PDA

View Full Version : IG-88, Aurra SIng and Stormie Unleashed pics

Kidhuman
01-15-2005, 12:17 AM
IG-088 looks awesome. I am getting one of these.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=30905

sith_killer_99
01-15-2005, 12:32 AM
These look OK, but I will have to wait to see 'em up close before I commit to buying them. IG-88 look to be the best out of the group. I was hoping the Stormtrooper would look better, maybe it's just the lighting. :Pirate:

Slicker
01-15-2005, 02:43 AM
This is by far the best Unleashed wave yet released. The IG-88 and Stormie look awesome. As for Aurra Sing.....well not a kind word from the peanut gallery so I'll keep it down. I'm gonna definitely buy the IG-88 and maybe the Stormtrooper.

Reefer Shark
01-15-2005, 12:22 PM
I think the whole wave looks awesome, including Aurra Sing.

I'll be buying all three. :smoker:

Rocketboy
01-15-2005, 04:21 PM
As for Aurra Sing.....well not a kind word from the peanut gallery so I'll keep it down.I'll say it - she sucks.
But the other two are freakin' sweet.

Turbowars
01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
They all look good to me. RS has pics of them in their packages and they now come with a free SW miniature figure from the lame game kids play.

Kyle Katarn
01-15-2005, 11:52 PM
I liked 3 of 'em, I hope I can get them.

Jayspawn
01-17-2005, 12:23 AM
Well said Rocketboy!!! Not to sound mean but I have NEVER liked Aurra Sing as a Star Wars character. She serves no real purpose and doesnt look all that cool anyways. The action figure a few years ago is pretty sweet but never deserved a 12" figure or an Unleashed. There, someone said it.

Now this is nothing against Michonne because she's a sweetheart and very pretty.

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-17-2005, 11:02 AM
The Stormtrooper and IG-88 look pretty cool, in the end Ill probably get 2 of each, one for display and one for open.........

Astromech
02-06-2005, 05:21 PM
When the hell are these things going to start showing up?
They had a release date of mid-Jan, then late Jan, then Feb 1st.
Is Hasbro tesing us? ;-)
That stormtrooper is going to be the one. The other two are more EU characters to me since they were only background characters in the movies and didn't get popular until the novels & comic books. I would have prefered a Lando or maybe an improved one from the catalog.
I hope when they re-release Vader they update the pose. The ESB pose is cool, but there is so much you can do with Vader!!

Where is the Gammorean Guard Unleashed?
Or the old Ben Kenobi?
Or the classic Princess Leia?
Or Hoth Han/Luke?
They can do better.

Turbowars
02-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah Old Obi would be awesome doing that spin with his saber when he's battling Vader. You know with his cloak flying in the air and with a saber thingy that Jedi Luke has. Then they could make Vader conect with him. Vaders cloak could be flying as well with his saber in both hands and arms over head. Man I have a great vision of that in my head. Damn it Hasbro you need to do better.

I do think the Stormy looks cool, but he's really not "UNLEASHED" as Sing and IG-88 are. I mean that's the point right? The Stormy should have had been getting hit with a blaster and been flying back in mid air with a nice big black blaster mark.

I still want the Scout being torn apart by Ewoks. You guys remember that drawing from a few years back right?

Astromech
02-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Has anyone actually seen these (in person)??

jedi master sal
02-07-2005, 06:22 PM
by these you mean "IG-88, Aurra Sing and Stormtrooper Unleashed" then yes. The picture that Steve used for his report on these (on the main page-where you can find out all kinds of useful info...) is mine. I got lucky and found two sets of them.

-Sal

Slicker
02-08-2005, 07:43 PM
Found all 3 of these at Target tonight. I picked up IG-88 and just walked in the door so haven't had a chance to open him. I'm gonna go back and get the Stormie maybe tomorrow.

Turbowars
02-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Did you hide the trooper?

Slicker
02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
No I didn't but if you want I can go back right now and pick it up for you, it's just up the road.:)

Turbowars
02-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Thanks, but I was just asking because if you didn't it probably wont be there tomorrow. Go get for your collection.

dr_evazan22
02-08-2005, 08:06 PM
I found all 3 Sun morning at my Target. Got the stormie and IG. Getting (all of )the 'flames' to attach to the base was a pain in the rear!

Slicker
02-08-2005, 08:12 PM
I just put mine together and had to make a little visit to the database. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out that they interconnected to each other. It was worth it though the figure looks fantastic.

EDIT: That stupid little Wizards of the Coast figure is well...uh....stupid. She looks like the Hobogoblin with her green skin and purple tights. Ugh!!!

bobafrett
02-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I do think the Stormy looks cool, but he's really not "UNLEASHED" as Sing and IG-88 are. I mean that's the point right? The Stormy should have had been getting hit with a blaster and been flying back in mid air with a nice big black blaster mark.

Are you kidding? Have you ever worn the Stormtrooper armor? It's very hard to get any type of unleashed pose in all that armor, let alone see where you are going. :D

I still want the Scout being torn apart by Ewoks. You guys remember that drawing from a few years back right?

Be nice, I know a few Scout troopers, and they were only doing their job, when they were attacked by those stupid little Ewoks.

Old Fossil
02-09-2005, 02:50 PM
I found this wave last night at Wal-Mart. I couldn't believe it, since we here in the Deep South usually get new stuff only after Albania and everyone else. I bought Aurra Sing and IG-88, to go with Bossk and Boba Fett. The Stormtrooper looks mighty lame, at least in the package, so I left both of them. Reminded me too much of the old 'Epic Force' or whatever it was from a few years back... dull.

IG-88 is not as impressive as Bossk or Fett, but it's still a nice figure. Aurra Sing (whom I always liked!) is one of the most dynamic and striking of all the Unleashed figures so far... kudos to the design team on that one, Hasbro! The wreckage that makes the base is puzzling and frustrating to put together - the instructions ain't the clearest -- but the end result is a well-balanced work of art. Aurra is truly the best of the wave.

Now bring on Dengar!!!

bobafrett
02-12-2005, 02:11 AM
I got the wave at Target on Wednesday. I'm really impressed, but then I haven't opened them yet. I am waiting to see the set I get from E.E., but if it's like the last set I ordered through them, the edges on the cards were bent along one edge. The ones with the worst shape card get opened, the carded ones join the unleased collection on my bedroom wall.

AmanaMatt
02-12-2005, 07:13 PM
OK, I scored the IG-88 fig, and for my money, is defintely as nice as the other bounty hunters.

The cool thing with IG-88 is the 3 points of articulation: head and both shoulders....quite a lot for Unleashed. The paint deco on this fig is a-m-a-z-i-n-g, but that's just me!

I want Unleashed Dengar, 4-Lom and Zuckuss now.

Slicker
02-12-2005, 07:30 PM
At least someone else agrees with me. I think he's the best looking out of all of the Unleashed figs but that is strictly my own opinion which as we all know doesn't matter.

AmanaMatt
02-13-2005, 12:49 PM
If you are an IG-88 fan, the Unleashed will not disappoint. As for the others, I did not see the Stormtrooper and I was tempted on the 3rd....just picked up the Ig-88 one, though.

Slicker
02-13-2005, 02:48 PM
I can totally see where people would get upset with the Stormtrooper but personally I liked it and if I ever see it again I'll probably buy it. It's one that I've wanted for some time and if you think about it, how Unleashed did Stormies really get in the OT.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, i'm 2/3 for this wave. Got IG-88 yesterday and Aurra today, both at Targets. I'm very imrpessed with both thus far and IG looks AWESOME. No sign of the stormtrooper yet, but with the wave being packed 2 per case, i'll find one soon enough! :D

bobafrett
02-17-2005, 12:05 AM
I almost had a heart attack when I found not one, but all three of the unleashed figures. I must say that I'm not disappointed by any of these figures. I do wish there was more articulation, but otherwise I'm a fan of the Unleashed line.