PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Story Lines

Fulit
08-20-2001, 12:55 PM
I wonder what would have happened had Luke successfully been frozen in a carbon block. Would he somehow have escaped or recovered enough after unfreezing to still fight the Emperor and Vader, or would that have sealed his fate as an "agent of evil"?
If you can't tell from my other post, my son and I have been watching ESB today.

master jedi
08-20-2001, 02:22 PM
I think he could have had been turned to the dark side easily.

Eternal Padawan
07-08-2002, 05:13 PM
What if the plan to get Obi Wan and the DS plans to Alderaan had gone off without a hitch? Would he have taken Luke with them? Would he have attempted to train Luke and Leia both once they got to Alderaan, or would he have sent them to Yoda regardless? If Luke had stayed behind, and they blew up the Death Star without him, would Vader ever know he had a son?

What if Luke had had a different plan and thought he could convince Vader to turn by going with him to the Emperor? So instead of leaping, he went "OK." and Vader helped him up. What woud've happened to Han? and Leia? The Alliance?

Jedi Knightrider
07-08-2002, 07:55 PM
What if R2 hand't let the wookie win? Then he wouldn't have his arms, and couldn't roll over to the computer terminal and never stopped the trash compactor, and everyone would've died.

darthvyn
07-09-2002, 05:14 PM
there's a comic book out that does this... the first series was if the death star handn't been destroyed, just badly damaged, and they captured all of the rebellion but han and luke. it's called Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope.

this week they just started SWI: the Empire Strikes Back

most likely they will start to delve into more of a "what if?" storyline if these first ones take off. so everyone buy them. now.

scruffziller
07-10-2002, 08:00 PM
or what if R2 had not convinced(gullable Luke) Luke to take off that restraining bolt? HMMMMMMMMM?????????? That is disturbing. Droids being more intelligent than organic lifeforms. T3: Rise of the machines
They're led by R2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BoShek
07-10-2002, 11:22 PM
What if Ben Kenobi lived? Would it have been better to have him die in ESB or ROTJ or not at all? Can you imagine Kenobi on Hoth and Bespin? :)

I read after Alec died that it was his idea to kill of Kenobi in the first movie. Is this true? Has GL ever mentioned that?

DarthBatman
07-14-2002, 03:41 PM
What if Luke had known Leia was his sister before she kissed him, eh? Would he still have had that sly grin on his face afterwards?

Jedi Knightrider
07-15-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DarthBatman
What if Luke had known Leia was his sister before she kissed him, eh? Would he still have had that sly grin on his face afterwards?

The real question is, "if leia somehow 'always knew' he was her brother, why did SHE kiss HIM???!!!"

but going with the "alternate" thing, what if Han had given up after their kiss?

LTBasker
07-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Trench Run Alternate Take:
"Use the force Luke... Let go.."
*Luke drops his candy bar which hits the self-destruct button*

Darth Shifty
07-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
there's a comic book out that does this... the first series was if the death star handn't been destroyed, just badly damaged, and they captured all of the rebellion but han and luke. it's called Star Wars Infinities: A New Hope.

this week they just started SWI: the Empire Strikes Back

most likely they will start to delve into more of a "what if?" storyline if these first ones take off. so everyone buy them. now.

The first Inifinities series (A New Hope) was quite good, I thought. The main storyline revolved around what would happen if the first Death Star wasn't destroyed. Luke's torpedoes went in the shaft, but detonated prematurely and didn't start the chain reaction. (This happened in the first two pages, so I didn't give anything away.) It was a very entertaining series and I highly recommend it.

As Darthvyn stated, the first part of the Empire series just came out and it involves what would have happened if two Wampas attacked Luke on Hoth and what if Han took just a few minutes longer to find him... Looks like the start of another good story.

darthvyn
07-16-2002, 12:15 PM
my only one little minor problem with this thing is that the four issue "infinities: a new hope" had a final conclusion, more like ROJ than ANH. the story STARTS with the death star trench run, so really the whole thing is ESB! i just kinda realized that.

i was hoping that there would be an alternate trilogy, like we would get an alternate ANH, then the ESB of THAT universe, and so on. instead, I:ESB started off with the continuity of the "real" ANH, which is still cool, just different from what i had been expecting.

the art in I:ESB is awesome! i just hope that it doesn't have a ROJ ending. ESB should always have the downer, open-ended ending!

it would be interesting to see this done with the prequels, as well.