PDA

View Full Version : episode 3 figures

jedimastergeorge
01-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know how many episode 3 figures are coming out the first night on midnight maddness. so ill know now much to put back out of my income tax check. And does anyone know if theres a date set yet for the midnight maddness.
george

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2005, 07:59 PM
So far, 24 figures are known to be released on the first day, which is April 2. They are:
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Super Battle Droid
Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage)
Clone Trooper (Quick-Draw Attack)
R2-D2 (Droid Attack)
Grievous’s Bodyguard
General Grievous (Four Lightsaber Attack)
Mace Windu (Force Combat)
Darth Vader (Lightsaber Attack)
Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning)
Count Dooku
Chancellor Palpatine
Bail Organa
Plo Koon
Battle Droid (Separatist Army)
C-3PO
Padmé
Agen Kolar
Shaak Ti
Kit Fisto
Royal Guard
Mon Mothma
This is in addition to an unknown number of deluxe figures, vehicles, two-packs, and playsets. And of course, there may still be a lot more figures we still don't know about.

JEDIpartner
01-12-2005, 08:18 PM
...and those remaining figures could be spread out over the course of the rest of 2005.

Fluke Skywalker
01-13-2005, 02:14 AM
I was just thinking the other day about this very question. I have gone back and tried to use TPM/AOTC as a guide, but it just varies so much. My guess is that the first 24 figures will all hit on day one at various places. The thing I can't figure out yet are the ships. I bet Obi's Jedi fighter will be released on the first day, but what about the ARC fighter? Or the Mustafar playset? As it stands right now I want about 16 or so of the first 24 figures. I also really want the Unleashed (Anakin, Obi and Greivious). And if they release the ARC Fighter, I'll get that and Obi's ship. That alone comes to about... $200.00!

tagmac
01-13-2005, 11:05 AM
I just hope they wise up and pack these figures evenly in the cases, so that everyone has a fair shot at Midnight Madness. For Ep. I, people made Darth Maul seem rare by buying 4-5 of him at one time, but by the next morning, he could be easily found in most stores as more cases were put out. With Ep. II, though, you had Dooku/Yoda/Hanger Anakin and Luminara/Red Guard/Taun We confined to a single case assortment each, respectively, packed in with several of the unwanted figures from the Tatooine Anakin case. Therefore, stores didn't put as much out (or get in as much of) those first two cases, creating a shortage that lasted for several months before those 6 figures could be found easily at retail. And while Ep. I allowed for us to find all the figures in one shot, TRU never got the Boba Fett/Female Tusken case, so many of us had to go to Target or KB the next day to find those figures (also packed along with the unwanted figs from the Tat. Anakin case).

Here's hoping the number of figures available the first night doesn't go past 24, and we collectors have a fair shot at them all this time. Ep. II seemed to cause too many problems in some stores with scalpers fighting collectors to get at the unneccessarily short-cased Yodas and Dookus.

jedi master sal
01-13-2005, 03:46 PM
I was just thinking the other day about this very question. I have gone back and tried to use TPM/AOTC as a guide, but it just varies so much. My guess is that the first 24 figures will all hit on day one at various places. The thing I can't figure out yet are the ships. I bet Obi's Jedi fighter will be released on the first day, but what about the ARC fighter? Or the Mustafar playset? As it stands right now I want about 16 or so of the first 24 figures. I also really want the Unleashed (Anakin, Obi and Greivious). And if they release the ARC Fighter, I'll get that and Obi's ship. That alone comes to about... $200.00!

$200.00? Is that all? Huh, I spent close to $700 for the AOTC toy release and $300 for the TPM release.

I'm not going to go bonkers this time. I'm only buying the rarer figs if that and maybe a ship or two. We should all learn from the past two movies that this stuff will be clogging stores for months and it's not going to be hard at all to find. No reason to rush out and buy everything. Sure it's nice to say you're the first kid on the block to get the stuff. But one, most of us are not kids anymore and two, everyone esle gets this stuff now too. So there's no real advantage to buying the stuff the first day. In fact I'm going to play this smart and deliberately wait for most of the figures to go on sale. (Barring Clonetroopers of course-can't stop teh army builder in me).

-Sal

cerius
01-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I've never purchased a figure during Midnight Madness and my collection is over 250 figures so far. I will probably go out this year, but my question is, how do you figure out which ones are going to be rare? I remember for EP1 that Yoda was very hard to find in the stores but I had no problem getting him in the Saga collection.

Kidhuman
01-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Anakin, Obi, and Padme all pegwarmed forever in AOTC. I am going straight foir Grievous and his bodygurtads and the clone troopers. Always snag the army builders, they sell out first.

jedimastergeorge
01-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks guys for your information. Its helps alot. so is it april 2nd or 3rd cause i heard the 3rd?
george

Fluke Skywalker
01-14-2005, 02:05 AM
$200.00? Is that all? Huh, I spent close to $700 for the AOTC toy release and $300 for the TPM release.

Yeah, I went nuts when AOTC opened too. I didn't really get into collecting full time until just before AOTC, so I assumed you had to rush out and get everything opening day. I plunked down $30 for the same Salve I I found marked down to $7.00 a year later. I plan on spending serious money, but I'm going to concentrate on the main characters this time. Last time I was buying every Jedi in sight and now I'm like "Do I really need a Nikkto Jedi?"