PDA

View Full Version : Star Cases

Bobby Fett
01-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Which Star cases, if any, fit the animated Clone Wars carded action Figures?

Thanks

bobafett07728
01-13-2005, 10:24 AM
I've never tried putting them in a Star Case so I'm not 100% sure. If you measure the cards dimensions, you can go to www.wholesalecases.com and find out. They have the dimensions for all there cases on the site. I found a lot of odd cases for various SW stuff in the Starting Lineup area, as well as the Star Wars section! Hope this is some help.

sith_killer_99
01-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Measuring the card won't do any good. These are the same size cards as the regular figures, but the bubble extends all the way over to the edge on one side, rendering star cases useless!!! :mad: Plus one corner is pointed.

This really made a lot of MOMC collectors mad last year when they first hit stores. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The only thing I can suggest is:

a. Modify a regular star case by cutting a section out to accomodate the bubble. Thus destroying any real protection the case provides. :rolleyes:

b. Purchase a custom acrylic case, which cost more than the figure itself. Too expensive, these just aren't worth that much to protect. :rolleyes:

c. Beg Protech to design a Star Case that will fit these 18 little figures. Probably never happen, since there just isn't enough money in it for Protech.

Sorry :(

InsaneJediGirl
01-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Getting a Star Case then a few extras to cut up and place along the peaks would probably be the best way to go.Not the most attractive way to display,but at least the cards wouldnt get all bent.

I suppose if you are handy one could buy some plexiglass at Lowes or something and use the aquarium glue to hold it in place.Use some type of clamp for the top to acess the figures.Probably be best to make one that would fit the figures for each wave though

Fluke Skywalker
01-14-2005, 02:36 AM
I have been thinking the same thing about the upcomming ROTS figures. No way those fit in a Star case/ Star case 2. 'Sigh' I hope Protech has some design in the works for both, though I don't know if they're are enough CW figures out there to justify a whole line. :mad:

sith_killer_99
01-14-2005, 04:33 AM
I will go out on a limb and say that Protech will probably design a line of cases for the odd new packaging Hasbro chose to use for ROTS.

InsaneJediGirl
01-14-2005, 10:50 PM
I'm sure someone will,considering the line is more than 18 figures and the demand will be out for some cases.Wondering how fast they will be coming up for sale though,probably not til after the ROTS figures are released?