PDA

View Full Version : The ridiculous reason (I think) Grievious looks why he does.

scruffziller
01-31-2005, 06:26 AM
I remember it being commented from Lucas and friends that they wanted to make Darth Maul look as evil as possible. So they basically made him look like Satan. So now, they probably want to drive fear into the hearts of Jedi so they make Grievous look like a scary Halloween skeleton.:ermm:

Rocketboy
01-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah, the skeleton look was pretty obvious to me.

And about May or so of '99 Darth Maul gave me nightmares. I couldn't get away from his face! It was everywhere! It was like an overused marketing tool... :D

El Chuxter
01-31-2005, 02:34 PM
You shouldn't poke fun. Grievous has a serious metabolic condition that makes him so skeletal. He doesn't like people pointing it out. It makes him do crazy things, like slaughter Jedi in large numbers.

Slicker
01-31-2005, 03:40 PM
And here I was thinking that they modeled him after Karen Carpenter. Man was I waaaaaay off.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't like Grievous. I know it's early to have an opinion like that, but his look doesn't impress me. I made sure I snatched up Maul and Dooku right away (because I liked them), but I may leave the poor General for someone else.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 08:28 PM
And here I was thinking that they modeled him after Karen Carpenter. Man was I waaaaaay off.

I was thinking the same thing.

JediTricks
02-02-2005, 05:00 AM
I did buy the preview fig, but I'm with you in not liking the guy so far, the look just doesn't do it for me.

BTW, and this is just total guessery, but perhaps Grievous looks that way because he's a cyborg whose flesh has all been torn off and is more machine than man now, perhaps a glimpse into what Vader would become or something.

JON9000
02-04-2005, 09:19 AM
The first thing that came to mind for me was the dude in Willow who wore the Skeleton mask. I think Grievous looks okay, considering Stormtroopers always looked like deranged goalies.

General_Grievous
02-09-2005, 05:27 PM

Funny. I thought he was modeled after Paris Hilton, especially with those protruding ribs!:D :p See for yourself:

sith_killer_99
02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Maybe, but Paris is sooo much more....yummy! :D

El Chuxter
02-09-2005, 06:33 PM
What is the deal with Paris Hilton (seriously)? :D:crazed:

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh man, you are out of your gourd! I think we need to do a sobriety check to ensure you're not surfing while under the influence. Paris Hilton is a major skeez, a subhuman no-talent junky hag whose only real claims to fame are money and a boring sex tape.

General_Grievous
02-09-2005, 08:16 PM
If you want an even more accurate account on the life of Paris Hilton, look no further than the South Park episode "Stupid Spoiled ***** Video Playset". It will change your life. :)

CaptainSolo1138
02-09-2005, 09:26 PM
But I bet Grievious wouldn't answer his cell half-way through. :D

sith_killer_99
02-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Oh man, you are out of your gourd! I think we need to do a sobriety check to ensure you're not surfing while under the influence. Paris Hilton is a major skeez, a subhuman no-talent junky hag whose only real claims to fame are money and a boring sex tape.

You find General Grevious more yummy? :D ;)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't cheat on my wife for her. But back in my single days there was no way I would turn her down. Skeez or not.

And there it is, my dark ugly past has finally come out. Before I met my wife and settled down into the wonderful world of Star Wars collecting I had other hobbies. And much like today when I find a new figure on the pegs, I often found it hard to say no. :evil:

The 'Xir
02-09-2005, 09:42 PM
So you were a fellow "fish"erman in your hey dey huh? One should always implement a proper catch and release program into the hunt! :D

sith_killer_99
02-09-2005, 10:46 PM
So you were a fellow "fish"erman in your hey dey huh? One should always implement a proper catch and release program into the hunt!

Admittedly there were a few times I woke up feeling more like a dog catched than a "fish"erman. LOL It took a while to learn I needed to stay away from the Tequillia! :crazed: (Soju-when I was in Korea). :evil:

Joshkj
02-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Paris really isnt that hot, what is with this worlds obsesion lol lol lol

scruffziller
02-14-2005, 01:56 AM
Paris really isnt that hot, what is with this worlds obsesion lol lol lol

Agreed. Her sister Nikki is tons hotter than Paris is.

Kidhuman
02-14-2005, 06:06 AM
I think Grievous looks like Dracula mated with a Battle Droid.

El Chuxter
12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
I think Grievous looks like Dracula mated with a Battle Droid.

How was this not nominated for "Quote of the Day" way back when?

Kidhuman
12-23-2006, 11:45 AM
How was this not nominated for "Quote of the Day" way back when?

Beats the crap outta me.