View Full Version : Spoilers from the novelization of ROTS

Elliejabbapop
01-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Follow the link (spoilers!!!):
http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Revenge_of_the_Sith_Novelization_Summary

I can't believe I have already ruined the film for myself :eek:

plo koon 200
01-15-2005, 06:27 AM
There are still a few, REALLY, good surprises left, that I know about. You luckily did not read the novelization.

Elliejabbapop
01-15-2005, 06:40 AM
Actually plo I was referring to all the stuff I've read, unfortunately not just that :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't want to ruin the movie, so it looks like I won't be looking in the Spoilers section anymore. I want to have at least some surprises left!

plo koon 200
01-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Actually plo I was referring to all the stuff I've read, unfortunately not just that :(

Well, that goes for both of us. I am assuming you saw all the one's on MF.com! The last one was good one. At least we don't know much dialogue for this movie yet.

2-1B
01-16-2005, 04:37 AM
so did Anakin not force choke Padme ? the TFN report has no info on that and I would think such an important detail would be recalled.

I'll check that other link.

Slicker
01-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Caesar, according to a thread put up by KH about the script
SPOILER BELOW

Yes he does choke her out but doesn't kill her.

JEDIpartner
01-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Wow... definitely big stuff. I noticed the link wasn't working, so I am taking a moment to repost the link here (http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/Revenge_of_the_Sith_Novelization_Summary_88880.asp ).

Cheers!

The 'Xir
01-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I still don't know, I don't trust anything that comes from TFN, and although most of it is sound, I have little faith when the "writer" says stuff like, Padme lies on the floor unconcious, for reasons he right now can't remember? What the hell is that? Did he read the novel or not? Like I said most of it seems sound, and is probably just a great example of taking what's already known and doing a great job of putting 2 & 2 together! I highly doubt he's actually read it though!

plo koon 200
01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't remember every detail that I read in a book. The person reading it could not have been as biggest fan as us, or he may have had a very short timespan to read the book, thus making it so he couldn't focus on remembering details too much. But, not remembering that scene is strange. From all the spoiler reports written, that is my all time favorite Star Wars scene and I have not seen it on the screen.

The 'Xir
01-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't remember every detail that I read in a book.

Exactly my point! No, your not going to remember EVERY detail, but one as important as that? It's not the only thing that raised an eyebrow or two with me, I just said that it's stuff like that, that makes me leary. I just used that one 'cause it was the most ridiculous of all of them? Rumors are going around that she's unconcious because Anakin chokes her! If he had put something like that in there even knowing it was BS, it would make his overall outline more believeable than, "I can't seem to remember why, at this moment..."? :confused: ? :rolleyes: See, a statement like that just makes me raise the question whether they've read it all, or just feeding me a bunch of bullocks! :speech:

Sebulba_Fett
01-20-2005, 05:35 PM
Is anybody else as irritated about the possibility of Anaking force choking Padme as I am?

There was a day when the prequels were going to tell the story of a tragic hero. Anakin Skywalker was supposed to be this great person and warrior who through a series of unfortunate events succombs to the dark side of the force. And it takes his son's actions to return him the man the he once was.

Now I have always been a supporter of the prequels, but I am finding myself increasingly upset that the story is not unfolding as it should have. Instead of finding this great hero of the clone wars we are finding a character that I am going to have no sympathy for when he does fall to the dark side. TPM did show a very angelic and good little boy who did love his mother very much. But when we see him again in AOTC he is whiny and acts almost spoiled. He obsesses over Padme and she somehow falls for him too, even though he slaughters a whole tribe of people. (Most women I know would have found this a major turnoff.) Now if in ROTS he chokes the one woman he loves above anybody else it may be the final straw for me. There is absolutely no reason for this. In no fairy tale, either modern or old, does the "hero" ever "beat" his wife/girlfriend. There is no way for us to sympathize with this behavior. To top it off, its going to make Luke look really stupid when he claims that there is good in his father and he can help his father return to being the great man he once was. Do you think Luke would have been so willing to do this if somebody told him that his good ole dad killed/almost killed his mother?

The 'Xir
01-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Yeah it doesn't make much sense for someone who is suppossedly gonna go to hell and back to make a deal with the devil to save the woman he loves, just to then choke her! But as I said, it's one rumor out of thousands probably that are going around! :ermm: That's why I don't buy into any speculation, it's just fun until the movie comes out and we see it for ourselves then we can scream and holler either in Fav or against all we want! Can't wait!!! :D

Sith Lord 0498
01-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeah it doesn't make much sense for someone who is suppossedly gonna go to hell and back to make a deal with the devil to save the woman he loves, just to then choke her!

The way I'm seeing this is that Anakin Skywalker makes this "deal with the devil" to save Padme but the price for this "help" is falling to the Dark Side. By the time the three protagonists meet on Mustafar, Anakin has already fallen far. For all intents and purposes, Darth Vader chokes Padme--not Anakin.

Elliejabbapop
01-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Apparently he won't choke her, at least not kill her. New HEAVY spoiler posted originally on milleniumfalcon (sorry if you know already):

www.imdb.com/name/nm0159789/board/nest/15193226