PDA

View Full Version : Things in "Labyrinth of Evil" relating to ROTS?

JEDIpartner
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
A couple things I noted while reading this afternoon...

Mace Windu regarded that Palpatine had a penchant for religious artifacts. One thing he noticed was a small statue of Wapoe, "the mythical artisan demigod of disguise."
Greivous was "maimed" in a shuttle crashed and was brought back to life by cybernetic engineering that was developed by the Geonosians. The Geonosians also "had ways of modifying the mind without a patient ever being aware that he had been tampered with. Greivous certainly believed that he had always been the cold-blooded conqueror he was now, when in truth his cruelty and prowess owed much to his rebuilding."
Could the same techniques be used on Anakin when "they" made him Darth Vader?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I find it unlikely . . . it's not like he was a good little boy, got a new suit, and started being an a-hole. He'll already be on the dark side for a while (in the fight with Obi-Wan) so I don't think they altered his mind.

I bet it's just a character enhancement for Grievous. Still interesting, though. Do they talk about what he looked like pre-accident?

Why haven't the Jedi figured it out yet? Hmm, Palpatine seems shifty, oh look, he has a statue of a guy in disguise . . . bah, bet he got it at a flea market! :D

JEDIpartner
01-29-2005, 09:59 AM
They said that Grievous was reptilian and had many wives and children.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2005, 02:12 PM
"Despite his (Dooku's) mastery of the Quey'tek technique for hiding oneself in the Force, they had located him!"

The same thing Palpatine may be using...?

scruffziller
02-05-2005, 11:04 AM
They said that Grievous was reptilian and had many wives and children.

Sounds like he is a Trandoshan.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2005, 11:29 AM
No, his eyes and Bossk's are completely different.

It's possible that Palpatine is using that. I want to read that book but the stupid library doesn't have it . . .

JEDIpartner
02-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Luceno throws out every EU reference possible... names, places and the like. If Grievous were Trandoshan, he would have named him as such.

General_Grievous
02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
I thought he was a Trandoshan as well when I read that, but then I made the same observation that JJL did and realized that their eyes were completely different.

I wonder if we'll ever find out what Grievous used to be...

JEDIpartner
02-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Another little sidebar... TC-16 comes walking past Threepio during a battle on Couscant. TC-16 had been with Dyne's strike force when they had gone into the secret sub-basement of 500 Republica (the building where many of the senators and government officials live). The strike force was met by Geonosians with disruptor rifles and, as Dyne lay there dying, he saw a certain cunning "someone" and knew that the Republic was in trouble. So... Padme asks Threepio what the silver droid said to him and he responds something like this, "I was told that if, in the future, a memory wipe was offered to me I should take or I should live out my remaining years in fear of a certain knowledge."

So... it looks like old Goldenrod is going to graciously accept Bail's order of a memory wipe.

General_Grievous
02-22-2005, 12:08 AM
I also noticed some things in LOE that I think I should bring up.

-There are mentions of sieges on the planets Mygeeto, Saleucami, and Felucia. These are three planets that are supposedly in ROTS.

-Also it mentions members of the Jedi Council that will be in Episode 3. The members are:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (NEW MEMBER)
Mace Windu
Yoda
Ki-Adi Mundi
Saesee Tiin
Plo Koon
Shaak Ti
Stass Allie (NEW MEMBER)
Kit Fisto (NEW MEMBER)
Agen Kolar (NEW MEMBER, SEE LINK BELOW)
Jedi Master-Pablo-Jill's Species (NEW MEMBER, SEE LINK BELOW)

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/imgview.php?id=01259

So now we have proof of 11 of the 12 Jedi Council members that will be in ROTS. Who could the 12th member be? Place your bets! I have a hunch that it might be Luminara Unduli.

InsaneJediGirl
02-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Luminara would make a good Council member,considering she would be easily recongized by those who arent all crazy about SW as us.The one thing that got me in LOE is how close the Jedi were to just capturing anyone.It seems like a desperate ploy too little,too late.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-24-2005, 11:06 AM
I also noticed some things in LOE that I think I should bring up.

-There are mentions of sieges on the planets Mygeeto, Saleucami, and Felucia. These are three planets that are supposedly in ROTS.

-Also it mentions members of the Jedi Council that will be in Episode 3. The members are:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (NEW MEMBER)
Mace Windu
Yoda
Ki-Adi Mundi
Saesee Tiin
Plo Koon
Shaak Ti
Stass Allie (NEW MEMBER)
Kit Fisto (NEW MEMBER)
Agen Kolar (NEW MEMBER, SEE LINK BELOW)
Jedi Master-Pablo-Jill's Species (NEW MEMBER, SEE LINK BELOW)

http://www.aptirrelevance.com/sw-archive/imgview.php?id=01259

So now we have proof of 11 of the 12 Jedi Council members that will be in ROTS. Who could the 12th member be? Place your bets! I have a hunch that it might be Luminara Unduli.
Apparently, the new trailer says how Anakin is appointed to the Council. What happened to Oppo Rancisis and Even Piell, though?

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Really??? I've read rumors of that, but if it's in the trailer then it must be true. He's not even a master yet!

Oppo and Even were probably killed during the Clone Wars. Makes sense, too, since they seemed to be the weakest of the Council. If the Jedi Council had a Dodgeball game, they'd be picked last. :p

Depa Billaba, Adi Gallia and Eeth Koth are missing as well. Maybe we'll find out what happened to them in the new season of "Clone Wars"....

JEDIpartner
02-24-2005, 06:19 PM
I can't wait... we're all getting SO close to the release date... can you feel it?

General_Grievous
02-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah, and just three more weeks till the next trailer, too! I can't wait! :D

2-1B
02-25-2005, 03:45 AM
It's my understanding that Anakin is on the Council more as a representative of Palpatine . . . anyone else hear that ?

Sith Lord 0498
02-25-2005, 05:36 AM
I've read that too. Apparently, that is one of the major sources of conflict between Anakin and the Council (Mace in particular). The Council is starting to trust Anakin less b/c of his close alliance with Palpatine (whom they are suspicious of and asked Anakin to spy on) and they refuse to grant him the rank of Jedi Master--something that gets Anakin PO'd. I guess he thinks he should only have to stay a Knight for 6 months. :rolleyes:

Tycho
02-25-2005, 04:43 PM
This book is really awesome and perhaps James Luceno tops Timothy Zahn as an EU writer. I love his knowledge and references to other EU events like Quinlan Vos' adventures in the comics.

As to Anakin not being a Master - I thought a Knight had to fully train a padawan into a Knight, in order for themselves to become a true Master?

I'm not at all surprised that Anakin couldn't handle having a padawan of his own.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-25-2005, 06:48 PM
In TPM, Ki-Adi-Mundi was a Knight but on the Council. As far as I know, I believe the issue with Anakin is brought up in the trailer as well. Something like, "Your appointment to the Council does not mean you are a Jedi Master." But yes, as Palpatine's bodyguard and a Council Member, he was asked to keep tabs on the other by both sides. He's a double agent, times two. :stupid:

BTW, Depa Billaba went nuts and got booted off the Council in Shatterpoint.

General_Grievous
02-25-2005, 11:30 PM
Thanks for pointing out the Depa thing...didn't know about that.

But I think Ki-Adi was in the process of training a padawan during TPM, so it makes just a little bit more sense.