PDA

View Full Version : I'm Hungry for Some Star Wars Food Products

bobafett07728
01-31-2005, 06:09 PM
I was just checking out the pics in the "Midnight Madness" post and got super excited about the Star Wars food items that were pictured. I'm an action figure collector first and foremost, but I enjoy "hunting" for all the different packaging, and varieties of food products that are released during a movie year. The Pepsi promotion from TPM was great, and I always love the chips, and cereals!!!! There are always some great store displays that go along with these items, too!!!! I can't wait!!!!! So I got to thinking. . . when will we start seeing some Star Wars cereal, or some Doritos with a pic of General Grevious on the bag?

Are there any other food packaging collectors out there?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2005, 06:27 PM
I collect the packaging from food that I see in stores, but I don't get vintage ones or anything like that. Those new food items look great, I wonder if the chips and soda will have pictures on them? I bet they couldn't in the pics because they'd go bad before the street date.

Slicker
01-31-2005, 06:47 PM
The pics from yakface.com show some of the products with the pictures on them. They showed 2 different Cheez-it boxes, Apple Jacks, Pops, and a Pepsi display. The strange thing I noticed about the Pepsi display was that the Pepsi boxes had 15 cans of pop in them. I've never heard of there being 15 cans in a box before.

Rocketboy
01-31-2005, 07:35 PM
There were some ROTS PopTarts and something else (can't remember what) on Ebay not tool ong ago

I miss the cereals. C-3P0s were awesome.
And so was the AOTC cereal. I called the box with Obi-Wan "Kenobi Os."

Mmm...marshmallow Yoda heads...

Ji'dai
01-31-2005, 08:32 PM
C-3POs were nasty. I tried to eat them, really I did. They were nothing next to my other childhood favorites Trix, Cap'n Crunch, and Super Sugar Crisp.

I still have a few kids meal boxes from Burger Chef for their Star Wars tie-in. Burger King had the ESB posters and glasses. It was fun going every other week to see if a new glass was being offered yet. I can't remember the ROTJ food promos.

bobafett07728
02-01-2005, 09:49 AM
I collect the packaging from food that I see in stores, but I don't get vintage ones or anything like that. Those new food items look great, I wonder if the chips and soda will have pictures on them? I bet they couldn't in the pics because they'd go bad before the street date.

Sweet! I knew I wasn't the only one! If there are any "regional" items maybe we can help each other out. Just as long as they don't make anything ridiculous like "GoGurt" this time around I'll be ok. . . I don't think I can eat all that again. :D (AND I STILL NEVER FOUND THE DAMN KI-ADI MUNDI GOGURT TUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frus: :mad: )

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 10:46 AM
I miss the cereals. C-3P0s were awesome.

As soon as I saw the thread title, I knew you'd have a post in here proclaiming your love for C-3PO's! I'm most stoked about the Apple Jacks with the SaberSpoon! That thing looks flippin' awesome and at least as cool as the lightsaber pens offered during AOTC.

bobafrett
02-01-2005, 12:00 PM
I kept the bags from the potato chips that came out with the Special Edition were released. I also made friends with the chip vendor who gave me two of the boxes that he brought the bags of chips into the store in. they had Star Wars trilogy Special Edition, and other pictures printed on the box, mostly black and white. I kkep them up on top of the cabinets in my kitchen, as they are fragile, designed to hold bags of chips, not a ton of other boxes of Star Wars collectibles on top of them.

When I saw the title, I thought about Taco Bell, and I became hungry.

InsaneJediGirl
02-01-2005, 09:40 PM
I have some food packaging,whatever catches my eye and looks nifty.I have the AOTC Cereal Boxes,that was some good cereal.Maybe they will release something similar for ROTS?:D

stillakid
02-01-2005, 09:54 PM
I have some food packaging,whatever catches my eye and looks nifty.I have the AOTC Cereal Boxes,that was some good cereal.Maybe they will release something similar for ROTS?:D

They made AOTC cereal? How'd I miss that? :eek:

On the bright side, I do still have my boxes of C3POs from back in the day.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I dunno how you missed it Stilla, I saw them all over Wal-Mart.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2005, 09:57 PM
On the bright side, I do still have my boxes of C3POs from back in the day.
Do they still house the sweet orange figure 8's that Rocketboy hungers for?

stillakid
02-01-2005, 09:58 PM
I dunno how you missed it Stilla, I saw them all over Wal-Mart.

I think I missed Walmart during the AOTC season. :( Are they pix of these boxes somewhere? How 'bout the taste? Were they part of this nutritious breakfast? ;)

stillakid
02-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Do they still house the sweet orange figure 8's that Rocketboy hungers for?

Sadly, no. Those were part of my college experience as I fueled up for many a busy day on campus.

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Here ya go...

http://images.google.com/images?q=star+wars+cereal&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

stillakid
02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Here ya go...

http://images.google.com/images?q=star+wars+cereal&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

Ohhhhh, yeahhhh. Now it's coming back to me. I vaguely recall a discussion about how the Clone Trooper head looked more like a thonged butt. :eek:

Don't recall ever having any at home though (cereal that is...well, thonged butts too for that matter...wifey ain't into it :( )

Slicker
02-02-2005, 09:35 AM
I still have one of every one of those AOTC cereal boxes void of the contents.

I'm sorry to hear about your lack of thonged butts Stilla. The world just doesn't have enough of what it really needs.

bobafrett
02-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I still have the cereal that came with a Clonetrooper helmet that I think was only released in Canada. Anyway, I still have the package intact, including the cereal still in the box, I imagine it's quite stale by now. I also have the boxes that the EP II cereal came in, but if they are in anything like the condition that my 3PO cereal box is in, they aren't worth the cardboard they are printed on.

ronhudy
03-02-2005, 04:40 PM
The strange thing I noticed about the Pepsi display was that the Pepsi boxes had 15 cans of pop in them. I've never heard of there being 15 cans in a box before.

I saw a Pepsi display in Wal-Mart this morning - NOT Star Wars, but had a "sports" theme to it. Anyway, the cases were 15 cans, HOWEVER the cans were 14oz. instead of the usual 12oz. - so there's your answer! :)

stillakid
03-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I can't find any of this stuff you guys are talking about. Well, I did see the MiniWheats TPM DVD thing at Ralph's Grocery store, but that's it. I checked there and at Walmart for the rest but nothing. :(

Kidhuman
03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Stillakid, check out the other thread. I found some this morning at Wal-Mart, Rice Krispie treats and cerreal....