PDA

View Full Version : VOTC Yoda

plasticfetish
01-21-2005, 04:42 AM
I wasn't going to review this figure really. As a matter of fact I didn't even intend to buy one to open, but since I just scored one on clearance, I've been taking pictures of it loose (finally) for the Database.

Somewhere after having only had this thing out of the package for about 20 minutes, this happened...

(Short review: I hate this figure.)

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Looks like your VOTC Vader got ahold of him.

Slicker
01-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Might I ask why his frock appears to be red? I'm not the most learned man but I always thought that it was tan.

CaptainSolo1138
01-21-2005, 11:44 AM
You said "frock". That's a funny word.

TheDarthVader
01-21-2005, 01:45 PM
It appears that hasbro used smoke and mirrors on us with some of these VOTC figures (Leia, Yoda, Lando, C3PO). They showed us vintage cards with nice clamshell protectors, and we gloated and bought all of them. However, once an individual opens the package and tries to pose or play with the figure, it breaks.

B.
TDV

plo koon 200
01-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Good thing I didn't open them, except for that Vader I bbought two of.

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Good thing I didn't open them, except for that Vader I bbought two of.

I bought two of Vader, Fett, and Chewie. 4 of the stormie. I only plan on opening the Chewie, Fett and Vader. The stormies will be open when I do dioramas.

Kyle Katarn
01-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Poor Yoda...that's why I keep my figures unopened, 'cause I'm very used to break things and I wouldn't like to see A Luke without head (if he already doesn't have hand) or a Vader without a leg.

plasticfetish
01-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Might I ask why his frock appears to be red? I'm not the most learned man but I always thought that it was tan.(Yeah, "frock" is a funny word.) On the vintage Yoda, when you take his little tan robe off it's a kind of grey/brown color underneath. Here it's a kind of reddish brown (beef jerky) color.

In all fairness, I rarely have problems with figures breaking. I open just about everything, and I've only had things fall apart, right out of the package, a half dozen times at best. Considering that I have... you know, hundreds of Star Wars figures now, that's pretty good I think.

The real bummer here, is that the second you have this thing loose, it's pretty obvious that it wasn't built for "play." Which is a shame, because it has some really nice articulation for such a small figure. It's just very flimsy.

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 07:18 PM
The real bummer here, is that the second you have this thing loose, it's pretty obvious that it wasn't built for "play." Which is a shame, because it has some really nice articulation for such a small figure. It's just very flimsy.

Thats because of the size and how much articulation it has. If it had less articulation, it most likely would have stayed together.

HOw do the Fett, Chewie and Vader hold up? Have there been any issues with loose limbs?

plo koon 200
01-22-2005, 03:49 AM
I've had no problem with the Vader. It is about 1 of 100 figures that I have opened. Which for me is not a lot because it appears I have about 1000 carded figures. I always buy one carded, and sometimes, on a rare occasion buy a second to open.

Fluke Skywalker
01-22-2005, 05:03 AM
Get that Yoda to the Medical bay stat!

I haven't opened either up, but I could tell that the regular OTC Yoda was better than the VOTC version. Geez. Since I keep most of my stuff on card, I don't always realize how poor some of the figs operate in the real world. I think I'll be keeping my Yoda in his coffin blister for sure now.