PDA

View Full Version : Any other Dannik Jerriko figs have a frozen knee joint?

JediTricks
01-19-2005, 07:25 PM
I picked up this figure the other day because it wasn't $7 and I am a sucker ;) and when I got home, one of Dannik's knees was frozen on the hinge part of the joint even though the rotation still worked fine. It looks like the main part of the lower leg somehow fused with the small knee itself as there's no separation line between the 2 pieces unlike the opposite knee, however you can see the subtle color difference on the frozen knee still so it's obvious there are 2 pieces there.

Anybody else run into this issue? If so, was there a way to fix it?

Bacta Beast
01-19-2005, 07:43 PM
I haven't seen that on SW figures yet, but I've seen it alot on Marvel Legends (as well as Spider-Man and other Toy-Biz lines.) I just boil em' a little. Usually after that I can gently "break" the joint loose.

Kidhuman
01-19-2005, 09:55 PM
Dang JT, first VOTC Vader and now this...you got no luck.

JediTricks
01-19-2005, 10:11 PM
VOTC Vader isn't a defect like this Dannik is, that Vader is simply designed poorly. But yeah, I did have that same thought when I got Dannik out of his bubble tray and found this unfortunate development.

Fluke Skywalker
01-20-2005, 04:52 AM
I haven't opened my DJ yet, but regarding knees of figures, my Luke Jabba's palace figure has knees that bend both ways and his arm pops off with little hesitation.

Rocketboy
01-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Here's my advice: throw it away - it's a crappy figure.

:D

JediTricks
01-21-2005, 07:52 PM
No way, it cost me $5.88! Plus, once I fill in those holes in his face with silly putty, he'll look ok in my cantina area.

redfive41101
01-24-2005, 10:46 PM
Hold it under hot water. Once you get it to work it should be good to go.

JediTricks
01-26-2005, 01:15 AM
The leg plastic is literally fused to the knee, I'd have to take a knife to it I think.

Ook
02-02-2005, 02:26 AM
I haven't opened my DJ yet, but regarding knees of figures, my Luke Jabba's palace figure has knees that bend both ways and his arm pops off with little hesitation.
Unfortunately, that's just the way the knees are made. Take a look at the peg inside the arm that pops off. It's probably misshapen and doesn't stay in right. I've gotten a few different figures like that. I take them back for replacement.

JON9000
02-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Mine has stiff knees, but they move. Actually, I prefer the joints to be tight- takes them loger to completely wear out. Most of my old school Joes couldn't stand because the knees were too loose (if anyone knows how to fix this I would love to learn).

I really like the figure, but I think I am going to superglue his tentacles to his face. They are trying to get lost, I can tell.

Ook
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I would think the tighter the joint the quicker it wears out, because of the parts grinding against one another every time they move.

JediTricks
05-31-2005, 03:46 AM
Jon, I'm going to slaughter you like a jawa! ;) I ended up buying another Dannik fig because *someone* said he definitely had working knee hinges, I had the intention of returning the first as defective, I even paid $6 for it, but then I lost it and finally found it again this weekend and discovered it too had the same frozen knee joint. Upon closer inspection of Dannik #1's leg, it's because the pieces are molded together, Hasbro designed a joint there but then didn't impliment it and filled it so it looks like its mirror leg's joint but isn't. Now I'm stuck with 2 Dannik Jerriko figures, and both are opened so nobody is going to want the one I'm not using (it doesn't help that it has horrible face paint). Oh well, it wasn't that much money in the long run, though I am bummed about the knee being phoney.