fires the Deuce because he secretly resents his new man-boobs. After years of a drug induced stupor 21B finally gets himself together and hooks up with those nasty rebels.......

2-1B
03-29-2005, 02:40 AM
The current Insider did a spread on "the droids of Episode 3" and there wasn't a 2 to be found. :bored:

There is, however, a dumb looking droid called FX-6. Oh well. :bored:

mabudonicus
03-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah, dammit, I saw the lego "birth of DV" toy and it had the sad lego version of what I imagine is this FX-6, not even the 'Deuces medical scanner or nothing

Maybe he's gonna be that big surprise everyone is hoping for from the "hasn't been leaked" pile

2-1B
03-30-2005, 03:06 AM
:(

Well, we can always hope for the archival editions . . . maybe "E Tu, OneBee ?" can appear instead of Anakin's Ghost in ROTJ.

Jargo
03-30-2005, 07:41 AM
ok gues who just found 2-bers? ME!!!!! try this pic from the spoiler pics thread, look between the table and palpatine and who's beady little eyes are shining through? YAY!!!!!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10649

So Mabs you right, you were right about him..........

mabudonicus
03-30-2005, 08:49 AM
HOLY CRAP Jargo you are the MAN!!!!

I don't know how I missed that image, man oh man oh MAN that is cool!!
Thanks for turning this thread back in a happy direction :D

MAN does he look cool, even got knee-joints, that is SO wicked!!!

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 11:25 AM
SWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!. Hard to see him there in all the fog.

2-1B
03-30-2005, 12:50 PM
OH MY GOD :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jargo, I could KISS you ! ! ! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

mabudon, I can't contain my excitement anymore, this is now my second favorite movie after ESB ! :crazed:

Come on now Jargo, how can you say the prequels suck after seeing such a handsome gentleman like Bee in that pic ? lol lol lol Thanks old bean.

Those Insider folks are a tricky bunch . . . saving the best for last.

Jargo
03-30-2005, 03:39 PM
Steady, steady.

I'm looking at his foot and trying to figure out if it's a wheel or a suction thing or just loosely based on the action figure.

But how about that limelight stealing shot. A huge dramatic moment and who sneaks in and steals the limelight away but the civil one. It ws his delicate touch that revived Anakin then so he must be the prime cybernetics expert in the galaxy then. Not to mention plastic surgeon. What a droid.

So this is on Coruscant or onboard a ship? haven't been paying much attention to locales really.

Oh and did ya mention earlier on in this thread that the BEE was in TPM? Watto's junkyard had a load of Bee clones in there just sat in among the junk. somewhere off to the side of Qui-Gon and Watto. Near the 2001 a space odyssey shuttle pod.

so that's four of the six he's in now. P'raps he'll be added into the other two movies for the archival editions. Perhaps a scene in AOTC where he attaches Anakin's arm to echo the scene in ESB with Luke, and then perhaps in ANH showing up in that scene on Yavin where they're all crowded round the kiddies paddling pool thingy in the control centre.

I reckon the BEE will be the one to do the final tweaking on that control panel on Vader's chest. hooking him up with pirate college radio in that helmet.

I also noticed that in the scans from the visual dictionary poor old Bee is totally missing. But looking in the visual dictionary that first came out the line from BEE's vocoder (50's microphone mouth) is a hydraulic line feed.

from the visual dictionary:

2-1B
An excellent surgeon and field medic, 2-1B is able to perform precise operations that leave little or no scar. (*must have been an intern during ROS then)
2-1B's long experience with humans makes him considerate as well as beneficial. and he seems actually to care about his patients.
Precise hydralic systems using liquids at different temperatures give 2-1B a gentle touch.

And from the official site's databank:

Before his career in the Rebellion, 2-1B was once a medical droid in the employ of Lord Cuvir, a draconian Imperial Governor. Too-Onebee was liberated from Cuvir's service by Alliance Intelligence agent Tiree.

http://www.frazmtn.com/~punstr/blueprint/medroid.gif

And just to tease here's the Bee with his claw firmly grasping hold of Anakins arm in a gentle way.

Kidhuman
03-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Was that FX-7 as well at the bottom?

2-1B
03-31-2005, 01:07 AM
No KH, I believe that to be Fx-6.

vadersvette
03-31-2005, 10:05 PM
No KH, I believe that to be Fx-6.
lol lol lol :D :D

2-1B
04-01-2005, 05:03 AM
No, seriously - FX-6 is featured in the current Insider. I don't have my scanner hooked back up yet or else I would post a pic.

Jargo
04-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Well please hurry dear friend, that feature on the drooids has me intrigued. Last night I found a stack of pics of random background droids but alack and alas no FX-6.

I was thinking, wuldn't it be marvellous if someone other than Hasbroken was able to obtain the rights to producing larger scale figures of the droids. Not 12" scale but maybe 6" and did nothing but the droids. Witha larger scale the electronic Bee could be a real killer figure. More articulation and that light up belly and eyes. Proper grasping claws and poseability. They could put out multi-packs much like the LOTR line with a pack of medic droids, 2-1B, FX-6, FX-7, Midwife droid, Nurse droid, Chopper droid. Be cool.

Mmmmm just thinking about the possibilities is mind boggling. It'd beat the crap outa Hasbroken at any rate. If Hasbroken redid the Bee they'd make him from cheapo vynil plastics and he'd be all warped and bend in the heat and be really crappy. And yes Hasbro you do use substandard plastics like the rest of the toy industry because you can't afford to use the higher grade. Oil shortage means nearly all plastics are lower grade. So yaa boo thrrrrrrrrrrp to you.

*ahem*

Six inch figures of droids. Man what a dream.

2-1B
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Very well then Jargo, since you asked so nicely I pulled out my scanner and here's what I got for ya:

(note the legs I cut off in the pic, legs belonging to the Galactic Chopper featured on the same page)

So what do you think ?

Hey maybe this is just my extreme devotion to the Killer Bee talking, but how cool is it that Deuce is hanging around after all those years while his counterpart in ESB is an upgrade ? lol It speaks to his longevity in my opinion. lol

Jargo
04-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Why thank you sir. But I have one thing to say about that pic. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson!" :evil:

Hey I suppose it looks ok. Did you check out the vis dictionary scans in the other thread? The pic of the midwife droid and the nurse droid? They aint got nothin on the Deuce and his trusty old boiler assistant. I may even go see the movie just to see them on the big screen.

vadersvette
04-01-2005, 06:49 PM
No, seriously - FX-6 is featured in the current Insider. I don't have my scanner hooked back up yet or else I would post a pic.

Oh, thought I detected a hint of sarcasm...guess I was wrong! :D

mabudonicus
04-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Tee Hee... yep that's the onje I saw the Lego of, FX-6..... should be called FX-Suxx
he is pretty damn silly looking to be sure, and the Chopper droid isn't exactly floating my boat either.
Glad to see that something got ya even the tiniest bit interested in the new film Jargo, if the 'Deuce couldn't do it nothing could :beard:

And I have always thought about a real droid line, even if they were done in 3 3/4 by someone like Takara, with proper hard styrene and stuff (hell, even metal), broken into scene specific boxed sets (since most of them are pretty much just scenery anyways)
Like "Sandcrawler: inside" and stuff... and a "machines of the Trade Federation" would be slick, making a real destroyer droid and them there droid fighters (the transforming ones of which the rubberized POS ones that got released stunk out loud)

6 inch would be nice but then Hasbro would likely cave in to demand to make some "core characters" in that scale and then start pumping out Han Solos and stuff and then the line would peter out before anything really cool even happened...
Oh well, it's a nice thought

General_Grievous
04-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Hey guys. Just thought I should share this pic from the spoiler pics thread, in case you haven't seen it.

Look's like ol' Tube's cookin some BBQ.:D

mabudonicus
04-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Hot Damn!!!
Thanks for posting that one GG, I still have dialup and don't always look at all the pics people post....

MAN that pic is the best one yet, shows the slightly different design of our best buddy, Zwei Ein Bey

I feel an avatar coming on :beard: ........

2-1B
04-03-2005, 10:40 PM
Why thank you sir. But I have one thing to say about that pic. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson!" :evil:

Yes ! When I saw that pic his lit up head reminded me of SOMETHING goofy but I just couldn't place it . . . the Lost in Space robot is exactly what I had in mind.

Yeah that 2-1BBQ pic is a real treat and I am also pumped up for what should be a really cool figure to get down the road !

And who the hell would want to be operated on by something called a "Chopper" droid in the first place ? lol

2-1B
05-20-2005, 02:09 AM
Can we just give the Academy Award to 2-1B right away ? ? ? lol

Well done, Sir, I love how you stood strong and cool as a cucumber while that stupid chopper droid melted under the presure of Vader's wrath.

Yes, I just typed up a post directed at a fictional droid.

And for the record, I guess the answer is that Two-One-Bee "rolls" and does not walk. lol

mabudonicus
05-20-2005, 10:17 AM
I actually couldn't keep myself from yelling "Deuce" real quick at the premiere, something about how he moved just drove me mad.....
Like when the table is being raised, and you clearly see the 'Deuces knee bend?!?!?
MAN that was good- hopefully he gets a line in a cut scene or something
DAMN that was a great bit- take care SITH indeed :beard: :beard:

Now when does the figure come out???? :D

2-1B
05-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Not soon enough ! Should have released him before the Chopper. lol

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 01:39 AM
I actually couldn't keep myself from yelling "Deuce" real quick at the premiere,

I hear ya, I yelled 2-bers real loud.

Slicker
05-21-2005, 05:58 AM
On my second viewing today I payed close attention to him and loved seeing him. He rolls like a pro and does with consumate grace.

mabudonicus
05-22-2005, 01:01 PM
KH- that is quite cool- a few hundred miles apart and we still managed a simo-Deuce (and JediElf yelled it as well, so that's 3)

Jargo
05-25-2005, 05:51 PM
I haven't seen the movie. And i don't think i will until the DVD is released. And then i shall probably only watch the movie once. I'm trying to put as little money in Mr. Lucas' pocket as I can. However, I would be tempted to buy a deuce action figure. Along with one or two other droids. but gone are my days of collecting. and gone too my days of loving star wars.

but when the DVD is released I shall make a point of singling out the deuce to show my viewing companions. if I have any. perhaps I'll just be sat alone and smile wryly as he appears and do a little solo mexican wave........

2-1B
05-26-2005, 02:05 AM
Jargo, just as long as you leave room in your heart for the Two, that's all we care. lol

Jargo
05-26-2005, 10:04 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

You know it occurs to me that a feature they ought to incorporate into movies on DVD is a choice of voice for characters so you could say have Anakins drawl replaced by someone who can actually say dialogue in a natural fashion rather than read the script in their head and say it like they're reading it. I'd have Anakin voiced by Edward Norton. And Padme voiced by Helena Bonham Carter. And I'd revoice threepio throughout the entire saga with the dulcet tones of Kevin Spacey. And Given that he's a droid so you can give him any dialogue and it will still match up I'd give the deuce a whole new monologue in ESB and one in ROJ and loads of smart remarks in ROS. Heck i'm sure there's room on the soundtracks. Gotta have something fill those awkward silences. That whole rebel briefing room entrance thing the deuce could get a few one liners in there. and a new dialogue with that R4 droid next to him. In ESB he could turn to FX-& and have a whole spiel about how clumsy FX is. And on the med cruiser he could make some useful medic type comments on the state of play in the galaxy now the rebels have goofed up. And down on hoth when he's investigating that dead Tauntaun, what about a few quips, a few bar jokes to lighten the mood. I'd go for that. Gotta be more interesting than watching John Ratzenberger ham it up. Or seeing the scowl on Carrie 'the snout' Fishers face.
In fact much like the original idea of the star was being taken from the journal of the whills the deuce could provide a commentary right throughout the saga. He must have seen most of it. Considering he even turned up right back there in watto's junk yard. that boy certainly got around the galaxy.
The Deuces tale. that's what the saga should be renamed. and this new tv thing they've got planned has to be a continuation of his journey through the galaxy a long long time ago...

2-1B
05-27-2005, 01:58 AM
Who do you nominate as the voice of 2-1B ?

("the snout" lol lol lol)

vadersvette
05-30-2005, 02:00 PM
I haven't seen the movie. And i don't think i will until the DVD is released. And then i shall probably only watch the movie once. I'm trying to put as little money in Mr. Lucas' pocket as I can. However, I would be tempted to buy a deuce action figure. Along with one or two other droids. but gone are my days of collecting. and gone too my days of loving star wars.

but when the DVD is released I shall make a point of singling out the deuce to show my viewing companions. if I have any. perhaps I'll just be sat alone and smile wryly as he appears and do a little solo mexican wave........

You're a real downer, aren't you? :rolleyes:

BTW, I thought Hayden did an excellent job in ROTS! You said you haven't even seen the movie yet. How can you rip a movie apart if you haven't even seen it yet! JEEZ! :stupid:

darthvyn
06-01-2005, 08:25 AM
i don't want to be a voice of doubt, here, but are we sure this is 2-1b? he doesn't look like the same color as the guy in esb... could he in fact be 2-1a?

mabudonicus
06-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Smile when ya say that, pardner :D

He's a fashion conscious dude, what can I say, and besides, anyone can watch that holo-vid of Vader's creation (they have everything on holo, you know, even Owen's dump from another thread ;)) and I don't think being identified as the creator of the most powerful evil warrior-cyborg would help in winning any popularity contests

Jeesh Vyn, this thread was going along fine til you butted in :beard:

Seriously, though, I agree, he did look different, but not different enough (like that stupid fx-6 or 8 or whatever, he obviously got replaced outright) so I am content in believing that it was in fact the 'Deuce.. even if it was just proto-deuce, it was him

2-1B
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Vyncent, I hear what you are saying but the official sources or whatever have declared him 2-1B . . . if he was a proto-deuce they would've called him 2-1A just like they named that other one FX-6.

I'm not sure why he looks different in the ribs but I'm sure a crappy EU Story will be along in the next 6 months to explain. :)

El Chuxter
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
But isn't "2-1B" a generic term? Do we know that this is the same 2-1B from ESB? And that this is his full name, not "2-1B-Jones"?

Eh, who am I kidding. This is a ridiculous coincidence, and it's George Lucas. Of course it's the Deuce. And Meena Tillis is Ackbar's uncle, Bant's godfather, the father of Cilghal's college roommate, and once was a member of the Calamari Ballet Troupe. :crazed:

2-1B
06-02-2005, 02:40 AM
Admiral Ackbar was climbing the stairs, selling popcorn in the stands of the Galaxies Opera House. Didn't you see him ?

Well, except he wasn't an Admiral yet. :ermm:

Just regular ol' Andy Ackbar.

darthvyn
06-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Vyncent, I hear what you are saying but the official sources or whatever have declared him 2-1B . . . if he was a proto-deuce they would've called him 2-1A just like they named that other one FX-6.

as long as it's OFFICIAL! i was just messin'. i wanted to see what would happen if i dropped a bomb like that in here. like throwing a rock at a beehive.

But isn't "2-1B" a generic term? Do we know that this is the same 2-1B from ESB? And that this is his full name, not "2-1B-Jones"?

Eh, who am I kidding. This is a ridiculous coincidence, and it's George Lucas. Of course it's the Deuce. And Meena Tillis is Ackbar's uncle, Bant's godfather, the father of Cilghal's college roommate, and once was a member of the Calamari Ballet Troupe. :crazed:

and i am my own grandpa!

holy crap, "andy ackbar" almost made me pee myself.

Jargo
06-02-2005, 09:46 PM
You're a real downer, aren't you? :rolleyes:

BTW, I thought Hayden did an excellent job in ROTS! You said you haven't even seen the movie yet. How can you rip a movie apart if you haven't even seen it yet! JEEZ! :stupid:

You've obviously missed the rest of my posts here at SSG. then you might have understood my singular voice. I'm actually quite cheerful. my words are written with tongue in cheek. You are the one who has applied the downer to the thread.

I've seen enough of the movie through spoilers video and trailers and movie shows with previews and so on to know that I see bad acting. but i was actually talking about his voice not his acting.

Now that i think about it i'd probably revoice the entire saga. It's one thing having no good actors but when they can't get the right intonations and inflection into a simple line of dialogue it's time to get someone with an interesting and educated voice. If they can dub the movies into international languages successfully then making sure that the talent can talk should be a simple task.

I've been wondering about the Deuce, how come he's an articulated ambulatory droid with really clumsy looking claws/hands/manipulators, and those coffee percolator shaped droids like the FX series are so cumbersome and immovable and have those dainty little manipulator arms that can't reach very far? Surely the Deuvce has been lumbered with awkward and non dextrous butcher droid limbs when he should have had the dainty light as a feather touch FX series ones. The Deuce been duped i think.

El Chuxter
11-24-2005, 11:23 PM
New info from starwars.com confirms it's the same model, but not the same droid:

http://starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/11/sithsnap20051123.html

The familiar looking medical droid that treats a badly injured Darth Vader. This droid was intended to be the same model as the 2-1B seen in Empire, but not the exact same droid.

The Databank also lists the true Deuce as only appearing in ESB and ROTJ.

2-1B
11-25-2005, 05:37 PM
What a bunch of gubbins, that's not true, it's obviously a smear tactic by SW.com to deny The Deuce's place in the history of the saga.

It's the same droid, trust me. ;)

mabudonicus
11-26-2005, 05:49 AM
I,too, sensed that it was in fact the one and only- he didn't speak in ROTS so as to conceal his hand in the creation of Vader, so as kids wouldn't be afraid of him, or something like that. there was no mistaking his "take care sir" stance :beard:

2-1B
11-26-2005, 12:28 PM
And he was already worried about how long it would take Palpatine to evacuate the T-47s, so we know it's gotta be the same droid. They broke the mold with our man Deuce, no other droid like him.

The matter is settled. Close the thread and sticky it for all to see.

El Chuxter
11-26-2005, 12:34 PM
And I think in the "Chosen One" documentary, they showed a cut bit of him glaring at FX-6 and his eyes were glowing red.

Yep, got to be the same droid. starwars.com is lying to us agai n.:mad:

2-1B
11-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Speaking of which, 2-1B is the Chosen One, so I don't know what all that talk about Anakin Skywalker was ! :eek:

2-1B
11-25-2006, 02:07 AM
mabudon, you were right: 2-1B IS in an upcoming wave of Kubricks ! ! !

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=32&p2_articleid=485

Rogue II
11-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Awesome. Every home should have one.

JimJamBonds
11-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Awesome. Every home should have one.

Correction: Every home WILL have one!

2-1B
11-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Correction: Every home WILL have one!

as well they should. lol

:deuce:

CaptainSolo1138
11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
My home will be constructed of them. Word.

2-1B
11-03-2007, 03:31 PM
F*** yeah, first figure I'll be buying in awhile:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1148

(unless I find Hermi Odle sometime, which I won't)

El Chuxter
11-03-2007, 09:55 PM
You want Hermi? I'll watch for him out here. If I find him, he's yours. You can ask KH and Cappy how quickly I've been shipping stuff lately. (I still have Comic-Con '06 stuff for The Kid.)

2-1B
11-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Thanks Chux, yeah I seriously do want him...I've posted alot lately about how I haven't bought anything since forever (I have NOTHING from the TAC/Legends style packaging) but I legitimately want Hermi and The Deuce...I still look at all the figs when I go shopping, I just don't really buy. I almost bought the CZ droid and the Ghostface guy because they were really cool, but I passed.

I'm not collecting much of anything anymore but I like to get a few pieces from each card style, so I'm on the lookout for Herms.

I doubt I could offer anything in trade (unless I get lucky and find something you want???) but would reimburse you promptly if you're willing to hook me up. :)

To stay on topic, I dig the look of this figure, of course the ESB version is the iconic and definitive version of our beloved Surgical Mo'Fo but this figure captures his CGI look very well. A great companion piece to the POTF2 version which is one of my favorite figures.

mabudonicus
11-04-2007, 10:35 AM
WOW does he EVER look excellent, and with the quality of that pic, the only step that could make aything better will be actually having him in hand. I have the PERFECT plotline for the sequel to Rockin Deuce, just still trying to come up with what song to use :D
:beard: Iso & Baws

Gonna have to get Caesars phone number so we can flip out over how cool this figure is

2-1B
02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
He's gorgeous, and he even comes with a display stand ! ! !

"2-1:beard: Surgical Droid" is what it says on the stand.

:dusbsuisdeeded:

Jargo
02-10-2008, 06:13 PM
maybe the ROS version is the feminine version. and she and the original deuce they had a secret uplink/download session and produced the mini kubrick deuce.

2-1B
05-07-2008, 12:24 AM
mabudon, you were right: 2-1B WAS in the Red Cross ! ! !

http://www.nirahlee.com/iswwr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=1

CaptainSolo1138
05-07-2008, 07:43 AM
That sight is pretty sweet. I like the Russians putting up the Imperial flag in Berlin!

mabudonicus
05-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Yes, that pic is freakin freaky man, nice find
:beard: Iso&Baws
looks like future 'tar material

2-1B
05-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I love how they embrace his lack of feet and just go with the static base that his body is incorporated into...I guess that makes it Canon.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-09-2011, 11:17 PM
In the 2011 Day-At-A-Time SW calendar, guess who's on the page for 1/22 (because of TWO 2s)?

JimJamBonds
02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
http://www.nirahlee.com/iswwr/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=1
That site has some pretty sweet pics!

masterväder
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Kaptain Curk u wre write the crem dos help thnkz a lolt

El Chuxter
02-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Okay, dude, you've got me confused. I recognize the name "Kaptain Curk," but haven't seen it in ages. And it doesn't look like he ever posted in this thread as far as I can tell.

masterväder
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
oih soery is was suposed to be a pms to captain curk. i accidentale sent him my psot for here:

"hey that sight is cool is love the star wars easter eggs"

2-1B
02-19-2011, 11:49 PM
In the 2011 Day-At-A-Time SW calendar, guess who's on the page for 1/22 (because of TWO 2s)?

Yep, good call!

I got to work on 1/23...and had a REALLY hard time flipping to the next day. :(