PDA

View Full Version : Okay, you blew a perfect chance to give us what we REALLY want!

El Chuxter
01-26-2005, 03:22 PM
I just learned that two exclusive 3-packs of animated Clone Wars figures are scheduled to hit Target shelves around the time of the Clone Wars DVD release.

Set 1:
Obi-wan
Anakin Skywalker
ARC Trooper

Set 2:
Assajj Ventress
General Grievous
Durge

WTF???

How incredibly easy would it have been to take the basic animated-style Clonetrooper body, slap on the existing animated Obi-Wan head, and maybe throw in a cape? How many times have fans literally begged for a figure (realistic or animated) of Obi-Wan in the Clonetrooper armor?

The ball was dropped here, and it wasn't fans, kids, or retailers who dropped it.

plo koon 200
01-26-2005, 03:41 PM
You have a point, somewhat. But, these three packs are not a major deal. They didn't do anything special for the last three packs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2005, 07:15 PM
I think it'd be a little more involved to make an Obi-Wan in armor. His costume isn't exactly the same as normal trooper armor. It would've been great to have, but the blandness of these three-packs makes them two less items to buy this spring, which is good.

Slicker
01-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Here's the pics of both 3-packs. http://www.mousedroid.com/

Kidhuman
01-26-2005, 10:33 PM
The only figure I would buy if it were animated is the Clone Wars Obi-Wan in armor. The rest I dont collect. But no matter what line that figure is in, it gets my money.

bobafett07728
01-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Yawn. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

They should've just came out with another wave, and slapped a "DVD Release" sticker on it (like the silly "Season III" stickers they have now.) Instead they put out a boxed set that will no doubt end up on clearance (the single packs did. . . why wouldn't these rehashes?) I'm going to look at this as money saved.

In my mind. . . the only rehashed boxed set that would have some attraction would be a boxed set of Clone Troopers. . . similar to the SA ones that are coming out. Otherwise. . . this is just another fumble in the red zone for Hasbro.

It really ****es me off when they realease stuff that is destined for the clearance rack. . . in the long run both collectors and Hasbro lose.

darthvyn
01-27-2005, 02:48 PM
for someone like me, who missed out on most of the figures, these are good. i'll be able to pick up the obi-wan, anakin, and that cool ARC trooper all at once. durge and greivous are still easy to purchase around me, and i already have ventress, so i won't need the other one...

however, if they did the obi-wan in clone armor, i'd be all over that like a sauce!

mastermatt24
01-27-2005, 04:46 PM
They really did blow it. They couldve put all new figs in these (Scuba Trooper, Mon Calamari, quarren, etc.) I would buy those in a heart beat but I sure WONT be buying these.

evenflow
01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Yeah they could have given us kit fisto, padme, r2, and 3po, but what else did you expect.

mastermatt24
01-29-2005, 12:22 AM
but what else did you expect.
More repacks! :frus: :mad:

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 11:38 AM
I actually dont own any of the figures coming in these 3packs. If they're a good price I might pick up the set with Durge, Ventress and Grevious.

DarthQuack
01-31-2005, 11:47 AM
For me it all depends on the price, they look decent even though they are re-packs with no Obi-Wan in trooper gear :frus: