PDA

View Full Version : Have you found any Ep 3 preview toys yet?

JediTricks
01-25-2005, 10:58 PM
With news of the preview toys from Hasbro and Lego for Episode III: Revenge of the Sith hitting stores weeks in advance of their expected February release dates, the Ep III onslaught is hitting active-mode and collectors all across the country are on the hunt.

Lego is producing for its preview set the Ep III Jedi Starfighter with Vulture Droid, it had shown up briefly on the KB website and now reports of it are hitting regular retailers.

Hasbro is releasing 4 figures and their own Ep III Jedi Starfighter as their preview toys. While there haven't been any sightings of the vehicle as of yet (that I know of, anyway), the figures - General Greivous, a Wookiee Warrior, R4-G9, and Tion Medon - have been cropping up at Wal-marts recently.

With all this Ep III preview product hitting early, this week's poll tries to find out how many of us are already hunting and how many are really finding any of it. Vote now, and good hunting!

Obi-wedge
01-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Just happened to stop by a Wal-Mart in El Reno, OK while I was out on business and they had just filled 8 pegs FULL of all the preview figures. I would say that General grievous was a 2:1 ratio. They must have packed him very heavy per case. They also had a a few colored clone troopers from the animated line.

ndjedi
01-26-2005, 12:47 AM
Hey guys, I have a friend who works at a local Wal-Mart who called me up last night to tell me that he found the new "unmarked" Hasbro boxes with all 4 of the new Revenge of the Sith Sneak Preview figures. He pulled out all the cases that this Wal-Mart recieved and it was 5 boxes each with 20 figures inside a special ROTS display case. He also pulled out for me to see, Clone Wars Season III Animated figures and the Playschool X-Wing w/Luke. I'm sorry to say there were no Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter, or Wookiee Water Blaster on the pallet. I did notice that the Hasbro boxes did not have the usual "SW EP3" or just SW written on them to identify them as being Star Wars items. They just had the typical Hasbro and on the sides in a dark pink print were the words, "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL FEB. 1"
So this clearly means that all Wal-Marts should and will put out at least the 4 ROTS Sneak Preview figures by Feb. 1! These are all to be put on an end-cap in each Wal-Mart's toy section. So don't worry for all you guys out there who are hunting these 4 new figures, they will come and it looks like each Wal-Mart will be getting at least 5 cases that carry 20 figures in them.
I was lucky enough to ask and get from my Wal-Mart buddy, an empty ROTS display case to take home!
Also, for all you guys checking out TRU as well, our local TRU got them last week around Wed or Thurs (Midland, TX) and they put them out by the store opening this past Sunday (1-23-05) at noon. So of course i picked up the 4 new figures! I just wished some other store like Target, Wal-Mart or TRU would put out Anakin's Jedi Starfighter!
So good luck to all you guys out there who are still looking for the ROTS Sneak Preview stuff, it's coming, and hopefully sooner than Feb.1 :)

Kidhuman
01-26-2005, 07:13 AM
been looking, found nothing

dindae
01-26-2005, 08:23 AM
I have found the Lego set but I'm waiting on it. The rest of the figures I will look for on the 1st. In Nashville they seem to really pay attention to the release dates. In the past it has rarely paid off looking so if I won't go hunting til then.

OC47150
01-26-2005, 08:25 AM
The pegs have been pretty empty at the stores I've visited in the last few weeks.

I can wait one more week.

rgr61375
01-26-2005, 08:47 AM
I picked up the Wookie Warrior at my local Wal-Mart in Orchard Park, NY last night.

They only had two Wookies hanging on the pegs :(

DeadJedi
01-26-2005, 09:04 AM
I don't think there's any real hope of them hitting the shelves in Perth Australia any time soon, at least at TRU which still have a lot of OTC and VOTC warming the pegs (for some reason nobody wants to spend $25AU for a VOTC). K-Mart, Target and the likes are always pretty light on for Star Wars for the last few years. There's a specialty store in the city which usually gets items in earlier than the regular retail chains at higher prices, but they haven't appeared there either.

JEDIpartner
01-26-2005, 09:17 AM
The only thing I'm looking for is the starfighter. KEBco's got me covered on the rest.

cerius
01-26-2005, 09:29 AM
I picked up the lego - no figures to be seen yet

bobafett07728
01-26-2005, 09:43 AM
I found most of them at a WalMart while I was hunting for Animated Clone Wars figures. The odd thing was the pegs were full (at least six pegs), but there were no Tion Medons to be found. Is it possible that he is not in all assortments? Well, at least I have 3 of the 4.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-26-2005, 10:07 AM
I know that most of the WMs in my area (Central UT) have been putting them out, but I've only been hitting one store cause I just don't want to drive around any more. This particular WM is just a little behind than the others in putting things out, but I've always found stuff there in good supply when they do.

Slicker
01-26-2005, 10:08 AM
After going through a big drought in my area I was lucky enough to find all 4 of the Preview Figs (I just picked up R4-G9) and I also bought the Lego Preview set.

Jaff
01-26-2005, 11:12 AM
On friday the 21st I had the pleasure of attending the Wal-Mart year end meeting and got to see all of the Episode III figure line. The preview figs looked pretty good especially the Wookie and Grievous. The Droid was no big deal, just another repaint, and Tion looked sweet. However looking at all the Episode III figs I was fascinated. The quality is up there with the POTJ line, and even the SW Risk is an immediate buy for me. The lego stuff really opened up allot of interests to as they had vehicles that were reminiscent of ROTJ. It's really great stuff, and you can bet I feel bad leaving the toy area knowing that I could not take any of those figs with me.

ronhudy
01-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Found Grievous and Wookie in Las Vegas. Even found an error Grievous (missing the blaster).

plasticfetish
01-26-2005, 02:57 PM
"I have found 1 or a few of the preview items."

I picked up 2 Wookie Warrior figures at Wal*Mart the other day, that's all that I've seen so far... and I am looking around every day.

The quality is up there with the POTJ lineFrom looking at what I've got, which isn't really much, I'd say you're right. It's good stuff!

mastermatt24
01-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Nice to see you back Jaff!
I cant find these darn things. I did find Labryinth of Evil though at Borders. :D

jaxx
01-26-2005, 05:22 PM
I've gone into a few WalMart stores in different cities surrounding the Chicagoland area, and I have found nothing. I mean, they rarely have ANY figures. The pegs have been pretty bare ever since the OTC Transitional figures have come out. The same goes with TRU and Target. Everytime I go into the stores, the pegs are either really bare (with one or two 2003 SAGA figures...wtf?), or they only have a ton of the OTC Vintage figures. I mean... why do the stores continue to get mass quantities of the Vintage OTC figures? No one's buying them anymore! Everyone already has them ALL! They're just getting backed up. Doesn't Hasbro know that they just aren't selling anymore???
Also, WalMart doesn't seem to be getting any of the Titanium vehicle line in any time soon. I've called and called, and they've never seen them. Forget about the Clone Troopers that are in different colors! Finding the animated line is like finding a dinosaur bone in your backyard... rare! Is hasbro forgetting about their Chicago stores??? (jk) :frus:
I don't know... maybe it's because I have a nine to five office job, and I can't stand outside of the stores at 8AM waiting for them to open in order to rush in and get the figures, and then clear out the pegs so no one else can find or enjoy anything. At least that's what happens in the stores up here. :ermm: SO, perhaps the stores do have the figures, but I'm just unlucky enough to have a job that prevents me from rushing the stores.

shavedwookie
01-26-2005, 06:25 PM
I went to one wal mart in moline IL and found 3 Wookies and one Grievous,
then i crossed the mississippi and went to Davenport IA Wal mart and found 17 Generals, 19 Wookies, 9 Tion, and 8 R4-G9...didn't find the starfighter.....i bought all of the figures i found, which sent me into debt, but they sure do look good on the shelves in my den!!! .....can't wait till april!

shavedwookie
01-26-2005, 06:28 PM
also in regards to titanium vehicles, i found slave 1, falcon, x wing and tie fighter at my walmart, all in ample supply

jaxx
01-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Unfortunately, Moline, IL is pretty far away from Chicago... about 190 miles. I just can't find anything around me. I've called around to a ton of stores in my area (about a 15 to 30 mile radius), and no one's seen any of the figures or the titanium vehicles yet. Maybe they're just being difficult, in order to supply their "friends" with the figures first. Also, when I ask someone in the stores, they kinda of blow me off, because they think I'm one of those collectors that cleans out the stores.
No offense, but I wish that people would stop cleaning out the shelves, and leave some figures for other people. I'm a collector, but I only want one of each figure... I don't need more than one (unless I find a figure that just looks so awesome that I have to buy one to open so I can put it on my desk at work). And what about people that want to buy them for their kids to play with??? I was in a TRU one time (this is back in the SAGA days).. I saw this guy with a cart full of the figures... literally. I went to grab one off of a peg, and the dude jumped in front of me and grabed it. He already had about 3 of them in his cart already. I asked him why he couldn't spare one, since he already cleaned out the store... He said that he was going to sell them in his store... If I wanted one, I could buy one off of him. How rediculous!:eek: It was the General Madine figure form the SAGA line... which I still don't have to this day. It's the only one I'm missing from that line, and I can't find it anywhere. It kind of takes the fun out of collecting them, and adds a ton of frustration. Where I live, it's almost like you need to know when the shipments come in, what time the store unloads the trucks, what time they put them out on the pegs, who to talk to at the stores, and be ready to run to the store at the drop of a hat. It's like a friggin' drug deal.
Now that I've done my rant for the day, if anyone knows of any stores in the Chicagoland area (preferrably the west suburbs) that has any of the figures in, I'd love to know... And please, don't clear out the shelves!! :nerv:

darthverbo
01-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I never get them first, but this time I did!!!!! Found all four last night at Wal-Mart as they were being put out. I even got doubles of all four and 3 of General G.
Very cool packaging. I like the packaging better now that I have seen it up close. At first I didn't want them to change the square card.
I also found all the new animated figures at Target. Including all the colored clones.
I'm 35 and still get a rush when I see the new line of figures come out.

darthverbo
01-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Unfortunately, Moline, IL is pretty far away from Chicago... about 190 miles. I just can't find anything around me. I've called around to a ton of stores in my area (about a 15 to 30 mile radius), and no one's seen any of the figures or the titanium vehicles yet. Maybe they're just being difficult, in order to supply their "friends" with the figures first. Also, when I ask someone in the stores, they kinda of blow me off, because they think I'm one of those collectors that cleans out the stores.
No offense, but I wish that people would stop cleaning out the shelves, and leave some figures for other people. I'm a collector, but I only want one of each figure... I don't need more than one (unless I find a figure that just looks so awesome that I have to buy one to open so I can put it on my desk at work). And what about people that want to buy them for their kids to play with??? I was in a TRU one time (this is back in the SAGA days).. I saw this guy with a cart full of the figures... literally. I went to grab one off of a peg, and the dude jumped in front of me and grabed it. He already had about 3 of them in his cart already. I asked him why he couldn't spare one, since he already cleaned out the store... He said that he was going to sell them in his store... If I wanted one, I could buy one off of him. How rediculous!:eek: It was the General Madine figure form the SAGA line... which I still don't have to this day. It's the only one I'm missing from that line, and I can't find it anywhere. It kind of takes the fun out of collecting them, and adds a ton of frustration. Where I live, it's almost like you need to know when the shipments come in, what time the store unloads the trucks, what time they put them out on the pegs, who to talk to at the stores, and be ready to run to the store at the drop of a hat. It's like a friggin' drug deal.
Now that I've done my rant for the day, if anyone knows of any stores in the Chicagoland area (preferrably the west suburbs) that has any of the figures in, I'd love to know... And please, don't clear out the shelves!! :nerv:

I live in Bloomington, IL but grew up in Cambridge, IL... 30 mins from the Quads. I know what you mean. I do get two of each because I also want one to keep in the package as well as one to handle. I never screw someone who is also a collector and if I see they are looking I will put one back.
I may have an extra saga Nadine if you are interested.
Good luck
I know what you mean

darthverbo
01-26-2005, 07:42 PM
HAS ANYONE FOUND THE SHIP YET??????? :confused:

AmanaMatt
01-26-2005, 08:26 PM
My local Walmart (two blocks from my place) had out all the Preview figs - there were at least 50 or more and none looked particularly shortpacked. No ship though. There was no issue at the self checkout - they scanned without problems.

Nothing prepared me for how huge the Wookie Warrior was! He is about a half a head taller than the VOTC Chewie, but much bulkier overall and he is really heavy.

All the figs seemed to be in good shape. I passed on the R4-G9, and Tion Medon figs as they seemed ok to me, but the other two look sharp. I cannot say that the overall design of G. Grievous blows me away, but he is ok.

I have to say that the packaging is much nicer to me in person...not as bulky as it seemed in the pics.

Kidhuman
01-26-2005, 10:24 PM
I dont believe the ship is out yet, havent heard =of anyone finding it.

Jaxx...look for the Titanium Series in the toy car aisle, thats where WM has them in all others I have been in.

And I still hgavent found them yet. Has the only sightings been WM on the preview or have they showed up in Target and K-mart as well?

AmanaMatt
01-26-2005, 11:27 PM
There was a report on GH that Target has put them out early for the oh-so-good-a-deal at $6.99 :mad:

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 12:07 AM
A little too much, buit I have a few Traget gift cards that need a spending.

Ji'dai
01-27-2005, 10:30 AM
I haven't seen the figures. I don't think stores here have put them out for sale yet. I did see the new LEGO set but did not buy it.

Slicker
01-27-2005, 12:08 PM
I've seen the Preview Wave at Target stores a couple of times so they must've ignored the release date also.

El Chuxter
01-27-2005, 01:05 PM
I would've said no, but I found all the preview figures at the Moreno Valley, CA, Target last night! :D

They look beautiful!

ace2005
01-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Preview Star Wars toys have shown up all over Houston, Texas at Wal-Mart's, Targets, and TRU. Still no vehicles yet.

darthverbo
01-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I found them all 2 days ago.
I have been back to all the stores in my area...Bloomington, IL and I think I was one of maybe one or two other people that found all 4 preview characters. I have been back to toys 'r us, target, two different Wal-Marts, and K-mart and everybody is sold out. I was lucky this time.
Animated Clone Wars is sold out everywhere as well.

Terman
01-27-2005, 02:09 PM
The Toys R Us stores are recieving the 4 figures, they have been in stock for at least a week. The box is marked with the description, and the do not sell till Feb. 1 2005. However the sku # which is their identification # is the same as the pre-movie waves(cantina waves). So some have appeared on pegs. Have yet to see the Starfighter. I would expected it to hit on this weeks trucks, with only a few days to go.

mastermatt24
01-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Errrrrr. Walked into a Target and saw some in a dude's cart. Went to look and not a single one left.. :mad:

Oh yeah, welcome to the fourms ace, darth and terman! :D

Darth Alex
01-27-2005, 08:33 PM
In NE PA, the toys are being held back at the WB TRU, the Target has gotten nothing yet(but assumes they'll show up on trucks before Tuesday), Walmarts have either put out the 4-4-2-2(Grevious-Wookie-Tion-R4) cases they've gotten in or are holding them back, KB has no clue whatsoever, and Kmart, well, we'll see on Tuesday.
I have the 4 figures, but out of the 6 preview toys, 7 if you count the Anakin's ship Lego, the Lego and the 'regular' Anakin's ship still aren't out, and neither is the Wookie SupaSoka.

While I am happy to have the figures, I think Walmart is really just showing it's ignorance by blocking sales of Ep2 figures 10 days prior in 2002 and now causing mass headaches by selling the Ep3 figs early. Yeah, I'm guilty of buying em, but at this point EVERYONE should just throw em out into stock tommorrow if they have em- this isn't like a CD/DVD new release Tuesday or a Film release, after all...

DarthIreland
01-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Anakin's Starfighter is here in Ireland but no figures...

mastermatt24
01-27-2005, 11:50 PM
HUrrAy! I finally got them! (2 of each!) Im sooo happy! :D And I think the card is great!! (even though I HATED it before) I thought that it was going to be really big (the bubble) but it was actually quite small. Only thing thats bad is the price tag.. :cry: Oh well my brother got his discount so Im happy!

gsr-jedi
01-28-2005, 12:01 AM
I've found the 4 preview figures but not the ship or Legos. The package is a lot smaller than I thought.

DarthQuack
01-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Nothing yet in Smallbany new york yet.....getting ansy over here.....

OC47150
01-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Tuesday will be here before you know it, DQ.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-28-2005, 12:02 PM
I found three of the preview figures so far but passed up on all of them. One of the reasons is the cost, a small factor, but one nevertheless. The main reason is that I am still in the process of finding all of the VOTC and OTC figures and I hate to start a new collection while one is outstanding. By the way, the only figure I haven't seen was Tion, despite the fact there were many Grevious, Wookies and R4s.

TheDarthVader
01-28-2005, 04:37 PM
I found and bought all four of the preview figures. I bought an extra R4 and opened it. This figure is cool.

B.
TDV

Veers
01-28-2005, 05:10 PM
:) I just found all 4 figures today at Target. $6.99 a piece is alot but worth it.

JediTricks
01-28-2005, 11:41 PM
I voted for "found 1" when I started this thread because I had the Lego set off of KB's website, but yesterday I found all 4 preview figs at WM and bought 'em so I changed my vote. :D I had forgotten about the Super Soaker, I guess I don't think of it as much of anything really.

WM is the only place I'm gonna be buying figs I guess, I probably wouldn't have bought any of these for $7, paying $5.88 was bad enough. It's not that they're not good figs, it's that they're not really so much better to me compared to other lines out there and what I think they're worth. R4-G9 was in the shortest supply, I bought the only 1 they had left, they had a few Tions and plenty of Wookiees, but a metric ton of Grievous's. The packaging doesn't allow for as much room for poses or accessories, and of the 3 dozen or so that I saw, at least 1/3rd had small creases in the cards (though the bubbles seemed to hold up nicely on most).

If you haven't seen my review of these, basically I like Tion the most but the Wookiee is probably the best, they both got A ratings from me; the droid was good with the new retracting leg gimmick but having the wheels, just 1 (warped) accessory, and the funky paint job got him knocked down to a B rating; and Grievous' posed legs and rubbery arms and soft sculpt and difficulty holding the saber and a few other small issues got him only a B-minus. None of those ratings really factored in the price either.

The Lego set is decent, it's a battle in a box for both Anakin and his ship as the Vulture Droid is both a walker and a starfighter. It has too many stickers, but it's a good representation of the Jedi vehicle that's not too far out of scale or shape.

I'm really anticipating the Hasbro preview vehicle, I have a thing for vehicles so the Hasbro Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter is the one I want to find most, but it's only showing up early in western Europe apparently.

I'm really surprised to see only 2 votes for "I just missed 'em" as I've heard from a dozen collectors I know with that story in email and such. Hopefully that means more people are finding them, sucks that there are hoarders being spotted already.

JediTricks
01-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Oh, and as for Titaniums, I haven't seen any yet, and I've been looking in the Die Cast aisle the whole time (though mostly for Corgi 1/43rd Batmobiles, which WM was first to have and then abandoned almost instantly, thank goodness for TRU).

darthverbo
01-30-2005, 03:37 PM
I've found two of each figure. I thought Hasbro was only going to raise $1. The preview ones I bought were almost $7.00. I've only paid $5 since the first run of Episode 1 and those were $6.
I always get two of everything, but holy cow. I may not. This is how Hasbro thanks the loyal collectors that have bought their Star Wars toys for the last 10 years.
The figures are cool, but no better than we have seen before. I hope the new ROTS line is better. It should be or should I say better be for $7 a figure. :mad:

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
If you hit up Wal-Mart they will be 5.88 apiece. Thats is the best price you will find, sans any sales.

sith_killer_99
01-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I have yet to see any in my neck of the woods. I will be hitting Wal-Mart late Monday/early Tuesday. Just for the heck of it. These will not be hard to find, but I will not pay more than $5.88 each. It looks like Wal-Mart will be getting all my collecting money for the foreseeable future (aside from SSW.com with their cool Kotobkiya's and Gentle Giants).

PloKoon2385
01-31-2005, 01:13 AM
I found 3 of the 4 preview figs at Target. They had a ton of three of them, but NO R4-G9 to be found. Odd... Good luck!

jedi master sal
01-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Well I was able to find 2 of the 4 Preview figures on a toy hunt on Friday. I found Grievous and the Wookiee Warrior.

Since it's been awhile since I've given a review of a particular figure, this is as good a time as any to start back up, especially considering these are the first new figs from Revenge of the Sith.

First let me comment on the cards that they come on. WOW!
I love this design. I know many a collector were sketchy towards the design, but seeing it in person really can make a believer out of you...
It's very colorful, though a bit smaller than I thought it would be. The "bubble" is an odd half pointed egg shape. Since I open nearly all of my figs, I just had to do so with these as well. For those who like to open figs but also want a nice clean card to display, I reccommend cutting the tape from the back flaps of the bubble. (They wrap around the card.) Then carefuly edge a pair of scissors between the bottom plastic. It folds in on itself, attaching to the bottom of the card. There is enough of a gap to do this is you don't cut the sides first, but to make it easier you should cut the sides first. Okay so now you've got the sides and bottom cut away. Next, carefully cut around the curved shape near the top. (Only about half way up though, then switch to the other side and cut to the top, go back to the other side and finish cutting til you meet the cut at the top and voila, you have a nice clean cardback to display or store. On to the figures:

General Grievous: Highly anticipated, this figure does well for a preview figure. It's not overly articulated, but being a preview that's understandable. We will be getting another GG (General Grievous) in a few months anyway. With that said, depending on your way of collecting you could pass this figure. But just for the fact that this is the first figure in a wave of figures to come out this year, I'd recommend getting it. He does look very menacing standing there with a lightsaber in one hand and a blaster in the other. He is a bit hard to stand without the cape. At least he is for me. Could just be the way mine was molded. No matter, the cape adds to the character. The paint applications to the figure are on par with what we've seen from Hasbro. Until the movie comes out, I can't really say if they were 100% accurate, but for a preview he looks great. Overall I'd say this was a great choice for one of the four preview figures to be released. Rating 4.5 holocrons out of 5

Wookiee Warrior: HUGE! Is the first word that comes to mind. This Wookiee is massive. Head stands a full head taller than most of the Chewies out there and is much bulkier. I wouldn't want to have to face him in a dark alley... Seriously though, this is a great figure. Articulation is pretty decent. All of the different POA (Points of Articulation) in the arm allow you to pose him with his weapon being held in one hand, draped against his chest and being supported with the other hand. That's some fine articulation. Some of the accessories are a bit odd. He comes with a helmet that upon first impression doesn't seem to fit right in the Wookiee culture, but upon veiwing the movie could make full sense. Besides the Helmet, he comse with two shin guards and a rope tied cod piece. Funny, Hasbro wanted to cover up the Wookiees private parts (even though they are covered with fur), so since Wookiee don't wear pants, they draped a cod piece over his "area" held in place by twine. Odd though it may seem at first, when you put on all of the accessories, he really comes to life, in a manner of speaking. My biggest complaint with this figure is the paint job. His arms are segmented for articulation in 3 parts. Each on generally has a different fur color, so he looks a bit hodge-podged together. Lucky for me I found an extra and repainted him to look like the picture that is on the card. So now I'm a bit more saitsfied with him. Still, overall this is another great choice for a preview fig and you'll be so impressed by his size that you may be willing to overlook the paint application. If you are a customizer, then this is great custom fodder as just a simple re-paint goes a LONG way in making a new wookiee. Rating 4 holocrons out of 5.

Pics as I can of the repainted Wook will be forthcoming.
-Sal

DarthQuack
01-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Nice review. I also picked mine up last night, being a MOC collector they look pretty good besides the damn tape. :rolleyes:

OC47150
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
I had all four in my hands on Saturday but couldn't bring myself to paying $7 each.

I'll be on the hunt tomorrow!

JediBoulton
01-31-2005, 06:50 PM
I just received mine as well (McKinney Target). They still have several left. No sign of the starfighter. They were $6.99 each. They look GREAT -- but I have to agree -- I do NOT like the tape. They look like they ALL have been opened and resealed -- which means that there will probably be alot of people saying -- I found a Grevious on a Wookie card -- WOW -- lets sell it on EBAY for $50.00 -- DONT BUY IT !!!!

These cards may very well be the end of MOC Collectors~~~ Thoughts ??

sith_killer_99
01-31-2005, 07:43 PM
NOT!

After this little fiasco with the ROTJ figures Hasbro will go back to the regular cards.

But if you ask me the new card design was a mistake!

Collectors like a sense of uniformity. For MOMC collectors it's having a card that's the same size as the Vintage cards or having a specific line of cards for each movie. Hasbro botched the "movie specific card" one last time around, this time they have botched the card dimensions.

Scoff at the pitiful MOMC collectors if you will, but consider this...how would you feel if Hasbro had decided to go with a 6 inch line to replace the 4 inch! :eek:

I'm not saying that a change now and then isn't good, new colors and designs are fine, but as a collector I really wanted AOTC to have it's own card, likewise I really wanted the ROTJ cards to be 6X9.

OK, i'll shut up now. :D

JediBoulton
01-31-2005, 10:27 PM
Sith Killer 99 -- ROTJ Cards ?? Do you mean the ROTS Cards??

Comment on this above:
Collectors like a sense of uniformity. For MOMC collectors it's having a card that's the same size as the Vintage cards or having a specific line of cards for each movie. Hasbro botched the "movie specific card" one last time around, this time they have botched the card dimensions.

Well -- I can vouge for this MOMC collector -- I like having figures that will fit into STAR CASES or Acrilic Cases once I have them signed -- thats all I am really concerned about as far as size goes. I enjoy a new "look" for each movie -- the new Vader Cutout is a great way to end the trilogy -- nice little tribute. If they were to change it -- Go back to the way things used to be -- in the 70's and 80's. I like PICTURES of the actual character on the card -- the "background cards are ok for the OTC collection -- buy lets go back to TRUE VINTAGE -- just one last time.

As far as your 6" figure comment goes -- SHUT YOUR MOUTH !! -- Someone may hear you~~~ I believe I would stop collecting figures if it came down to that -- and I have collected MANY MOMC figures -- my collection would go unfinished and I would be PI$$**!! -- Besides -- Try making a republic gunship that will hold the current 8-10 figures -- are YOU going to pay that kind of price ?? -- Much less go from displaying your open ships with fishing wire to CHAINS -- I think not!!

SK -- dont ever shutup -- you are full of insite and we would just be lost without you~~ :)

Terman
02-01-2005, 12:42 AM
Hello,

I have found the four figures, the lego set, and the wookiee blaster. As for the one item I want the vehicle, no luck I know that Toys R Us on the west coast won't have them in stock on Feb. 1st, since the warehouse has yet to show any received in. So unless they are direct shipped to each store by Hasbro which I highly doubt, they won't be in for at least a week, since the computer doesn't give an ETA for on order items. The only real new thing coming this week is the re-release of the Lego Tie Fighter with the Darth Vader with Light up Lightsaber. Which is in the ad breaking on Sunday the 6th.

Good hunting to all,

Terman

jaxx
02-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Well, well... here it is... February 1st.:D Supposedly the preview figures are going to be on every shelf. YEAH RIGHT>>> :dis: Not here in Chicagoland!

I had to call a Target at 8AM a couple of days ago (while I sat in rush hour traffic on my way to work) to see if they had any of the preview figures in stock. Luckily, the ":greedy: greedy:greedy: " type of collectors (the ones who clear off every peg before anyone else has a chance to buy any) hadn't had the opportunity to get inside the store yet. I had to convince a store manager to hold the 4 figures for me until 7 PM that night. He tried telling me that he "had a full 8 pegs of the figures and he was sure that there would be some left that night," but I wasn't going to wait. Of course, as I walk into the Target that evening, I decided to go back to the toy department (before I went to customer service to pick up the held toys)... just to see if the pegs were overflowing with figures. :eek: CLEANED OUT!!!!:eek: They had nothing.. The only Star Wars item they had anywhere in the department was one Darth Vader voice changer. Nothing else! This is what I have to deal with out here.

By the way... I can't find the Titanium series of vehicles in any Wal Mart (not to mention that the pegs have been empty for a while now). I've asked managers of the stores out here, and they tell me that they haven't even seen them yet, or that they haven't heard of them. I've been to or called a total of 5 stores, and none of them has received any word on if or when they'll receive the vehicles.
Once again, forget about the Animated Clone Wars figures. I am still looking everywhere for the blue, yellow, and red Clone Trooper. Have they even hit the shelves yet? Does anyone know how many are to a case???
:rolleyes: I know that the ":greedy: greedy:greedy: " type of collectors are buying them all up, going back to their comic book stores or online, and selling them for $15 to $30 a pop. I don't mean to sound rude, but I get so frustrated with that kind of collector. Why consume every figure in sight, and leave nothing for your fellow collectors... or even for kids to buy and play with? Not only do you pi$$ off other collectors, but you pi$$ off the stores too. I saw a guy at aToys-R-Us (way back when) buy over $200 of Star Wars items so he could get like 10 silver Clone Troopers. The manager of the store told him that it was one Clone Trooper per purchase (didn't matter whether it was $20 of $2000)... so the dude made the cashier break up his order into 10 or so purchases. He said, "OK, per purchase, but not per person, right???" Then he left with his 10 Troopers. Other pepople caught on. Of course, the store was out of that figure by noon the first day. Did I get one... NOPE!
Does any one agree with me, or am I a lone wolf on this? :confused: :confused: :confused: Sorry for venting, but the hunting has been a bit frustrating lately.:crazed:

dindae
02-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Well I hit Wal-mart and they had the figures but no ship. Target also had the same. Toys R Us didn't have anything unless it is in an odd corner of the store. I didn't see the blaster either although I wasn't really looking for it. Jaxx I definately feel for you. Star Wars has cooled off enough so that I don't have many scalpers to compete with anymore but I remember the days of having to hit Walmart at 2 in the morning to get everything I wanted.

OC47150
02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
We can all relate, Jaxx. Especially after seeing pictures of what's to come.

I stopped by Meijer on the way into work this morning and 'on order' stickers greeted me. I checked the WM near my house last night; it did have the biggest selection of CW figures I'd seen in the stores but no preview figures.

The Target on my way home at night doesn't have anything either. I might check one more WM tonight.

ndjedi
02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Starfighter will not ship out until Feb. 8 according to StarwarsShop.com and Toysrus.com TRU says it will be ready to ship out on the 8th. So I wonder what was the delay with the vechicle and the Wookiee Water Blaster? It seems like Hasbro is teasing us with the 4 figues for now. Also can not seem to find the Topps ROTS trading cards as well. A card distributor guy stocking them up in Target today showed me what they are getting in for the week of April 4th for Topps and SW Pez items, in a mini promotional mag he had, very cool stuff, like taller SW Pez despensers and key chains and such.

If anyone finds the Starfighter earlier than the 8th, let us know here please!

Good luck to everyone else out there who also seems to be searching for Anakin's Starfighter, like me.

sith_killer_99
02-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Tuesday is here still my stores have nothing. And to top it all off I still can't buy my Han Solo Stormtrooper mini bust! Feels like ASH Tuesday, as in the bitter taste of ash left in my mouth by hollow promises. :(

JediTricks
02-02-2005, 04:11 AM
I hit 5 different stores today - 2 Targets, 2 TRUs and a Kmart - and each one had at least a few preview figures as well as Clone Wars figures. However, only the TRUs had the Lego set, and only 1 of those TRUs had the light-up Vader TIE Fighter set, and NOBODY had any sign of the Wookiee Super Soaker or the Hasbro Jedi Starfighter.

plasticfetish
02-02-2005, 04:51 AM
I hit 5 different stores todayDitto.

I hit 2 Targets, a TRU, a Wal*Mart, and (just for a laugh) a KB toys on the way home tonight -- and saw very little on the pegs. The Targets had maybe a handful of Wookiee and Grievous figures. The TRU had nothing new at all. The Wal*Mart had a big empty space where, I'm guessing, the preview figures will go when they unpack them. The KB is closing, so...

One of my Wal*Marts had the Lego sets a few days ago, and they're going quickly. No sign of the Jedi Starfighter or Wookiee squirt gun thing, not that I really need any more leaky Star Wars super soakers around my house. (But you know I'll buy one anyway.)

-----

Here's a question... has anyone seen any kind of advertising for any of the episode 3 toys (or maybe just the preview stuff) on TV yet? I'm sort of wondering just how eager the retailers are to get this stuff out, if there's been absolutely no effort on Hasbro's part to promote the new line yet.

Ji'dai
02-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Finally found the figures today. Still, it's been a frustrating week with reports of people finding the figures a week before the official release date. I found them first at TRU, which is the way it should be really. Toy retailers should get in new product long before the discount department stores, right? However, I'll be returning these as soon as I find them at Wal-Mart for $5.88.

It looks like Wal-Mart will be getting all of my Star Wars business this year. I ain't paying seven bucks each for prequel figures. It's just not gonna happen.

Kidhuman
02-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Still havent found them .....:Pirate:

Slicker
02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
Saw an arse load and I mean an arse load at the 2 WM I went to tonight.

Rocketboy
02-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Saw 'em at 2 different Targets today (except the droid).
The packaging is smaller than I expected. Looked bigger in the pics.
As for the figures themselves - I passed. They were nothing special, IMO.

Kidhuman
02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Finally found em.

OC47150
02-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Found all except the Wookie at WM on Saturday. The Wookie is plentiful at other places but for $7. I'll keep checking WM.

Terman
02-09-2005, 02:21 AM
The wookie water blaster is at Toys R Us where it has been since before Feb. 1st. , It is packed in a box that if the employee's don't know what it is they won't put out yet since the box doesn't have the don't sell till Feb 1, 2005 warning on it and it is under the seasonal code and not toy code, so it means Summer Toy, last I checked Toysrus.com has changed Anakin's Starfighter to not in stock till Feb 15 now. However it has arrived in the Stockton, Ca. Toys R Us warehouse, so it should be in the West coast Toys R Us's by next week at the latest, however there are only a little over 600 to go around so it should average out to about 12 ships a store with no more on order. So I hope this helps.

Thanks, and good hunting,
Terman

bobafrett
02-09-2005, 11:18 AM
At the time I did this poll, I had not found the figures, or anything EPIII, but the next day, I found all 4 figures at Target, and a few days later we got four trays of figures in, I managed to snag on of the trays with the photos of the 4 characters, and a hot splashing Lave all over the tray. I plan on using the tray to display the rest of the figures from EPIII.

Jedi Rimmert
02-09-2005, 03:12 PM
I found the 4 figures on Sunday at Wal-Mart and Meijer and then I saw Anakin's Starfighter at Meijer yesterday.

mastermatt24
02-09-2005, 06:36 PM
however there are only a little over 600 to go around so it should average out to about 12 ships a store with no more on order.
Great... Just what we need. First 12 people in the door get one..

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Target had a shelftag for the ship yesterday, but it was woefully empty.

Kidhuman
02-10-2005, 10:09 AM
JT if you could, please change my vote to found all the figures, but havent seen the JSF, but I really dont want it anyway, so I got what I need.

OC47150
02-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Picked up the starfighter at Meijer last night. It's nice. Haven't taken it out of the box, though. The box is bigger than I thought.

The 'sneak preview' logo is a sticker, so I'm guessing the ship will be re-released again later on.

ndjedi
02-10-2005, 11:10 AM
I got Anakin's Starfighter just now at Target, this morning at 9:50 am CST here in West Tx!
I had to go and ask a young lady who worked there to go and see if they had it in the back boxed up. She said, "The yellow one right?" I was so happy they had it! She told me she knew about it only because one of the guy employees there had opened the case earlier in the week and he got excited finding it. They only have 6 in a case.
Go up to your local Target and if you have to, ask the employees in the center back stock room area to go and find one for you. Usually, if the employees are stocking up early in the mornings, they can help you out.
I have not opened mine up as well, I have to return to work! It looks great, with all the cool side pics and all. I wish i had a scanner or my old digi cam with me to show you guys the pics w/ Target receipt, but Trust me, Anakin's Starfighter is out at most Targets! :D

ace2005
02-10-2005, 01:28 PM
ANAKINíS JEDI STARFIGHTER

The Starfighter has shown up at Target - Houston, Texas, seems to be 4 to a case, for 19.99.

The most I have seen at Target is four.

Good Luck,

JediTricks
02-11-2005, 06:39 PM
JT if you could, please change my vote to found all the figures, but havent seen the JSF, but I really dont want it anyway, so I got what I need.
Done. :)

I still haven't seen anything but shelf tags for the JSF yet, I am really hoping to find it soon.

Kidhuman
02-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks Top Dawg,

Emperor Chico
02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
I got all 4 of them on my birthday:D

Kidhuman
02-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Well Happy B-day and welcome to the boards.

mastermatt24
02-17-2005, 06:33 PM
KH beat me to it but, welcome to the fourms! :D