PDA

View Full Version : Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight), new pics

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2005, 04:26 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3877&zoneid=2

I think this one is much better than the Saga version. She has much more articulation. The new figures also look really good. Looks like we'll be getting Collection 2 versions of Ani, Obi, and Yoda. Obi-Wan looks charred a bit; it's nice to see a cloaked Anakin; and I can't tell the difference between the April 2 Yoda and this one. Tarfful looks sweet, so do Ki-Adi-Mundi, Saesee, and Luminara.

I wonder why the got this figure before the got the entire April 2 series? Oh well. Now we know Aayla fights on Felucia. I guess that Hyperspace comic leads up to it.

Slicker
01-27-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm curious as to why they would do an entire resculpt of a very, very minor character when they still haven't given us some semi-major characters (Cliegg Lars) or even a good sculpt of Qui-Gon Jinn. It's a nice looking figure yes but set straight the faults that you're already incurred.

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Kids will wants Jedis after seeing the movie. I dont thin ka kid would want Cleigg Lars. During movie years, kids get top priority, because they know collectors will buy them anyway.

ethansports
01-27-2005, 09:05 PM
where did u find pics of collection 2 obi and anakin? are there are new ROTS figure pics?

Slicker
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
Where it says related articles right below the picture it says ROTS Collection 2 Carded.

Beast
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
where did u find pics of collection 2 obi and anakin? are there are new ROTS figure pics?
They're on the back of the Aayla Secura figure card.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
01-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Looks liek the Royal Guard has a cloth cape, not bad

plo koon 200
01-27-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm more excited about that Anakin than I am the Aayla. I mean the Aayla is a cool figure in all... Does anyone else feel the way that I do. I kind of feel as if the ROTS line is like OTC in a way. Yah, we get all new sculpts but it is not like POTJ or Saga '04 where they were new characters.

Tycho
01-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Well Aayla's popular because of the comics. But so is Quinlan Vos (her former master in the comics). Rumor has it that he's a possible candidate to be played by an actor for ROTS.

If Hasbro wants to sculpt more Jedi, why not Quinlan then?

How about Batar Swan (Asian female Human Jedi)

Sora Bulq (Weequay Vaapad Lightsaber Master - male - went Dark Side)

I was so glad when we got Pablo Jill and Coleman Trebor this year and in 2003 respectively.

Luminara will be useful for AOTC scenes as well, since she's not pre-posed so you can use her in Palpatine's office scenes from "Clones," - same goes for Kit Fisto. We wanted those in the Scene-By-Scene most wanted figure threads, as well as a non pre-posed Barriss Offee - which we'll probably get since they're bothering to give us a 12" of her.

jedi master sal
01-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I think this Aayla is WAY better. I don't mind getting the same characters as long as the figure is better. In this case I think Hasbro has done right by several characters then. Taking a look at the back of the car you see that indeed Kit Fisto, Luminara and Shaak Ti get a new treatment and seem the better for it.

And kidhuman was right that kids will want more Jedi rather than other background characters. We many eventually see Cliegg pegwarming, but for now, Hasbro needs to put out figures that are exciting. Jedi do that. Better sculpts will get us collectors buying them too.

So I'm sticking up for Hasbro this time.

If I recall correctly, we saw MANY of the same figures recarded back in the vinatge era. Nobaody seemed to complain back then. (Course the internet was not then what it is today)

Simply put, if you don't like them, don't buy them.

Getting back to Aayla, I'll buy a few of her. One I'm definitely looking to get signed by Amy Allen (the former Lucasfilm employee turned actress who played her in AOTC and ROTS) at Celebration 3.

-Sal

plo koon 200
01-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Its not that I don't like them Jedi Master Sal, I like most of these figures a lot. The new sculpts look amazing. What I don't like is the fact that we are getting an overwhelming number of figures that we already have in a different sculpt and as Tycho pointed out there are so many other Jedi that Hasbro could choose to do.

I love getting a resculpt once per wave but I like getting new figures as well.
Ideally, I love waves that go like this
1. Needed Resculpt
2. New version of a Main Character
3. Background/Never Before made Character
4. Background/Never Before made Character

CooLJoE
01-30-2005, 05:35 AM
Getting back to Aayla, I'll buy a few of her. One I'm definitely looking to get signed by Amy Allen (the former Lucasfilm employee turned actress who played her in AOTC and ROTS) at Celebration 3.

-Sal

Good idea.

Can someone tell me how the signing thing at C2 worked? I have an idea to bring an Unleasher Aayla, AOTC Aayla, and ROTS Aayla for Amy Allen to sign, but would I have to stand in line 3 times? Or could I just pay the $45 ($15 each signing I guess) and get her to sign all 3 at the same time?

Let me know, cuz its something that I want to do. If not, maybe I'll just visit her once each day and get a different item signed.

Can't help it, Aayla Secura is one of my favorites. She's female, twi'lek, jedi, and blue........whats not to like :D

jedi master sal
01-31-2005, 02:58 PM
This time you are able to pay once for however many items. At least that's how I read it on the Celebration website. So you should only need wait in line once.

BTW, thanks for reminding me about the Unleashed Aayla. Guess she'll be making a trip to Indy with me as well. (Now if I can just bring the real one back home with me...uh nevermind, the fiancee probably wouldn't like that, ha ha ;) )

CooLJoE
02-01-2005, 01:57 AM
Cool. One trip with all 3 figs should be easy enough then.

Yeah, it'd be nice to take home the real one. ;) lol

BobaPhlegm
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Well Aayla's popular because of the comics. But so is Quinlan Vos (her former master in the comics). Rumor has it that he's a possible candidate to be played by an actor for ROTS.

If Hasbro wants to sculpt more Jedi, why not Quinlan then?

Well, Quinlan supposedly was in The Phantom Menace. Look for him sitting at a table in the background when Sebulba is about to wail on Jar-Jar (damn you, Anie, for interfering!).

Hasbro can go ahead and make a figure of him without venturing into EU territory if they wanted.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2005, 07:43 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3916&zoneid=2

Just figured I'd post these here as they're in the same wave. I like the use of cloth on both these guys, and how they completely stopped making metal sabers. This is the second Ki-Adi Mundi (Jedi Master) and third Saesee Tiin (Jedi Master) figure, they really need to start coming up with more creative names. Looks like we'll have to add Mygeeto to the ever-growing list of ROTS planets . . .

Slicker
02-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Hopefully the mention of Mygeeto is just in passing thought like the moons of Bogden and such.

These figures look great though. I'm expecially geeked about the Ki-Adi-Mundi. Look promising.

Fluke Skywalker
02-05-2005, 09:54 PM
I think they look pretty good, but I don't really like either of these characters so I think I'll pass (Though I might pick up Ki)

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Ki-Adi looks okay, but I prefer the Saga version.

Saesee looks pretty lame, though. It seems to be a repainted Saga head on a new body. If I wasn't a completist, I'd pass on this one.

darthzirock
02-06-2005, 02:22 AM
If I recall correctly, we saw MANY of the same figures recarded back in the vinatge era. Nobaody seemed to complain back then. (Course the internet was not then what it is today) Um, if I remember correctly, the Internet in 1978 (first year of Kenner vintage figure release) was still a military network. Somehow, I don't think the Pentagon was b*tching about the fact that Darth Vader didn't get an all-new sculpt for TESB or ROTJ lines! ;)

I think Aayla got the new sculpt because we're gonna see her not only as a hologram, but "in the flesh." (STOP DROOLING!!!) We might even see her getting snuffed by Clone Troopers. :eek:

General_Grievous
02-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Funny thing about Aayla...

I'm wondering how she could have survived that beating that General Grievous gave her in the Clone Wars cartoon.

I'm also wondering if she'll be on the Jedi Council in ROTS.

Joshkj
02-06-2005, 01:19 PM
Wow im really exited, being thtis is my first time ctually trying to collect starwars...
Anyways my favorite is teh Darth Vader it looks great. But why they felt the need to put that silver chain around his neck i dont know...:confused: .
What is this thing you guys are talking about getinng signed where:confused:
Sry for all my stupidness but im new and i think im staying...

CooLJoE
02-07-2005, 02:41 AM
Wow im really exited, being thtis is my first time ctually trying to collect starwars...
Anyways my favorite is teh Darth Vader it looks great. But why they felt the need to put that silver chain around his neck i dont know...:confused: .
What is this thing you guys are talking about getinng signed where:confused:
Sry for all my stupidness but im new and i think im staying...

At Celebration III in Indianapolis, IN coming April 21-24. Its the biggest StarWars event that happens right before each movie (well, the prequels anyways). And most of the stars from the movies will be there, including Amy Allen who plays Aayla Secura in the AOTC and ROTS.

A couple of us have plans to get the Aayla Secura figures signed by Amy Allen.

Joshkj
02-07-2005, 03:08 AM
I wish i could go but im in cali and im 15 :( and its the last starwars movie:(

If your in Michigan how are you geting there????

Tycho
02-07-2005, 03:27 AM
Funny thing about Aayla...

I'm wondering how she could have survived that beating that General Grievous gave her in the Clone Wars cartoon.

I'm also wondering if she'll be on the Jedi Council in ROTS.

Clone Wars Season 3 (this March or April I think) is supposed to start as picking up during the last episode (#20) of 2nd Sn. and answer that.

Facing Gen. Grievous were 6 Jedi:

Ki Adi Mundi - lives on in E3
Shaak-Ti - lives on in E3
Aayla Secura - lives on in E3
Kkruhk (Whipid Jedi from Dark Horse Comics fame) - fate - probably lives on*
Turban-headed Jedi - likely killed
"Shaggy" padawan (from Scooby-Doo joke) - seriously killed

The question is "where in the timeline do these stories take place?"

Well using the timeline in ANY Clone Wars novel, and the "This story takes place xx months after The Battle of Geonosis (AOTC)," one can figure out that Kkruhk appears in the comics AFTER this encounter with General Grievous as well.

So perhaps the General can kill Jedi, but it's not THAT easy for him, and he's just good at knocking them out when fighting a lot of them. Plus the cartoon exaggerates or Mace Windu could have defeated every battle droid in the Geonosis Arena by himself, single-handedly. ;)

In any case, Ventress keeps being mistaken for dead and coming back, as Dark Horse's "Obssession" title should be the end for her and it takes place right before "Labrynth of Evil", the novel that leads into Episode 3.

What's interesting is that in previews of the Clone Wars Sn 3 art that I've seen, Anakin will have longer hair. I gather he has permission to not keep "military protocal of a padawan" once he's Knighted. But the incident with Grievous and Shaak-Ti, Ki-Adi, Aayla, et. all happens over a year or more before Anakin is knighted.

So will the CW cartoon pickup doing ONE episode (#21) at 6 months after Geonosis and then the rest (#22 and then on) be taking place 2 years after Geonosis? That'll probably be the way they'll have to do it - it's the only way they can - unless during the war, Obi-Wan lets Anakin grow his hair out and unruly because they don't have time for padawan protocal or Anakin's too arrogant to keep following it all the time.

But I think they grow a pony tail, then at knighthood, cut the tail and braid it into the longer braid, and then weave their hair into their new padawans, with the braid also being banded (by each ribbon) with the hair of their previous master. Thus in E1, Obi-Wan's braid was also part of Qui-Gon's and Dooku's hair. In E2, Anakin's braid is Obi-Wan's and Qui-Gon's, maybe.

Mace shaved his padawan's cat. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2005, 12:52 PM

Dude I'm 15 too and I'm going; I'm in Colorado. I'm going with my parents and we'll either take the train or drive.

You should see if you could go, it's going to be great, if the others were any indication of what's to come.

General_Grievous
02-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Kkruhk (Whipid Jedi from Dark Horse Comics fame) - fate - probably lives on

I strongly disagree with this. I think that Kkruhk is dead, dead, dead. We even saw the look on Shaak Ti's face as Grievous slashed him. He has to be dead. Well, we'll know for sure in March.

Slicker
02-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life. I've only been collecting SW since '96 so I'm really new to it also but it's been loads of fun to buy and also to trade. Even if you don't get one of everything you'll have tons of fun. Enjoy the collecting.:D

Tycho
02-08-2005, 02:03 AM
Halo, you can start becoming a pro by doing some simple exercises at home.

Go to a going-out-of-business sale wherever there is one, and ask if you can buy the peg-racks (like the kind SW figures hang on in retail stores).

Bring them home and set them up about 6 across and 3-4 down.

Hang the carded figures you have on these pegs and fill your racks.

Have a stop watch to time yourself.

Now set your alarm for 6am.

When you wake up:

1) Start your watch
2) get dressed as fast as you can - picking up your wallet and keys as you go.
3) run outside as fast as you can.
4) now run back inside and hit your racks. Decide to only cherry-pick the Imperials for one run. See how fast you can grab them without damaging the cards. Pick on Imperials and make sure you get all of them.

5) check your time. Then repeat this exercise, putting all the figures back and perhaps picking up Rebels, or Luke figures specifically this time. Make sure you're good at leaving nothing behind.

6) Now you're ready for the big time! By the point where you'll have a driver's license, you'll be in prime condition to start Real-Collecting.

Remember that it's harder with competition.

Stores may have just polished the floors before opening - wear shoes with good rubber tread, always.

You may have to get physical with the Hot Wheels guys. They are identified as balding older men that look too old to not have Real-Jobs. They will get your Star Wars stuff if they don't have little metal cars to fight over and then take them to the Swap Meet. I recommend taking a self-defense class - like Akido for Star Wars collecting. Make sure your instructor is short and talks backward.

Hmmm. Not much else I can offer - oh - leave for stores early. You'll have to contend with Rush-Hour on weekdays so make sure you don't get into an accident. Have a map in your car (when you get one) showing the locations of all Targets, Wal-Marts, and Toys R Us stores within a 30 mile radius of you. Mark each store's opening time on the map and plot a travel course that maximizes the amounts of stores you can hit as soon as or right before they open. Later on, I'll teach you how to establish a team to make this easier.

Now, Welcome to the world of Star Wars collecting!

Joshkj
02-08-2005, 02:11 AM
Ummm are you serious, or are you messing with me(gaa dont mess with the rookie)

And i think ill come with you on midnight madness on the first, and follow you, or kill you either one im in the mood for...

CooLJoE
02-08-2005, 03:27 AM

Easy, I'm 26 years old. I'm driving down there with my best friend and staying at a hotel that we booked a couple weeks ago (switched from one I booked back in October). Michigan is on the border of Indiana, so its not really that far.

Joshkj
02-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Maybe my cousin would go with me.. that would be awsome,so when is it? or is there a sight for it?

Slicker
02-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Here's the site link for Celebration III (http://www.starwarscelebration.com/swchome.aspx?file=swc)