PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Scout Trooper

Bobby Fett
01-13-2005, 10:02 PM
Is the POTJ line the only one that has the dirty scout trooper?

I've heard rumors that the OTC, POTC and Battlefront scout troopers also came in a dirty version, but I don't recall seeing photos of any of these.

Slicker
01-13-2005, 11:05 PM
As far as I know the POTJ one was the only dirty one made and at that I think it was the first issue and was tough to get.

I've got a dirty joke to tell: A Scout Trooper rolled in the mud.lol

Kidhuman
01-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Yes the dirty Scout is/was HTF. I got one via collection sell off. It was only i nthe POTJ line. I thought the OTC was going to have it as well, but it didnt. Early Checklists had 2 biker scouts on it, so rumor was both were coming out.

Bobby Fett
01-14-2005, 12:03 AM
I've got a dirty joke to tell: A Scout Trooper rolled in the mud.lol

Don't quit your day job! :D

Reefer Shark
01-14-2005, 04:26 PM
And here I always thought the clean POTJ scout was the HTF one. I remember seeing quite a few dirty ones on the shelves, but no clean ones.

You can also get a dirty scout in the Target exclusive accessory set, but I think they screwed that one up and assembled the mid-section backwards.

Ji'dai
01-14-2005, 04:36 PM
And here I always thought the clean POTJ scout was the HTF one. I remember seeing quite a few dirty ones on the shelves, but no clean ones.

You can also get a dirty scout in the Target exclusive accessory set, but I think they screwed that one up and assembled the mid-section backwards.

Same here. I only found one clean POTJ Scout, but several dirty ones. I have yet to see a dirty OTC version, but then again I only saw one OTC Scout at retail. The two or three POTC Scouts I've seen so far were all clean ones.

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 10:40 PM
Actually it was the clean one that was HTF. I have a ton of dirty ones. My apologies for slipping up there.

Reefer Shark
01-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Don't feel bad KH, I'm confused almost all day. But somehow my brain snaps out of it when I'm working lol

Kidhuman
01-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Don't feel bad KH, I'm confused almost all day. But somehow my brain snaps out of it when I'm working lol

You're the Lucky one then. :D

sith_killer_99
01-16-2005, 09:26 AM
I stopped by one of the local dealers yeasterday and found both Scout Troopers on POTJ cards for $14.00 each, despite the fact that the clean was so much harder to find. :confused:

I actually lucked out when these hit. I was living in Hawaii and a local Wal-Mart got tons of the clean Scouts, I ended up buying about 2 dozen for trades. I would go there and buy about half of the ones hanging on the pegs. First time there were about 10, so I bought 5 and left the rest for other collectors, then a few days later I went back and bought a few more, on and on for about 2 weeks. I ended up with a lot of good trades because of that Scout. :D

Darkross
01-22-2005, 09:18 AM
I found at least 10 of the Dirty ones on pegs at retail prices...but only found 3 of the clean ones. I passed on buying 2 more clean ones in favor of one dirty one at a Comic shop...since I thought the dirty one was going to be harder to find. I remember TRU up here in Canada had the clean ones for $11.99 way back when that was way too much for a fig...so I passed on them. I was able to snag 3 more clean ones from a collection sell-off and then waited until the OTC collection came out and found 8 at retail... So now I have 11 dirty and 14 clean scouts. Still looking for 10 more clean scouts and 1 dirty one. My magic numbers in army builders are 12 of each, except when it comes to Stormtroopers and Clean Scout Troopers.