PDA

View Full Version : Length of Lightsaber Hilt

bobafett07728
01-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Hello! I am creating a lightsaber prop to go along with my Jedi costume. . . as I'm sure most of you have already done. What is the "official" length of the lightsaber hilt. I checked out the Master Replicas page, but they had no measurements on their sabers. I want to make sure I don't make mine too small, or long. Thanks for your help!

Jayspawn
01-28-2005, 01:29 PM
The average length of a Lightsaber hilt is between 10 and 11 inches -at the most from end to end.

JediTricks
01-29-2005, 12:20 AM
I just measured my ROTJ Luke saber hilt, it's precisely 11 and a half inches long - including the emitter tip that held the dowels which is just shy of a half-inch. Anakin's Ep 2 saber is a little smaller than most, but you can't go too wrong with 10" to 12" in length. I feel the key to a great saber is the width, if you make it too wide or too narrow the look is lost (though you probably have more leeway with "too wide" I guess). Best of luck on your saber, let us know how it comes out and feel free to post pics and info on its progress. :)

bobafett07728
01-31-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys!!! My saber is currently going to be about 10 1/2 inches. I was worried that it may be too small, so I posted the question before putting it all together. I'm going to try to post some pics of the saber, and my Jedi Belt (which I have nearly finished) when they are all complete! Thanks again!

BenGrapevine
09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Hello, I am building my own prop lightsaber, and I was wondering what the average diameter of it is?

1 inch?
1 1/4th inch?

Please reply.

JediTricks
09-28-2010, 07:07 PM
My Luke ROTJ unauthorized saber is 1.33 inches in diameter which jives with the prop I have actually seen.