PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Carson has died

Exhaust Port
01-23-2005, 02:00 PM
:(

It looks like Emphysema has claimed another. He was such a great host for the Tonight Show. For whatever reason when I look at the current setup it doesn't feel like the same show, a bit more cartoonish or something.

hango fett
01-23-2005, 03:12 PM
holy crap! they just were talking about him the other day on the news! that's a shame....
HF

Slicker
01-23-2005, 03:22 PM
I remember watching his show back in the day. It's always sad to see a icon like this die.

Lord Malakite
01-23-2005, 03:40 PM
I remember staying up and watching Carson all the time when I was 5. He will be missed. :cry:

scruffziller
01-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Mancow told the lady who had the "famous faces in potato chips" that Johnny Carson died some time back and in which he was joking to her. I wonder if he will play that segment again?

Exhaust Port
01-23-2005, 07:57 PM
I just saw that clip on TV a few minutes ago.

The 'Xir
01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes a sad day indeed! :( I didn't even know/realize he was sick! To add to what Slicker said, anytime Icons like this(who you grew up watching and were kinda always there) pass away, it reminds us all that we too are getting older! :nerv: Maybe not for some of the younger guys here(in regards to Carson), but it willl be the same for them when say D. Letterman or worse when Conan O'briens' time is up! Which hopefully is a long time from now! :nerv:

Slicker
01-24-2005, 05:36 PM
And that's another thing. It seems the great ones are dying off faster than they can be replaced.

scruffziller
01-25-2005, 09:31 AM
Mancow told the lady who had the "famous faces in potato chips" that Johnny Carson died some time back and in which he was joking to her. I wonder if he will play that segment again?

Yep he played it today.

Rocketboy
01-25-2005, 04:28 PM
They had a discussion about Johnny Carson on NPR yesterday (All Things Considered, I think), and they played a few great jokes:

*holds envelope to head*
"Sis boom baa."
*opens envelope*
"Name three sounds you hear when a sheep explodes."

"A woman from Michigan was arrested for soliciation.
Apparently, she was giving sexual favors for spaghetti dinners.
I swear 'm not making this up.
So, would that make her a pasta-tute?"

JediTricks
01-26-2005, 12:04 AM
That's what makes Johnny great - and he's still great as long as we have all that material to enjoy - he could deliver terrible, silly, awful jokes and make them gold. None of the other late night talkshow hosts have that ability, they have their own niches which they mine instead but Johnny's niche was everybody.

Rocketboy
01-26-2005, 12:16 PM
With all the discussion about him the last few days on tv, they've been showing some of the clips we've seen a thousand times, like when Jonny ran and jumped into Ed's arms after a lion growled and took a swipe at him, and I still laugh like it was the first time I saw it.
The styles may be outdated, but the humor never gets old.