PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Starfighter and Vulture Droid Lego set found at WM

Slicker
01-23-2005, 05:14 PM
I found the new EpIII Lego set at a Virginia Beach WM and it was priced at $19.77. Naturally I picked it up and they still had several of them there. I wasn't aware these were in stores yet and people only had them because of the KB mishap.

I also found the new TIE Fighter with light up saber Vader.

moulman
01-23-2005, 07:00 PM
sweet-went to WM.com and they have them on there as well(sold out tho)

Ji'dai
01-24-2005, 12:34 PM
Spotted both sets at TRU today; $19.99 each. The TIE Fighter box notes that the battery in the Vader figure is not replaceable. It's a neat feature but it won't last forever. I wonder how many figures LEGO plans on releasing with the light-up saber.

moulman
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
Which TRU? I might have to make a run 2nite to get em

Ji'dai
01-24-2005, 06:39 PM
I didn't find them in Indianapolis but I would be surprised if one of the TRUs there didn't have them. Best to call ahead and check before heading out though.

cerius
01-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I found the EPIII Lego in a TRU in Gurnee, IL. $19.99. Didn't think to look for the TIE Fighter Vader.

JediTricks
01-26-2005, 12:57 AM
The TIE Fighter box notes that the battery in the Vader figure is not replaceable. It's a neat feature but it won't last forever. I wonder how many figures LEGO plans on releasing with the light-up saber.Darn, that cinches it for me, no way I'm going to get most of these, they're now a negative rather than positive attribute for me. I'm certainly not going to buy yet another TIE Fighter for this Vader (I'd feel really bad for any sucker who bought last year's TIE 4pack that came with not 1 but 2 of this exact same TIE, minus the light-up figure of course) and it's going to be hard for me to find any interest in the others that are sporting these little disposable minifigs.

bobafrett
01-26-2005, 01:05 PM
I found the EPIII Lego in a TRU in Gurnee, IL. $19.99. Didn't think to look for the TIE Fighter Vader.

I found both the EPIII lego set, as well as the TIE fighter w/light up saber Vader at TRU in Downers Grove, IL. I haven't even stopped at home yet to start constructing them.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Spotted both sets at TRU today; $19.99 each. The TIE Fighter box notes that the battery in the Vader figure is not replaceable. It's a neat feature but it won't last forever. I wonder how many figures LEGO plans on releasing with the light-up saber.

We all figured that the battery would be irreplaceable due to the logistics of all that hardware in the tiny space of a minifig chest cavity. That being said, on the home page of fbtb.net there's a pretty detailed description of how someone was able to replace the battery w/o damaging the minifig.

Ji'dai
01-27-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm not surprised someone has disected the Vader mini-fig already. The write-up says that there was some minor damage to the mini-fig when opening and replacing the battery though. The damage to the head and torso supposedly can be concealed with the helmet/hair and arms respectively. I know if I attempted it I'd probably ruin the figure.

JediTricks
01-29-2005, 01:33 AM
And these aren't standard A76 button-cell batteries that come in most toys, so tracking them down might be expensive.

2-1B
02-01-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm passing on another Tie but I did pick up the Anakin Starfighter. I haven't built it yet but I felt just as excited to pick it up as I did 3 years ago when I grabbed Obi-Wan's fighter.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Stopped off at the local WM this AM to check out the new stuff. They had the preview figures but no Starfighter, neither Hasbro nor Lego. I'm pretty hyped about getting a new set. Last year there was a pretty even continuum between the 2003 and 2004 stuff. This year all the SW sets were clearanced quick without a 2005 replacement.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-07-2005, 05:45 PM
walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3555176) has this set right now for $14.99 in stock. I haven't found it in store yet so I can only hope that the price will be reduced there, too.

Slicker
02-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Boy, this thing wasted no time in getting itself clearanced. I haven't seen any in stores since I bought mine 2 weeks ago so they must be selling well at retail.:confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
02-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Boy, this thing wasted no time in getting itself clearanced. I haven't seen any in stores since I bought mine 2 weeks ago so they must be selling well at retail.:confused:

I don't think it's being clearanced...possibly just a price adjustment to get people interested. If I don't find one at retail soon, I'm just going to get it from wm.com

Does anyone know if they charge sales tax on that web site? Target.com does.

DarthQuack
02-07-2005, 06:42 PM
I saw one at Target, and a shelf full of them at Walmart, only about a 20 cents difference between both of them.

Jedibill
02-07-2005, 07:18 PM
I have found Anakins Fighter and the New Tiefighter at Toys r us Target and even K-mart but I have not seen it at Wal-marts yet go figure.

2-1B
02-08-2005, 01:09 AM
I don't think Sicker meant clearance in that sense, maybe just that there are people buying them and clearing them off the shelf ? I'm not sure. :confused:

As for Wal-Mart.com, I'm pretty sure they do charge tax - it's been awhile since I ordered from them but I do think they do. :)

Slicker
02-08-2005, 03:28 AM
I don't think Sicker meant clearance in that sense, maybe just that there are people buying them and clearing them off the shelf ? I'm not sure. :confused:I was actually going with the clearance as in cutting prices to sell more. I just found it weird that they would cut the price if the product was selling. I mean why get the ol' smiley face out to slash prices if you're selling merchandise.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-08-2005, 10:33 AM
I mean why get the ol' smiley face out to slash prices if you're selling merchandise.

Good point, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth where discounted Legos are concerned. :)

2-1B
02-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I was actually going with the clearance as in cutting prices to sell more. I just found it weird that they would cut the price if the product was selling. I mean why get the ol' smiley face out to slash prices if you're selling merchandise.

Gottcha. Sorry for the misinterpretation. :)

I was out today and saw plenty of this set and the TIE still piled around and it was still 19.99 everywhere.