PDA

View Full Version : Every Man's Dream!!

Slicker
01-12-2005, 12:58 AM
No it has nothing to do with the Olsen Twins, a 9-iron, and a pair of snow boots. I'm talking about the Military Channel. I used to call the History Channel the WWII channel but now all of my dreams have been answered and I now almost literally have one. Usually when I'm online late at night there's nothing on TV to watch but now I have something to keep me occupied while downloading.

As I type I'm watching a show about Marine firepower. I don't know about your local cable provider but in Virginia Beach where I live it replaced History International, I believe, which was a great network but doesn't compare.

Now I can watch Hitler and his goose-stepping minions 24-7.:evil:

Kidhuman
01-12-2005, 08:53 AM
OK, I moved this from Gen. Disc. to TV, well because its TV. But secondly, it will get off topic in that category, so I think it will be safer here and stay more on topic.

BTW, dont know if I have it or not. I will have ot look into it.

Exhaust Port
01-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Any idea what they'll do for Civilain aviation? I haven't seen much Discovery Wings but do get a kick out of the Civilian side. You can only watch so many documentaries about the MiG 25 or Tu-22.

OC47150
01-12-2005, 11:36 AM
I'd LOVE to see this new channel but I seriously doubt my cable company will provide it.

El Chuxter
01-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Hitler 24-7? I thought that was the History Channel. ;)

Exhaust Port
01-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I'd LOVE to see this new channel but I seriously doubt my cable company will provide it.

I've only seen it packaged with Digital packages with a few cable providers.

OC47150
01-12-2005, 02:08 PM

Cursed! I still have the regular History Channel. Until 2 - 3 years ago, we only got Bravo from midnight - 6 a.m.; it was C-SPAN the rest of the time.

There's more to history than Hitler, El Chuxter, even though he's on there 3 - 5 days a week.

Slicker
01-12-2005, 02:20 PM
That's what I have at home with our Cox package. I haven't seen anything about civil aviation yet on the channel but one never knows.

El Chuxter
01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
There's more to history than Hitler, El Chuxter, even though he's on there 3 - 5 days a week.

Every time I turn there, it's Hitler or UFOs. Sometimes it's both.

"Historians believe Benjamin Franklin was abducted by aliens from an unspecified planet near Betelgeuse. And what did Hitler think of this? Find out after the break!" :crazed:

Slicker
01-12-2005, 06:40 PM
The part that I always hated about the Hitlery Channel was when they'd do shows on the Romans. That stuff just doesn't do it for me. I'm sure they'll have some stuff on the new channel but with the plethora of other war I'll be able to skip it and watch infomercials or something.

JON9000
01-13-2005, 11:52 PM
The part that I always hated about the Hitlery Channel was when they'd do shows on the Romans. That stuff just doesn't do it for me.
I love that stuff. It helps, however, if you know how events fit into the big picture with the Romans. And of course, unfortunately there is little actual footage. You have to deal with CG mock battles. Oh well, we can't all be fans! :rambo: