PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is the right spot to put this thread in...

orangejedi
01-30-2005, 06:51 PM
I have a dilema. As some saw in mine siggie, I collect SW toothbrushes. I want to display them in a shadow box, but am perplexed as to how to affix them securely whilst keeping the integrity of the packaging. Velcro would be dandy, but then there is the glue to the wrapping to contend with. I could take them OUT of their packaging and use straps to hold them and then I could fit more of them in the shadow boxes too.

Any suggestions? Its not that am a purist and need to have all mine stuff in their original packages, but some of the toothbrushes are old ones and the packaging is pretty coolio, compared to the newer brushes. Anyhoo, your opinions and suggestions would be greatly welcomed!! :)

O.J.

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 06:53 PM
If they have a J-Hook try push pins. Double sided tape may help also.

Bobby Fett
01-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Just curious, but are there a lot of different toothbrushes (teethbrush?) available?

2-1B
01-30-2005, 09:26 PM
I had a Jar Jar toothbrush in 1999.

Kidhuman
01-30-2005, 09:30 PM
I had a Jar Jar toothbrush in 1999.

I had a tooth brush in a Jar in '99

DarthQuack
01-30-2005, 10:11 PM
I had a tooth brush in a Jar in '99

I used a tooth brush in a bar while holding a Jar in '99.

2-1B
01-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I used a tooth brush in a bar while holding a Jar in '99.

:Pirate: (Arrrgh) how f:Pirate: did you walk to that b:Pirate: with the J:Pirate: ?

RooJay
01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
In my younger days (I say that like I'm old or something) I was quite a successful custom framer, and while there are a lot of ways you can accomplish your task perhaps the best way (my preferred method) is to simply stitch the items to your backer of choice (usually mat board) with monofilament thread. Simply poke two small holes in a spot directly hidden behind the item, loop the thread through and around the item, and tie off in back. This will leave the item completely intact, in perfect condition and it's completely reversible. Hope that helps.