PDA

View Full Version : I Love The 90s Part Deaux

scruffziller
01-23-2005, 07:11 AM
They did a much better job this time around than the previous. I think they knew the last ILT90s left much to be desired. The content was better because it was more obscure and less memorable so the show was more interesting. The jokes and comments were way funnier too. Ben Stein's Pimpest Tracks was hilarious. The funniest moment I thought was Tommy Davidson's impression of the TALES FROM THE CRYPT intro when he immitates The Crypt Keeper comming out the coffin!:crazed: lol :D

Turbowars
01-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Yeah, funny stuff. My wife and I have watched them all. I believe 99 is the last one for us to see. I love the people that they got to commentary.

Rocketboy
01-23-2005, 12:55 PM
And still, no Star Wars in '99. What is wrong with VH1?

scruffziller
01-23-2005, 01:37 PM
I wonder if there will be a third I Love the 80s since there is alot of material that can be covered. Weird that since this was "Part Deaux" they didn't cover HOT SHOTS Part Deaux.

InsaneJediGirl
02-08-2005, 10:20 AM
I thought it was pretty good,way better than I Love the 70s.Amazing how you do forget some stuff,so always nice to "revisit" the era :D The commentaries are much better,I havent seen all of them yet though.Keep showing 90-95 over and over again.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-07-2014, 11:13 AM
Ba-bump, and stolen!

Another channel (NatGeo) has a much-less-silly retrospective on the "Last Great Decade?" as they are subtitling the three-day (2 hours each) series. The first show was last night and covered Desert Storm, the Clinton presidential campaign, Vanilla Ice, LA race issues (but not OJ... yet), that new Internet thing, and more. I'll watch the other two (tonight and tomorrow, 6:00 pm PST).

JimJamBonds
07-07-2014, 10:10 PM
That is a random collection of things to cover!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Unlike the pop culture obsession of the "I Love the..." shows, this "The '90s" show was more factual and documentary in style. Those three days (2 hours each) would be worthwhile to check out, and I'm sure NatGeo channel will rerun them. Much of this I remembered, but not so specifically.

Some of what they showed in images but didn't cover: digi-pets, line dancing, the Matrix, others I can't recall now.

Other events and people they did cover in more detail, in the last two episodes: Oklahoma City bombing, Harding/Kerrigan Olympics, Branch Davidians, Somalia and Blackhawk copters, '93 World Trade Center, Y2K bug, Cobain and Love, Starr Report, the Macarena, iMac computers, Netscape vs. Microsoft, Matthew Shepard's Univ. of WY murder, the hunt for Bin Laden in the pre-9/11 days, Princess Diana, NBC shows Friends and Seinfeld, Seattle WTO protests, new prescription drugs, etc.

What I was surprised they omitted (even knowing a 10-year period cannot be completely covered in just 6 hours minus commercials): Michael Jordan, Nelson Mandela, Mars rover, NAFTA agreement, the euro, Hale-Bopp comet (and that cult in CA).

Still, I would recommend watching it.

Maradona
07-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I was enthralled by this show. History teachers seemingly have it easy - just pop in documentary shows.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Or play Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire."

JimJamBonds
07-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Unlike the pop culture obsession of the "I Love the..." shows, this "The '90s" show was more factual and documentary in style.
With less snarky comments I'm guessing?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Almost none. Its focus was more of the worldwide issues; only the pop cultural ones got any smirk-worthiness (Macarena, Vanilla Ice, et al).