PDA

View Full Version : KB Toys....

sith_killer_99
01-11-2005, 08:27 PM
can lick my wallet! Because that's as close as they are gonna get to my cash!

I stopped by KB tonight and found....

All of the new Animated figures....$7.99
A few new POTC and OCT figures....$7.99
VOTC.....$12.99

Meanwhile, across the street Wal-Mart has

Some new Animated figures...........$5.55
A few new POTC figures.............$5.88
OTC Figures.................$3.00
VOTC......................$7.00

At the same time, Wal-Mart down the road had

OTC figures..............$2.00 :eek:
VOTC figures.............$5.00 :eek:

And KB is still charging more than MSRP for these things!

KB toys can like my wallet. I don't care if they did have every colored Clone Trooper, VOTC Stormtroopers and VOTC Fett's, I refuse to pay those prices.

Sorry, I just had to vent. :frus:

Rocketboy
01-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it's no wonder they closed tons of stores.

Slicker
01-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Didn't they just get busted a couple of years back for jacking prices up?

kool-aid killer
01-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I want to say the higher prices result from not being able to sell the quantity that Walmart probably does, but then if the price was lower they would be selling more, so ive ran into a dilemma with my admittedly half arsed logic on KB and its prices. Long as i can remember KB has always charged a little more on its toys. And that has certainly kept me from visiting them often and even more so buying from them.

El Chuxter
01-12-2005, 02:14 PM
They seemed to be doing quite well when they dropped most of their prices to clearance levels a few years ago, then as soon as they increased again, the company went bankrupt and closed most of their stores. Stupid. They could still be making a mint on the stuff Wal-Mart and Target never stocked. I mean, wouldn't you rush there every day if you had reason to believe Sio Bibble or Snake Armor He-Man might be there at a cheap price? (As opposed to not wasting the time because you know it'll only be 50 Orn Free Taas at $8 or whatever.)

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 08:00 PM
The last thing I bought at KB was when they had the 4 packs foir 10 bucks. I went in there and needed to replace a few figures. I talked them into letting me create my own 4 packs, just so they could move merchandise. Sad and pathetic company they are.

Jayspawn
01-14-2005, 10:02 AM
KB is enduring the last of a slow death. This is what they get for YEARS of prices being too high!

Hell, KB closed EVERY location in my state.