PDA

View Full Version : Surreal Life 4!

RooJay
01-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Anyone else watching this? I'm not normally one for reality shows (or television in general, for that matter), but having caught the other previous seasons of the pseudo-celebrity train wreck extravaganza I just had to tune in for this new season. For those not in the know the premise of the show is that they take a group of has-been and also-ran celebrities (past seasons have showcased such talents as Vanilla Ice, Tammy Faye, Eric Estrada, Flavor Flav, Brigette Nielsen, Dave "Uncle Joey from Full House" Coulier, Ron Jeremy, Gary Coleman, MC Hammer, Vince Neil, and Emanuel "Webster" Lewis among others) and put them in a house together "Real World" style to see what happens. This season "stars" Chris "Peter Brady" Knight, rapper Da Brat, Verne "Mini-Me" Troyer, Joanie "Chyna" Laurer, Jane Wiedlin of the Go-Go's, and models Adrienne Curry and Marcus Schenkenberg.
Some things I learned from the first episode:
- Peter Brady is not only a pretty cool cat, but he's also frikkin' ripped!

- Chyna is a royal [woman who is not nice] (she stole Mini-Me's specially designed little person's room!) and doesn't really seem to care when her nipples are showing.

- Da Brat is a snob...or a "brat" if you will.

- "America's Next Top Model" (Adrienne) loves to be naked and isn't above taking a job as dinnerware! :sur:

- Jane Wiedlin is pretty hot for a little chick who's getting on in years (and also occasionally likes to be naked).

- Mini-Me = comic gold. Mini-Me drunk = comic platinum. Mini-Me drunk and NAKED = comic nirvana. Mini-Me drunk, naked, and peeing on the floor = comic...well, far too hilarious for words (and just a little bit sad to boot)!

Check it out if you can. :D

El Chuxter
01-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah, this was hysterical. This is the only true reality show I enjoy. (Survivor's a game show, regardless of the label, and Drawn Together, well, it isn't actually reality.) I'm not sure why earlier seasons aren't on DVD, as it's the only reality show that lends itself to re-watching.

I also learned that there was a reason that Joan of Arc never spoke in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. Could you imagine her saying something in Jane's squeaky little voice? :eek:

Also, for us SW buffs, Da Brat compared Chyna to Chewbacca at least twice.

Slicker
01-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I heard on the radio that Da Brat's husband or boyfriend said that she was to big of a star to be doing a show that's obviously made for has been's. Strange, I hadn't heard of Da Brat for years until they talked about her being on this show.

FLAVOR FLAV!!!!

RooJay
01-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Seriously! When was the last time she had a hit? Did she ever have more than one? I don't even remember hearing of when her last album was released. :stupid:

Rocketboy
01-11-2005, 02:48 PM
Seriously! When was the last time she had a hit? Did she ever have more than one? I don't even remember hearing of when her last album was released. :stupid:Ummm...she had 1 hit?

CaptainSolo1138
01-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I don't know why I'm so addicted to that show. I hate 9 out of 10 people who've ever been on it (especially Ryan "I'm too good for everything" Star). I don't understand how some of these people still feel that they qualify as a "celebrity". When was the last time anybody saw Chyna wrestle? When did Da Brat's last album come out? I won't pick on Jane Wiedland's lack of career because she's hot. At least that Brady kid has no disillusions about himself.

Rocketboy
01-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Exactly.
You'd think they know that they're all has-beens.
That is how the show's described, even by VH1 (I believe).

OC47150
01-13-2005, 03:06 PM
I watched the first two seasons faithly, season 3 on and off (I taped the marathon when it was on the other weekend), but haven't watched #4 yet.

I'm not a fan of his music, but Flavor Flav did liven up #3.

JediTricks
01-13-2005, 07:34 PM
On this thread's advice, I caught the Tuesday rerun of the ep, Da Brat is a total jerk, Chyna is a selfish nit-wit, and Mini-me is downright creepy because of his behavior. I think I'm going to avoid watching the rest of this, but I'll give it 1 more chance.

Slicker
01-13-2005, 07:49 PM
This show is like a bad car accident, you just can't stop watching.

OC47150
01-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Seasons 1 and 2 were enjoyable, an interesting mix of characters. Season 3 was so-so, but you could see it about the jump the shark. Flav and Brigette did spice it up.

I'll withhold judgement on #4 until I catch an episode or two.

Val Da Car
01-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I caught a portion of it last night and saw Verne T. on his scooter, drug and peeing in a corner..and nekkid!

Thank goodness for blurry spots to cover that kind of stuff on TV.

OC47150
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Ha! I will definitely have to tune in to see that.

kool-aid killer
01-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I have yet to see the 4th season of this but i enjoyed watching the 3rd. I hated Flavor Flav, he looked like an Orc and still had that hip hop mentality that isnt cool on a guy that old. I couldnt understand Charro for the life of me and Ryan Star acted like she had a musical career to maintain. Im going to see if i can catch some of part 4 during the weekend. Regarding Da Brat, she put out a CD a year or so ago and but it really didnt have any bona fide hit, other than the single that was released to push it. "OOOOHHHH, im in love, im in love with you!" In the commercials Mini Me has the look of a deer caught in the headlights. That house is going to corrupt him.

El Chuxter
01-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Corrupt Mini-Me? You have read the many news reports over the past few years about what a party animal the lil' fella is, right? I'd be more worried he'd corrupt the others. (Or that he'll provoke a fight with Chyna and get stomped on.)

Chyna is especially pathetic because she can't legally go by that name anymore or be referred to it directly on the show, so everyone calls her "China Doll." I suppose she's worried no one will recognize "Joanie Lauer."

And how can anyone not love the Flava? A hideously ugly guy with little-to-no real talent who made a highly successful career wearing clocks and dancing around shouting "Yeah boyeeeeeeeee" in the background of Public Enemy songs? The dude just rules! He's even cooler than Tiny Tim!

OC47150
01-14-2005, 02:17 PM
The first episode os #3 when everyone was coming into the house and Flav said, every time, I think I you but don't remember where. That set the tone for the whole show.