PDA

View Full Version : Wookie Catamaran

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 08:54 AM
Posted at yakface is the picture of the Wookie Catamaran. It looks nice and comes with at least 6 mini figs, Luminara, Yoda, 2 Wookies, 2 Clone Troopers. Looks nice.

pic here (http://www.yakface.com/2005/walmart/53.jpg)

Mandalorian Candidat
01-31-2005, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the pic.

I don't know about this one. It just doesn't appeal to me that much. The little tank thing reminds me of that cheap-o mini AAT with Battle Droid that Hasbro tried to pawn off back during the waning EP1 days. I'd like to get the new Cloneys but they'll come in other sets. Luminara would be cool, but she has that battery thing going. Other than that the only kind of cool thing left is the Wookie with the Flock of Seagulls haircut.

What's this one going for? $50?

Kidhuman
01-31-2005, 08:10 PM
I believe 40-50 bucks Man Can

JediBoulton
01-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Who would pay $50 for a WET WOOKIE ??

Could you imagine the SMELL ?!?!?! YUUKKK !!! :D

JediTricks
02-01-2005, 02:15 AM
This is a $50 set, and I already dumped on it pretty severely for looking QUITE threadbare at that price (light-up Luminara or no).

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 08:06 AM
I believe this will be a clearance wait out then. 376 pcs. for 50 bucks is way pover the piece ratio to price.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 09:19 AM
I believe this will be a clearance wait out then. 376 pcs. for 50 bucks is way pover the piece ratio to price.

Holy crap! Is that right? MEC was $30 for around 300 pieces, I believe. Some of these pieces look bigger, but that part to price ratio seems way off, IMO.

Slicker
02-01-2005, 09:21 AM
There's just too many gadgets and do-dads on this thing. What the hell is with that whirling propeller thingie on the Catamaran? I've never liked any of the prequel Legos. They just can't and never will compare to the Holy Trilogy ones.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
MC, if you look at the pic, it lists the pieces on there.

SLicker, 3 of the AOTC prequel Lego's were great. Jango's Slave 1, Hailfire Droid and the AT-TE. I didnt collect Lego for EP1 so I cant judge those.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 09:27 AM
SLicker, 3 of the AOTC prequel Lego's were great. Jango's Slave 1, Hailfire Droid and the AT-TE. I didnt collect Lego for EP1 so I cant judge those.

I second that and add the Republic Gunship to that list. A terrific set.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 09:28 AM
I only got the mini Gunship, didnt know there was a larger one.(unless that what you're talking about and there is no larger one)

Slicker
02-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Ah, I forgot about the Hailfire Droid I stand corrected. I'll give you that one but unfortunately still no AT-TE.:dis::dis: So I'll wait until I get that to pass judgement.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-01-2005, 09:36 AM
I only got the mini Gunship, didnt know there was a larger one.(unless that what you're talking about and there is no larger one)

The mini ship was slick in its own right, but the big mamma-jamma is totally kick-A, IMO. I came with four clones, two super battle droids (exclusive to this set), a droideka, and a generic Jedi dude. It has 2 cockpits, 2 gun emplacements out of each side that can be manned by a Clone, a front section (right under the cockpit) that opens up to be a little control station, a drop box filled with tools and crap (JF's Slave 1 has the same type of thing with a magnet attachment), and two moving doors on either side that can seal up the inner compartment. It cost $80 or so but I ended up getting it for $40 on clearance. If you can get one, get one.

Slicker
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I thought you were talking about the mini one too. I totally forgot about this one, which I've also got. This too is one really good prequel set with lots of playability. Man I blew it big when I said I didn't like any of the prequel sets.

JediTricks
02-02-2005, 05:28 AM
I gotta go with KH and Man Can, those were mighty decent sets indeed.

TPM also had a few entries, it had the MTT and that big wild Technic Droideka that half-transformed but looked really big and awesome, that's about it though unless you like podracers. I want to say the AAT as well but that set has a few too many small issues. But basically the freaky prequel designs haven't really translated well to Lego unlike the angular, technological shapes of the OT.