PDA

View Full Version : Kamino And Geonosis In Fact File

Jek Porky 2002
01-01-2002, 03:05 PM
I don't know weather the new Star Wars Fact File is available anywere else appart from Britain, but inside there is a large cosmology wall-chart and on it are Kamino and Geonosis, but the intresting thing is they are right next to each other and only a few planets away from Tatooine, does this change anyones view on the story line?

Your thoughts?

GNT
01-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Do you have any pictures?

Jek Porky 2002
01-02-2002, 04:31 PM
I'm not certain, I'll see what I can do.

Darth Evil
01-02-2002, 04:37 PM
I didn't know the new fact file was out, when did you get it?

Jek Porky 2002
01-02-2002, 04:38 PM
The Friday before Christmas, 2 weeks this Friday.

evenflow
01-04-2002, 10:52 AM
I'd like to see the pictures of that. Where is it from?

Jargo
01-04-2002, 08:11 PM
It's published by D'Agostini (sp?) and it's a part work thingy. I subscribed to the trial edition which IMO was very poor quality and not worth the money. The folder I recieved was the kind I'd expect to find in bargain basement stores and the fact files themselves were just regurgitated stuff from any star wars book you care to name. The free gifts were lame and cheap and the worst part is that I paid up for four issues in spring last year and I'm still waiting for one of the issues. I have cancelled my subscription and won't be bothering with this rip off again.
It's fine for kids who have little knowledge of what star wars is all about, a great in road for them. But useless to adult collectors unless they collect tatty bits of rubbish.

The edition now being published is the revamped but still lame general release version. Complete with TV ads. But I would think carefully before shelling out a small fortune on unending parts for this publication.

I have to say that partwork publications are fraught with bad distribution problems and quality control. But this is unfortunately Lucasfilm backed, so this should be of a better quality and the free gifts should not be so tacky and cheap looking.
I recieved a horrid mouse mat and a really horrid key fob. I'm still waiting for the Shadows Of The Empire CD-ROM and a wall chart. Which replaced two kit models that were initially offered as free gifts back in december of 2000.

Before the webmaster got into bed with D'Agostini, there were a million and one complaints posted at theprivateuniverse in a hundred threads in the forums there, all slagging off D'Agostini and their lack of customer services. The call center hadn't even heard of the product the company was selling!!!

I'd not get too exited about this if I were you. But that's just my humble review and opinion. :)

I will add some scans of what I got to this thread later.