PDA

View Full Version : Im gonna be in debt..

mastermatt24
01-18-2005, 06:41 PM
OMG I found this at rebelscum:

The breakdown of E3 2005 Hasbro line should be the following :

Sneak Previews : 4 figures + 1 véhicle
Basic Figures : 56 figures (30 Collection 1 + 26 Collection 2)
Deluxe Figures : 8-9 figures
Battle Vehicles : 3 figures + beasts - or 2 vehicles
Assault Vehicles : 3 vehicles
Gunship : 2 vehicles
Playset : 1 toy
Unleashed : 6 characters
12" Dolls : 6 characters
Cinema Scenes : 3 scenes
A new line Force Battlers for 3-8 years : 12 characters

* :dead: :dead: ......... My god, im going to be soooo out of money after this movie its not even funny. We should start a food drive! :crazed:
This is crazy.. 56 figures at $5.99 = $335.44 JUST FOR FIGURES! :mad: Im not happy.

sith_killer_99
01-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Well, it looks as if I wil save a little money. All I plan to buy is:

4 Preview figures
56 Basic figures
3 Unleashed (maybe)
3 Cinema Scenes

Maybe the Deluxe figures, I passed on all the Saga deluxe figures and wish I had passed on the EP1 Deluxe. If they do these like the Ultra figures, I may buy 'em. I also do not plan on buying any "openers" unless they really kick arse.

As for the 56 figures, they will be spread out until the end of the year so it's really no big deal to me.

I guess that leaves more $$$ for CIII. ;)

Slicker
01-18-2005, 08:33 PM
That's actually not that bad of a price for an entire year. With $360 for figures and maybe the same plus a couple of extra dollars you're looking at about $700-$800 for the year. That puts you at less than $80 a month. For me tack on carded vintage figs that I'll buy and very few figs/vehicles from the previous lines and I shouldn't be in bad shape.

For those that don't have jobs or have parents buy there figs they'll be in pretty bad shape but as for me I'll do quite good.

The 'Xir
01-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Join the club MM24, The Lucas retirement/get yourself in debt club!!!

Oh, and by the way...$5.99 for figures? Where are you shopping?!!! $6.49 is the cheapest I've ever seen, not including peg warmer clearence sales at $2.99! But then again I am in upstate NY!!! You know...taxes and all! :cry:

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Join the club MM24, The Lucas retirement/get yourself in debt club!!!

Oh, and by the way...$5.99 for figures? Where are you shopping?!!! $6.49 is the cheapest I've ever seen, not including peg warmer clearence sales at $2.99! But then again I am in upstate NY!!! You know...taxes and all! :cry:

Try Wal-Mart. As I mentioned in another thread, their shelf tags list the Episode III figures at $5.88 a piece.

Ji'dai
01-18-2005, 09:39 PM
The figures are the top priority for me; hopefully the price will drop back below $5 as retailers compete amongst themselves. The more expensively priced toys usually shelf-warm so I can wait until clearance time for them.

It appears that Lucasfilm is pushing ROTS with a marketing blitz of Episode I proportions. So I expect tons of product with just about every retailer carrying the line; and I think consumers will benefit in the end.

Kidhuman
01-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Hell if I could pay of 1300 in debt in 4 weeks, you can buyt 335 dollars worth of figures over 8 months.

Tycho
01-19-2005, 01:07 AM
That puts you at less than $80 a month.

Maybe, if you're paying off what you charge from SW purchases.

There will be at least $500+ you could spend on "opening day" - aka Midnight Madness, most likely.

Those of us that army-build could be in for a world of hurting.

I've been saving since last August or September so I'll have at least $1,000 to spend on April 2nd. Because I army build, I'm afraid that won't be enough.

My SW budget for a year is $1500. That usually works out - but movie years are tricky.

Furthermore, the price increase....

I just started debating it with myself:

1) Go to Midnite Madness and pay TRU's price?
2) Wait for Wal-Mart to open and get E3 toys first thing that morning instead?

Midnite Madness is a lot of fun - so I'd go no matter what.

Now it starts to seem really dumb waiting out there all afternoon and evening to be the first person in line, especially if I don't plan to buy anything!

Sith Lord 0498
01-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Furthermore, the price increase....

I just started debating it with myself:

1) Go to Midnite Madness and pay TRU's price?
2) Wait for Wal-Mart to open and get E3 toys first thing that morning instead

Tycho, isn't there a 24 hr. Wal-Mart near you? When I went to Midnight Madness back in 2002, they had their merchandise out at midnight. They didn't wait until the morning to stock it.

Kidhuman
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Tycho, isn't there a 24 hr. Wal-Mart near you? When I went to Midnight Madness back in 2002, they had their merchandise out at midnight. They didn't wait until the morning to stock it.

Thats exactly what I did. There were 4 people there besides me. I just emptied a ton of toys into the cart and walked off to the side and took what I wanted.

Slicker
01-19-2005, 09:46 AM
When I was out for AOTC MM I ended up going to a 24 hour WM and they didn't even have the figures up yet so it may depend on where you are.

I was also able to get about 10 of the figures about 1 month early at a local Kohl's.

dr_evazan22
01-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Those of us that army-build could be in for a world of hurting.

I was just thinking the same thing. I'll need at least a couple clones to start off with. Maybe build the army up thru out the year.

Now it starts to seem really dumb waiting out there all afternoon and evening to be the first person in line, especially if I don't plan to buy anything!

LOL

MM is a lot of fun and I don't want to miss it. I have a WM that is relatively near me in Elkton MD that's open 24 hrs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I'll at least try to get all the figures, be they basic, deluxe, or in cinema scenes (which are likely those battle arena 2-packs). If I can, I'll get the ships and playsets as well. I'll be passing on Unleashed, 12", and other non-3 3/4" lines. You can always ask for this stuff for holidays, you know.

It will be a rough year but also great fun. :)