PDA

View Full Version : Will you buy IG-88, Aurra, and the Stormtrooper?

Old Fossil
02-01-2005, 09:56 AM
I saw this morning where this wave has made it to a store shelf. All three of these look cool, but I think I will only be getting IG-88, since I already have Boba Fett and Bossk. Aurra will be hard to pass up, though!

Seems like there's more to buy right now than there was before Christmas: the POTC Cantina wave, new Unleashed, ROTS Sneak Preview figs, etc. Money's tight... another reason to watch my spending.

Now I hope they someday make an Unleashed Dengar. That would rock!

Kidhuman
02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
I dont normally buy these but do want ot get some. The cool looking ones I never see. I want to get IG-88 and pray the make Dengar. I never saw Boba Fett nor any Vader.

Slicker
02-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I can't wait for the IG-88 and Stormie. I don't collect these mainly for the price but I just have to buy these two which are, IMO, the 2 best looking ones yet released.

jedi master sal
02-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Yes I will buy and in fact have. See the attached pic for proof or click the link. I was able to buy two sets of each (1 carded 1 loose) Also here are my reviews for each:

http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Unleashed_IG_Aurra_Stormie.gif

IG-88: Decent pose. The legs and arms seem a little rubbery. Not as rigid as you might expect. The base is comprised of the main part of the base and two sets of flames. Each flame section attaches similar to how a LEGO piece would. The area on the flame that attaches for some reason is painted white inside of the flame. Odd, but maybe they didn't want the gray steel color coming through. Anyway, the figure itself is cool, with the arms articulated as well as the Head! The paint application is pretty decent. All in all I'd say this is a good piece to add to your Unleashed collection. For a quick rating I'd give it 4 out of 5 Holocrons.

Stormtrooper: This is my least favorite of this wave. There is something about the helmet that just doesn't seem to be in scale. The botom front part seems like it's protruding out to far. Could be me though. The base is kind of bland and unappealing. It comes with blaster bolts that you attach on in three places, though good luck trying to get the middle height one on with the trooper in place. It just doesn't fit. Maybe if I rotated the Trooper on the base a little it might, but his foot peg holds him in place in such a way that it doesn't seem possible. There is also a blaster bolt that you attach to the blaster itself. Looks kinda hokey. One of the redeeming things about the piece is the trooper itself. Though I mentioned the helmet thing, the rest of the trooper is pretty decent. As an added bonus the blaster actually is independent of the figure, meaning you can take it out of his hands. Though the plastic it's made from is a bit flimsy. Not much in the way of paint apps. Overall its an okay figure. Certainly if you like Imperials you should get him, and at this point if you are a completist for Unleashed this is not one to pass up, but if you only casually purchase these, then I'd say pass on him. Quick rating 2.5 out of 5 holocrons.

Aurra Sing: By far my favorite of the wave. Great paint apps, great pose, removable rifle all make this the one to own in this wave. The base is a strange conglomeration of metal parts/junk, but makes for a cool base once assembled. The base comes in three parts that kinda if criss-cross over each other forming a strange triad of parts that she rests upon. One other cool thing to note is that because of the way she was posed, she can "stand" apart from the base. Although and ever so minor character, this Aurra Sing figure commands you to purchase her. A must have for Unleashed enthusiasts and Aurra Sing fans. Quick Rating 5 out of 5.

bobafrett
02-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Already ordered all three through EE. If I see a Stormtrooper though at Target, or elsewhere, I will pick one up pronto to open up, that is as soon as I get the ones I preordered and the one with the damaged edges will be opened.

Darth Sisko
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I'll be buying them. I have all the others and the Unleashed line is the only Star Wars toys I really buy any more. I've got a bounty hunter shelf, so IG and Aurra will go up there next to Jango, Boba, and Bossk. I hope they make a Zam Unleashed, I've got just enough room to put her next to Jango.:D

Darth Sisko:dead:

Jayspawn
02-16-2005, 01:33 AM
I'm a huge Stormtrooper fan, so I'll be getting him for sure!

I'll pass on IG-88. He's tempting to get -but I didnt by Bossk either. Boba Unleashed was great! I know he was very hard to get for a lot of people.

I'll pass on Aurra Sing for sure -I've never liked her. She doesnt look cool in any interesting way nor does she serve a purpose in Star Wars except for saying "I do nothing -buy my toys!"

Rocketboy
02-16-2005, 10:41 PM
IG-88: Yep!
Stormtrooper: Yep!
Aurra: Heck no!

bobafrett
02-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Picked up all three the other day. Still waiting on the ones I ordered through EE, and the ones with the most damaged packaging will be opened.

2-1B
02-17-2005, 02:07 AM
I bought IGcrazy88 today but passed on Aurra, I'm just not interested. Still haven't seen the Stormie but I don't think I'll buy him anyway.

Fluke Skywalker
02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll buy a Storm Trooper... if one ever shows up :mad:

2-1B
02-18-2005, 05:20 AM
What a piece of junk this IG-88 is. The character itself is awesome but the flame pieces don't fit well and I just find it shoddy.

Slicker
02-18-2005, 05:49 AM
Caesar, I had the same problem with the flames. If you look in the database it may help but from when I was putting mine together they fit like a puzzle the one goes over the top then latches into the other. It took me about 15 minutes to figure this out. Heaven forbid they put instructions in with it.

2-1B
02-18-2005, 06:26 AM
Thanks but I think I'm doing it right. I already had the pieces overlapped and I could tell the flames were in the right places . . . the pegs all line up just fine, they simply won't fit nicely into the slots. :(

In fact, it's that interlocking puzzle aspect that's holding it together in the first place - the parts right now are all staying in place, they are just resting very gingerly.

Now get to bed, Slick, it's late and you've got a big day tomorrow !

bobafrett
02-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Well, I checked my account at EE, only to find that my unleashed now has a shipment date of March. I picked up this wave at retail several weeks ago. I want to open my IG-88 to feel your disappointment Caesar!

bobafrett
02-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Hooray, My set shipped today from EE!

Turbowars
02-25-2005, 11:27 PM
I picked up my case from EE today. I opened a set and I have to say Sing is the best out of the 3. Then comes IG and Stormy. The Stromies head doesn't look right. Overall a good wave of new figures. They don't seem to new since I saw them almost over a year ago.

I didn't have a problem with IG's flames. They went together pretty quick. Sings tripod had me for a minute or 2, but it actually fits together perfect.

I think I'm going to paint Sings antenna a silver or gray. I was happy to see it was a very thin material. I was afraid it was going to turn out like the 12" version.:sur:

2-1B
02-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the report, Turbs - maybe I just got a stubborn item.

sith_killer_99
02-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Well, I finally found the IG-88 and Aurra Sing...still no Stormtrooper. :cry:

I have to say I HATE...HATE the bases on these things.

I was hesitant about IG-88 because of the "flames" when I first saw the pics. Now that I have him I must say that I do hate them. I really wish Hasbro had left 'em out and just given us a more basic IG-88 without the flaming foot.

I am still glad I bought them, but IG-88 is not my favorite Unleashed. Aurra was better, but the base is a real pain. :crazed:

Turbowars
02-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Why do you find that they are such a pain? I wonder if there are some versions of the stands that don't work right and Hasbro fixed them, but some defective units got out.

One problem I see with IG-88 is his front leg bends due to the soft rubbery plastic they use. I do think the detail on IG is awesome with all the wires and tubing.

I know if I didn't find the Stromy yet I would be chopping at the bit to get him, but to tell you the truth he's not that great of an Unleashed figure. Hasbro should have made him Unleashed in some kind of jumping in mid air pose with one of those bigger guns. Oh and like I mentioned his head isn't shaped right.

Old Fossil
02-27-2005, 11:26 PM
[QUOTE=Turbowars]

One problem I see with IG-88 is his front leg bends due to the soft rubbery plastic they use. QUOTE]

On mine, the base itself is slightly bowed. The whole thing can be rocked backwards and forwards slightly. :ermm:

My WM sold out of its first shipment of this wave, and has gotten in another. I still won't buy the Stormie, though.

bobafrett
02-28-2005, 09:28 PM
On mine, the base itself is slightly bowed. The whole thing can be rocked backwards and forwards slightly. :ermm:

My WM sold out of its first shipment of this wave, and has gotten in another. I still won't buy the Stormie, though.

What a ya got against a Stormtrooper? :D

I went home for lunch today hoping my set would arrive from EE, but no. :dis: I'm off of work tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have better luck then.

Jayspawn
03-01-2005, 01:01 PM
I just now picked up the Unleashed Stormtrooper, he's f'n sweet! One of my favorite Unleashed figures -easily. Awesome pose, good paint job, well made. Doesnt fall over, bend or warp anywhere. Great figure!

I passed on Aurra and IG-88. Aurra is not a cool enough character to get her own Unleashed.

El Chuxter
03-01-2005, 03:11 PM
I picked 'em up last Friday, though (like all my recent purchases), they're staying in the packages until I move.

Quick, stupid question: Are all of these packed with a free miniature green Twi'lek girl who appears to be pole-dancing?

bobafrett
03-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I picked 'em up last Friday, though (like all my recent purchases), they're staying in the packages until I move.

Quick, stupid question: Are all of these packed with a free miniature green Twi'lek girl who appears to be pole-dancing?

Yup, at least the ones I have seen to date. Knowing Hasbro, they will change it up, so you buy another just to get the mini figure.

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Knowing Hasbro, they will change it up, so you buy another just to get the mini figure. Not me man, I threw those crapass figures in the trash.

sith_killer_99
03-02-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm with Turbo, those things suck. :Pirate:

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 10:20 AM
I threw my pole-dancing Twilek in my packin-ins box along with commtech chips, flash-backs and other sorta stuff Hasbro has included over the years. In case I might make something useful out of it someday.

mm74md
03-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Will I buy IG-88, Aurra, and the Stormtrooper?

IG-88 & Stormy for sure. If I ever find them :frus: . All my local stores are overflowing with Dooku & Mace.

bobafrett
03-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Got the second set todat from Entertainment Earth. As was the last set of unleashed figures I got from them, the cards were bent worse than the first set which I found at Target. Took me a while to get the bases for both IG-88 and Aura together. I went to put them with the other loose Unleashed bounty hunters (Jango, Boba, Bossk) and in doing so I moved my Unleashed Vader (first version from Bepsin duel) and found his lightsaber blade to be missing. It's on my "to do" list for the first available time I have.

Old Fossil
03-04-2005, 12:10 PM
I went to put them with the other loose Unleashed bounty hunters (Jango, Boba, Bossk).

How do you display them, exactly? On shelves by themselves, or with 3 3/4" figures, etc.?

El Chuxter
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Normally they're on pegs just beside the 3.75" figures. Sometimes the shelf tag will read "Star Wars Generation X Toy" or something like that. I guess Kurt Cobain must've inspired them. . . . :beard:

bobafrett
03-06-2005, 12:18 AM
How do you display them, exactly? On shelves by themselves, or with 3 3/4" figures, etc.?

I have some displayed on the top of my bookcase, some with the 3 3/4 inch figures and gentle Giant busts, and the Han I have on top of the glass case with the code 3 falcon.

All of my first set I have still on the cards, and mounted hanging on the walls of my bedroom with plastic hooks so as not to damage the little mounting hook on the card.

The Stormtrooper is with a collection of Stormtroopers, 3 3/4 inch, Riddell stormtrooper helmet, Lego Technics Stormtrooper, and Epic Force Stormtrooper. I just put them where I feel they would look the best. I don't have every Unleashed figure open, only those which I picked up a second of each either on sale, or one that I really like, such as the Stormtrooper or Leia in slave outfit.

Old Fossil
03-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Very cool... I like the Han on top of the Code 3 Falcon.

Bossk77
03-19-2005, 08:36 PM
I am not too impressed with the stormtrooper, but the fire on the base makes IG a must have. The Bases can be a real deciding factor with this line. Take the Clone trooper from the luke chewie wave for example. the base was a real disapointment.

Rocketboy
03-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I finally found an IG-88 the other day. I really like it.
I also had some initial trouble with the flames, but once I figured it out it was fine.

sith_killer_99
03-20-2005, 01:44 AM
Take the Clone trooper from the luke chewie wave for example. the base was a real disapointment.

I kinda like the base for the Clone...standing over a dead clone! Cool!!! :D

Anyway, I already have IG-88 and Sing, I will buy the Stormtrooper whenever I find him!

Bossk77
03-20-2005, 01:52 AM
i still havent even seen a trooper hit the pegs yet.

Jedi Destroyer666
03-20-2005, 07:49 PM
I saw this morning where this wave has made it to a store shelf. All three of these look cool, but I think I will only be getting IG-88, since I already have Boba Fett and Bossk. Aurra will be hard to pass up, though!

Seems like there's more to buy right now than there was before Christmas: the POTC Cantina wave, new Unleashed, ROTS Sneak Preview figs, etc. Money's tight... another reason to watch my spending.

Now I hope they someday make an Unleashed Dengar. That would rock!
I will be getting IG-88 and maybe the stormtrooper, but you got Boba I am very upset because I have been looking for him for forever and have had no success. I will find him eventually and I know he is one of the rarer unleashed figures to find.

OC47150
03-21-2005, 02:08 PM
I bought stormie at regular price and Aurra on clearance at Target. IG-88 didn't impress me.

Jedi Destroyer666
03-21-2005, 02:37 PM
I've seen IG-88 quite a few times and I am impressed.

Bossk77
03-21-2005, 07:45 PM
I bought stormie at regular price and Aurra on clearance at Target. IG-88 didn't impress me.
My god, they didnt even make it to clearance here.