PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive this spring

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 05:10 PM
This spring the new Target exclusice is Micro Machines. Just announced on Hasbro's website, each set will contain 2 Micro Figures and 2 Micro Vehicles

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1132/dn/default.cfm

Jangu Fett
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
These look promising, although the ships aren't really micro machine scale. More like Galoob's X-Ray Fleet. I really hope there are other set released to other stores. Other sets for ATTACK OF THE CLONES, and REVENGE OF THE SITH.

Is anyone else hoping that the A-Wings canopy can open, to fit the figure? Withful thinking, I know, but still.

Slicker
01-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Is anyone else hoping that the A-Wings canopy can open, to fit the figure? Withful thinking, I know, but still.I'm thinking that you Micro Machiners should just be thankful that they're still gonna make SW MM's.

BTW, I've got an idea howza bout we release some ROTS MM on those ROTS cards instead of the same old ones.

Kidhuman
01-27-2005, 06:36 PM
It said wave 1 Slicker, hopefully more to follow from the prequels and ESB.

shinakuma43
01-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Looks like Die Cast/X-Ray Scale. I look forward to seeing the figures and the B-Wing I'm sure will be nice. If they are plastic I'm sure they are just X-Rays painted like the boxed set which looked nice and so I hope these do too.

later,
S43

LTBasker
01-27-2005, 07:29 PM
At least it's something unique. Think about how popular that one X-ray set is with the painted ships.

They really need to rethink their packaging design though... I mean you can hardly see the vehicles. I can't see a point in releasing a Sandcrawler and Landspeeder set though in the first wave, that's gonna sit for sure.

sicqnus
01-27-2005, 08:37 PM
These are painted X-Rays. The B-wing is from set #5. The figures seemed to be made by the Hasbro MM team who made the new board games figures. Same scale (and sometimes molds) than the Die-Casts.
New XR and new DC's (wave 2) with always the same mistake : rehashes launched before the real new products...

Will get them anyway (good news, great packaging, begging for more...).

Obi-Wan : Why don't you listen to me Anakin ?
Hasbro : I try master, I try...

mastermatt24
01-28-2005, 12:20 AM
One thing Im glad about a lot of ROTS stuff is that ill be able to pass on it without regret... Like these. Allthough they look good they are still basicly repacks and I could care less about them (Why cant I do this with the figs?? :confused: :crazed: ) I dont think Hasbro will get over the repacks.. I think that they are killing their own lines with those darn repacks, is the titanium libe going to last? I dont think so. Will this line last? Dont think so either.

britcit3
01-28-2005, 01:56 AM
Quelle suprise!

Re-hashes - I bet they sell like hot-cakes...............NOT.

Well done Hbro.

BC3

Jangu Fett
01-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Wasn't there going to be a Micro Transforming Playset also? Wonder what happened to that?

Can you say - - - C A N C E L E D - - - boys and girls? Sure, I knew that you could.

StarmanSkywalker
01-28-2005, 03:05 PM
AWESOME!

About the playset, we'll hopefully have more of these to look forward to in the near future. Toy Fair 2005 will reveal lots more of toys and hopefully new Micros and Action Fleet ships will be among them.

What hypes me the most is that the figures seem to be all new. I don't mind that these are slightly larger that the regular Micro Machines. It's a good idea to at least give us a creative rehash instead of just rehash the regular Micro Machines. I however would want the newer Micros to be in scale with Galoob's (and Hasbro's Ep 1 product line).
Let's hope the actual line will not be limited to one store and sell well.
Hasbro, give this line a future.
:cool:

Jangu Fett
01-28-2005, 04:05 PM
I thought that too. However I'm worried that these 3 sets are the micro sets listed awhile back. And if thats the case, I really don't see a future for the line if they are restricted to just one store.

But, I also don't think these are the only sets we will be seeing. A month or so ago some website had a list of all of Hasbro ROTS releases. Listed were 2 Micro Battles, I think that's what they were listed as anyway, with 2 Micro ships and figures. And also a Micro Transforming Playset was listed with a micro ship, figures, and other features. And I not sure, but I think they did say EPIII Micro Battle or Playset.

Jangu Fett
01-28-2005, 04:13 PM
OK, I was wrong they are not listed as EPIII Micro sets. And they don't say how many will be released. Here (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=13431) Is a link to the list. Notice That it does say there is a micro playset, to be released.

JediTricks
01-29-2005, 02:11 AM
I think unless the price-point on these is pretty low, these are going to BOMB. While I give Hasbro partial credit for giving it a little effort, the fact that they chose these 10-year-old X-Rays molds for rehashing is going to be mondo disappointing for newbies expecting better quality or moving parts since these have NONE. I have the painted A-wing, Falcon, and Sandcrawler, they're alright but their Die Cast retoolings are better in every way, the A-wing has those cannons fused to the body and no opening cockpit (though at least it has the open thrust ring at the back of the stabilizers), the Sandcrawler doesn't open up, and the Falcon's dish and guns are fused straight down for an ugly look. I'll be buying the B-wing one for sure as I don't have that mold in any version, but I really wish they had tried a little harder or chosen better products. And why go with the ROTS packaging? I guess because it's there, but seems really odd and confusing.

BTW, I totally couldn't tell that these weren't MM minifigs, I guess I never liked 'em enough to pay attention. :D

britcit3
01-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Amen JT

BC3

Jangu Fett
02-01-2005, 01:58 PM
The only Action Fleet style items we'll see is the Revell snapfast jedi fighters, both Anakin's, and Ob1's. They are going to be around 6-7 inches. To bad they won't be as sturdy.