PDA

View Full Version : Wow... Nice Display!

mastermatt24
01-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Check out the new displays...

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=89140

I was stunned, as was my wallet! :D

Slicker
01-28-2005, 04:30 PM
Ohhhhh my gawd. I can't wait to walk into TRU and see these displays winking at me. These new cards and colors make for a neat looking display.

Kidhuman
01-28-2005, 04:39 PM
Very sweet. I see along wiht thre Anakin to Vader, we are getting a Palpy to SIdious deluxe set as well.

Kyle Katarn
01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Holly COW! This stuff is amazing, maybe I just need tu save SOME money, so I can get that products. Those, colors...those images...ROTS!!! :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow, those pics are truly amazing. I love seeing so many SW figures at once, it's a sight not seen for a few years. Those deluxe figures and battle sets look sweet! I cannot wait for April 2!

SPOILERS

Looks like Palpatine really is Sidious. I knew it, but I know there's some people who doubted it.

Slicker
01-28-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't care if I'm 23 or not I'm gonna have my room adorned with those ROTS bed sheets and pillows. That's sure to woo the females.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I don't care if I'm 23 or not I'm gonna have my room adorned with those ROTS bed sheets and pillows. That's sure to woo the females.
Yeah, those look slick. I have some faded ones from 2000 or so but it's time to upgrade.

evenflow
01-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Looks awesome, i think i am going to start saving today!

mastermatt24
01-28-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah it does.. I have about $60 just in quaters saved up in my Darth Maul bank. (Dont ask why) We still have Febuary and March left to save.. :bored: Need more $$$!! Its hard staying off ebay. :neutral:

mastermatt24
01-28-2005, 11:39 PM
I was just think about what Tycho said in another thread about boycotting TRUs. I think Ill do this as well and also try to stay out of Target ( :frus: ). I may not like that but saving that extra $1.20 or so really adds up.. Basically if you bought at WM you would be saving the equilivent (sp) of buying six figures and getting one free. If you bought all 24 figures fromt the first line its like getting four free! So I guess Ill stay out of Target and TRU.

Slicker
01-29-2005, 09:58 PM
This is what WM display will look like according to yakface. From the looks of it we're in for quite a treat from WM. http://www.yakface.com/2005/walmart/walmart.shtml
(http://www.yakface.com/2005/walmart/walmart.shtml)

Turbowars
01-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Damn it! That Gunship looks very nice. I was just saying I wouldn't buy it and now, well I just might.

Other items that caught my eye are the 12" Clone and General. They look promising.

Slicker
01-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Yeah, and I unfortunately noticed that the Gunship doesn't come in a window box.:dis: Those 2-packs look quite promising though. It's gonna be fun to turn down the toy aisle and see all of these displays staring back at me.

Kidhuman
01-29-2005, 10:16 PM
WHOA!!!! That is one hell of alot of displays. Tjhose figures look damn nice. I cant wait for MM. I need to work booku OT for this.

mastermatt24
01-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Damn it! That Gunship looks very nice. I was just saying I wouldn't buy it and now, well I just might.

I KNOW!!! Me too! I dont really want another one but... It does look prit-t-nice. :crazed: There goes another 30-40 bucks.. Dang it hasbro! :mad:

Kidhuman
01-29-2005, 11:12 PM
Saber Spoons in Apple Jacks, good thing I like me some of those

mastermatt24
01-29-2005, 11:21 PM
I dont know why I would get another one.. Allthough I do think it would look awesome loaded up with a **** load of clones beings that there are going to be some many different ones. I guess I will buy it..

Slicker
01-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Saber Spoons in Apple Jacks, good thing I like me some of thoseI love the food promotions like this. It gives me an excuse to eat more than I should. I saw that picture of the Cheez-its and was glad that they put it on such an awesome arsed food item.

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 12:57 PM
I love the food promotions like this. It gives me an excuse to eat more than I should. I saw that picture of the Cheez-its and was glad that they put it on such an awesome arsed food item.

Slicker, think of how easy it will be to cut through those mashed potatoes with a saber spoon.

General_Grievous
01-30-2005, 01:27 PM
YES!!! Pepsi is doing a Star Wars Promotion again! I loved those Episode 1 cans, hopefully they'll do something like that again. Plus, my aunt works for Pepsi, so I may get some cool free swag! :D

But it looks like Wal Mart will be pulling out all the stops for Episode 3. And they should, too! It's the last Star Wars movie, so there should be a big blowout! April, here I come! :D

Fluke Skywalker
01-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I love food promotions too. I couldn't tell much about the Pepsi promotion from the pics., though. Hope the cans have RotS images on them!

This has answered a few questions that I'd had. I didn't see any sign of the ARC fighter, so that must be coming out later. It also looks like the Boga Lizard will come with Obi-Wan (And a window box). Also got to see some card images that I hadn't before (Padme, the two packs, the 12" et.) I hated the look when I first saw it but it's growing on me. :D

Slicker
01-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Slicker, think of how easy it will be to cut through those mashed potatoes with a saber spoon.You ain't kidding KH. I could crumble up some Cheez-its, and mix it all in a bowl with Apple Jacks and Pops, then pour in a can Pepsi then.......oh, god.......I just made myself throw up a little in my mouth.

General_Grievous
01-30-2005, 02:40 PM
What I'd like to know is:

Is this a Wal Mart showcase for the products they'll be recieving this year? Because in the background, I also saw some not-yet-released items, like a Rotocast Batman from "Batman Begins" and the "Alexander" DVD.

Also, why didn't they have promotion like this for Episode 2? When AOTC rolled around, all they had was basically the Hasbro product and that was it. Now, they've got freakin' Cheez-Its!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again: AOTC was cheated because of the commercial and critical response to TPM, but I'm glad to see that's passed over for ROTS, which I'm betting will be the best of the three Prequels.

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 04:40 PM
They had Lays promos and such, but sincew this is the last Hoorah, it seems they are jumping on the Band-Wagon. I wonder what cereals will be relased. I wouldnt mind some Vader-o's

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
Damn, these displays look great. Hopefully they'll look the same at real Wal-Marts - maybe only Supercenters, but that's cool too. These pictures raised a question that I started in another thread.

I wonder why the Royal Guard (Senate Security) has a picture of both the blue and red guard on it? I don't see any extra red guard in there.

Also, what are those "put hand here to feel the Force" things? Weird!