PDA

View Full Version : Two Shows in the Dallas Area in February!

JediCole
01-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Hello to all DFW area SSG members. Just a heads up on two shows in February which are back to back! There is All-Con, the first annual installment of a fan-run show February 4-6, 2005. This event will be held at the Dallas Sterling Hotel in Dallas, TX. Though I've just recevied word that they will not have the life-size X-Wing after all (due to ownership issues), they still have a full line-up featuring three days of fun and forums, the official Miss Star Wars Contest (for which yours truly has been named a judge), shadow cast of Rocky Horror and Mulan Rouge, and more. Guests include the actors who portrayed Tessek (Squid Head) and a Mon Calimari Officer. Visit www.all-con.org for details.
And if you miss that, or have two free weekends, check out the Dallas ComiCon/Sci-Fi Expo in Richardson, TX (at the Richardson Civic Center). This long-running DFW show will feature The Punisher's Tom Jane, The Medium's Patricia Arquette, master of macabre art Bernie Wrighson, and Samwise Gamgee himself, Sean Astin!
Look for JediCole and Mrs. JediCole at both of these shows!

JediBoulton
01-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey Jedi Cole -- nice Signature line. I knew NOTHING about the Sterling Show -- I am going to haveto do a better job at keeping up with things.

I would love to make it this weekend -- I will search for the place. I knew about the one in richardson I will be going to that one on Sunday I believe. There is a small comic place next to my house that I have found a samwise figure for $5.00 to get signed 00 he was cool. Mrs JediBoulton went out and got a GOONIES poster to have signed -- she is a nut !!

See ya soon -- we still need to come out and see you guys!!!

PS -- dont forget about our next chance to see David Prowse, Ray Park, and Danial Logan, comming up in a few months -- That will be GREAT ALSO !!

JediCole
02-10-2005, 02:59 PM
JB, Thanks for finding my thread. As it worked out, A Piece of the Action Collectibles (Mrs. JediCole, Jedi Master W., and myself) became the exclusive vendor to All-Con 2005! We had a blast and could really spread out. It was a great show despite everything conspired to make it fail. We cannot wait until next February!
You brought up a good point about how easily these shows slip by people's notice. I will try to post a full Texas calendar listing here of all shows of interest (or potential interest) to SSG members sometime soon. I am compiling such a list for the APOTAC newsletter. Be sure and look for Mrs. JediCole and me at ComiCon this weekend, we will be set up somewhere along the walls. Also, I have it on good authority that Amy (Ayla Secura) Allen will be returning to Dallas in May as part of the Star Wars convention!