PDA

View Full Version : The new iPod Shuffle

Exhaust Port
01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

It's smaller than a pack of gum and you can get up to 1 GB of storage with it! Wow.

When I was shopping for my iPod I was really tempted to get the mini-iPod due to the small size to be used if I was to go running or some other activity. Now with this coming out I'm glad I opted for the larger, normal sized iPod. Someday I'd love to pick one of these up.

Apple does it again!

Slicker
01-12-2005, 01:31 PM
I've been seeing tons of news coverage about this. With 1GB you could only get about 200 songs on it bu....wait I don't even think I know of 200 songs. At $100 I can see these things flying off the shelves very, very fast.

El Chuxter
01-12-2005, 02:11 PM
And I'd have the opposite problem. 200 sounds like it's too small to even bother with at that price. I figure they're all dropping in price fairly soon, though.

LusiferSam
01-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Cool little (and I do mean little) gadget. 200 songs would be easy for me, but which 200? Personally I don't see myself as having use for one as I own I full sized iPod. But I sure its super easy to use. My uncle and I were trying to figure out his new MP3 player and having a terrible time. The software and hardware were both wacko.

Kind of off topic but did you guys see the Mac mini (http://www.apple.com/macmini/) ?

JediTricks
01-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Hey, it's an iMac but without looking stupid (instead you look stupid for having to then track down a Mac monitor separately :p). It's not as cool or portable-usable as the OQO (http://www.oqo.com/hardware/basics/), but it's also nowhere near as expensive.

As for the iPod Shuffle, they are foolish for advertising it as a shuffler when it also plays in the order you want. It looks like a neat little toy and the lower pricepoint really helps. The storage size for the price sounds good too, but being stuck with the Apple iPod/iTunes situation might be a dealbreaker.

BTW, what is wrong with our world when the iPod Shuffle page has the following warning?: Do not eat iPod shuffle.

Exhaust Port
01-13-2005, 08:59 PM
But they would taste so nice with some soy sauce.

El Chuxter
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
BTW, what is wrong with our world when the iPod Shuffle page has the following warning?: Do not eat iPod shuffle.

Ha ha! That's like "Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball." lol

JediTricks
01-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Ha ha! That's like "Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball." lol
One of the most memorable SNL bits of all time! :D The part about Happy Fun Ball being made from an unknown substance that fell to Earth from outer space always pops into mind when looking at the pillows at Target & WM where it says the stuffing is made from unknown materials. :p

JON9000
01-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I don't think it really competes with the regular i-pod market. I had a keyring player last year that held 128mb and it was nowhere near as cool.

Slicker
01-18-2005, 02:49 PM
I just read on Yahoo! that if you want one of these you should be prepared to wait in upwards of four weeks to get on shipped to you. It's obvious that either people really love these or the company didn't produce enough to fill demand.