PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR...need some help..

hango fett
01-23-2005, 08:48 PM
ok. i am at taris and need to find misson. i am going with light side as well, in case that has any relevance is this. i started a diffrent game and io am gong sith on that one and ran into misson and zaalbarg (SP?) in the cantina in the lower levels of the city. but i never did on my other game (or have yet.)
???
HF

plasticfetish
01-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Have you gotten down to the very lowest level of Taris yet? (Not as low as the sewer level.) When you get down there try looking around.

hango fett
01-23-2005, 09:14 PM
i have been to the one city where there is no light and you can go kill the infected people in the cages. thats as low as i have been, but the mayor or whatever of the town said something about the sewers.
oh, yeah. i should mention i have it for PC not X-Box.
HF

plasticfetish
01-23-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah, that's it. Explore that level a bit more... go outside the gate and look around.

(edit: yeah, I have it for X-box, but I doubt it's any different. I could be wrong though.)

hango fett
01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
ok. i will try it now.
it worked. but now i am stuck at the damn rancor. i know gernades do damage, but i always run out too soon.
HF

plasticfetish
01-24-2005, 02:20 AM
The Rancor's a tough one. If I remember correctly, it took me a while to figure out just what I was supposed to do to get past it -- but after a bunch of times getting killed, it finally came to me. I don't want to spoil this one for you, so try doing a few different things.

Hint: You still have a stealth field generator?

hango fett
01-24-2005, 08:23 AM
i just beat the rancor. i just had to defeat the Vulkar guys first and get their bombs. very cool game so far. i love it.
HF

hango fett
01-24-2005, 09:18 PM
now i am stuck on dantooine where you have to clear the meadow or plain of the darkness. i have solved the murder mystery (which was a pleasnt surprise for a SW game) but what next, because zhar says there is till evil out there.
???
HF

plasticfetish
01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
There's a "person" you're looking for out there... keep looking. There's a bunch of ground to cover around there. (If I remember correctly, who you need to find isn't far from the Jedi Enclave.) Check your maps and look to see where you haven't gone yet.

hango fett
01-25-2005, 06:08 AM
yeah, it was that sith girl. i found her and had to kill her because my persuasion sucks. when in the world can i use my lightsaber with the character i made? it still says "you don't have the proper prereqiuests. check item description"
HF

plasticfetish
01-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Hmmm. I never killed that sith/jedi girl. I'm not sure how it works out if she's dead -- she ends up joining your party if you can convince her to return to the light side.

Well, once you rid the area of the "darkness," you'll need to go back to the enclave to complete your training. Should get to use your saber soon.

hango fett
01-25-2005, 08:40 AM
i have done the training. i meant be able to use the lightsaber. i am on tatooine now. i have 4 lightsabers, a short lightsaber, and another doublebalded one beisdes the one bastila has. and i have 3 things of jedi robes but can't use those either. whats up??
HF

hango fett
01-25-2005, 02:25 PM
my friend just told me that i need to update my settings for fighting somehow....
know what he's talking about, PF?
HF

plasticfetish
01-25-2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah... that's probably it.
There's a menu in there somewhere for your character, where you can choose what skills you want and what level you want them at. (I probably had mine set to automatically assign my character skills.)

hango fett
01-25-2005, 03:21 PM
i looked there but every time i went to powers, the game locks up. could it be the codes i have on?
HF

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Codes? You mean like cheat codes? If so, you've lost me there. I never use(d) them, and that's probably where the PC and X-box version are different anyway.

The only thing I can think of, is that for some reason you haven't got enough force points yet to where you can use a lightsaber. Maybe it has something to do with killing that sith/jedi woman on Dantooine.

I dunno, are you sure that you completed all of the Jedi training on Dantooine? Did you go to the cave with the crystals and all of that?

hango fett
01-26-2005, 07:17 AM
no, i didn't go to the cave with crystals. where on dantooine is it?
HF

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Ahh, yeah... you've gotta crawl all over those fields. I can't remember exactly where the cave is, but it's along the edge of one of the big open field areas.

There's other stuff laying out in the fields that you need to find to complete the other minor missions also. Did you find that woman's droid?

hango fett
01-26-2005, 03:00 PM
no. i didn't. man, maybe i shouldn't have just left dantooine after the council talked to me!
HF

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Yeah, it's a good idea to try and go through everything on a planet (if you can) before leaving. Mostly, because that's how you build up your inventory of... stuff.

I'm playing KOTOR2 now, and I'm stuck because I know that I forgot to do something on one of the planets -- I have to go back to each, figure it out, and finish up before things will move forward. :ermm:

hango fett
01-26-2005, 03:51 PM
esh....that is a minus for KOTOR. i went to the cave and got all the crystals that i could in the cave. now i have to help those people out i guess.
HF

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Yeah, but like everything else, you get big points for doing it.

hango fett
01-26-2005, 04:16 PM
points have no meaning to me as i am level 20. maybe it's beacuse i have jedi sentienl level? it says level 0. how do i bring that up?
HF

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Level 20 is your "basic" character level right? Once you become a Jedi, it all starts again, and that number is the one you'll advance. The higher the number, the more powerful you become as a Jedi, the more stuff you can do. (The amount of lightside/darkside points effects what powers you get.)

hango fett
01-26-2005, 05:48 PM
ah. ok. thanks! i will try that out and let oyu know, PF
HF

hango fett
01-30-2005, 10:40 AM
ok. i have come pretty far in the game now. i just found out about my past and faced malak, but bastila has been killed or captured. anyways, when it goes back to the Ebon Hawk, i can't go outside! it won't let me! i have talked to everyone....
HF

plasticfetish
01-30-2005, 02:30 PM
(I'm trying to remember what part of the game you're at...)

What planet are you on now? It's possible that you're supposed to leave in the EH and go somewhere else first.

hango fett
01-30-2005, 02:35 PM
i can't click on the star map and there is no map at the top left corner, either....
HF

plasticfetish
01-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Yeah?
Probably something/somebody on the ship you need to do or find first.

hango fett
02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
well, i bet it last week. now i have KOTORII. i had trouble installing it on my PC, so installed it on my friends PC. pretty cool so far!
HF