PDA

View Full Version : You want droids??

JEDIpartner
01-02-2002, 08:34 AM
I was just on the Anthony Daniels website and was perusing his "On the set of Episode II" picture gallery. I found a picture of some astromechs- one being the new yellow R2 with the clear dome (leaked last week).

I was just thinking how cool it would be to see some of these other astromechs made into figures!

Here's a link to the Anthony Daniels gallery page if you are interested in seeing some of the other pictures.
http://www.anthonydaniels.com/galleries/gallery1/index.html

Happy New Year! :)

JediCole
01-02-2002, 01:56 PM
How cool is that?! I love the Astromechs, as well as pretty much any of the Star Wars droids (not from the cartoon, that is). I hope Hasbro will continue to regale us with many more variations on the three basic head types. The more the better as the background droids were what made the Star Wars universe so rich on screen.

2-1B
01-02-2002, 04:49 PM
That is great! I love 'em all, especially the one with the pointy, cylindrical, non-dome head.

JediCole
01-02-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
That is great! I love 'em all, especially the one with the pointy, cylindrical, non-dome head.

If you like that one, you will love the upcoming R4-M9. It is exactly the same design, just a different paint scheme. Hopefully it will be a template for a future Epiisode II rendition of the one we see in that picture. I do like that red paint scheme.

2-1B
01-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by JediCole

If you like that one, you will love the upcoming R4-M9. It is exactly the same design, just a different paint scheme.

That's an affirmative. I just saw an article on the SSG homepage that highlighted your little R4-M9 friend!

The description also clarified the head shape as hexagonal, a term I was evidently unable to summon . . . :sur:

Droidlover
01-03-2002, 10:35 PM
More astro droids. Hope that translates into more( read different versions in the toys). I love R2 units, but we still need a decent R5(They were in EI and they did not make them into toys) R1, and R3. I would have been happier if the Queens Royal Starship had come with the yellow R5, even though the R2 ROCKED.