PDA

View Full Version : The first 24 figures released during midnight madness

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 07:05 AM
According to this auction on ebay, this should be what is released that night. Here is the link.....

:beard: (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2476&item=5950843331&rd=1)

click the :beard:

I will be getting the following for sure that night....

#5 CHEWBACCA
#6 CLONE TROOPER...multiples
#8 GRIEVOUS BODY GUARD..x2
#9 GENERAL GRIEVOUS
#11 DARTH VADER
#12 EMPEROR
#20 AGEN KOLAR
#23 ROYAL GUARD
#24 MON MOTHMA

I will pick and choose main characters as they should be readily available during the summer.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I think we should start the betting pool on which of these will be the perennial pegwarmers.

I bet we'll be seeing the following until 2006:

OB1
Yoda
Super Battle Droid
Padme
Agen Kolar
Shaak Ti
Plo Koon Battle Droid
Kit Fisto
Royal Guard (why the hell is this guy now blue?)
Mon Mothma

X13VADER
01-21-2005, 11:01 AM
I Just Want To Build Armies So Bring Them On. And As Far As The Blue Royal Guard He Is A Senate Guard Thats From The Last 2 Movies. They Transform Into The Red Royal Guard.

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 12:13 PM
If you look at the teaser trailer, the red giuards are laying dead beind Yoda, while his saber is lit up.So they will be red now.

TheDarthVader
01-21-2005, 01:13 PM
PADME LOOKS LIKE CRAP. Go figure. The others look acceptable.

B.
TDV

El Chuxter
01-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Okay, why does Grievous need bodyguards? Did you see that guy breakin' funky in the Clone Wars toon? What, did he get old in the weeks in between? :confused:

Kidhuman
01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Imagine what his body guards can do if he is that good and has some.

Fluke Skywalker
01-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I think I'll be picking up 12-16 on opening day/night. For whatever reason, I just don't get excited about the peripheral Jedi characters, so that saves me a few bucks. I know that the next round will feature better versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan, buy I'll still get them.

It's always tough to predict the pegwarmers, but I bet that the Battle droid will linger a while (I think even most kids have had enough of this guy). Then there's always GG. I bet they make a ton of him, like they did with Maul and Jango. If so, he'll be ringing in 2006 with an inch of dust on his card, hanging on some lonely peg at K-Mart or TRU (Where clearance sales come around about as often as Haley's comet)

Kyle Katarn
01-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I think we'l get a big bunch of stuff of Grievous and Vader.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
These figures have been known for a few weeks now. I'll definitely eventually get all of them, but on day one I'll likely get Anakin, Obi-Wan, and whichever ones I see in person that I really like. Thankfully it's on a Saturday this time around. Waiting to get out of school and go to Wal-Mart April 23, 2002 was like torture, this time I can just get up and go!

Slicker
01-21-2005, 05:13 PM
I'm glad it's on a weekend because now in my shop I'm working mid's (10pm until 6:30 am) so I would never have gotten a chance to hit MM unless it was on a weekend. Thank God for small miracles. And for life, thank him for life too. But mostly for small miracles.

Bacta Beast
01-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Back to the blue guard question. I believe that the blue are actually Coruscant security forces, while the red are the personal guard assigned exclusively to Palpatine. I think both existed simultaneously in Ep. II.

sith_killer_99
01-22-2005, 08:33 AM
If there is one thing history has taught us it is that the first figures released in any new line are never hard to find. I wonder if that wil be the case here? Will Hasbro continue to flood the market with these first figures? Or will they surprise everyone and cut down on the massive production numbers?

Based on the long lull, between POTC and EPIII figures, I am willing to bet they will flood the market again.

Slicker
01-22-2005, 01:26 PM
I remember the months after the AOTC MM when TRU had tons of figures still on the pegs that were probably from the original MM. It was really disappointing as a collector to see that it appeared that people weren't buying them. Let's hope they learned a lesson and don't flood the market as much.

DarthQuack
01-22-2005, 02:24 PM
I remember the months after the AOTC MM when TRU had tons of figures still on the pegs that were probably from the original MM. It was really disappointing as a collector to see that it appeared that people weren't buying them. Let's hope they learned a lesson and don't flood the market as much.

I have to agree with you. I still go to some TRU's and see POTJ figures even! And plenty of SAGA's still hang on pegs.

tagmac
01-22-2005, 02:27 PM
If there is one thing history has taught us it is that the first figures released in any new line are never hard to find. I wonder if that wil be the case here? Will Hasbro continue to flood the market with these first figures? Or will they surprise everyone and cut down on the massive production numbers?

Unfortunately, that is not entirely true. Thanks to lousy case assortments, hoarders at the front of the line grabbing multiples of them, and store managers refusing to put out anything else for weeks, Dooku, Yoda, Hanger Anakin, Taun We, Luminara, and the Red Guard were all hard to find after the last Midnight Madness. Anyone remember some of the ridiculous prices scalpers were charging for Yodas and Dookus for a while, claiming they were "rare?" Let's hope that doesn't happen yet again with some of the figures from the ROTS line.

sith_killer_99
01-22-2005, 02:37 PM
That was because they weren't originally scheduled for the MM release and not all the stores got them for MM. Eventually they all saw large distribution. I can go to Wal-Mart right now and buy Taun We if I want to...$2.00. I also bought 6 Royal Guards on clearance last year.

In this hobby, patients is a virtue.

DarthQuack
01-22-2005, 04:15 PM
In this hobby, patients is a virtue.

Don't you mean patience? :) Or was there a joke in there I didn't know?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Back to the blue guard question. I believe that the blue are actually Coruscant security forces, while the red are the personal guard assigned exclusively to Palpatine. I think both existed simultaneously in Ep. II.
In TPM, there were blue guards on the landing platform to welcome the Queen. In AOTC, there were red guards at Palpatine's door, and blue guards at the senate chamber entrance (when Mace walked in). Obviously there are both in ROTS, and the blue guards sport different helmets as seen on the new figure.