PDA

View Full Version : Movie Sequels You Might Want - a general discussion bout cool movies NOT set for more

Tycho
01-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Alien 5? Will it happen? With Sigourney? Or was Alien vs. Predator the prequel answer to that movie not happening? What is Alien 5 going to be about if it was done? I heard that Sigourney said she'd do it if the story was good.

Starship Troopers 3 anyone? No. 2 wasn't actually bad. It was a pure military hell movie, but watchable for this straight-to-video flick by Dennis Murren of Star Wars fame.

Total Recall - wasn't there supposed to be a sequel, with Arnold, and Johnathon Frakes directing? What happened?

BladeRunner 2 - was this done? There was a book I think. Would Harrison Ford come back? Was Decker in the sequel book?

Waterworld - could a sequel work? I really liked this movie. What would a sequel be about?

Terminator 4: the Future Wars. Who'd play John Conner? Is Arnold not needed? (he's a little busy right now)

Independence Day: - what happened after the ships were crashed? All the aliens didn't die. I once heard there were plans...

Men In Black 3: - likely and possible. These are fun. They can keep making them but they better stop giving away the best gags in the previews. The previews should show nothing really. The movie franchise is established enough now. I want to be surprised and laugh. The subway worm and more were already shown before I ever went into the theater - as were all the aliens working at the post office.

Godzilla - yes the Iguana one with Matthew Broderick. I liked this movie a lot and got what I wanted out of it. Would another movie work? How about doing it in Japan with an attack on Tokyo but showcasing a lot of Japan's more exotic locations to make it stand out against all the fake-dino-films of the past done in Japan.

Jurassic Park 4 - I guess they really ARE doing this. The only cool idea is that they try to destroy all the life that shouldn't exist on that island and undo what JP1 / 2 started since the dinos are so dangerous. Anyway, are Goldbloom and Grant both going to be in the flick? That's what I heard before. That'd be good, but the story behind why their characters are still going to that island had better work.

Indiana Jones 4 - so is it happening? Star Wars 3 is almost a wrap. Harrison's not getting any younger. What is it about? Is it going to be Atlantis as was once rumored? What were they going to do? Have Indy F The Little Mermaid?

Gettysburg - after the prequel Gods and Generals was made with the cast, there was supposed to be a sequel to finish a trilogy - and Ulysses S. Grant was supposed to be the star character that finally forces General Robert E. Lee to surrender and become the namesake for the Dukes of Hazzard's car. Sorry, but I dig these Civil War movies - especially considering how many actors they get to play the war scene drama out with.

So what do you want sequels to?

What don't you?

Any one-movie-wonders I failed to mention that you'd want to see?

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 08:41 AM
I would love to see an Aliens 5 if for no other reason but to set the series right again. The last 2 were awful and even AvP sucked which have just about dismantled the strong story that 1 and 2 had created. The only way to have a successful 5th movie would be to basically ignore the last 2 movies and that would probably mean that Ms. Weaver should NOT make an appearance..

Rocketboy
01-17-2005, 12:49 PM
I'd love to see a sequel to:
Leon: The Professional - this was talked about by Luc Besson at one point, about Mathilda being a "cleaner." I think Natalie Portman was interested also. Haven't heard anything on it in a while though.
The Punisher - I'm pretty sure the sequel is a go. It's just a matter of time and story. I think they want it set for sometime 2006.
SWAT - I thought it was fun popcorn action flick and wouldn't mind another.
Old School - Another one I read they were all set for. It ws supposed to take place during Spring Break. If ever made, this could be either really good or really bad.
The Italian Job - They recently announced the entire cast would be back for another go.
The Bourne Supremacy - I'd like to see them finish out the Bourne trilogy (despite the fact they didn't follow the books much)
Ghostbusters 3 - I guess they (Akroyd and Ramis) tried moving on this at one point, but Bill Murray either didn't want to come back or he wanted Peter Venkman to die and come back as a ghost. It's a dead project now.

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I really hope they continue the Master and Commander series.

El Chuxter
01-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Ghostbusters 3 would be nice. I'd heard rumors of Ben Affleck and/or Matt Damon playing sons of the original three, who pass the torch to a new generation of Ghostbusters. This would rule.

Jurassic Park IV? Wouldn't there actually have to be a Jurassic Park III first? :p

I'd love to see a sequel to The Nightmare Before Christmas, but only if Burton is involved (producer or director) and Elfman does the score.

Same goes for sequels to the 2001 Planet of the Apes. This wasn't nearly as bad as people want to claim. Admit it.

A sequel I really want, supposedly in the works for years, is Spawn 2. Where the hell is this, Todd?

Also, not a sequel per se, but a second Beavis and Butt-Head movie was supposedly scheduled for a summer 1999 release and delayed indefinitely due to fears that Phantom Menace would crush all competition. Where is it? Who knows?

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
I recently saw the B&B movie again recently and it wasn't nearly as funny this time around. I guess the humor style found in that show hasn't aged too well.

Tycho
01-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Jurassic Park III was made - it's about Alan Grant returning to rescue a boy who was lost parasailing too close to "site B." During the movie, a dangerous dinosaur eats a cell phone and well....'Can you hear me now?' becomes very threatening when used in that context.

Actually, I think now that I reflect on it, your emoticon suggests you already know this...

Anyway, Ghostbusters III would be cool. I could see the 80's audience cheering when the theme song plays, starting up the movie. "Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!"

Spawn continuing would be cool.

I have no problem with the Alien 3 & 4 movies as they've been developed. I suppose it's time for an all-out war movie with the aliens now. Starship Troopers does that really well though.

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 09:05 PM
I have no problem with the Alien 3 & 4 movies as they've been developed. I suppose it's time for an all-out war movie with the aliens now. Starship Troopers does that really well though.

I would hope it's more like Starship Troopers and nothing like AvP. It should be just like Aliens but on a much larger scale.

Slicker
01-17-2005, 09:58 PM
I'd like a sweet sequel of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". It could be like a class reunion or something. You could only make it if ALL of the original cast were there. Now that I think of it though Mr. Hand was looking almost dead in the early 80's so I doubt he's still around now.

Let's just hope they wouldn't make it like Saved By the Bell the College Years.

Rocketboy
01-17-2005, 10:41 PM
I recently saw the B&B movie again recently and it wasn't nearly as funny this time around. I guess the humor style found in that show hasn't aged too well.The movie wasn't nearly as good as the tv show.

I'd like a sweet sequel of "Fast Times at Ridgemont High". It could be like a class reunion or something. You could only make it if ALL of the original cast were there. Now that I think of it though Mr. Hand was looking almost dead in the early 80's so I doubt he's still around now. Yeah, Ray Walston died 4 years ago.
And do you honestly think Sean Penn would do it? No way!
Judge Reinhold on the other hand...

Tycho
01-18-2005, 02:59 AM
Men In Black III - I really want this one. Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in these movies are a lot of fun. You don't want to know how many times I like re-watching the first 2. The concept is great. They're like the Ghost Busters of the 2000's.

2-1B
01-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Good question Tycho, I'm hard pressed to think of some sequel desires right now. I too would like a MIB 3 because I loved the first one but found the second one very lacking, so I wonder if they could get back on track.

I've wished in the past for a sequel to The Cable Guy but I know it will never happen.

I'm with Chux on that sequel to the Apes remake - I really did like the remake and would go for a second one.

General_Grievous
01-29-2005, 03:59 PM
I'd like to see:

The Odyssey: A sequel to "Troy" that could be based on Odysseus' journey after the Trojan War.

X-Men 3: WTF is going on with this? Bryan Singer left this to direct "Superman Returns"! Finish the X-Men trilogy first, Bryan! :mad:

Jurassic Park 4: I'll see it regardless of how good it is. They pretty much blew the franchise to hell with the 2nd and 3rd ones. What I'd like to see? Two or three T-Rexes taking down a Spinosaur. Lame *** dinosaur stole the spotlight from the T-rex in JP3, so have them take it back.

The Professional 2: Natalie Portman as a bounty hunter. 'Nuff said.

The Punisher 2: If they do make it, I want the Punisher to be the only cast member returning from the first one.

The Hulk 2: Only if Ang Lee DOESN'T return. The first one was too character-driven and not enough action-packed, as a Hulk movie should be.

South Park 2: Didn't Matt Stone and Trey Parker say that there would be another South Park movie?

The Incredibles 2: The Pixar movie that most deserves a sequel.

The Hobbit: A prequel to the Lord of the Rings movies.

Slicker
01-29-2005, 09:41 PM
It may be too soon to say this but I'd like to see Napoleon Dynamite 2. I'd only want to see it if they hold true to the original movie and don't try to get all big budget on it. You could move onto his college years or something. Friggin sweet.

Rocketboy
01-29-2005, 11:03 PM
It may be too soon to say this but I'd like to see Napoleon Dynamite 2. I'd only want to see it if they hold true to the original movie and don't try to get all big budget on it. You could move onto his college years or something. Friggin sweet.I've thought about that also. It could either be a great idea or horrible idea.
I don't think it was ever stated what grade Napoleon was in, so they could do a summer vacation theme.

El Chuxter
01-30-2005, 02:40 PM
I've heard The Hobbit is Jackson's next project after King Kong. :D

The Professional 2 could work, if it was done as well as the first.

Incredibles 2 will probably happen, and will probably suck. Pixar is splitting from Disney, so they won't be able to do it (since Disney holds the copyright). Disney has no qualms about making crappy sequels to every movie they've ever released, so expect a truly bad Incredibles 2 coming straight to video sometime soon. :(

And there was a perfectly decent (if not great) adaptation of The Odyssey done for ABC TV several years ago. It starred Armand Assante as Odysseus and I think is available on DVD.

General_Grievous
01-30-2005, 03:53 PM
I've heard of that Odyssey movie, El Chuxter, but I'd rather see Sean "Boromir" Bean reprise the role from "Troy". Also, it could have better special effects.

Rocketboy
01-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Incredibles 2 will probably happen, and will probably suck. Pixar is splitting from Disney, so they won't be able to do it (since Disney holds the copyright). Disney has no qualms about making crappy sequels to every movie they've ever released, so expect a truly bad Incredibles 2 coming straight to video sometime soon. :(Director Brad Bird expressed interest in maybe doing a sequel.
And since Pixar is splitting form Disney and doing their own thing (or freelance stuff), Disney could actually hire them, but I'm sure it would cost them an arm and a leg.

Sentinel18725
02-03-2005, 06:42 PM
Boon Dock Saints.....

Just loved this. Willem DaFoe as a homosexual/homophobic FBI agent. His fascination to the two brothers....excellent! Now that they are reunited with ...(spoiler)

Tycho
02-03-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking a sequel to "Hitch" - "The Celebrity Files."

In this challenge, Hitch tries to help those that need help the most:

Rush Limbaugh (perhaps fixing him up with Anna Nicole Smith)

Mel Gibson (fixing him up with Saturday Night Live's Church Lady or the Psychic "Miss Cleo")

John Kerry (fixing him up with a threesome with Ruth Bader-Ginsburg and Sandra Day O'Conner)

Michael Jackson.....(well even Hitch is capable of failure)