PDA

View Full Version : Tie Fighter 7263 with Light up Lightsaber Darth Vader available at Lego.com

Jedibill
01-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Lego Tie Fighter 7263 is available at Lego.com $19.99

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=7263&cn=4&d=5&t=3

moulman
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
hmmm-i was talking to someone at the across town walmart today on the phone-said they got some new lego stuff in-dont know if she meant more classic sets (dagobah xwing-mos eisly cantina, ect) or if she mighta meant this set

Slicker
01-12-2005, 06:47 PM
I don't understand this. Why not have Darth Vader come with, oh, maybe his TIE Fighter.

bobafrett
01-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Is it just me, or do the TIEs panels look to be shorter than the original Lego TIE fighters? I have two of the TIE's that came with the pilot and a Stormtrooper, and for some reason the wings look shorter.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I finally found this sucker on the shelf at Target this AM. I thought it just came with the DV minifig but it also has a TIE pilot. Didn't notice if it comes with a fueling tower like the 2001 version. I'd get it for $10-15 but not for $20. I just don't dig the lightup-lightsaber-thing-but-the-arm-and-head-won't-move-and-don't-forget-the-battery-is -not-ever-coming-out gimmick.

Slicker
02-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately ManCan it doesn't come with the tower for it to stand on. I was almost disappointed that it didn't when I opened it up. It made it display better.

Jedibill
02-05-2005, 09:30 PM
Yea I agree a gimmak I'm glad it came with a Tie Pilot can always use another one of those I think the light up thing would be better suited to R2 or some other Robots or maybe just mailaway figures or something..

Slicker
02-05-2005, 09:45 PM
I finally found this sucker on the shelf at Target this AM. I thought it just came with the DV minifig but it also has a TIE pilot. Didn't notice if it comes with a fueling tower like the 2001 version. I'd get it for $10-15 but not for $20. I just don't dig the lightup-lightsaber-thing-but-the-arm-and-head-won't-move-and-don't-forget-the-battery-is -not-ever-coming-out gimmick.
The Vader is quite neat. It's exactly the same size as all of the other Lego figures and the head, arm, and legs all move and the only difference is that you can't take the legs off.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-05-2005, 10:29 PM
The Vader is quite neat. It's exactly the same size as all of the other Lego figures and the head, arm, and legs all move and the only difference is that you can't take the legs off.

Then why in the hell was there all this talk about the arm wouldn't move and the head couldn't turn?! Great that they do, but I wonder where this idea came from that the Vader was pretty much a light-em up statue?

Does his helmet come off like the Final Duel 1 and TIE/Y-Wing ones?

Slicker
02-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Yeppers, helmet still comes off and everything. It just wouldn't be the same if we couldn't look at the Ani's pasty mug.

bobafrett
02-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I picked the set up at TRU, and the only thing I wasn't happy with, was the lack of the fueling tower. I loved the fueling tower as it raised the TIE up and above, giving room to display the other ships such as Vader's TIE fighter, and the shuttle.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-09-2005, 11:52 AM
I picked the set up at TRU, and the only thing I wasn't happy with, was the lack of the fueling tower. I loved the fueling tower as it raised the TIE up and above, giving room to display the other ships such as Vader's TIE fighter, and the shuttle.

Bummer. I like mine in the old set because I have limited display room and it gives me more space to stick stuff underneath.

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I like the tower because of the flexible hose, I really like that hose design.

Slicker
02-10-2005, 03:53 AM
The tower was both functional and one of those little details that makes most of the Lego sets fun. If getting the light up Vader was the reason why they didn't give the fueling tower then it was a pretty good trade but they still could've thrown it in for good measure.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
The tower was both functional and one of those little details that makes most of the Lego sets fun. If getting the light up Vader was the reason why they didn't give the fueling tower then it was a pretty good trade but they still could've thrown it in for good measure.

Dude, you just nailed it. It's the little extras like the tower that made the original Lego sets so cool. Many were dopey, but still neat to have if even for the extra parts. The TIE tower was a nice touch and so were the little maintenance cart with the OG X-Wing, the wagon that came with the Naboo Fighter, the snowspeeder radar dish and rebel soldier, and the seascape with the Gungan Sub. I can't recall any similar pieces from recent sets other than Yoda's hut, which is disappointing.

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 07:46 PM
The new Snowspeeder has another radar dish and soldier, the Geonosian Fighter has the sonic cannon (surprisingly nice), the Rep Gunship has the Super Battle Droids and Droideka, the AT-TE and AT-AT both have removable speederbikes, the Falcon has its escape pod and the imperial E-Web cannon, and that's all I can think of. Of course, '03 and '04 were pretty light for Star Wars Lego and there were many other sets without extras. I dunno, the fueling tower was cute, but that set also had the first Lego Stormtrooper, this update has no tower and no stormtrooper, just light-up Vader which seems like a pretty lame trade.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-14-2005, 11:08 AM
...this update has no tower and no stormtrooper, just light-up Vader which seems like a pretty lame trade.

Agreed. I imagine that this lightup feature will end up being a passing gimmick and after this year we won't see much of it. In all the Lego forums I've visited, the consensus seems to be "eh" to "Lego must die." I'd rather have a regular minifig than a lightup one whose LS you can't remove. If they were going to do this, then why not do something extra like those pen sets.

Oh yeah, those sucked too. :D