PDA

View Full Version : Early Nintendo Revolution Info.

Lord Malakite
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Some information on Nintendo's next genration system, code named "Revolution" has been recently leaked by a tipster over at engadet.com.

* Nintendo has no plans to include either a directional pad or an A and B buttons in the controller.
* Nintendo is building gyroscopes into the controllers, presumably to add some sort of motion-control aspect to games.
* The console will have dual processors and built-in broadband (possibly Ethernet, but maybe WiFi also).
* There are no plans to connect the DS to the Revolution, but there could be some integration with the Game Boy Evolution.
* The Revolution will have four controller ports, a hard drive, and support for high-resolution displays and Dolby Digital 5.1 channel surround sound.
* The console will have backwards-compatibility with GameCube games, and its drive will use HD-DVDs.
* The console will launch with a new Mario game, and there is a new Zelda game already in the works.
* The truly “revolutionary” part of the new console is going to be something that is not new technically speaking. It’s just something that hasn’t really been applied to video games before. The tipster also claims that his source would only tell him that “touching is good but feeling is better.”

While this is still just a rumor, I believe there is good possibility that this is closely accurate. This same tipster also released some of the earliest accurate information on the Nintendo DS handheld prior to Nintendo's official announcement. More news to come when Revolution is unveiled at E3 in May.

hango fett
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
wow! that sounds awsome! but what is Game Boy evolution?
HF

James Boba Fettfield
01-24-2005, 10:11 PM
What interests me is their support of HD-DVD for the console. Very interesting. Lots of other cool sounding things, especially the gyroscopes in the controllers. But why the DD 5.1 surround sound? No DTS or is that too much for video gaming?

Just a guess, but I am thinking this GB Evolution is the next Game Boy hardware to follow up the Gameboy Advance.

Kyle Katarn
01-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the info, I liked what I read, maybe Nintendo isn0t drowning. I hope we get the best of Nintendo with this console, and also more star wars games of course.

hango fett
01-27-2005, 01:58 PM
i know that, fettfield, but i mean, what is going to have with it (meaning what is the change fro GBA...that sort of thing)
HF

James Boba Fettfield
01-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Probably way too early to say anything specific about the Evolution.

You know the whole thing about taking early, and very likely false, info with a grain of salt:

We don’t have any specific numbers for the next Game Boy, but we’ve got plenty of information nonetheless. Do note, this isn’t information about the DS. The next Game Boy will supposedly launch some time in 2006.

The working title is "Game Boy Evolution".
The system will have a flip-top design, similar to the GBA SP.
Games will come on mini-discs, as opposed to cartridges.
The graphics will be slightly better than those found on the Sega Dreamcast.
Bluetooth wireless networking will be built in.
The system will feature backwards compatibility, but not in the same way the GBA plays old Game Boy games. Supposedly there will be a device that will allow you to download games from their carts into a harddrive-like element of the new Game Boy. Confusing, yes, but that's all we've managed to gleam. Speculate as you like.
The system's screen will be lit, similar to the GBA SP.

E3 2005 will probably provide something more about this older information.

hango fett
01-27-2005, 02:37 PM
hmm. sounds a little to much like a PSP with the bluetooth wireless and mini discs. other than that, and if it is true that it can have graphics better than dreamcast, which was 128 bit, then rock on, nintendo!
HF