PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Shop . com

jedi-cpa
01-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Are they kidding!?!?! Can they actually stay in business?!?! Who buys this stuff at those prices!?!?! Anyone?

Anyone here?

It is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

$200 for a lightsabre pendant, which let's face it, if I wore in public, I'd kick my own *****!

If you want to sell high ticket items fine, how about a life size Han solo in carbonite, like back in the day, those types of things, but $14 coffee mugs!?!

$20 posters!

$40 check book cover!!!!!

Are they serious!?!

Kidhuman
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
I never even look there. The first day it went up was the last day I looked.

sith_killer_99
01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
So far I have purchased:

shopstarwars exclusive Stormtrooper Bust-Ups 3 pack (X4) $15.00 each
Holiday Edition Yoda $11.95
Silver Sandtrooper $11.99
Pre-order Kotobukiya Sandtrooper Corporal (Black) $99.99
Pre-order Kotobukiya Sandtrooper Sergeant (White) $99.99
Pre-order Kotobukiya Sandtrooper Squad Leader (Orange) $99.99

I haven't really checked out much of their stuff, but what I got was pretty reasonable. Bust-ups go for $5.00 each anyway, so a squad of 3 for $15.00 is OK with me and considering the cost of a Silver Sandtrooper on Ebay or Brian's $12.00 with a star case is pretty good. Holiday Yoda goes for $15.00-$25.00 on Ebay as well, so $12.00 seems pretty good.

Oh, they also got a shipment in of the Holo Emperor a week or two ago for like $12.00, but I didn't act in time and he went too quick. Oh well, I already had one, but it would have been nice to get one to open. Maybe they will get more.

As for the Koto's, well they go for like $100.00 each anyway, and since these are exclusives I can deal with the price.

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Right on sith killer. Shop.com's prices are not too bad. They sell merchandise for retail prices, $20 for a limited (or hard to get) poster isnt unheard of. $200 for a silver and jade lightsaber pendant/necklace is reasonable if you want one. You can go to a jeweler and pay more I'm sure. $12-16 for a t-shirt is a good price!

I've noted that they have a good selection of collectibles and make Exclusive merchanside readily available. One of the main reasons I like the Shop.com is that they dont carry the same crap you see in stores. That would be boring and you wouldnt order anyways. I support em!

2-1B
02-03-2005, 03:08 AM
I ordered a Darth Tater last night for 11.99 (how much will these retail for ? ) because I needed to order something to get the exclusive free promo card . . .

Then a few hours later I went back to place a duplicate order for a friend who wants that card, and sure enough the Taters were sold out.

sith_killer_99
02-03-2005, 06:38 AM
Well, I got my Silver Sandtrooper, Holiday Yoda and 6 more GG Stormtrooper Bust-Ups (No Black Hole Stormie :( ). The Silver Sandtrooper shipped in a Star Case and arrived in excellent condition. The Yoda is also in great condition.

So far no complaints from me. :D Aside from the fact that they tend to sell out of stuff pretty quick, but that's to be expected.

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeah I'm gonna get me a Tater. I'll wait till April when they hit stores.

gsr-jedi
02-03-2005, 08:08 PM
I think the Tater is supposed to be hitting stores this month, since it was shipping from SWS in February. I thought it was supposed to be out on the 1st with all the other stuff.

tagmac
02-03-2005, 08:33 PM
If I want to order cases, I'll go to Entertainment Earth. Why can't Star Wars Shop do their loyal fans a favor and offer the figures individually like they used to do in the Jawa trader - only this time, make newer figures available and actually update the inventory more than once a year.

JEDIpartner
02-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I've ordered a couple things from them... it just depends on what it is. I won't order toys from them unless they are exclusives. Amazon has the new vehicles for $19.99 and they have them for $27.99. I mean, really...

InsaneJediGirl
02-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I agree with JEDIpartnr,it really just depends on what the item is.Some stuff I couldnt find in stores and is "exclusive" to them.For things like the Darth Tater and cases,its easier to use other stores due to the cost.I'd like to see them drop the normal items and get more exclusive hard to find stuff in,but I doubt that will happen.

Did anyone see the cost of that Darth Vader gilecee(sp?) I nearly died,who would buy that?