PDA

View Full Version : Alias

OC47150
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Any Alias fans out there?

The two-hour premiere wasn't the best (although it did pick up after Marshall showed up). You'd think for a show that hasn't been on for six months the premiere could've been better. ABC made a mistake by not re-broadcasting last season's finale the prior week. It would've helped.

Last night's (1-12) show was good. If the quality of writing can be sustained the entire season, it deserves renewal.

JediTricks
01-13-2005, 08:40 PM
You are so right about not airing the season 3 finale before showing the premiere, I felt so confused, so half-connected. And then the ep was flat, it felt so much like the other 2-hour eps, substituting action and "changing what you know" for creative writing. I saw the surprise ending coming a mile off too, that's never a good sign.

Last night's ep was good except that I didn't like how Jack Bristow dealt with Nadia learning about her mother's killer, that felt a little too fake. It's also a little irritating how everybody in the CIA can get halfway around the world in under 3 hours, might as well have just sent Jack & Nadia along to do their interview in the field (plus would have set up Jack's switcheroo at the end as more intented since he had it on him all along).

With Jennifer Garner hurting her back (nerve damage from a stunt on the show), I suspect one way or another this series is looking down the barrel of a gun it can't avoid.

OC47150
01-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Moving it to Wednesday nights after Lost (another good show) was the best thing that's happened to Alias.

Like most shows, there's an outstanding episode and then there's two or three crappy ones before the next good one. Alias falls into this trap a lot.

I read an article that the Rimbaldi stuff is going to slowly disappear from the storyline. One word: Good. It's dominated the storyline for too long.

It's great to see Dixon back in action. Having him behind a desk in season 3 was a waste.

OC47150
01-20-2005, 08:35 AM
One word to describe last night's (1-19) episode: yawn. I actually fell asleep during it.

So much for two good episodes in a row.

Now next week's show looks promising.

JediTricks
01-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Wednesday's episode really didn't do much, I guess it was a Vaughn character vehicle but the minute they were talking about making that a non-tactical mission, I knew it was going to be an issue, they shouldn't telegraph it so badly. And then the whole thing just felt so cheap and pedestrian.

OC47150
01-24-2005, 08:56 AM
It had great potential with that freezing virus but the setup was all wrong.

JediTricks
01-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Yeah, exactly how I felt, the virus could have been something REALLY big but then to shrink it down to just these 2 people in this hospital that could have been ANYWHERE?!? What a disappointment, a real waste.

OC47150
01-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Tonight's episode reminds me of that old X-Files episode where Mulder and Scully go undercover in suburbia. Rob and Laura Petry.

OC47150
01-27-2005, 08:40 AM
Now that was the best episode EVER! Let's hope that type of quality will remain for the rest of the season.

DarthQuack
01-28-2005, 12:26 AM
I just started watching this show this season beginngin with the season premiere and I think it's such a great show, I'm already addicted!!

OC47150
01-28-2005, 08:06 AM
At least you didn't suffer through season 3, like the rest of us, DQ.

Hellboy
02-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I've watched Alias from the beginning and even though I'm a couple of episodes behind in my viewing this season I must say I've been really disappointed with the direction this show has taken. I understand the show is trying, and apparently succeeding, in gaining new viewers now that it's time slot has been moved but the episodes feel dumbed down. Lets get back to the more serialized format and conspiracy style episodes that made this show great in the first place and change the intro back to the old style while they're at it.

OC47150
02-28-2005, 08:09 AM
I agree with you, Hellboy. The episodes are too nice and neat, and everything wraps up in an hour's time.

OC47150
03-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Something is lacking from this season of Alias. We're still watching but if we miss an episode, it's no big deal.

And the blasted thing is, at home, we can't figure out what's missing! It's like JAG this season. We still watch but it's like 'who cares?'

Hellboy
03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah unfortunately the series still hasn't changed much. It was nice to see the return of Sark and for a while there I was thinking the show was going to get interesting again but then it was back to the same old tired plot lines like, is Sloan good or bad and Nadia this Nadia that boo hoo tripe. Its pretty sad when the high point of this season is the mere return of an old villain. I'll give this series until the end of the season to turn around and if it doesn't I'll admit it has officially "jumped the shark" and bail.

OC47150
03-28-2005, 03:40 PM
We missed the episode two weeks ago (bad tape in the VCR) but no big loss.

We've been taping it and watching it on the weekends. American Idol is on at the same time and AI is just more intriguing.

I will say the episode with Syd buried alive does look good.

JediTricks
03-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Something is lacking from this season of Alias. We're still watching but if we miss an episode, it's no big deal.

And the blasted thing is, at home, we can't figure out what's missing! It's like JAG this season. We still watch but it's like 'who cares?'Part of what's wrong with JAG is that Harm is barely in it this season. They have destroyed the character feel, Mac is a little weird, Harm is barely there, the Admiral is gone, it's just all over the map.

As for Alias, I think the problem is simply that it's becoming very formula, we're back to the same dynamic as when the show started except for the very boring new sister and the fact that the girls are dating Vaughn & Weiss. The missions are pretty much all the same and it's just not as exciting even when the characters are in mortal danger. Jack is the only one who is still fun to watch because he's so tighly wound and yet such an effective badarse, but he's barely in it at all.

OC47150
03-29-2005, 08:00 AM
With DJ Elliott leaving JAG at the end of this season (that's why he hasn't been in it much since the holidays) and it being down in the ratings, JAG has a good shot of not being renewed.

Last season, when the Admiral retired, would've been the perfect end for the show.

Marshall makes Alias fun. On the two-hour premiere, when the team brought him back, that was the highlight of the show.

JediTricks
03-29-2005, 05:25 PM
I didn't realize DJE was leaving JAG, that explains why they're trying to hook up Mac with this new younger jerk guy - bad plotline! :p

Marshall is a great piece of Alias, when he did "My name is Marshall J Flinkman, I'm here to rescue you" to Syd, that was the ultimate moment. :D

OC47150
03-30-2005, 08:02 AM
I didn't realize DJE was leaving JAG, that explains why they're trying to hook up Mac with this new younger jerk guy - bad plotline! :p

Marshall is a great piece of Alias, when he did "My name is Marshall J Flinkman, I'm here to rescue you" to Syd, that was the ultimate moment. :D

It was announced in January. DJE had already signed a development contract with ABC.

Here's my theory on how the show is going to get rid of Harm: Maddie, his former guardian kid, is in the hospital, severely injured. She will recover but will need rehab and constant care. Something will happen to her dad where he won't be able to care for Maddie anymore, so Harm will have to step back in. Harm will leave the service permamently to take care of her.

It leaves it open for DJE to come back if something doesn't work out, if JAG is renewed.

That was Marshall's defining moment!

JediTricks
03-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Last night's ep of Alias was good, but I wanted Marshall to be more than just a plot device in the middle where it got thin, luckily he made a decent comeback by the end. The spork thing was funny but didn't work as a plot device for 2 reasons: 1) how could Jack Bristow (the REAL Jack Bristow ;)) not know what a spork is? 2) Why would a rich terrorist/club owner have a plastic spork in his desk?

OC, I hope you're not right about that Maddie theory because it rings SO accurate to last week's episode, right down to her father back on the sauce. They'd need a more convincing reason for Harm to leave JAG than that IMO, like Harm taking a teaching position at Navy flight school or something - nothing will really work but that'd be less obvious than what they're going for apparently. And DJE should know better than to sign contracts with ABC, they're notorious for not supporting new shows (not as bad as Fox, but almost).

OC47150
04-01-2005, 07:44 AM
I found a JAG site on the 'net that had the upcoming episodes listed. DJE will play a more prominent role in one or two episodes.

The final episode sets JAG up for next season, if it's renewed. I can tell you, if it won't ruin it for you.

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Sure, spoil away. :)

OC47150
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Mac gets transferred/reassigned to San Diego. The show may be set in San Diego from then on.

The episode review didn't hint as to what might happen with the others.

JediTricks
04-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Puke, that plays right into the recent JAG: San Diego episode which totally stunk. I think this show has finally outlived its entertainment value.

OC47150
04-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Got around to watching both last week's Alias and JAG.

Alias was the best episode all season. Too bad that caliber of writing and acting can't be in every episode. And it was good to see Marshall out in the field.

Minus the Mattie segments, JAG was one of the better episodes in a long time. Good mix of action and courtroom.

OC47150
04-05-2005, 07:18 AM
We don't have to worry about JAG:San Diego. Headline News reported JAG's been canceled. The last episode is April 29.

The producer admits the ratings are down, but hey, after 10 years, it's had a good run.

Hellboy
04-05-2005, 05:33 PM
Wow JAG has been around for that long? I never got into the show but that is a good run by any standard. I remember catching one of the first episodes and they borrowed footage from Clear and Present Danger. It was the scene where the Suburban trucks were ambushed, I really hate it when shows do that so I never gave the series another chance.

I'm still behind on my viewing of Alias, about 3 episodes now. I'm going to try and catch up by this weekend but the show has been so weak lately that I haven't felt motivated to watch them. I am encouraged by your comments though OC, hopefully I enjoy the episode you're refering to. :neutral:

JediTricks
04-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I saw the news about JAG being canned this morning, I can't say I'm surprised, the writing has just taken a real downhill turn lately, and the Friday deathslot can't be helping ratings much. I wonder if this 2nd cancellation will stick. ;) (JAG started on NBC, was canned after a very short time and CBS picked it up and ran it for 9 years, ha ha on NBC once again, they made the same mistake with Baywatch).

Hellboy, JAG occasionally used extra footage from other films like Top Gun and such to help keep costs down, but that one from Clear & Present Danger was easily the worst use I've ever seen.

OC47150
04-06-2005, 08:22 AM
JAG's had a good run.

Last week's episode (where Vukovic goes to Iraq) used a lot of Defense Department/news footage of Iraq fighting, more than usual.

Alias looks good tonight. I'll tape it and watch it over the weekend. I watch it with my mom and she's out of town right now. Besides, American Idol is on at the same time.

OC47150
04-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Last night's episode was good. The one character (trying to be spoiler free :D ) going rogue was an interesting twist.

JediTricks
04-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I wasn't sure what was going on with Joel Gray at the end, was he pretending to be Sloane or was he Sloane's brother or what? It was an interesting twist. Vaughn's story was ok but a little obvious from the get-go, I saw the "big twist" coming a mile off. I am curious what happened to the Rimbaldi book, I wish there had been mention of that. Jack needs more to do, he's the best and if they kill him off I will not be interested in the show anymore, his actions in last week's ep were so awesome that I would watch a Jack Bristow spin-off, just take Jack and Marshall... bwah ha ha, I just took the 2 best characters on the show and made them their own series! :evil:

OC47150
04-17-2005, 03:10 PM
I wasn't sure what was going on with Joel Gray at the end, was he pretending to be Sloane or was he Sloane's brother or what? It was an interesting twist. Vaughn's story was ok but a little obvious from the get-go, I saw the "big twist" coming a mile off. I am curious what happened to the Rimbaldi book, I wish there had been mention of that. Jack needs more to do, he's the best and if they kill him off I will not be interested in the show anymore, his actions in last week's ep were so awesome that I would watch a Jack Bristow spin-off, just take Jack and Marshall... bwah ha ha, I just took the 2 best characters on the show and made them their own series! :evil:

I'd watch!

I think Joel Gray was Slone's brother.

Gotta remember to set the VCR this week.

OC47150
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Just had a hard problem visioning Lenny as a doctor.

(OK, for those who weren't born and don't remember Laverne and Shirley, Michael McKean was Lenny of Lenny and Squiggy).

Missed last week's episode due to C3. No one taped it either. Nuts!

JediTricks
04-29-2005, 04:19 AM
Did not like that ep much, especially with Dixon NOT killing his buddy, that was bunk. No pickup from what happened on the fake Sloane storyline from last week at all, hated that. Jack scratching his palm out, that was NASTY! Next week's ep better save Jack, he still rules this show. So, was the woman who ran the orphanage where Nadia grew up actually her aunt in disguise?

OC47150
04-29-2005, 08:02 AM
Since I missed last week's episode, I'm not sure. And I dozed off at the part where Dixon 'shot' his buddy.

Yeah, Jack digging at his hand was nasty.

Hellboy
05-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I caught up on my viewing this weekend and must admit the show has improved considerably since the beginning of this season but it still has some pretty glaring issues.

Not to sure why the whole "Arvin Clone" (to quote Marshall lol ) situation wasn't touched on last week like you said JT. The group acted as if the whole thing didn't even happen and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't that episode end with the discovery of that Rimbaldi device and Nadia staring at what seemed to be a newly obsessed Sloane, WTF?

I agree Dixon's friend surviving last week was definitely a stretch. You'd at least think the other guys in the group would have popped a few extra caps into him just to be sure. I also don't like this new Aunt sub-plot at all. I mean can we please create some storylines that don't involve the Bristow/Derevko family? Next thing you know we'll be seeing Sydney's long lost brother show up or maybe Jack's twin brother who supposedly died years ago resurfaces and Sydney discovers she has an Uncle she never knew about. :rolleyes:

And damn if I wasn't eating a Hot Pocket when Jack started scratching his hand.
Bleecch :p

JediTricks
05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
And damn if I wasn't eating a Hot Pocket when Jack started scratching his hand.
Bleecch :pNo kidding! I was on the phone watching it with my sister and she had just gotten a snack, and I was about to eat my dinner, I wonder how many other people got food ruined by that shot! :D

OC47150
05-05-2005, 09:32 AM
So Dr. Lenny was all a figment of Jack's imagination? Hmmm.

Jack reminded me of a crack addict in the warehouse where he was shooting up with the chemical.

And he started to make out with Sydney when she was acting like her mother, that would've creeped me out!

JediTricks
05-06-2005, 06:32 PM
I thought this was a pretty good ep for a non-action character-driven Alias, I felt very drawn in. I still think having Helena there is a tad over the top, and listening in on the necklace mic is pretty cheap, but at least it's handled well. I really REALLY hope Jack makes a full recovery.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Headline News had a bit during its entertainment report this morning that JG may be pregnant and how it will affect next year's Alias. Nothing confirmed yet.

A pregnancy would be a pretty hard thing to hide when you're in 75 - 80 percent of scenes and kicking *** all the time.

Hellboy
05-09-2005, 03:10 PM
I thought this was a pretty good ep for a non-action character-driven Alias, I felt very drawn in. I still think having Helena there is a tad over the top, and listening in on the necklace mic is pretty cheap, but at least it's handled well. I really REALLY hope Jack makes a full recovery.

I totally agree. The more Jack the better as far as I'm concerned and the longer this Helena storyline plays out the worse off the series will be IMO. Move along.

I heard the news last week about Jennifer's supposed pregnancy and immediately wondered how the show would handle it. If I had to guess they'll probably switch the focus to Nadia and develop some plotline that forces Sydney to be out of commission for awhile.

OC47150
05-09-2005, 03:15 PM
One of the entertainment sources mentioned that Syd did have her eggs frozen last season, remember? That's one way to work the alleged pregnancy into the storyline.

JediTricks
05-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Nadia IMO has been nothing but a liability since she joined the cast, she too often seems inept and helpless, so I really hope they don't focus on her. I'd love for next season to focus on Jack, Marshall, Sloane, Dixon, and Jack ;) while Jennifer Garner takes maternity leave, get down to some interesting spy stuff while Sydney's away.

OC47150
05-10-2005, 07:59 AM
The male version of Alias! I like that idea.

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, last night cleared up the Arvin Clone situation, I was shocked at how neatly not only Jack's recovery was going but how neatly the Clone thing was dealt with, it felt a bit like a rip-off but was handled pretty well and despite my disliking the "same brain" plot device I felt very engauged. I wish we had gotten more out of Marvin Sloane there, more interplay with Syd and Dixon and Jack, but it was a taut ep already and probably wouldn't have fit in. One thing I definitely would have changed, WMD Orchid or not, having all these badarse CIA types talking about getting flowers sounded really silly. :D

OC47150
05-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Alias has been renewed, ABC announced this morning, but it's moving to Thursdays. I'll have to tape it if it's up head-to-head with Survivor. Survivor has more drama than Alias.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 09:24 PM
HA! And NBC thought they were doomed when it was just CSI as the competition! :D Still, CBS has a very strong lineup and ABC doesn't for Thursdays, Alias better not become a homicide victim of ABC's bad scheduling.

OC47150
05-18-2005, 08:15 AM
I think Alias is going to have a tough time of it next season. Survivor is coming off one of its strongest seasons in a long time, and CSI is such a powerhouse. Must See TV is Thursday night's on CBS.

JediTricks
05-20-2005, 03:21 AM
Well, that was a pretty good ep, I was a bit bothered that Sloane falls through that glass floor and falls pretty far down, yet the very next scene he's right as rain. As for the deus ex machina about Syd's mom, made better sense than Francie. ;)

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Ok, last night's ep was... AWESOME!!! (and then that last tacked-on scene at the end which did nothing at all except feel like a total left-turn, but I'm not counting that because the other 58 minutes blew my mind.) The zombie thing was pretty silly but played out pretty well for a CIA-themed show, the evil plot was done with just the right touches so it felt less silly than a modern 007 movie, Nadia's role seemed to be more of the same but it did what it had to, Irina totally was worth the return and her dispatching of her sister was a great touch, Vaughn was his usual nigh-pointless self but at least he was mildly helpful, Syd did her usual good work (though this is a little redundant lately), Marshall and Weiss were fun, Sloane totally pulled out all the stops, and Jack... well, Jack was so great that I replayed his big scene with Elena. :D "I should have some more fun", that was so awesome, he truly rules this show, I couldn't believe how well that worked out but it felt so right, he really is the master intimidator. Sloane's solution was just amazing, no hesitation, just did what he knew to do and took the calculated risk, a surprising character arc really but not in an unnatural way.

More than ever, this cast felt right on target and could easily hold a great show without the main star for a while, Jack's torment of Elena should be a weekly thing, there is nothing more sinister in the name of good of the world than Jack Bristow really enjoying his work.

OC47150
05-29-2005, 02:01 PM
I disagree, Jedi Tricks. Alias has jumped the shark.

Zombies? C'mon, everyone knows you kill a zombie by shooting it in the head! I'm surprised Marshall didn't provide that little tidbit to them. I was just waiting for a George Romero reference to be made.

The season has been too up and down. The only memorable ep for me was when Marshall went into the field.

Hellboy
06-01-2005, 07:29 PM
I finished watching the last 3 episodes the other night and its actually the most fun I've had watching this inconsistent series all season. :cool:

Being a fan of horror, especially a fan of z:Ogre:mbies, I was pretty excited and surprised when they turned up. I was kind of hoping they would play a larger role in the overall scenario but I thought they were pretty cool considering their screen time was mostly limited to the 5 mins before the show's intro.

I've been having a hard time excepting this whole new black-ops division and the way they all so coveniently ended up working together again but this new setting and their roles in it finally started working, at least in my eyes. I agree with your comments about the cast feeling like they were right on target JT. For the first time this season they all actually seemed to play well off each other and it felt quite natural. Especially Irina's return, which was handled well and the chemistry between her and Jack were some of the stronger moments in the finale, especially the Elena torture scene.

Not to sure how I feel about the ending though. It felt a bit to much like a forced cliffhanger but I will admit it surpised me and I jumped when that Jeep slammed into them. The most interesting thing was Vaughn's admission he's been using an Alias -"my real name is not Michael Vaughn." And why does only Irina seem to know his secret? It left me intrigued to say the least, so as far as a series finale goes I suppose it did its job well in giving me something to look forward to next season. :)

JediTricks
06-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Season finale, not series finale. :eek:

Like I said, the very last part of the season finale felt really out of place and almost Melrose Place-like to me... uh, not that I'd know what Melrose Place was like or anything. *waves hand* "You won't remember that JT just admitted he has seen Melrose Place." My first thought was actually whether this was an intentional hit, to keep Vaughn from spilling those beans. I figure Irina would know about his background if it had something to do with his father, since she did kill his father, maybe his father was another sleeper agent like Irina or something.

Hellboy
06-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Oops, I did say series didn't I, I meant to say season. :o

Vaughn did say it wasn't a coincidence that he was assigned to be Sydney's handler when she was working for SD-6 so I suppose its possible he was initially using her as a way to get to Irina and in the process unintentionally fell in love. Its just a guess but we've already seen the lenghts hes willing to go to when it comes to his father so I don't think it would be a stretch to assume this. He probably figured if he ever told Sydney the truth she wouldn't be able to trust his motives as far as their relationship goes. Not to sure why he'd need to use an Alias though.

Considering the timing of the accident my first thought was that it was an intentional hit as well but regardless it sure opened the door for Sydney to be out of commission for the begininng of next season. I'm sure Jennifer Garner's pregnency didn't even factor into this plotline at all. :rolleyes:

Phantom-like Menace
05-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I didn't figure I would have to go so far back to find Alias in this forum, but we had a pretty active Alias thread on SWC, so I thought I would post thoughts about the series finale. Yep, I pressed the DVR button and there it was, two days earlier than I expected.

Kind of spoiler laden and in my usual word-salad delivery:

I think this was the first episode of this season that I absolutely liked without reservation. I was very pleased that they were able to bring Marshall's wife back into the mix. It was also nice to see Francie if even for only a moment. I'm surprised we didn't see Will and Erik, though they did make appearances this season. A favorite moment: "You beat death, Arvin, but you couldn't beat me," though I also liked, "Don't look at me. You're the one who let him go." It was nice to see everyone having something to do. I suppose I should have expected the fast forward to the future, and I assume no one was allowed to be surprised that Isabelle put the puzzle together.

Otherwise, the flashbacks were nice additions and filled in some background pretty well. I even didn't mind the Rambaldi stuff, which the show usually focused on too much if you ask me.

I'm going to miss seeing the attractive Jennifer Garner every week, and I was even more pleased that this last season allowed the weekly appearance of Amy Acker that I have been missing since Angel was axed far too soon. It was a good show, and it's too bad it's gone.

JediTricks
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
I found the ep satisfying and fun in the moment, but the second I started thinking about it the plot holes really piled up.

Jack's death was kinda a bummer, I know the guy can't live forever, but I wanted him to anyway - still, at least he went out like a total badass.

I was expecting more from the Rimbaldi crap after all this, I'll go into that later tho'.

Funny how they got the "spying" part of the show out of the way early on so they could concentrate on dealing with all the rest of the stuff.

Sark's the best, he gave it up after 1 shot and it wasn't even a doublecross. :D

Irina's death felt like they were aping the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

You think Vaughn & Syd live on an island where there's nobody else, or are they just in an out-of-the-way normal location?

Phantom-like Menace
05-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I was wondering about where Syd and Vaughn lived too. I like to think the CIA was nice enough to send them to some small desserted island where no one could bother them . . . except the CIA when they need little jobs done. No rest for the weary.

I also forgot one other great line. "That was the coolest thing I've ever seen! No, really! I mean, that was, like, Empire Strikes Back cool!"

JediTricks
05-24-2006, 03:15 AM
I was *soooo* sure that Marshall was gonna eat it too, that worked out well and gave us a new line. :D

OC47150
05-24-2006, 08:48 AM
No Grandpa Jack kinda bummed me out, too, but Slone in purgatory for eternity was a nice trade-off.

Season 5 was very satisfying, especially compared to seasons 3 and 4, but it was too little, too late.

I liked Tom's character. Too bad he died; I could see him and Rachel having their own show.

Marshall's wife coming to the rescue was cool.

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Old news I know but I've been away for awhile and figured I'd chime in on the finale.

Overall I thought it did a pretty good job of tying up the loose ends. I do agree the Rimbaldi plotline didn't quite measure up to my expectations either considering the amount of time the series had invested in it but I still enjoyed what we got.

The amount of character deaths was rather shocking but I didn't mind since afterall this was the series finale and each was handled quite well. Jack is indeed a badass (easily one of my favorite television characters ever) and he went out on his own terms which felt appropriate. It was also nice to see Sloan get his comeuppance when all was said and done.

Its to bad we don't have another Spy drama to fill the hole that Alias has left. I'll certainly miss this show.

Kidhuman
01-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Ok, I have been watching this show in reruns, they got too the point of where Sidney went to a bank and found some documents that her dad had something to do with her getting into the CIA and all. Then they stopped it. What season came after that so I can go buy it and watch the damn end of the show

Mad Slanted Powers
01-05-2007, 01:32 AM
So much happened and changed in that show that I couldn't begin to remember. However, thanks to the internet, I believe that was this episode (http://www.alias-tv.com/s3e22.html), the season three finale. That site seems to have pretty good detailed descriptions of each show.

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Perfect, that was the episode, thank you. So I have to start with Season 4 and then after that season 5 is the shortened one correct?

OC47150
01-05-2007, 08:38 AM
That is correct.

You'll be very pleased with Season 5. Far better than retched #3 and so-so #4. Too bad those two seasons couldn't be a bad dream.

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
I thought season 3 was ok, I havent seen any of season 4 yet. I got so pi55ed when they went back to season 1 because it got interesting.

OC47150
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Having the storyline jump ahead two years in #3 wasn't the best idea.

When you watch #5, you'll enjoy it. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I thought hte story jump helped the show alot actually. They kind of reached an end with Sloane, Sark and the whole SD6 situation. Watching season 3 unfold actually was pretty good. Seeing all the people change and change again was cool. I just wanna see season 4 so I can see what the hell Jack did to Sidney and what those papers meant