PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Crawl of ROTS

DarthQuack
01-26-2005, 10:36 PM
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/f20050126/indexp2.html

Am I just slow? Is there already a thread about this? I didn't see one, so I just made a new one. Please close if it has already been open.

2-1B
01-27-2005, 03:49 AM
I think it's pretty cool. I'm loving the use of an exclamation point "War!" It's a new addition to the crawls but it feels like an oldtime news headline.

Fluke Skywalker
01-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Other than the 'WAR!' part, it reads pretty much like the other crawls it seems. In AotC GL mixed it up by tilting up instead of down, this time he tweaked the crawl.

The one thing I don't get is that the crawl makes it appear as if the Seperatists are winning. That is quite a change from earlier reports that made it seem that kidnapping Palps was an act of desperation.

Slicker
01-27-2005, 12:20 PM
There is another thread but you both posted them within a couple of minutes of each other.

The Force was strong with you two.

JEDIpartner
01-27-2005, 01:39 PM
I personally think that the crawl fits like a glove here. There is nothing outrageous or out of place contained within it. I don't think anyone would have made such a big deal out of it if it hadn't been revealed until was on the screen. It's like the titles... "The Phantom Menace"... "Attack of the Clones". Both were groaners but, in the end, it ended up being fine Saturday matinee entertainment at its finest... :)

Elliejabbapop
01-27-2005, 01:58 PM
I love the WAR! bit :-))