mastermatt24
01-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey has anyone found LOE yet?

Battle Droid
01-21-2005, 12:09 AM
www.Wal-Mart.com has it in stock.

El Chuxter
01-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Looks like the official release date is Tuesday. I'd check Waldenbooks; Star Wars books have a way of sneaking out early there. :p

mastermatt24
01-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Ill check into those. Thanks for the info guys. :)

mastermatt24
01-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Got mine on Tuesday, havent started reading it yet because Im still reading Shatterpoint..

sith_killer_99
01-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I started it this weekend, I'm about 120 pages into it. Not bad. :) Nice background info on several of the characters, which seems to be the main point of the book, as opposed to developing an extensive story set up for ROTS, though it does a good job of that as well. :)

El Chuxter
01-28-2005, 01:06 PM
I'm almost done with Cestus Deception (which finally started picking up with the focus on Jangotat). After that, I have Jedi Trial, Dark Rendezvous, and Republic Commando to read before I get to Labyrinth of Evil.

I must hurry. The suspense is killing me. :p

JEDIpartner
01-28-2005, 02:31 PM
I didn't bother with Shatterpoint because I'm not a fan of Mace Windu. *shrug* I'm about 100 pages in on this and i can't wait to go on lunch so I can read for that hour!! I am totally sucked in!

mastermatt24
01-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Hmmm.. Took a break from Shaterpoint- im on pg 300. I thought it was good but it seems to kinda be draggin on. Only 100 pages left until LOE.. :o

mastermatt24
01-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Ok finished Shatterpoint- It was pretty good (a LOT better than Jedi Trial) but I think at the end it got really confusing, I didnt know what the heck was going on.. Ill start LOE tomorrow.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
One of the better SW novels to come out in a while. When the cover says "The must-read prequel to Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith," they were right! I won't spoiler-ize, but there was a storyline I kept expecting to get resolved, and it never was; left for the film to clean up. Ooh, boy! Can't wait for May...

sith_killer_99
02-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Well, I am finished and as I expected there wasn't really too much of a climax. The book does a fine job of laying the ground work for the opening of EPIII. It also gives some good background and character development, but that's about it.

BCJ is right there is some jucy stuff I can't wait to see resolved in EPIII! :D

What is the release date for the EPIII novel?!?! :D ;)

General_Grievous
02-13-2005, 06:11 PM
April 2nd, I think, like all the other merchandise.

Will the new season of "Clone Wars" be about what happens in LOE? Because they both claim to lead right into ROTS.

Rocketboy
02-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Will the new season of "Clone Wars" be about what happens in LOE? Because they both claim to lead right into ROTS. Star Wars: Obsession also claims to lead into Sith.

mastermatt24
02-14-2005, 01:34 AM
Someone help me out- Dark Rendevouzes (LoL sp) wasnt the castle and stuff located on Vjun? Ive been replaying Jedi Academy and I just got to the level and then the acid rain and stuff and I thought I remebered it from it. I would look myself but I lent my book out to my friend... ( :frus: )

OC47150
02-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm almost done with Cestus Deception (which finally started picking up with the focus on Jangotat). After that, I have Jedi Trial, Dark Rendezvous, and Republic Commando to read before I get to Labyrinth of Evil.

I must hurry. The suspense is killing me. :p

I got some $$$ for Valentine's Day, so I might pick up LOE.

I highly recommend Republic Commando. Read it over Christmas vacation. One of the better SW books I've read in a long time.

I've bought Dark Rendezvous but haven't read it yet. I'm on a WWII reading kick right now.

General_Grievous
02-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I've just bought and started reading LOE, and I can't put it down. However, I do have some questions.

SPOILER ALERT:

-Early in the book, it states that Anakin no longer has his padawan braid because it "had been ritually severed after his audacious actions at Praesitlyn".

When did this happen? If it's in another novel, can anyone explain to me what happened with Anakin on Praesitlyn that gained him Jedi Knight status?

-Also, it states that his face was "scarred from a contest with Dooku-trained Asajj Ventress".

Did this happen in a novel or a comic? How did it happen?

Can anyone help me out?

Sith Lord 0498
02-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Praesitlyn Conflict - Anakin, despite numerous setbacks and difficulties with the mission plan, retook the Republic's key communications facility on the planet Praesitlyn without any major assistance from the other Jedi. He led his own forces to a major victory. For this, the Council granted him the status of Jedi Knight. This was the plot of the poorly-written novel "Jedi Trial."

Anakin's scar - Asajj Ventress ambushed Anakin on Coruscant while he was watching a holo message from Padme. She overheard it and drew him into battle by taunting him with threats of killing Padme. Anakin's emotions ran so high that Asajj temporarily gained the upper hand, somersaulted over him, and slashed his face with the tip of her blade. This was either in Republic issue 71 or 72 (whichever one has the very sinister, Sith-like art of Anakin standing against an orange sky).

InsaneJediGirl
02-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Just got the book in the mail,along with some others.Havent got the chance to read it yet,but from what I have heard it sounds great.I take it this action is right before EIII,similar to Approaching Storm before AOTC?

General_Grievous
02-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the answers. Sith Lord. :)

InsaneJediGirl, yes, the action takes place right before Episode 3. The final chapter apparently leads right into the movie.

I didn't read "The Approaching Storm", so I don't know if it's similar. I don't think "Approaching Storm" lead right into AOTC, but it took place just a short time before it.

mastermatt24
02-19-2005, 02:04 PM
Anyone liking

SPOLIER!!!!!!!

Greivous's attack on Courscant? I was feeling really sad reading this, for me it was very reminesent of Star by Star which I enjoyed very much. I really really love how they (Luceno & Denning) make you feel like your standing right there watching the attack. Im like 60-70 pages away from finishing the book and I keep wondering how the battle is going to last for that long. (I do know that it goes right into E3) I also like how Luceno is bringing together all of the CW stuff. :D

InsaneJediGirl
02-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Havent gotten that far yet.70 pages in now :D

Grevious,Approaching Storm to does lead in,with Obi-Wans and Anakin's mission to Anison as mentioned in the movie.

General_Grievous
02-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh, okay.

Right now I'm on page 130 in LOE. Man, Grievous and Gunray hate each other! I won't spoil anything, but Grievous seems like he wants to kill him!

mastermatt24
02-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Errr. Only 40 pages left. Im thinking about just putting it down and finishing it in line for E3. I think the suspense will kill me having to wait 3 months for the movie to come out...

Darth Grifter
02-24-2005, 12:56 AM
the book is really good, i finished it last week and it is good!!! luceno shows again that he has a great grasp on the star wars universe...his handling of the storyline is fantastic and the ending definitely leads directly into the crawl of eiii...i like the way that he highlights the developed relationship between obi wan and ani...they have become more like friends than mentor/student...i also love the insights into the dark side that dooku reveals...very good overall...

InsaneJediGirl
02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
Finished reading it last night.Excellent book,Luceno did a awesome job.Some interesting things that Bail and Mon Motha seem to know about Padme...question is why did she confide in them?Close friends obviously but still.

Nice to see how close the Jedi are,FINALLY but it all slips away

2-1B
02-24-2005, 12:42 PM
I generally dislike EU so this was the first book I read since The Approaching Storm but I really liked it. I thought it was MUCH better than Storm. I liked the dialogue between Obi and Ani and it felt pretty believable. Very fun intro to ROTS. :)

A few spoilers I'll comment on, so . . .

---

---

---

Nice to see the whole Sifo-Dyas issued addressed and his fate.

Palps knows about Ani killing the Tuskens which is interesting.

Grievous the bigamist ? What the ?

That Dyne guy seeing Palpatine and knowing he is Sidious before he died.

Umm, I thought Mace and Yoda were supposed to be intelligent ? :D Palpatine didn't overestimate the Jedi's intelligence, that's for sure.

I LOVED the nod to ANH when Ben had to trip the tractor beam and later told Ani, 'not a skill I plan to use in the future.'

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 05:41 PM
I for one love when Obi-Wan and Anakin are on Naos III and they wind up going into every cantina, therefore getting quite drunk. :D

mastermatt24
02-24-2005, 06:39 PM
I generally dislike EU so this was the first book I read since The Approaching Storm but I really liked it. I thought it was MUCH better than Storm.
Yes, it was A LOT better than AS. Are you going to start reading more EU now?
- Anyways- I finished it today and I have to say it is one of the best CW novels. I hate having to wait 3 months for the ending. NOTE: If you are going to see E3 I really reccomend that you get this book.. Personally I think I would be WAY lost if I hadnt read this. (Just speculation)
SPOLIER QUESTION
Who do you think the two jedi were that died? (At the end)I cant guess at all.. Im also kind of confused about Greivous. Sometimes he uses his legs to fight (holding light sabers), but of the pics Ive seen he has four arms.. So what is it? Can he use 4 arms + legs? :confused:

General_Grievous
02-25-2005, 12:18 AM
I thought Pablo-Jill died in the arena at Geonosis?

mastermatt24
02-25-2005, 02:00 AM
LOL! Im sooooo stupid. I edited my post. Thanks for pointing it out to me! :D

Imperial Monarche
02-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Who do you think the two jedi were that died? (At the end)I cant guess at all.. Im also kind of confused about Greivous. Sometimes he uses his legs to fight (holding light sabers), but of the pics Ive seen he has four arms.. So what is it? Can he use 4 arms + legs? :confused:

The figure of Greivous only has two arms. I have a question too, but since it may be considered a spoiler...
Is Palpatine using a Jedi mind trick on Greivous after Greivous' has captured him and about to broadcast his capture over HoloNet? Palpatine says the same dialogue that Greivous says right before he does.

InsaneJediGirl
02-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I thought he was just making it clear to Grevious as to what to say .

dr_evazan22
02-28-2005, 12:45 AM
If I remember right, it said that there was a bit of tampering with Grievous' organics when he was, uh, converted... upgraded to SP2... Anyway, maybe he was programmed to follow orders from Palps and Dooku. A thought...

2-1B
02-28-2005, 01:52 AM
The way I read that scene, Palps was telling Grievous what to do but more so in a taunting way, like he was thumbing his nose at his captor.

Then I think shortly afterward, Palps "takes a stand" against him and Grievous is none the wiser.

Thoughts ? I loaned out my copy so I don't have it here to reference it.

Darth Grifter
02-28-2005, 02:24 AM
yeah, i thought it was more a taunting...i don't think that grievous knows palpy is sidious because he still refers to his master as sidious...i just think that palpy isn't going to tell anyone besides his apprentice...dooku...

on the quad arm thing...i looked closer at the pics with four arms and the figure that came out. the figure has a distinct line running right down the middle of the arm suggesting that he could have four arms if split...maybe this is a feat that is film worthy but not figure worthy because they don't want to spoil the suprise when he busts out quad sabers to duel ben??? just my speculation...

mastermatt24
03-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Looks like were going to see some of LOE on the small screen, look at the fifth paragraph:
http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20050304.html

This should be good! :)

OC47150
03-09-2005, 07:53 AM
I picked it up last night at Waldenbooks (had a few coupons and discounts which made the price very reasonable). I will probably wait until closer to the movie before I read it.

El Chuxter
03-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Yeah, mastermatt24, Luceno said in an interview a few months ago that they were covering the same ground, but some events may not be interpreted for the screen the same way they unfold in the book. ;)

mastermatt24
03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I picked it up last night at Waldenbooks (had a few coupons and discounts which made the price very reasonable). I will probably wait until closer to the movie before I read it.

How much did you get it for? I whish I would've waited a little longer too because I got some kick ...good... coupons from Borders after I bought it. Good idea about waiting to read it- I should've done that too. :ermm:

Thats too bad that its not going to be the same.. Oh well. Do you happen to know where the interview is?

OC47150
03-10-2005, 08:05 AM
$13.26, including tax. About half price, which made it more attractive.

Waldenbooks has an email coupon they send out every few months. It's normally 25 percent off regular price. Plus the 10 percent Preferred Reader discount. And for every 100 PR points accumulated, you get a $5 coupon off.

I used all three toward it.

mastermatt24
03-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Dang!!! Thats a great deal.

OC47150
03-11-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm hoping for some nice pricing on the ROTS novelization, too. I don't have to run out and get that the first day. I don't plan on reading it before the movie.

El Chuxter
03-18-2005, 03:02 PM
I was home sick Monday, and I whizzed through this book. (I decided to read the CW a bit out of order.)

This is, without question, the best SW book I've read in ages!

It really was nice to get a bridge from the CW stories to ROTS, and it is going to be almost impossible waiting for the payoff to "To be concluded...." I hope I can survive. :)

As for Grievous, I don't know too much about the details of ROTS (and if you do, they belong in the "Episode III (Spoilers)" forum), but I did find the Deluxe Grievous figure a week or so ago, and he definitely has four arms. The action feature is listed as something like "Surprise Lightsaber Attack," so I get the impression it's sort of like Yoda's identity as the little gnome in ESB: you're not supposed to know about it, but there's no way to avoid knowing about it.

Obviously he uses his feet in Clone Wars (Episode 20, and likely in Season 3 as well). I thought at first that this was an early idea, and ILM had trouble animating him as such and switched to the four-arms idea. But the Unleashed figure appears to be holding a rifle in one foot, so I'm guessing now that he has four arms and two legs, all of which have grasping claws and can be used as (or to hold) weapons.

As for Obsession leading directly into ROTS, it takes place a few months earlier, and appears to be more of an explanation as to why Asajj and Durge are such heavy hitters in the EU, but gone by the time ROTS rolls around. (Durge is dead! Hooray!!)

OC47150
03-18-2005, 03:06 PM
The library had a copy of the Cestus Deception. I'm going to start that next week, when I'm done with the book I'm reading now.

jjreason
03-31-2005, 05:22 AM
I just finished this book tonight, and was also very impressed. The wait for May 19th now seems unbearably long, where before I started this book the movie seemed like it was just around the corner. I loved the clarification of the Sifo Dias issue, that was needed, and I'm pretty sure they're going to gloss over it in ROTS. The background info on Grievous was also welcome; I hadn't read anything about the character and I hate him a lot less now! :)

I think I'll read through this one once more before the movie hits, it's as close to a "must read" as I've encountered in my (limited) EU experience.

solidjb
04-12-2005, 09:25 AM
From her absence in this book, after appearing in Dark Rendezvous, I have to assume that Asajj Ventress has been killed. Does this happen in the Clone Wars show, or is it in a comic book (or both)? I also could be wrong. I have 20 or so pages to finish this up, so I guess she could appear at any time...

El Chuxter
04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
She was presumed killed by Anakin in Episode 19 of the cartoon, but showed up alive and well, killing Gungans just a few weeks later in the comic book.

She was later presumed killed by Anakin on Coruscant after making threats about Padme. The currently in-process series Obsession deals with Obi-Wan investigating reports that she survived that encounter. The latest issue ended with him finding her in a bacta tank on a Separatist world.

Dark Horse reps said in the past that either Durge or Ventress would die prior to ROTS, and the other would be changed. Durge was incinerated in Obsession when Anakin used the Force to push him into a sun. So it's doubtful he's the one who survives. As to why Asajj isn't in LOE, we'll have to wait for the conclusion of Obsession.

jedibear
05-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Is Palpatine using a Jedi mind trick on Greivous after Greivous' has captured him and about to broadcast his capture over HoloNet? Palpatine says the same dialogue that Greivous says right before he does.

I think the answer to that is "Yes". It's pretty clear that's what's going on if you get a chance to hear Jonathan Davis' reading of the scene in the audiobook version. I think it's pretty clear that Grevious is NOT aware that Palpatine and Sidious are one & the same.

Won't ruin it for those who have'nt read ROTS, but there is a scene early on that makes this EXTREMELY clear.

The other interesting thing about LOE is how Palpatine's abduction plays out...it's a little different than the Clone Wars cartoon....I happen to think Lucerno's version is more intense & realistic.

Lucerno did a great job with this book...I'm anxiously awaiting his follow-up to Stover's ROTS...

mastermatt24
05-07-2005, 12:36 PM
The other interesting thing about LOE is how Palpatine's abduction plays out...it's a little different than the Clone Wars cartoon....I happen to think Lucerno's version is more intense & realistic.

Yeah, I think it is too. They played out kinda the same but I like LOE a lot better. I really wished that they wouldve kept the two the same.. Oh well.

OC47150
05-17-2005, 12:52 PM
I was hoping to have LOE read before ROTS opened but I'm not. Survivor's Quest is taking me longer than expected to get through.

mastermatt24
05-21-2005, 03:44 PM
The thing I was really upset with in the movie was that they cut a lot of the scenes I wanted to see out: Formation of the Rebellion, Yoda going to Dagobah, longer Kashyyk battle, etc.
Perhaps these will be in the book.

OC47150
05-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I flipped through ROTS #4 at the comic shop a couple of weeks ago, and there was a panel of Yoda familiarizing himself with his new home. There was also a panel of Obi-Wan riding off into the twin sunset on the eopie. I liked the movie's ending (a great tie-in with the OT) but I was hoping to see Obi-Wan starting his exile as the last scene.

My SW club got together over the weekend and we, too, were discussing the number of pictures we'd seen on the 'net, the Insider and other sources that showed the forming of the Rebellion. Guess it will be on the DVD.

OC47150
05-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Finally started it. About 20 pages in. I like the tone/style of it so far. Different from some of the other SW novels I've read lately.

OC47150
05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow! This book is great! It's a fast read, well-written, and answers some outstanding questions.

DarthQuack
05-27-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm thinking about picking this up soon, any word on any other good prequel novels that are worth checking out?

El Chuxter
05-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm thinking about picking this up soon, any word on any other good prequel novels that are worth checking out?

The entire Jedi Apprentice series from Scholastic is a must-read. It's quite a few books, but they're all top-notch.

Cloak of Deception is an excellent book (also by Mr Luceno) that explains the "baseless allegations" against Chancellor Valorum. It takes place right before TPM and features a young Tarkin and the only EU appearance (not counting ET: The Extra-Terrestrial) of Senator Grebleips.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter is quite good, and we learn that Qui-Gon was not actually the first Jedi to fall under Maul's blades.

Speaking of Maul, there were several "journals" published around the time of TPM. Most are forgettable, but I'd highly recommend the Darth Maul Journal, as it's the only real source of info on his past history.

The Approaching Storm leads directly into AOTC (it's the mission to Ansion that Obi-Wan and Ani just got back from) and introduced us to Luminara Unduli and her incredibly gorgeous Padawan. :kiss:

All of the Clone Wars novels have been at least pretty good. I'd recommend them in the following order (and I'm indicating the star characters in parentheses):

Dark Rendezvous (Yoda)
the Medstar Duology (Barriss Offee -- seriously, these two books would rock even if they were about Oppo Rancisis!)
Republic Commando: Hard Contact (Omega Squadron)
Shatterpoint (Mace Windu)
The Cestus Deception (Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto)
Jedi Trial (Anakin and Neeja Halcyon (Corran Horn's grandfather))

Bel-Cam Jos
05-28-2005, 11:18 AM
For the life of me, I can't remember why Gen. Grievous would be wheezing (as he is in the film ROTS). Was there something in the LOE story that mentioned why? Was it just the battle at the end of the book?

Sith Lord 0498
05-28-2005, 04:32 PM
For the life of me, I can't remember why Gen. Grievous would be wheezing (as he is in the film ROTS). Was there something in the LOE story that mentioned why? Was it just the battle at the end of the book?

Toward the end of Clone Wars Chapter 25, Mace used a strong Force push against Grievous as he was boarding his ship to escape with the "kidnapped" Chancellor. The strength of the push crushed Grievous' chest, so the idea is that his lungs were injured in the attack. Hence, the cough.

The true story is far more pathetic. Someone recorded Lucas with a really bad cough during a production meeting, and they incorporated it into Grievous' character.

What a bunch of brown-nosing "yes" men... :rolleyes:

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 12:54 AM
The true story is far more pathetic. Someone recorded Lucas with a really bad cough during a production meeting, and they incorporated it into Grievous' character.
LOL! thats great!!!

OC47150
05-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Thoroughly enjoying LOE. I highly recommend it.

I also recommend Dark Rendezvous and Republic Commando: Hard Contact. Two of the better SW books I'd read in a long time.

Haven't read any of the MedStar books but want to. A friend at work recommended them.

Cestus Deception was enjoyable. Good to see other Jedi profiled other than the core characters all the time.

Shatterpoint was OK. Definitely not one of my faves. It could've been edited tighter and edit better.

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 02:43 PM
Dont waste your time with Jedi Trial, I thought it was horrible. (As bad or as worse as Kathy Tyers :cry: ). ESPECIALLY coming from TWO Vietnam veterans.. I had my hopes way to high when I read it. If you do decide to get it, definitly dont get the HB version- get PB.

OC47150
05-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll check the library first.

LOE has some nice tie-ins with TPM and AOTCs.

I was a little disappointed with the last couple of Zahn books I've read. Survivor's Quest was OK (just finished it last week); it kicked in about halfway through but getting to that point was very plodding. Same with the Thrawn dualogy.

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 02:56 PM
I have yet to read a Zahn book yet. Im still pluggin away at the NJO, im on Refugee. I cant believe Del Ray got those two clowns to write THREE books.. The medstar was good but after I met Michael Revees I dont like them that much because he was a major @$$... :D

OC47150
05-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Zahn's original trilogy is by far the best. The Thrawn dualogy and Survivor's Quest were OK. I guess I expected more from the latter books.

He has a new one coming out this fall, dealing with the Outbound Flight. I will probably read that one, too.

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 03:37 PM
I really gotta catch up this summer. Im trying to finish NJO by July so I can get Dark Nest.

OC47150
05-29-2005, 03:42 PM
I've only read the first book in the NJO series, the one written by Bob Salvatore. I'd like to read them but have no immediate plans to.

mastermatt24
05-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Its been really good so far, except for a couple. I would recommend them a lot. I almost wish that I had waited- You can get all of them new on ebay for a couple bucks each.

dr_evazan22
06-02-2005, 02:42 AM

That is very curious, especially as he can survive the vacuum of space, oesn't breathe or eat....

OC47150
06-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Less than 100 pages to go. Very hard to put down. I should finish it this weekend.

OC47150
06-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Finished it over the weekend. Great book.

dr_evazan22
06-07-2005, 11:29 PM
I lent this book to a friend in April. It sounds like he's only about half way thru it. I want it back to reread it, as I've already reread ROTS novel. Plus, my dad and bro want to read them also.

mastermatt24
06-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Its kinda funny- Ive had two family members (brother + cousin) read a SW book ( I didnt even tell them too or recommend them the books) and they both happend to read Truce at Bakura ( :cry: ) and they both said it was wonderfull... If they only knew...

OC47150
06-08-2005, 08:00 AM
I lent this book to a friend in April. It sounds like he's only about half way thru it. I want it back to reread it, as I've already reread ROTS novel. Plus, my dad and bro want to read them also.

And that's the reason I don't lend my books out.

dr_evazan22
06-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I won't be lending out my ROTS.... I got a number of autographs in it at C3.

OC47150
06-09-2005, 08:03 AM
That's cool.

mastermatt24
06-09-2005, 06:36 PM
I only got stovers... :neutral:

jjreason
06-11-2005, 09:39 PM
I was thinking about a passage in this book the last time I saw ROTS. Luceno set us up very nicely for the Clone's "betrayal" of the Jedi when he discusses (only very briefly mind you) how the Jedi have come to care for and respect the Clones due to there bravery and accomplishments throughout the war. It only takes about a paragraph, but he accomplished a lot more there than Lucas did with respect to establishing a connection. Obi Wan and Cody wasn't a bad example, but it didn't spell things out nearly as neatly as Luceno.

jedibear
06-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Granted, it's easier to see the connection on the written page, but I do feel Lucas manages to establish that Obi-Wan has a rapport with the clones. His call out to Oddball in the opening battle is one example (although some might argue Obi-Wan was pretty cold in not letting Anakin help the squad....I see that as another illustration of Obi-Wan's ability to stay focused on the mission at hand instead of letting the emotion of the moment overtake his judgement...something I think the clones would definately understand). Another example is his easy exchanges with Cody during the breifing and on Utapau. There is the impression these two have worked together for a while and that they had a mutual ease (and respect) with each other. Cody handing over Obi-Wan's dropped saber right before he recieves the fateful transmission of Order 66 added to the tragedy...