PDA

View Full Version : 2-1B Loves You !

2-1B
01-24-2005, 04:28 AM
The Q&A thread for everyone's favorite physician.

mabudon raised a good question as an aside in an Episode 3 spoiler thread. I would like the opinions of those who may be spoiler free so I thought we can move that to this forum.

Oh, and I always wondered about that goofy hose too.... why does he need to breathe, in the first place, and why would he breathe air from inside his abdominal cavity??? If it were attached to something external, you might have something, but as it is it just doesn't make any sense.... anyone got the technical drawings of our friend the 'Deuce???

Anybody know ?

They should release complete tech drawings of many droids, similar to those tech journals they did on the vehicles 10+ years ago.

Another question, do you think Kenner/Hasbro was accurate in making the action figures with 2 legs and feet ?

I do not recall seeing his feet in either TESB or ROTJ but I may be missing something.

Slicker
01-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Another question, do you think Kenner/Hasbro was accurate in making the action figures with 2 legs and feet ?
I do not recall seeing his feet in either TESB or ROTJ but I may be missing something.
First off my thinking on the breathing hose. I thought that it could be to test the atmosphere in the medical treatment area so as to better treat the patients. It may test the temperature or atmospheric make-up so as to make the drugs more affective.

As for the feet. As far as I know they were never constructed. If you look in ROTJ in the Conference Room on Home One the 2-1B looking droid is blocked from the waist down by something.

mabudonicus
01-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Good idea for a thread, Caesar ;)!!!

As I mentioned in one of the many 21B threads floating about the 'net, there was a scene where you could see the 'Deuces feet(I think), where he's examining the dead tauntaun after the deleted Wampa attack scene.....
(as an aside, that and a few other cards drove me nuts as a kid, I would look for certain scenes and never see them, I always thought I got ripped off somehow by the theatre)

In that shot his legs are completely retracted, suggesting some sort of telescoping tubes (much like what KENNER pretty much de -'deuced <----- man that's a good one)
Sooo I think Kenner maybe hit it right- I always sorta imagined he was bolted to the floor like a barber's chair anyways, even as a kid I thought he would look stupid walking.....

But I did suggest the hilarious possibility of spring-loaded plungers, imagine him hopping around for just a minute..... priceless

And as an apology/explanation fo9r anyone reading this who is worried in any way......
I have this thing for 21B lore ;)
Somehow it got to Caesar and then it just sorta spread like a pestilence......
Just felt like making it clear that we're almost totally goofing here.... almost :beard:

2-1B
01-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Yes and no. :D

Obviously my professed love for 2-1B is based in hyperbole but then again, this SW universe has so many rich background details that I say Hey, if Boba Fett or any other minor character can garner a cult following, then I am pledging my soul to the Cult of Two.

2-1B really is my favorite minor, minor, minor character, followed by Nien Nunb in second place, Bossk in third, and Dengar in fourth. I would put Dex Jettster in there, too, but I think he qualifies as just minor, and not minor, minor. Teek makes the scorecard too if we count EU.

BTW mabs, "dedeuced" is indeed a nice one and I hope KH will be here soon to give you your due :beard: !

Rocketboy
01-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I always thought that hose in 2-1B's mouth was to stop him from sucking even more!

Zing!

:D

JediTricks
01-25-2005, 11:47 PM
I seem to remember 2-1b having a large "skirt" instead of legs in one of the behind-the-scenes books, probably a pedestal for the puppeteers, but maybe it was a surgical gown a la M*A*S*H. ;)

I like the reasoning on why the hose is there, especially since when we saw the droid used in ROTJ he didn't have it IIRC.

El Chuxter
01-26-2005, 12:02 PM
I seem to remember 2-1b having a large "skirt" instead of legs in one of the behind-the-scenes books, probably a pedestal for the puppeteers, but maybe it was a surgical gown a la M*A*S*H. ;)

I thought that was just the concept drawing?

JediTricks
01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Hmm, could be, but I do seem to remember it as an actual realization as well. I'll have to look through SW Chronicles again.

2-1B
02-09-2005, 02:38 AM
Get this, I watched the OT tonight and paid particular attention to all things Deuce . . .

Take notice at the end of ESB when Luke is getting his hand attached, you can clearly see Deucey's legs below the table that Luke is laying on. No feet are visible, but they are definitely tubelike, much like what Hasbro came up with.

That's not to say that the feet still don't roll. Inconclusive. :(

Hopefully some day someone at LFL will have to make the call on this and let us know for sure. ;)

mabudonicus
02-09-2005, 08:52 AM
LOL JediElf was saying we should watch ESB (or "SW to the power of 2-1B", if you prefer) yesterday just to see some extra 'Deuce......

And I am still gunning for the "hopping" 21-B... if and when he should ever re-appear ;)

Ohhhh, man, after seeing some leaked documents, I'm in a silver and clear frenzy :beard:

mabudonicus
02-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Newsflash-
Okay, so I'm playing with 21B yesterday, making him danced and stuff and thinking about all the threads about him and his awesome-ness when I discovered something shocking-
Waist articulation!!!! I never realized that the POTF2 version had this feature, but now I know, it's like a whole new ballgame
I just had to post this to let everyone know (I imagine most folks even know this already, I'm a slow learner)
So somehow, unbelievably, the 'Deuce got even cooler :beard:

2-1B
02-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Really ? I don't recall that, mabudon.

However, it makes perfect sense because in The Empire Strikes Back when he turns around he swivels at the waist. I noticed that last time I watched it because in studying his legs / plungers I could see that he never moved his legs, he just swiveled.

Not even C-3PO can do that ! :)

And by the way if you haven't noticed, Two has now grown a /beard/

JON9000
02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
2-1B's medical thingamabobber is a tough find on ebay. :(

mabudonicus
02-14-2005, 05:15 AM
Uhhhhh... which "medical thinamabobber", Jon??? Do you mean the Bacta Tank??

Caesar- yeah, LOL at 21:beard: the discovery of the swivel was shocking and yet perfectly appropriate

2-1B
02-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Or does he mean the vintage era probing stick that he came with ?

JON9000
02-14-2005, 03:51 PM
the vintage era, :ermm: , whatever you call it! :D

El Chuxter
03-26-2006, 10:46 PM
2-1B loves Slicker's mom, too. But, then again, so does the entire state of Vermont and half the cast of The Sopranos.

JimJamBonds
03-26-2006, 10:52 PM
I've heard that about the Deuce, he's a love 'em and leave 'em type.

2-1B
03-27-2006, 01:28 AM
That's not to say that the feet still don't roll. Inconclusive. :(

Inconclusive no more - he definitely rolls. :)

2-1B
11-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Inconclusive no more - he definitely rolls. :)

and he rocks, according to mabs' video production, that is.

CaptainSolo1138
11-25-2006, 06:20 PM
And that guy rocks like no mortal. "Rockin' Deuce" was like a Kevin Smith movie. That thing had more cameos than the brain can handle. I wonder how he mended the wounds between Vader and Vengeance Tiger to get them both to show up on set?

Rocketboy
11-26-2006, 01:45 PM
And that guy rocks like no mortal. "Rockin' Deuce" was like a Kevin Smith movie. That thing had more cameos than the brain can handle. I wonder how he mended the wounds between Vader and Vengeance Tiger to get them both to show up on set?Lots and lots of Beer.

mabudonicus
11-27-2006, 11:32 AM
A timely reference, fellows, the MACHINE is back in my possession, I just have to get it back up and running today and there will be more Deuce than you can handle, now with the burner installed I can get stuff up prety much as soon as it's done, no more endless waiting :beard:

And RB is right, the secret was beer, indeed :beard:Isobaws&

CaptainSolo1138
11-27-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm glad that mystery is solved. Now if only the identity of the rocking human could be revealed...

2-1B
02-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Caesar- yeah, LOL at 21:beard:

21:beard: - that's hilarious ! ! ! :thumbsup:

Good idea for a thread, Caesar ;)!!!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
02-10-2008, 02:31 PM
First off my thinking on the breathing hose. I thought that it could be to test the atmosphere in the medical treatment area so as to better treat the patients. It may test the temperature or atmospheric make-up so as to make the drugs more affective.

Actually the hose is like a straw. Everyone knows the Deuce is Canadian (that's why he and mabs are so tight!). He has a keg of Molson built into his chest and the hose makes things easier to consume after a hard day of re-attaching limbs. :yes:

jjreason
02-10-2008, 07:58 PM
That's actually pretty close to another mabudonian deuce concept, TI. Mabs theorized to me over the phone one time that, during his down time, the Deuce doubled as one of those machines that kept circulating the orange and red "juice" in those diners of our youth.

In my mind, the hose/mouthpiece combo is a voice modulation system, NOT a breathing apparatus.

El Chuxter
02-10-2008, 11:38 PM
If 2-1B loves you, and Jesus loves you, then 2-1B is Jesus.

If God told Moses, "I am what I am," and Popeye says, "I yam what I yam," then Popeye is God.

Therefore, 2-1B is Popeye's only begotten son.

In 2-1B's name,
Amen.

I am so going to Hell now unless God has a sense of humor.

Rocketboy
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
You were totally headed there anyway, man.

2-1B
05-07-2008, 12:03 AM

All Hell The Deuce !

2-1B
11-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice cameo in Clone Wars.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
TB-2 appeared as a hologram in the movie, and there was the bow-tie-wearing bartender one, and there have been several more 2-1B droids in the series since then. It seems like there has been one in almost every episode.

Wookieepedia says there were two 2-1Bs in ROTS, but I only remember one . . . does anyone have a picture of this or something?

Rocketboy
11-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Wookieepedia says there were two 2-1Bs in ROTS, but I only remember one . . . does anyone have a picture of this or something?It was like Full House where 2 Deuces played one.

Engineernerd
11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
There's a pic in the Lucasfilms archive book that shows the 2-1B puppet from empire. It has legs, but no feet. If I remember right, he's bolted to a piece of plywood. If I remember I'll scan it this weekend for all of the grippy claw fans.

Rocketboy
11-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Like this...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
It was like Full House where 2 Deuces played one.
I can't wait until one develops a drug habit.

For the record, here (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3974/droid21b29bl.jpg) is a shot with a double shot of Deuce, and another one (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1726/droid21b2jv.jpg) that's kind of hard to make out at first. I never noticed the one in the shadows before.

bobafrett
11-13-2008, 06:37 PM
I can't wait until one develops a drug habit.

For the record, here (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3974/droid21b29bl.jpg) is a shot with a double shot of Deuce, and another one (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1726/droid21b2jv.jpg) that's kind of hard to make out at first. I never noticed the one in the shadows before.

I don't know, I'm not seeing the second droid in the picture anywhere. Maybe my eyes are just bad, or going bad.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
He's on the left side. The clearest parts are his glowing eye and claw hand.

bobafrett
11-13-2008, 09:06 PM
He's on the left side. The clearest parts are his glowing eye and claw hand.

Yes, I see it now, Thank You!

2-1B
11-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow, I never knew there were two of them...I thought he was a 1 of a kind droid. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
11-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Wow, I never knew there were two of them...I thought he was a 1 of a kind droid. :thumbsup:

There is only one. The other is a sad impersonator. Just like Elvis impersonators, others may try, but they fail miserably to be like the original.

2-1B is the King!

Take care sir!

Rocketboy
11-16-2008, 06:57 PM
The other one is 1-1B (or 2-1A), a earlier, inferior model.

El Chuxter
11-16-2008, 08:12 PM
2-1C is the Deuce's rival for the affections of the lovely Betty.