PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyer Toy

plo koon 200
01-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Who thinks this toy will become a reality next year. I think it will.

plo koon 200
01-14-2005, 12:22 AM
And, I think it will be bigger than that G.I. joe aircraft carrier from 1985!!!

Slicker
01-14-2005, 12:37 AM
The USS Flagg was just crazy bus large. But I just can't forsee Hasbro taking such a big gamble with this. They seemed very, very hesitant to make an Imperial Shuttle or Sandcrawler. They've seemed to shy away from playsets and want to go for the sure money by just making action figures and the occasional deluxe figure. It's sad but true.

JEDIpartner
01-14-2005, 07:59 AM
If they release anything... it would be a retooled one from 1981. With the possibility of the 500th figure Vader in Meditation Chamber looming, I don't think it's that likely. It seems redundant since that was the selling point of that playset to begin with.

Kidhuman
01-14-2005, 10:20 AM
I cant see it happening at all. It would be way too much money. The Royal Starship didnt sell that well and I dont think Hasbro wants another tank job on their hands with this.

tagmac
01-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Besides which, we already did (sort of) get a meditation chamber Vader in the Planet/figure sets from a few years ago. Although seeing as how the original Star Destroyer (along with the Cloud car) is the only vehicle left to re-release, I think that's about the only way we'll see the Star Destroyer in toy form.

For now, those of us lucky enough to find the Collector's Series Star Destroyer and Executor will have to settle for those (Still wish they'd have released the Mon Calamari Crusier as had been planned before they killed that series).

jedi master sal
01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
It is being done, but as an ERTL model, not a Hasbro toy.

Kyle Katarn
01-14-2005, 05:08 PM
I would like to see it but I think it would be very big.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't think it would be very good if it was scaled down. If we were to get anything from the Star Destroyers (probably only Executor), it should be in playset sections, but I'd still rather see the Death Star done first. Here's what could be done:
*Bridge with window and lower computer consoles and chairs. Mainly so Vader could look out into space.
*Meditation chamber (which is supposedly coming this summer). I'd like to see the part where he talks to Palpatine, maybe with a huge holographic head.
Really, I can't think of a whole lot else. And these sound boring. When showing your collection, you'd say, "Oh, and this is from that scene where they talk a long time and nothing happens." :D :crazed:

plo koon 200
01-15-2005, 05:30 AM
You guys have no sense of adventure. The USS flag is my all time favorite toy.

Come on, Hasbro has to do something really big for Star Wars this year. This is the last opportunity that they have. And, the Star Destroyer will be in ROTS, which gives them an excuse to make it.

Turbowars
01-15-2005, 06:14 PM
Keep dreaming.