PDA

View Full Version : Sweet new pics on Home page!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
On the SSG main page, there's a bunch of awesome new pics! Plus some serious SPOILERS!

A deluxe figure of Anakin that changes into Darth Vader - it looks like he has snap-on armor? It also seems that he has a cloth cloak, which looks a little big but may be the way he's packaged.

Unleashed Grievous - don't collect these, but he looks cool.

Lightsabers - Obi-Wan, Mace, and color-changing Vader. I couldn't tell if Obi-Wan's was from ROTS/ANH or if Mace's is the right hilt, but a color-changing one (finally!) will be cool, even if it is only from blue to red.

A 12" "Ultimate Villain" has Anakin, a burned face that I guess acts as a mask, and Vader armor. I probably won't get it unless the price is right.

April 2 seems so close yet so far away!

Slicker
01-17-2005, 04:30 PM
I really love the packaging on those lightsabers. I haven't collected them but because they actually put some effort into the outside I may pick them up. The other figs look great also expecially that Ani/Vader 3 3/4". Can't wait.

Beast
01-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Some nice stuff is on the way. Really like both of the Anakin/Vader sets. Wish I could see the darn Unleashed Grevious a bit better. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Some nice stuff is on the way. Really like both of the Anakin/Vader sets. Wish I could see the darn Unleashed Grevious a bit better. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
Grevious? Who's Grevious? :p

There's also a 12" Grievous on there that I forgot to mention.

Turbowars
01-17-2005, 07:45 PM
The 12" figures look promising. Unleashed Grevious looksto be very cool as well. Looks like those saber will be the 1st I will own.

Happy to see these pic's 1st here on SSG!

Kidhuman
01-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Very nice stuff. I agree that the Unleashed could be more clear, but the Anakin/Vader stuff looks good.

SirSteve
01-17-2005, 11:48 PM
The 12" figures look promising. Unleashed Grevious looksto be very cool as well. Looks like those saber will be the 1st I will own.

Happy to see these pic's 1st here on SSG!

Glad everyone likes them. We have more E3 products I wish we could show but we just cannot right now.... :(

Fluke Skywalker
01-18-2005, 01:28 AM
Cool! The "Ultimate villian" Anakin coming with the crispy snap on face, now that's an accessory! Great finds. (BTW, did anyone notice that Vader's saber says 'Color changing blade'?)

Tycho
01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Good insight on that lightsaber, Fluke!

I got most excited about the 12" figures.

Indeed, I think the Unleashed Grievous will be awesome when we can see it more clearly.

SirSteve rocks again with the first pics and best scoop!

I couldn't tell on the Anakin/Vader 3 3/4" if they were 2 figures or one with snap-on armor. Dont' tell me, but is Darth Vader Luke Skywalker's father?

SirSteve
01-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I just added new Lightsaber pictures! Check them out!

Battle Droid
01-18-2005, 02:38 PM
No Grievous sabers?

Jangu Fett
01-18-2005, 03:21 PM
Hasbro fouls up again, thats Mace's EP1 saber. Not the cool gold finished one.

Those other sabers are pretty nice, I really liked the Anakin/Vader Color Changing one. SSG any pics of the micro collections?

Kyle Katarn
01-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I liked 'em all, specially the Anakin that changes into Darth Vader and Unleashed Grievous.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Looks like they're making two boxes for each saber, so they can hang on pegs or sit on shelves. I'll definitely get the new Obi-Wan saber, and likely the Anakin/Vader one (they're the same, right?). I'll wait to see if the others with "Motion Activated Sounds" really have the vwing-vwing sound they should make when you wave them, or if they're just talking about the old crash sounds. What does "Jedi Training Mode" mean?

I wonder how long it takes Hasbro to figure out that the vibrating Obi-Wan lightsaber is even worse than that Harry Potter vibrating broomstick . . . ;)

Tycho
01-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Remember, Hasbro designed the Reek's action feature in 2002.

They are a sick bunch of depraved lunatics over there ;)

evenflow
01-20-2005, 09:25 AM
These pics are awesome, I think i may even pick up the 12 inch Ultimate Villian set. It looks awesome. i am loving the Anakin / Vader chamber thing.