PDA

View Full Version : beyond the Basic figures

mylow thehutt
01-01-2002, 06:47 PM
:confused: O.k just whent to theforce.net and it said...........well this is very confusing,it talked about one group of figures being artculated for the kids and the others being actioned posed for teens,I still can't make heads or tails of this,can someone just sum this up for me.:confused:

Jargo
01-01-2002, 07:10 PM
it's basically the difference in the two types of collector Mylow.
Kids tend to want basic action figures of the main characters that can be posed any which way but aren't in fact terribly articulated or detailed. Kids tend to treat their toys rough so these figures are pretty much like the very first episode one figures - not that good.
the second type of figure is aimed at the more mature collector who is more likely to just display the toys and these figures have better poses and more detail. They include more background characters that kids aren't supposedly interested in. stuff like the smaller beasts, aliens and senators.
Then there's the deluxe figures which for episode one were not that good but with this movie seem to be intended for the display only collector. they look best when displayed in a glass fronted cabinet with lighting. Much like a museum piece.

That's the way i read the report. :)

2-1B
01-02-2002, 12:33 AM
I wonder how the big retailers will deal with the various targets?

I hope they will be able to track the lines and keep a healthy supply. It would be unfortunate to overload on the basic line and subsequently neglect other products.

Obi-Don
01-02-2002, 12:48 AM
I think that who ever come with this idea should be shot. They need to keep the line the way it is and work more on detail and articulation.I hate the idea of one pose figure even if I just put them on a book case.

SirSteve
01-02-2002, 12:51 AM
sigh.... I wish other sites would PUT UP or SHUT UP....

GNT
01-02-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
sigh.... I wish other sites would PUT UP or SHUT UP....

What makes you say this? :confused:

mylow thehutt
01-02-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by GNT

What makes you say this? :confused:

I think he means,all these web sites are saying all these things about ep2,and it's getting us sad,mad,and we don't want the toys before we even look at the whole line,so the sites need to show the pics,or just shut up and stop making us feel down:D

INDIANA
01-03-2002, 01:38 PM
So, SirSteve......

I asked you once before about the E2 line. Here's a question I probably didn't ask because I didn't think it would be necessary, but now, maybe I'm just confused by too many sources all telling us the "truth", but.....Is there anything about the E2 line you think sucks? Do you think the 3 different lines of figures will be confusing or be no more difficult to follow than the current Collection 1, 2 and Deluxe lines.

Your public awaits.......

derek
01-03-2002, 06:07 PM
i read the report of this at theforce.net and read jargo's post, which is basically the same thing. what i gather form this news is, despite the claim of there being a few lines, all the figures are posed and unarticulated, like the padme arena figure or obi-wan coruscant chase figure's we've seen.

and sir steve, you can put up............the pictures, that is:D

SirSteve
01-03-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by derek
i read the report of this at theforce.net and read jargo's post, which is basically the same thing. what i gather form this news is, despite the claim of there being a few lines, all the figures are posed and unarticulated, like the padme arena figure or obi-wan coruscant chase figure's we've seen.

and sir steve, you can put up............the pictures, that is:D

This is incorrect. There IS articulation to all the figures.

SirSteve
01-03-2002, 06:58 PM
Collection 1 and 2 is still there....

sith_killer_99
01-03-2002, 08:50 PM
What?

:confused:

derek
01-03-2002, 10:30 PM
i know there will be some articulation, but the news report makes it sound like it is reduced.

in the "year in rewiew", you said hasbro was taking the line in a different direction. what did you mean?

GNT
01-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by derek
in the "year in rewiew", you said hasbro was taking the line in a different direction. what did you mean?

I think he meant that they will be in poses unlike before?

derek
01-04-2002, 12:27 AM
i don't know. from what we've seen so far, they don't look much different. fixed poses just like many, many before.

maybe there will be a lot more deluxe figures that come with a big piece of plastic like padme and her wooden post.