PDA

View Full Version : What The Crap?! N'sync?!?!

Fulit
01-02-2002, 10:03 PM
Please for the love of God, no.

Magnolia-Fan
01-02-2002, 10:18 PM
I personally think it's a horse-pucky rumor, but on the other hand if it is true, I agree with Jedi Clint over here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2414&pagenumber=2

when he said:

Originally posted by Jedi Clint

I don't believe it is of any consequence.

Fulit
01-02-2002, 10:26 PM
Well, they say Lucasfilm confirmed it over at theforce.net so it may be true. I really wish it wasn't. Makes the whole thing seem cheap, IMO.

Jedi Clint
01-02-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Makes the whole thing seem cheap, IMO.

Why? They will more than likely be tiny flashes of Jedi-esque imagery amongst all the rest of the same in a chaotic and fast paced action sequence full of laser fire, flashin' sabers, monsters, Droids, bugs, and flowing brown robes. Even if they focus on one "N" face for one "N" second, I doubt it will ruin the film......now give the "N" fadsters lines of dialogue and I may join you "N" your disgust ;).

Magnolia-Fan
01-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, here's my thing..

Maybe I'm not in sync ;) (sorry :frus: ) with current "popular" music, but I don't even know what these guys look like, so unless they're serenading Padme (or Anakin :eek: ), I wont even know who they are!

2-1B
01-02-2002, 10:44 PM
I agree with Jedi Clint - unless they are performing as N*Sync, it's no different than slipping in Rick McCallum or any other goons.
They could find thousands of extras who look just like them, so what would be the difference?

Maybe Britney Spears could do a little dance in the nightclub . . .

derek
01-02-2002, 10:45 PM
upon first thought, it seems tragic, but the n sync guys aren't starring in the film. i'll bet rollo tomassi a john g that they won't even be noticed. if so they'll just be a glimpse of them, like jedi clint said.

master jedi
01-02-2002, 11:05 PM
When ever they cut down a clone or get cut down themselves they'll be the ones singing 'Bye Bye Bye'.:crazed:

SirSteve
01-02-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Maybe Britney Spears could do a little dance in the nightclub . . .

Now THIS I would enjoy!

:D

yukface27
01-02-2002, 11:57 PM
What's this crap about members of N'Sync being in Episode II? That's BS! I mean, Jar Jar is enough, but a boy band. Gimme a break Lucas, just because they're fans of the films? Ok, so Sam Jackson is a fan AND he's an extrordinary actor, that's how he got the part of Mace. He's not some two-stepping, lip-syncing, wussy!!! You give us a goofy movie title, we can deal. You give us an extremely annoying Gunagn that's begging for a public execution, we can even deal with THAT! But, you give us a boy band... that's crossing the line. You're slipping Lucas, you are slipping.

yukface27@hotmail.com

The Overlord Returns
01-03-2002, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm glad to see cooler heads are prevailing over here. On AICN they're going absolutely B!tch cakes. Ofcourse, that's to be expected from half the morons on their forums list... most of them salivate like hyenas over every single negative rumour surrounding SW.

This really means nothing. They will be in a scene filled with hundreds of extras and hundreds of cg creations. Word is they won't be listed in the credits ( not that any extra would be).

So his daughter asked if he could slip them into a film. Big deal.

It certainly won't be riding on this as to whether the film is any good or not.

JediTricks
01-03-2002, 12:08 AM
According to LFL, Sam Jackson only got the part because he made a comment on a talk show about wanting to be in the next Star Wars film, he'd take any part. Mace Windu was originally done very differently in the conceptual art.

Star Wars is turning into Hollywood Squares, this thing with N'sync is wrong in so many ways.

PloKoon2385
01-03-2002, 12:13 AM
You know, I think that Samuel L. Jackson begged Lucas to be in Star Wars Ep. I as a cameo. Lucas put him in as a minor character. Now, we all love Mace, and he wouldn't be the same if it wasn't Sammy. So, it's not that bad as long as they aren't in the credits and as long as they don't say anything and as long as they don't sing and as long as you only see them for 1 second. Right?

Emperor Howdy
01-03-2002, 01:24 AM
whoa, whoa, whoa....now just hang on there a second, buddy.........NSYNC ROCKS!!!

Can I get a h*ll yeah?

(crickets) "Fleep-fleep, fleep-fleep, fleep-fleep, fleep-fleep"

Hello?

(several flaming arrows fly out of nowhere striking Howdy in the temple, forehead, and chest, who then falls over dead on keyboard)

Ok.....back to reality: This is HORRENDOUS! I don't care if it's a second of screen time or not, it's LAME, period. As a matter of fact, I now see how the Japanese are able to thrust knives into their own abdomens. You know, "g**ness and stupidity" are creeping into the SW saga at an alarming rate. First it was the ewoks: the origin of dumbness.........yet acceptable. Then the S.E.,......with an abundance of intestinal-twisting scenes such as the 'Greedo shoots first" bit and 'Joh Yowzah'. Now, while I would think nothing could be worse than picking up soap in a prison shower....along comes Jake Lloyd and JarJar Binks....the Utter and Absolute Epiphanies of Absurdity. Wow.......for the love of all that is holy.....give me a leather belt and a curtain rod, ladies and gentleman. "BUT WAIT!! There's more!! Episode 2 will be kookily entitled "Attack of the Clones"!!.....and before I put my fingers down my throat and "blooooooooosh" on all of my fans, I've decided to throw NSYNC into the mix!! The DANCE MIX, that is!! Come on everybody!! "May sound crazy, but it ain't no lie, baby bye, bye, bye"!!! Whoo-hoo!! Can ya feel it? Mandy Moore in Episode 3? CGIing out the Biths and adding the Backstreet Boys? Enrique Iglesias as the "new" Han Solo? I'm on a roll, baby!! Somebody spank me!!"........(several flaming arrows fly out of nowhere striking Lucas in the temple, forehead, and chest, who then falls dead on Rick McCallum, who also conveniently bursts into flames).

For real though....I'm feeling that weird thing in my stomach like when I ride the Gravitron. I want to tell a quick story to those who think a fleeting second of NSYNC ain't that bad: Since I was young, I've always been a Cokehead. Not THAT coke, the DRINK Coke. This year, while in Daytona for the holidays, I awoke with a terrible pain in my side at 5:30 am Christmas morning. Within 15 minutes the pain became so excruciating I started to kind of freak out and consider the hospital. I'm one to sever an arm and try to fix it with duct tape before going to the hospital. Anyway, I got in a steaming bath and laid there for over two hours.....the hot water was turning my skin lobster-red, but it helped nonetheless. I exchanged Xmas gifts with my girlfriend in the tub, which consisted of Creed tickets, a cordless phone, and....wait I'm getting off track.....anyway...I finally gave into the hospital. The drive was miserable, and I felt like I had to use the john the whole time. So, long story short....after IVs, tests, and ugly nurses, not to MENTION I was the only loser in the hospital on Christmas, I found out that I had a kidney stone. Now, most of you youngsters have probably never experienced that (and I hope you never do, for your sake), and at 32 I was surprised myself. It seems all that Coke-drinking caught up with me. Anyway, the point is this: After it makes it move, you don't even realize it.....it's quick and painless.....yet.....A KIDNEY STONE IS A KIDNEY STONE AND NSYNC IS NSYNC. Actually, I think I lost the point.....but you kinda get the idea, right? Basically....NSYNC are like five kidney stones......five little razor blades cutting through the filtration organs of Episode 2......causing unforgettable misery and pain even if for a short period of time.............ok.......I'm done.

hamsterboy
01-03-2002, 01:30 AM
Just when you think Lucas couldn't make things worse, he goes and proves you wrong. I don't care if it is for a second or whatever,it's still a dumb idea.

yukface27
01-03-2002, 02:10 AM
Ok, the thing about Sam Jackson I wasn't 100% sure, but I knew the jist of it (like what you said). But this N'Sync crap is so LAME!!! Come on, someone else voice an opinion.

yukface27@hotmail.com

Wolfwood319
01-03-2002, 03:17 AM
First off, I think all the nsync threads should be merged.

I really couldn't care less at this point. Kidney stones aside, that last post labels, in order, the eccentricities in the films. I really don't care anymore. I'll see the film. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and a fan of Sam Jackson. Chris Lee is really cool too, that's about all this film has going for it at this point.

I don't care about nsync personally, but lately it seems they're using their fame and popularity to get into different types of "fanboy" mediums.

First, they mention their fans of X-Men, so what do they get, a full tour of Marvel Studios, AND they appear in a Wolverine comic. I guarantee you I've spent more money on Marvel comics then they have, and when was the last time I got to tour the Marvel offices, or appear in a comic!?!

Now, they're appearing in AOTC. Even though its a cameo appearence, how many of us would like to be in AOTC, no matter how small the part? So because they're famous, they get to be in the movie.

I feel like burning anything remotely Star Wars related.....:evil:

Fulit
01-03-2002, 03:29 AM
It is a big deal to me, not so big I won't go see the movie, but it is so weak and lame and disgusting to me to have SW tainted by a bunch of talentless pop stars at the whim of the director/creators daughter. God save us from anymore whims GL's kids decide to beg him to put into the next movie. Split second fleeting background shot or not, to me the addition of flash in the pan pop stars puts another nail in Lucas' coffin to me.

Someone said something about Sam Jackson asking to be in SW and now we all know it wouldn't be the same without him. The difference being, Jackson is a talented actor with something to offer the SW Saga. NSync have nothing to offer besides possible additional ticket sales to squealing 15 year olds who'll plunk down 10 bucks to see Justin Timberlake in a Jedi robe for 2 seconds. 1 second, 1/10 of a second, hell a subliminal insertion of NSync has no place in Star Wars, IMO. It IS NOT OK, but by no means should it stop a fan from seeing the movie. By the same token, it shouldn't stop us from b*tching about it until the end of time either.

Man In The Box
01-03-2002, 05:16 AM
If GL was gonna pick a musical celbrity, he couldve picked Limp Bizits Wes Borland. I'm not a big LB fan at all but Wes is cool and he could hitch up in paint like on the vids and pretend to an alien or something dumb like that.

see3poman
01-03-2002, 09:11 AM
Dammit George! NSYNC in Episode II??? I was really looking forward to the next flick even though I don't like the title. But now I'm having my doubt's. If this is for real and this boy band
is really going to be in it, and as Jedi's no less, then I think George Lucas needs to turn over the helm to another director before he @$%#'s up the whole series. I thought I had read
once that George said he would never do things to cheapen the Star Wars universe, well George you just did! Hey if it's really
because your daughter is an NSYNC fan, then just invite the
band over to the ranch to give her a private concert. Why mess
with the magic of Star Wars??? You know George your major fan base is made up of the people who grew up with Star Wars, not
12 year old girls who drool over the latest boy band. Hey George!
How's about putting me in Episode II or III??? I was there in May of 1977 to see Star Wars on opening day!!! I've been a fan ever since,and have spent a fortune on all the action figures and other
Star Wars related items. I wonder how old the NSYNC'ers were in 1977??? Were all of them even born yet??? Dammit! It's stuff
like this that could drive an old Jedi to jump on his Lightsaber!
Say it ain't so George...Say it ain't so.

chewbacca71
01-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Relax people. You probably won't be able to distinguish them from other extras in the clone armor anyway.

As for Lucas putting them in as opposed to anyone else, it doesn't matter. Everyone will go see the movie even if he put chimps in the armor. It just doesn't matter.

You people make the SW universe sound like a religion and that this is the same as being disrespectful to a religious icon. It's not. This is Lucas' world and he can do with it as he wants.

Relax people. God I hope you aren't as wrapped up in this as you all seem. If you are, you need help.

:rolleyes:

mdbulldog
01-03-2002, 12:17 PM
I realize that I am probaly the victim of a cruel joke. however, my friend insist that NSYNC is in episode II. Could someone please tell me that it ain't so. If i find this to be true, Lucas will never get another dime from me.

Fulit
01-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Man In The Box
If GL was gonna pick a musical celbrity, he couldve picked Limp Bizits Wes Borland. I'm not a big LB fan at all but Wes is cool and he could hitch up in paint like on the vids and pretend to an alien or something dumb like that.

Geez, if Lucas put ANYONE from Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock , or any other lame, modern day, pseudo-rock group, I would burn all my SW stuff. That'd be almost worse, IMO. Keep non-acting musicians out of films.

And, chewbacca71, the rumor is that they play background Jedi Knights in a battle scene and that you see them for a fleeting shot, so unless they're wearing masks, we probably get to see their cute little heads pop up somewhere. Not to mention their infectious, danceable fighting style.

I don't consider SW to be a religion, I consider it to be a movie saga that I like and I just think it's stupid that a boy band that won't be around 20 years from now will be in the movie, so I'm expressing that frustration here. George is gonna have to do better than this to make me totally lose it.

But consider this, what if, say, Menudo, had a split second onscreen scene as Rebel Troopers back in ANH? Wouldn't that look silly today? It's gonna look just as silly 25 years from now. Might actually be kind of humorous too. :D

OC47150
01-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Does this mean we can ask Rick McCallum for a role in Ep. 3 and we'd get it???

The Overlord Returns
01-03-2002, 01:26 PM
God's sake people calm down! They appear as extras in a crowd shot!!

If this news had never been made public, they would STILL have been extras in the movie, and none of us would be any the wiser. We simply wouldn't know that the five little a holes were in there running around.

This really isn't a big deal. Anyone who says this will ruin the film for them must be looking for reasons to hate the film...IMO.

Jedi Clint
01-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
God's sake people calm down! They appear as extras in a crowd shot!!

If this news had never been made public, they would STILL have been extras in the movie, and none of us would be any the wiser. We simply wouldn't know that the five little a holes were in there running around.

This really isn't a big deal. Anyone who says this will ruin the film for them must be looking for reasons to hate the film...IMO.

Indeed!

OC47150
01-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Some of us are joking with our replies.

Fulit
01-03-2002, 02:08 PM
I think I'm pretty calm. And I was one of the first to state that it would not keep me from seeing or enjoying the film. Think of me as an eloquent dissentor. Well, maybe not eloquent. You have to expect people to have this reaction, let us complain and whine about it for awhile, and things will go back to normal, like they did after the title backlash.

Rollo Tomassi
01-03-2002, 02:41 PM
I agree with OC. If we call up Rick McCallum and ask to be in Ep III would he say yes? What's the difference between me and Justin Timberlake? Our last names? I'll just mention that me and a bunch of really cool guys are big fans of SW and would like cameos in the upcoming film. Hell, I'd even buy the plane ticket to Australia and put myself up for a few days. GNT's already there. Why can't he be in a scene? What about the REAL "true fans" like the guys who have websites devoted to the SW phenomenon. I bet if SirSteve wanted to get a part in Ep III he could. I just don't get why some "fans" are good enough to get into the film and some aren't.

mylow thehutt
01-03-2002, 07:30 PM
:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!just heard at epx.com,that.........**GULP**....SNYC will be in ep2:eek: ok George you have gone too far:eek:

SirSteve
01-03-2002, 07:36 PM
[i]I bet if SirSteve wanted to get a part in Ep III he could. [/B]

Good one... never thought of it but it's worth a shot!

;)

mylow thehutt
01-03-2002, 07:43 PM
OK..darn i was too late I poast the same thing,oh my gosh this sucks,the starwars galxy is going to get a whole lot weirder:rolleyes:

stillakid
01-03-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
According to LFL, Sam Jackson only got the part because he made a comment on a talk show about wanting to be in the next Star Wars film, he'd take any part. Mace Windu was originally done very differently in the conceptual art.

Star Wars is turning into Hollywood Squares, this thing with N'sync is wrong in so many ways.

So often we're on the same wavelength, it's uncanny. Although, you know, I've never seen us both at the same time in the same place...

Obi-Don
01-04-2002, 01:02 AM
Hey Emperor Howdy.I know about them stones.I have 3 bouts with them myself. I would rather have a 4th than endur the boy band from hell. Now if he wanted to put Britney in I could find away to manage.:D

JediTricks
01-04-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
So often we're on the same wavelength, it's uncanny. Although, you know, I've never seen us both at the same time in the same place... Hmm, that's true... I guess one of us will blink out of existance as soon as he reads the rest of this p

jedi-cpa
01-04-2002, 09:01 AM
I saw Ep I 10 times in the theatres regardless of the bad reviews of the child Vader and Jar Jar. I have every 3 3/4 toy with the exception of Vlix, yak face and a couple of Ep I figs. I have seen these movies so many times. Empire strikes back well into the several hundred times.

And with Lucas' most recent effort, Ep I, I felt he had begun to lose it, BUT I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, and await Episode II. However, this N'Sync news is a bit too much.

Maybe it is time to stop the madness, stop buying toys at the age of 27 years old, quit while I am ahead. The original trilogy was great. Ep II could be the way to save this trilogy, but this N'Sync thing is too much.

What are they going to do? Sell N'Sync pairs as a Wal*Mart excliusive, so I not only have to deal with lousy distribution by Hasbro and Scalpers and crooked Walmart employees, but I have to battle pre teen girls as well for the figures.

Oy.

Rollo Tomassi
01-04-2002, 12:55 PM
I think jedi-cpa just hit the nail on the head. Boosting sales for Hasbr:greedy: with Jedi n*sync figgies...:rolleyes: :p :sur:

Of course...If I were in the film, I'd buy plenty of my own figure!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jargo
01-04-2002, 06:54 PM
I think it's a capital idea to get SirSteve into episode three. Whos with me on starting a petition?

*wind whistles, tumbleweed rolls across the floor...*

Okay so we scratch that idea. :D

I think it might be good to see SS up on the silver screen. it'd be about the only time most of us would ever get to see him. ;)

N-SYNC? who the frell are N-SYNC? I really don't care who gets the gig as extras as long as they don't start mugging to camera and don't get in the way. If these bozos are just background jedi then what's the beef? If it was John Williams or Joe Johnston up there would you moan? No. But you wouldn't be able to pick them out would you? No. So what's the deal - some kids in robes in the background getting sliced and diced by droids and critters along with a whole bunch of other dudes in robes getting sliced and diced by droids and critters. How are you gonna tell who's who? Have you seen the speed of the edits in EP2? They are seriously fast man! You're all just objecting on principle and that IMO is no better than those idiots in Alamagordo burning books they've never even read.

The Emperor has spoken and there will be no further intercourse from this quarter. :zzz:

Emperor Howdy
01-04-2002, 11:39 PM
Yeah, but principle can be an overwhelming thing. Say you go into a club filled with nothing but fine girls.......but before you join the party, a bouncer pulls you aside and says "Just so you know, there's like 5 or 6 guys out there who've had operations...you'll never know the difference" :eek: :confused: ............kinda ruins everything, no?

Obehave Kenobi
01-07-2002, 03:16 PM
What bothers me is not so much that they're going to be in the film, but WHY they are in the film. It just seems to me that all this amounts to is an attempt to draw attention to something that doesn't need attention drawn to it in the first place. I mean it's not like people haven't been salivating or talking about this movie for YEARS now, despite the questions we all have about the quality of the finished product. This is a gimmick that T.V. shows use to boost sagging ratings. "Tonight, N Sync guest stars on a SPECIAL installment of the Prequel Trilogy.":D :) :D :)

I mean, were people not writng stories about this movie? Did he have to mention they were in the film to get people to pay attention to it?

Fulit
01-07-2002, 03:33 PM
It's like some guy said in the humor section over at theforce.net, if they are recognizable in any scene, even for a split second, it's going to jerk you right out of the fantasy and back into this B.S. Hollywood schmooze world.

Who else is Rick McCallum friends with that we should fear will turn up in E3?

Emperor Howdy
01-08-2002, 02:43 AM
If it's Fred Durst, I'm jumping in front of a bus.........

Obehave Kenobi
01-08-2002, 04:36 PM
I can see it now... flowing Jedi robes, Lightsaber, backwards red cap....:)

Fulit
01-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
If it's Fred Durst, I'm jumping in front of a bus.........

Me too. The only one worse than him is Kid Rock. I'd have to damage McCallum if he put that dude in it.

Jedi Clint
01-08-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Fulit

Me too. The only one worse than him is Kid Rock. I'd have to damage McCallum if he put that dude in it.

You must have forgotten about Eminem!!! :D

bigbarada
01-08-2002, 07:06 PM
What about Snoop Dog or Coolio?:rolleyes:

JediTricks
01-09-2002, 01:39 AM
I could see Coolio as a character actually, he has acted without his street accent and he's fairly entertaining compared to Snoop Dogg (unless we've got a high Jedi in the movie ;)).

Emperor Howdy
01-09-2002, 01:43 AM
Yee-ah-yeah, homes.........Jedi G. and Obi-Dog....tis' da real article, haters....:p

2-1B
08-15-2005, 03:03 AM
I would gladly take N*SYNC in AOTC in place of C-3PO's "comedy" moments.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Boy, you were really cleaning out the attic last night huh? :thumbsup:

First Rebecca Gayheart...hehehhehehhheheheh I said "Gayheart" :lipsrseal

and now N'sync!

And I heartily agree with you ol' chap! :yes:

JimJamBonds
08-29-2005, 01:04 PM
I would gladly take N*SYNC in AOTC in place of C-3PO's "comedy" moments.

Either way I've got fast forward going all out. :yes: