PDA

View Full Version : VOTC Round 2?

Fluke Skywalker
01-16-2005, 03:33 AM
Sorry if this thread is redundant. A lot of people have speculated about whether or not Hasbro might revisit the VotC concept after RotS runs it's course. Even though the price was a bit high (Though since the basic figures are now $6.99, it's not as big a stretch) and the figures themselves were about 50/50 (Half great, half blah or bad) I would still love to see a second go round with 12 more figures (4 from each film). If Hasbro decided to do it again, what 12 figures from the vintage line would you like to see get the VotC treatment? Mine would be...

ANH
Tusken Raider
Greedo
R5-D4
Luke X-Wing gear

ESB
Snowtrooper
Han Solo Bespin Outfit
Luke Bespin Fatigues
Leia Hoth outfit

ROTJ
Bikerscout
Imperial Guard
Emperor Palpatine
Rebel Commando

evenflow
01-16-2005, 07:25 AM
ANH
Tusken Raider
Jawa
R5-D4
Luke X-Wing gear

ESB
Snowtrooper
Han Solo Bespin Outfit
Emperor Palpatine
Leia Hoth outfit

ROTJ
Yarna Da'l Gargan
Bikerscout
Royal Guard
Wicket

Rebo's_Guitarist
01-16-2005, 08:29 AM
If they do, they should release a VOTC playset, one from every movie.

ANH
Death Star

ESB
Hoth or Dagobah, cant decide

ROTJ
*All New Jabba's Sail Barge*

mericen
01-16-2005, 10:10 AM
ANH
1. Tusken Raider
2. R5-D4
3. Ponda Baba
4. Greedo

ESB
1. Luke Snowspeeder pilot
2. Leia Hoth outfit
3. 4-Lom
4. Zuckuss

ROTJ
1. Han in trench coat
2. Endor Rebel Soldier
3. Lando General Outfit
4. Admiral Ackbar

tagmac
01-16-2005, 10:13 AM
They need to at least complete the "Original 12" from the Vintage line if they re-visit the VOTC figures. With that in mind I'd like to see this lineup:

ANH
Tusken Raider
Jawa
Star Destroyer Commander
R5-D4

ESB
Snowtrooper
Hoth Han Solo (w/fur-lined hood up)
Hoth Luke Skywalker (w/cloth scarf hanging from hat)
Imperial Commander

ROTJ
Wicket W. Warrick
Emperor Palpatine
Bib Fortuna
Anakin Skywalker (Sebastian Shaw version)

sith_killer_99
01-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, let's see. The VOTC line had 2 perks, the cool vintage style packaging and the super articulated figures. For that reason alone I would have to say, stay away from droids, since it seems a waste of a super articulated figure and the cost really isn't worth it IMO. Sure R2-D2 and C-3PO were obvious choices the first time around since they were core characters. Unfortunatly, we are limited for the original ANH figures.

ANH
Death Squad Commander (Death Star Trooper)
Sand People
Stormtrooper re-release
R5-D4

ESB
Snowtrooper
Zuckuss
AT-AT Driver
General Veers (AT-AT Commander)

ROTJ
Scout Trooper
Imperial Commander
Royal Guard with removable cloth cape (Comic based style armor underneath!)
AT-ST Driver

Kyle Katarn
01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I would like to see:

ANH
Jawa
R5-D4
Greedo
Sand Trooper

ESB
Snowtrooper
4-LOM
Lobot
Lando Calrissian

ROTJ
Emperor Palpatine
Han Solo
Wicket
Royal Guard

Slicker
01-16-2005, 01:00 PM
ANH:
Death Squad Commander
Luke X-Wing
R5-D4
Jawa(s)

ESB:
Bossk
IG-88
Zuckuss
4-LOM
The last 2 have to be mis-named to get the right effect.

ROTJ:
Biker Scout
Endor Leia
Endor Han
Bib Fortuna

LTBasker
01-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Maybe there could also be a bonus 5th figure, like giving the vintage treatment to figures that never did show up but should've showed up in the vintage line?

ANH:
Imperial Officer
Death Squad Commander
R5-D4
Tusken Raider
(Possible Bonus 5th figure: Grand Moff Tarkin)

ESB:
Snowtrooper
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Zuckuss
4-Lom
(Possible Bonus 5th figure: Wedge Antilles)

ROTJ:
Gamorrean Guard
Bespin/Dagobah Luke (removeable jacket and belt like the VOTC ANH Luke)
Leia in Endor Gear (removable poncho and helmet)
Biker Scout
(Possible Bonus 5th figure: Luke in Endor Gear (removeable poncho and helmet))

DarkArtist
01-16-2005, 02:45 PM
The Vintage line was amazing the only downside I saw was the disgrace that was known as C-3PO.

SW

Han and Luke Stormtrooper two pack (vintage stormtrooper bodies)
Tatoonie Sandtrooper (vintage stormtrooper body)
Biggs Darklighter with removable helmet and maybe Dutch Vander body
Red Leader with removable helmet and dutch style body. Will be a major improvment over the horrible figure pack in with Red Leader's X-Wing

ESB

General Veers, (perhaps Hasbro could take a tip from Darklord's custom ????)
Dagobah Vader and Dagobah Luke two pack. (The Vader can be a remake of the recent vintage with the head of the POTJ Dagobah Vader. maybe this can be a two pack for a Dagobah Cave set ????? HINT HINT HINT

ROTJ

Jedi Luke Final Duel ( all the ideas that have surfaced from all the forums combined plus the vintage style would make this figure a sellout.)
Slave Leia ( This is the time for Hasbro to finally give a chance to create the ultimate diorama's and hidden scences in ROTJ that were never able to do before.)
Rebel disguised as a Biker Scout (nuff said)

And since we are on the topic of vintage style how about Vintage PREQUEL)

TPM
Qui Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Obi Wan Kenobi

AOTC
Jango Fett
Anakin Skywalker
Padme Amidala

ROTS
well it's too early too see what can be done in a vintage style but it is a safe bet to plan on the main characters first and then secondary to follow

JON9000
01-16-2005, 04:22 PM
The only ones I would be interested in paying all that money for are:

Bespin Han
Luke Jedi

I think the VOTC line was a let down. Only Han, Chewie, Stormie, and Boba Fett really made the grade. I love articulation.

sith_killer_99
01-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Are we sticking to the original figures that were released on original Star Wars, ESB and ROTJ cards?

I noticed a lot of figures on some lists that were either never released on certain cards or were never even released in the vintage line?!?! :confused: How can these be reproduced if they were never on vintage cards to begin with?!?! :crazed:

Slicker
01-16-2005, 06:48 PM
I went with what originally came on the specific cards but I too noticed some had figures that never came on that card such as I think I saw someone with Anakin Skywalker on a ROTJ card even though he only came on the POTF and some have ones that were never released.

Fluke Skywalker
01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Since Hasbro chose to only update figures that had been released in the original line, I just decided to stick with that. But, there are a lot of really good ideas in here that don't fit within that.

Including a bonus fifth figure of an OT character that was never produced in the Kenner line would be neat. And a PT based line with a Vintage look would be cool too.

The one thing I've noticed is that once you get through about 24 figures (If you limit yourself to those from the original Kenner run) the well sorta dries up quite a bit.

tagmac
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
ESB
Snowtrooper
4-LOM
Lobot
Lando Calrissian

Lando was already released in the first ESB set.

ROTJ:
Gamorrean Guard
Bespin/Dagobah Luke (removeable jacket and belt like the VOTC ANH Luke)
Leia in Endor Gear (removable poncho and helmet)
Biker Scout
(Possible Bonus 5th figure: Luke in Endor Gear (removeable poncho and helmet))

Unless you're getting technical about the removable helmet, Endor Luke did appear in the final POTJ wave. Personally, I think Slave Leia would be a better figure for this one.

TheDarthVader
01-16-2005, 10:38 PM
The only ones I would be interested in paying all that money for are:

Bespin Han
Luke Jedi

I think the VOTC line was a let down. Only Han, Chewie, Stormie, and Boba Fett really made the grade. I love articulation.

What about Darth Vader? I thought he was awesome!

B.
TDV

jjreason
01-17-2005, 12:10 AM
I wouldn't even mind getting some of these already released figures on some different cards. Boba Fett and Chewie could come out on their ROJ cards (which were very cool). Vader on ANH card, Stormie on any of them to fill in a gap. For new figures, I'd go again with core characters. Seems like we could do with about 3 more waves from ESB, but I'm super-biased.......

ANH - Darth Vader recard, Stormtrooper recard, Luke X-Wing Pilot,

ESB - Han Hoth, Luke Hoth, Leia Hoth, Snowtrooper
Han Bespin, Luke Bespin, Leia Bespin, IG88
Bossk, Zuckuss (4LOM), 4LOM (Zuckuss), Dengar

ROJ - Luke Jedi Knight, Fett recard, Han Endor, Leia Endor (A chewie on
Endor ROJ card would also be nice).

Kyle Katarn
01-17-2005, 12:56 AM
I would like to see Vintage Style Prequel Figures.

JON9000
01-17-2005, 10:54 AM
What about Darth Vader? I thought he was awesome!

B.
TDV
I thought the sculpt was good, but there was no reason on earth not to make him fully articualted like Stormie and my other faves. If you keep him on the card, I guess it doesn't matter, but I freed mine, and I was really disappointed. :dis:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
A New Hope
*Sand People - with correct cloak, maybe cloth. Can hold gaffi stick over head.
*Death Squad Commander - the current one sucks, could use more articulation and better pose.
*Jawa - why not make two versions - one with a vinyl cape and one wth a cloth cape? With more articulation.
*R5-D4 - the old one sucks, I'd like to see one like the VOTC R2-D2.

The Empire Strikes Back
*Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear) - I'd love to see a snowtrooper get the VOTC treatment.
*Rebel Soldier - it'd be as good a time as any to get this guy.
*AT-AT Commander - old Veers needs a real figure.
*Bespin Security Guard - a black one, with more articulation.

Return of the Jedi
*Emperor's Royal Guard - provided we don't get one in the ROTS line (though we probably will), I want to see a red guy with a cloth cape, just like the vintage one (and the blue ROTS one).
*Chief Chirpa - more Ewoks are always good.
*The Emperor - a super articulated, super sculpted, cloth-caped Palpatine (unless we get one from ROTS).

The Phantom Menace
*Qui-Gon Jinn - there still hasn't been a really great Qui-Gon, so there needs to be one.
*Obi-Wan Kenobi - a SA Padawan, so he and Qui-Gon can fight . . .
*Darth Maul - there have been good Mauls, but not a perfect one, with tons of articulation.
*Destroyer Droid - one that can roll up and fold out. How much would that rock?

Attack of the Clones
*Anakin Skywalker - a Padawan with regular arms, a nice cloak, and a buttload of articulation.
*Padmé Amidala - from the arena scene, clothes torn. The first one sucked, and the second one had all her clothes intact, so make it somewhere in-between.
*Jar Jar Binks - the other costume that hasn't yet been done.
*Mace Windu - one that can be put into a million different poses, especially "This party's over."

Revenge of the Sith
From what we've seen, the articulation and sculpting on these figures seems to be really, really good. I don't know if this film would need any, but that remains to be seen.
*Biker Scout - like the Snowtrooper, a VOTC one of these would rock!

adultstarwarsfreak
01-19-2005, 06:40 PM
All of you think too muh in 3-dimensional form. We do not need another vintage line. The whole point of the line was to produce the ultimate figures that all of us have been waiting for. For the first time, Hasbro suceeded! (disregard threepio) The sad thing is that most of us have paid the 10 bucks only to open the figure to test the worthyness! I do not regrtet paying the ten dollar bill, but now knowing the fact that Hasbro can produce top quality figures have changed my perspective. If they release another Vintage line only to suck our wallets dry would be rediculous. They have raised the bar, and now every figure now on should be top quality! Everyone had good ideas...especially the two-pack Han and Luke in Vintage Stormie body! I will tell you what we do need...A Endor Luke w/ removable pancho and helmet. I was so dissapointed with the Jabba's Luke...they should make up for it. A snowspeeder pilot luke. C'mon, the X-wing Luke was a joke. The sculpt was bad, the pose was bad...the figure sucked. The snowspeeder Luke would be a much better prospect anyways. After all...he wore the same outfit fly his X-wing in ROTJ. The rest I co not really care...but all of your ideas were great.

dindae
01-21-2005, 01:14 PM
I can't see them doing another wave of these. After mulling it over I came up with a list that might work for me.

Emporer
Luke endor
Han carbonite
Biker Scout

Snowtrooper
Luke Bespin
Han Bespin
Hoth Leia (I could probably sub this out for different choices but this one hasn't been done lately.)

Luke Xwing
Tusken Raider
Sandtrooper
C-3PO (they could fix the error from the first line)

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 12:32 PM
I would like to see one based on the Prequels in vintage-style cards.

The Phantom Menace
Darth Maul
Qui-Gon Jinn
Jar Jar Binks
Battle Droid

Attack of the Clones
Padme Amidala
Mace Windu
Jango Fett
Count Dooku

Revenge of the Sith
Anakin Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Darth Sidious
General Grievous

tgr3328
02-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Well, let's see. The VOTC line had 2 perks, the cool vintage style packaging and the super articulated figures. For that reason alone I would have to say, stay away from droids, since it seems a waste of a super articulated figure and the cost really isn't worth it IMO.

And why couldn't they have made a super-articulated C3PO? That would have been really great and there has not yet been a droid figure made like that.

Hasbro has done a really great job on the articulation as of late with the jointed knees and elbows and ball-and-socket neck and shoulder joints plus the swivel joints at the wrists and ankles. They look very good on the VOTC figures I have (which means they don't stand out much at all). This kind of articulation would be perfect for a droid and it could even be a plus if it stands out a little more!

mabudonicus
02-09-2005, 01:50 PM
I imagine SK99 was referring more to non-anthropomorphic droids, an SA 3P0 would be pretty sweet in almost anyones eyes, I'd guess (at least bendy knees so he could sit in the wicker chair and lord over the Ewoks like in that old pic.....)

I would like to see a better Vader as well... one could hope the ROTS one (IF there is one, just a rumour I heard :beard: ) will rock like crazy, but any more conjecture would be spoiler territory , but the VOTC one is good at best, after opening the Stormtrooper I had really high hopes about Vader, but he is oddly limited, somehows, and looks awkward in pretty much all but 2 poses....

I think a Gammorean Guard would also be pretty slick, with synthetic fur and stuff for costume

A right proper Power Droid would also be fun, but would be better suited to a different release style as noted by SK99 already (I always thought that a 10-pack, in a window box, of "background droids" would be a great way to release some of the more obscure ones in a "safe" format- a bunch of treadwells, and various stuff from the sandcrawler and around Mos Eisley and stuff)

As for a VOTC vehicle, which hasn't come up so far, maybe a properly-sized A-wing, much smaller than the first ones which are grossly out of scale with the figures- you should be able to park a couple of the real things on the ,in-scale