PDA

View Full Version : Now -That- Is A Big Burger!!

Beast
01-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Only in America do you see stuff like this. I read about this burger a while ago, but at the time noone had managed to actually finish it. It seems that just a few days ago the first person ever finished one, and it was a 100 lb. woman. She didn't eat for two days to prepare for the massive meal, a burger composed of six pounds of beef. As well as fiver more pounds of fixings, including 1 1/2 lbs. of cheese. The burger retails for $23.95, and you get it for free as well as other things if you manage to finish it.

Woman Eats Six-Pound Hamburger
Mon Jan 17, 7:44 AM ET

CLEARFIELD, Pa. - Kate Stelnick may weigh only 100 pounds, but her appetite is remarkable. The college student from Princeton, N.J., is the first to meet a restaurant's challenge by downing its six-pound hamburger and five pounds of fixins' within three hours.

Stelnick didn't eat for two days to prepare for the challenge. "I felt very full, but I was too excited that I actually ate it to notice," Stelnick said.

Stelnick, 19, made the five-hour drive to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub with two friends from The College of New Jersey on Wednesday, after they saw pictures of the monster burger, dubbed the Ye Old 96er.

Denny Leigey Jr., the owner of the bar 35 miles northwest of State College, had offered a two-pound burger for years and conceived of the six-pounder after his daughter went to college and phoned him about a bar that sold a four-pounder.

But nobody had finished the big burger in the three-hour time limit since it was introduced on Super Bowl Sunday 1998. In addition to the meat, contestants much eat one large onion, two whole tomatoes, one half head of lettuce, 1 1/4 pounds of cheese, two buns, and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, banana peppers and some pickles.

Stelnick did it all in two hours, 54 minutes.

Leigey said he was pretty sure somebody would meet his burger challenge, though he didn't have a petite woman in mind.

"I wouldn't have made it if I didn't think it was possible," Leigey said.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050117/ap_on_fe_st/burger_challenge
http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercials/bigburger.asp

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
01-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Ugh, that makes me sick just looking at it.

Beast
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Ugh, that makes me sick just looking at it.
Yeah, I know what you mean. That's a damn heart attack on a plate. :eek:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
I'm just frying my brain trying to figure out how one can bite such a monster! :D

Slicker
01-17-2005, 06:17 PM
That fourth picture where the guys eating it really makes it look large. And here I thought the Hardee's thick burgers were big. I'd love to give it a try though and if not you have leftovers for a week.:D

Rocketboy
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Pffft!
It's pretty big...I guess.
;)

Kidhuman
01-17-2005, 10:34 PM
I could topple that bad boy in 2 hours tops.

Slicker
01-17-2005, 10:58 PM
I could topple that bad boy in 2 hours tops.Light weight. You can only do it 54 minutes faster than a 100 lbs. woman. I'd like to see what she looks like myself.

2-1B
01-18-2005, 02:32 AM
Man, I'm so hungry now ! :Ogre:

Tonysmo
01-18-2005, 04:18 AM
Id lose on the fixins. not an onion guy, no mayo, or mustard either..

but throw some bacon on that bad boy and Im allll over it. :crazed: :crazed:

unreal though.. shes got to be proud.

Beast
01-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Finally managed to find a picture of the 115 lb. Burger Queen. Honestly I can't see how someone this petite could eat a 11 pound hamburger. She should have exploded after that much food. Follow the link for some intresting pictures and additional news.

http://www.foodmarket.com/news/2005011701.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Slicker
01-19-2005, 08:32 AM
That's quite an interesting story and hard to believe that big ol' fat guy couldn't even get it after 3 tries.

Her toilet has never talked back but I'll bet in a couple of days she's absolutely gonna punish it.

Kidhuman
01-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Well, if she was your girlfriend, she would be an expensive date. :rolleyes:

bobafett07728
01-19-2005, 09:26 AM
This is pretty funny. My brothers, and some friends were planning a roadtrip to the NFL Hall of Fame, and on the way we were going to stop here and take one of the challenges. I never thought I'd see this place mentioned on the boards here, let alone hearing that someone ate the whole thing!!!! We've been jokingly making odds on who can finish it, and now I'm just dumbfounded!!!! She barely weighs more than the burger itself!!!! Everytime I thought about this I pictured John Candy in The Great Outdoors, now I don't know what I'll think.

bobafett07728
01-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Well, if she was your girlfriend, she would be an expensive date. :rolleyes:

Actually. . . I'm pretty sure if you finish that burger, its FREE!!! And you won't have to feed her for a week! :D

kool-aid killer
01-19-2005, 02:10 PM
Id lose on the fixins. not an onion guy, no mayo, or mustard either..

but throw some bacon on that bad boy and Im allll over it. :crazed: :crazed:

unreal though.. shes got to be proud.

Same here, if it was just a burger with only cheese and bacon added i would smash it. But the extras like onion and mayo would derail my bid, and send me to the nearest toilet. The size of the person who finally completed it isnt really a suprise, for whatever reason it always seems like the skiny and less likely people win those "eat the most" competitions.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-21-2005, 08:53 PM
It's counterintuitive but it seems like the people who are as skinny as toothpicks, seemingly come out on top when it comes to eating mass quantities of food in contests or promotions like the burger one. Kobayashi (sp) from Japan always wins the Nathan's Hot Dog competition and most of us can bench press him. There's also a girl named Sonya, who is probably more petite than the woman mentioned in the article, who wins regularly at eating competitions as well.

Slicker
01-21-2005, 11:42 PM
I'm a spindly 6'3" 185 lbs. and if I like the food I'm eating I can dominate it like no other. I hate vegetables with a passion so I'd never ever be able to do this challenge but give me a mashed potato eating competition and it's on like Donkey Kong.

scruffziller
01-24-2005, 06:29 AM
I wonder if you could use a knife and fork to eat it? Or if that was against the rule.